New vehicles for the land, sky and sea!

23 posts

Flag Post

I am thinking of new vehicles for red crucible 2. I have thought of some!

LAND
Lets hit the dirt! UGH! uhh. Time for new stuff already! (spits out dirt)

Mobile artillery- armed with a heavy cannon that fires at a trajectory. Fire steeply and land far, far away. Very powerful, but quite useless against moving targets. LONG range.

Multi rocket system- Armed with a rapid fire rocket launcher that fires STRAIGHT flying rockets. Strong, but hard to hit fast moving targets.

I need ideas desprately! AHH!!!

SKY
Helicopters are getting boring. Bring in the real military hardware.
CONTROLS FOR AIRCRAFT AND PLANES
W-tilt forward (fly down)
S-Tilt backwards (fly up)
A- Roll left
D-roll right
Z-rudder turn left
X- rudder turn right
Q- Accelerate
E- Decelerate
C- fire primary weapon
Left mouse click- fire secondary weapon.
W,A,S and D keys can be replaced with arrow keys.

A10 thunderbolt ‘warthog’- Aircraft with 2 engines. Armed with a minigun and seeker missles.

F15 eagle- Flies fast. Armed with seeker missles.

A130 gunship- Big, slow plane. Armed with 3 different guns: Minigun, 20mm rapid cannon and 125mm heavy cannon. guns used by passergers.

B52 bomber- Big plane. Armed with bombs. (LOTS AND LOTS!)

SEA
I hate this. Too much land combat. Time for a splash.

PLEASE REFER TO ANOTHER FORUM CALLEDBOATS AND WATER’! THANK YOU!

Suggestions are welcomed. Thank you very much for your help and cooperation.

Flag Post

I think an aircraft would fly too fast for these maps, just like how fast the air drop jet and airstrike jet flies by and they would be impossible to hit.

Sea is okay as long as they don’t get too big like destroyers and cruisers. Which they would probably be almost impossible to sink and would have to be mobile bases.

also this game already uses so much memory most player’s unity keeps crashing like mine. Add a huge map with some destroyers and cruiser it probably wouldn’t be able to run on browser anymore which i’m pretty sure isn’t wat the developers want.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

I think an aircraft would fly too fast for these maps, just like how fast the air drop jet and airstrike jet flies by and they would be impossible to hit.

Sea is okay as long as they don’t get too big like destroyers and cruisers. Which they would probably be almost impossible to sink and would have to be mobile bases.

also this game already uses so much memory most player’s unity keeps crashing like mine. Add a huge map with some destroyers and cruiser it probably wouldn’t be able to run on browser anymore which i’m pretty sure isn’t wat the developers want.

Stop bugging me if you have problems, please. And you are right, aircraft fly too fast. However, how bout just adding the idea? They already have the model of a jet, the air drop jet, so all they need to do is add controls and landing gear, perhaps. Destroyers and Cruisers are not too tough. What’s more, only one of them in each map. The lighter ships come in swarms. For example, the corvette. It will attack from far, and yet has a strong cannon despite the low armor. I just wanted ideas. Thank you.

Flag Post

your controls for air are awful, it should be mouse controlled instead of wasd.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gallon213:

Once we make the flying controls using the mouse, all the skill of flying a jet is taken away. whats more, the mouse is used to seek the missle to enemy planes and targets. So, the mouse is already taken up. And if we make the missles auto-seeking, no skill left. Rather have more skill than none.

Flag Post
Originally posted by probandit10:

Once we make the flying controls using the mouse, all the skill of flying a jet is taken away. whats more, the mouse is used to seek the missle to enemy planes and targets. So, the mouse is already taken up. And if we make the missles auto-seeking, no skill left. Rather have more skill than none.

uhm… mouse is for direction and looping mate,a and d to do barrel roll, left mouse is shooting and right is shooting rockets, unguilded rocket like in aces of world war 2 some where on kong…also run on unity…w and s is to ajust the speed , c to land space to start the engine…c will set the plane to land speed. maximum capacity for a jet is 1 , if a bomber then it will take a squad of 4 to run all weapon and fly the bomber…bomber cant do barrel roll and loop and the pilot will do the bombing. speed is at acceptable lvl

Flag Post

Stop bugging me if you have problems, please. And you are right, aircraft fly too fast. However, how bout just adding the idea? They already have the model of a jet, the air drop jet, so all they need to do is add controls and landing gear, perhaps. Destroyers and Cruisers are not too tough. What’s more, only one of them in each map. The lighter ships come in swarms. For example, the corvette. It will attack from far, and yet has a strong cannon despite the low armor. I just wanted ideas. Thank you.

What do you mean ‘just adding the idea’? If aircraft are too fast, they’re too fast. Helicopters can travel at a maximum of about 240 mph. Military airplanes can travel around 2000 mph. The ones you mentioned are slower than that, at around 600-1000 mph, but they’re still too fast. Lag is one issue related to this.

Most airplanes need a large area to take off. And land. Also, it can take half a minute to a minute for some airplanes to take off. The time could be cut off unrealistically, however.

If you mean seeking missile as in seeking like the ATGM, there’s a problem. Airplanes travel really, really fast. To hit it with a seeking missile, you need either a really, really fast missile (which makes it hard to seek) or the ability to predict where the plane will be in a few seconds (which may or may not be easy).

Oh, and this makes infantry and tanks ridiculously underpowered, helicopters less so. Spawn camping of the extreme. Could be solved by making an only-aircraft map.

Flag Post
Originally posted by user10000:

What do you mean ‘just adding the idea’? If aircraft are too fast, they’re too fast. Helicopters can travel at a maximum of about 240 mph. Military airplanes can travel around 2000 mph. The ones you mentioned are slower than that, at around 600-1000 mph, but they’re still too fast. Lag is one issue related to this.

Most airplanes need a large area to take off. And land. Also, it can take half a minute to a minute for some airplanes to take off. The time could be cut off unrealistically, however.

If you mean seeking missile as in seeking like the ATGM, there’s a problem. Airplanes travel really, really fast. To hit it with a seeking missile, you need either a really, really fast missile (which makes it hard to seek) or the ability to predict where the plane will be in a few seconds (which may or may not be easy).

Oh, and this makes infantry and tanks ridiculously underpowered, helicopters less so. Spawn camping of the extreme. Could be solved by making an only-aircraft map.

The helicopter, THE one and ONLY helicopter, that can fly a 240 MPH is the lynx, which is not in the game. We can make these planes fly at slow speeds, like 500 MPH.( and possibly solve problems at the cost of realism, just like other games like warrock) Slightly faster than the missles. And possibly might make the missles faster too.(600MPH) But also not making it too fast to prevent effective seeking and guidance. To solve the take-off and landing, might wanna include a airfield of sorts or like what you said, a aircraft only map. And planes are very weak. A few shots to the engine means you’re down and you’re down. Never gonna come back till another one pops up. That makes planes, while supreme in power, weak in armor. Hope that clears SOME things.

Flag Post

I decided to relive this forum, as it was mine. I am hoping for COMMENTS PLEASE. i really need more ideas!

Flag Post

I decided to relive this forum, as it was mine. I am hoping for COMMENTS PLEASE. i really need more ideas!

Revive = Necro. Necro= Bad.

Flag Post

That is totally not amusing. I am asking for more ideas, not more minecraft madness.

Flag Post

That is totally not amusing. I am asking for more ideas, not more minecraft madness.

WTF?

Flag Post

I don’t think the devs even bother looking at these suggestion posts =O

Flag Post

I don’t think the devs even bother looking at these suggestion posts =O

You are kinda right. But still, if they DO want to add stuff, then at least they have these suggestions. Its just a MAYBE. Why not give it a shot?

Flag Post

minecraft trolling

keep trollin’ trollin’ trollin’ x25

Flag Post

why not completely control steering with wasd and speed with t&g speed up=t speed down=g and mouse would be for firing guns and maybe b for barrel roll

Flag Post
Originally posted by greygrey:

why not completely control steering with wasd and speed with t&g speed up=t speed down=g and mouse would be for firing guns and maybe b for barrel roll

hell no, if jet are controlled by keyboard then where is the fun of flying jet when you cant even aim?

Flag Post

Dude don’t add planes, they are to powerfull to fast and eccentially to hard to kill. On these sort of maps, everyone would need to be in a plane or heli to get any kills, it wouldn’t be a first person shooter, it would become a fighter plane game like metalstorm wingman for the iPod and iPad. And boats, would be useless, there is only one map I can think of that, if there were boats, you can actually get down to the side of the water to climb into a boat, I know what you are thinking but on maelstrom it is impossible to get the the side of the water to climb into a boat. The developer would have to completely remodel the map just to add a small component, the easiest way to do this is to make the boat bases bigger and add more helicopters on them, or change some of the helicopters for some people carrier helicopters, like the one with 2 propellers (forgotten its name).

Flag Post

maybe airplane is a bit over powered but aircraft with 2 machine gun or more will probally acceptable for slower speed and gun only. perfect for taking out heli. but it need spaces to take off and land and 1 pilot.

Flag Post

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.You realise this is the cold war or something right?

Flag Post

MAN THIS IS GOOD IDEA BUT STOP TO THINK A MOMENT
THERES ALREADY, ARTY, ITS JUST TOO CRUMMY
PLANES!!??ARE YOU MAD? DONT YOU SEE HOW BUGGY IS THE GAME AND YOU WANT PLANES? OH AND IN REAL WAR YOU DONT HAVE ANY OPORTUNITY VS PLANES. OH AND THE AC130’S MINIGUN IS THE 20MM, FOR EXAMPLE THIS PLANE’S GUNS ARE TOO POWERFUL
SEA, YEAH WHAT A GOOD IDEA (SADGASM) UNITS GO THROUGH WATER ALREADY AND YOU WANT WATER UNITS (I DONT MEAN THEY SHOULD, JUST AN EXAMPLE OF IRREALISM ALREADY.
DONT YOU PEOPLE STOP TO THINK IF IT IS FACTUABLE?

Flag Post

bibbibbib2 if you remove the RC2 vechile and planes where is the action. THen RC2 sucks, instead i could play Counter Strike. I play RC2 just becasue of planes and vechiles. This game is mini battlefield 3. It should take ideas from call of duty modern warfare 2, like AC-30, choppergunner and missile or hotseeking missile. Then everyone plays it. But the grafhes is not so good as battlefield or mw2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Musfafetcoo:

bibbibbib2 if you remove the RC2 vechile and planes where is the action. THen RC2 sucks, instead i could play Counter Strike. I play RC2 just becasue of planes and vechiles. This game is mini battlefield 3. It should take ideas from call of duty modern warfare 2, like AC-30, choppergunner and missile or hotseeking missile. Then everyone plays it. But the grafhes is not so good as battlefield or mw2.

No one said to remove those. This was posted over a year ago before jets were even added. Why would you bump this?

Also prepare to cry when SAM tanks come and blow planes and helicopters out of the sky. I’m not sure if they’ll change it but last time I tested them they were OP. Pretty much suicide to fly in any direction except away from the SAM tank.