new map?

19 posts

Flag Post

im thinking a map that are 2 ships and 1 big island in the middle and each ship has some boats choppers to go to the island and could you let the people can swim? because on my first game on maelstrom i always jump on the water and then it says comitted suicide? i thought it was a bug but isn’t a bug :D

Flag Post

I agree:DDD

Flag Post

agree…..:)

Flag Post

If we cant swim their should be boats

Flag Post
Originally posted by lightningtheif:

If we cant swim their should be boats

Agreed, if there are boats, we should use the boats instead rather swim.

Flag Post

Because boats are cooler and faster, and even possibly have weapons mounted on ’em! :D

Flag Post

Hmm.

It’s possible in theory.

But how would the boats work? As far as I can see, the ocean is just an object which has a transparent interior. It doesn’t have a collision box. As I’ve demonstrated by flying helicopters under it.

Flag Post

um make it into a non transparent solid thing? then just stick something on the beach blocking vehicles?

Flag Post

Use the float script and under water effects from the island demo, the same scripts uberstrike use for swimming

Flag Post
Originally posted by bibbobbib2:

Use the float script and under water effects from the island demo, the same scripts uberstrike use for swimming

they cant do that without proper permission from those games, you cant just take scripting from other games

Flag Post

Should there be something on the island?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dachief30:

Hmm.

It’s possible in theory.

But how would the boats work? As far as I can see, the ocean is just an object which has a transparent interior. It doesn’t have a collision box. As I’ve demonstrated by flying helicopters under it.

Yes, you’re right. Got pretty pissed off when i tried flying low-ly with my heli. to be more stealthy, but instead got some water gushing into the engine and PISS the thing blew up after coughing out several puffs of smoke and flames.
It is gonna be QUITE HARD to make boats float. The water is just a line of flat, bluish,translucent surface that looks nice, but dosesnt FEEL nice. Just fall right through, not a splish or a splash.

Originally posted by sargent179:

um make it into a non transparent solid thing? then just stick something on the beach blocking vehicles?

Make it a transperent solid thing? Wow, if there was solid water or seas, the boats are gonna just be STUCK RIGHT THERE, SARGE. And sticking something onto the beach sounds worse. Then how in the world are we gonna get in, and it also sounds a little inconvinient… :O

Originally posted by HeartsOfFire:

There is a new map under development, called Island X for now, and it has 1 large base for the soviets/terrorists/axis side, and 1 small outpost for the U.S/Counter-terrorists/allied side. There are a few huts laid around the island, and like 300 palm trees that i bet there will be more snipers than trees in that map. In the allied outpost, there are 2 heli. pads, but there is only 1 heli on one of them. And there is a litle garage below the heli pads, featuring a pitiful 2 40mm cannon/ATGM tanks.

For the Axis forces, It has 1 very OUTSTANDING AND EXPOSED heli pad on the top of the base, and there stands a large heli. Cant reach it though, they havent added the stairs to it yet! D: No vehicles placed in the Island X map yet in the Axis forces camp, but i know its still developing! And it is no longer open for ‘testing’. The test-site has turned back into the ordinary Red Crucible 2 game. Wonder what happened to it. But still, looks very incredible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by probandit10:

Hmm.

It’s possible in theory.

Yes, you’re right. Got pretty pissed off when i tried flying low-ly with my heli. to be more stealthy, but instead got some water gushing into the engine and PISS the thing blew up after coughing out several puffs of smoke and flames.
It is gonna be QUITE HARD to make boats float. The water is just a line of flat, bluish,translucent surface that looks nice, but dosesnt FEEL nice. Just fall right through, not a splish or a splash.

Make it a transperent solid thing? Wow, if there was solid water or seas, the boats are gonna just be STUCK RIGHT THERE, SARGE. And sticking something onto the beach sounds worse. Then how in the world are we gonna get in, and it also sounds a little inconvinient… :O

There is a new map under development, called Island X for now, and it has 1 large base for the soviets/terrorists/axis side, and 1 small outpost for the U.S/Counter-terrorists/allied side. There are a few huts laid around the island, and like 300 palm trees that i bet there will be more snipers than trees in that map. In the allied outpost, there are 2 heli. pads, but there is only 1 heli on one of them. And there is a litle garage below the heli pads, featuring a pitiful 2 40mm cannon/ATGM tanks.

For the Axis forces, It has 1 very OUTSTANDING AND EXPOSED heli pad on the top of the base, and there stands a large heli. Cant reach it though, they havent added the stairs to it yet! D: No vehicles placed in the Island X map yet in the Axis forces camp, but i know its still developing! And it is no longer open for ‘testing’. The test-site has turned back into the ordinary Red Crucible 2 game. Wonder what happened to it. But still, looks very incredible.

i mean put something to block vehicles from getting off the island idiot and for the boats if they made the water solid just make it act like a vehicle with no wheels but still moves

Flag Post
Originally posted by probandit10:

Hmm.

It’s possible in theory.

i mean put something to block vehicles from getting off the island idiot and for the boats if they made the water solid just make it act like a vehicle with no wheels but still moves

1) i am not a idiot, dont be rude on the internet
2) Okay, block vehicles from getting OFF the island, thats alright…
3) A vehicle (or boat, which you are talking about) with no wheels that go on the surface on the water, which is solid… hmm, maybe, but does that mean that infantry or humans can just walk on water like Jesus? Woah, that sounds cool, but unrealistic :D

Flag Post

Any other new maps coming at then?? :D

Flag Post

what do you mean dont be rude on the internet WHAT DO YOU THINK ITS FOR?

Flag Post

So true…….

Flag Post

stop fighting you two are lame when fighting youre like a bunch of 9 yr olds!

Flag Post

Laidies, ladies…. chill out….