Test server is up again. page 2

35 posts

Flag Post

They added 2 types of rockets.
One is the ordinary guided rocket shot from light tanks (BMP-2, Bradley)
SAM tanks now shoots their own type of rocket, more like a missile.
Its much faster than the ordinary rockets, and it automatically explodes when the jet is near by.
Its pretty much a suicide action to fly straight to the SAM vehicles after the update.
Fly towards your target from a decent distance, spam 4 rockets and turn imminently to escape from the missiles :)

Flag Post

Yeah i was flying around with a jet before and this guy kept killing all jets with his SAM tank. I was like “How can this be!” *grabs a SAM tank and watches the other team call me pro. lol

I feel jets are kind of underpowered now. They are still the “king of the skies” making helicopters look weak but in air to ground combat, it takes multiple passes to take out a heavy tank. They are ineffective flying near any enemy base because of the AA guns and SAM tanks shoot them out of the air like their nothing. I don’t think evasive maneuvers with jets even help much too.

Flag Post

The new jet view makes it harder to fly now. Also how do you land now, whenever i try to, the nose goes down and hits the ground.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

The new jet view makes it harder to fly now. Also how do you land now, whenever i try to, the nose goes down and hits the ground.

yeah the AA guns seems to do 25 damage per hit on a jet, so its pretty hard,almost impossible to win one on one against a AA guns, and the circle crosshairs are just annoying because you have to face whatever you want to kill, and the rolls are not really effective

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMSML6AI_4

Flag Post

The test server sucks… At level 32 you can be pretty much be invincible… You have to unlock maps, it’s stupid…

Flag Post

YEah, rolls do nothing you will always get hit by a rocket and you can’t flip the plane.

Flag Post

if it wasnt for the new view change the jets wouldnt be as bad, even if weapons were made weaker, (i havnt gotten a chance to find out if they did make the jets weapons weaker because I CANT USE THEM WITH THE VIEW CHANGE)

Flag Post

What is this red crucible test?

Flag Post

its a separated server for devs to test new things out

http://www.rocketeergames.com/redcrucible_test.html