RED CRUCIBLE 2.5 is OUT!

59 posts

Flag Post

Greetings!

The new game update for Red Crucible 2 is LIVE! There are a few of things that you NEED to know about first.

There is a new player progression that includes unlock-able guns and armor. You can unlock these with HP (as well as coins).

So why do we have unlock-able armor? Well, its because we have ever more powerful guns at each level. So, you will need to also unlock better armor. Its up to you what you unlock.

Some players hate the armor, but it has to be part of the game otherwise the system will be imbalanced and will break the game.

The game is fully backwards compatible, all of your previous items will work in the new build, including the (now) higher end weapons. Although you might need to either upgrade or replace your armor (which did not work in the previous game version anyway).

You will also need to unlock some arenas with HP. This was mainly done for the new players, and we had no way of not applying this to old players. Regardless we are talking about a few HP so no big deal.

We released this version on the night of April 22, 2013, and are looking for bugs that we have missed. We are taking feedback from players and are fixing the bugs and tweaking the gun stats. So let us know if you see a bug.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

Flag Post

The armor upgrade done on the Helmets isnt applied to the player’s actual health..

Also
I will be doing a small survey for a video which I’m planning to make. It’s a simple 7 questions.
Please give it a try when ever you have free time…

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=krrtmotgjsbqqim251125&refer=

ONLY IF this is not working, please use the other link

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=rjbka2kl0qdzuhk251315

Flag Post

First of all congrats on the update but would encourage you to look into unity crashing all the time. I have submitted over 400 crash reports and I’m not alone on this, would this not be a priority to be fixed? I have never had a response or suggestion on how this can be fixed or overcome other than time when it crashes and log out and back in or refresh before it happens, that’s not a fix. I have included my email address in crash reports.

Mixed feelings on the new update at present but will give it a go.

Flag Post

@JReacher

What kind of computer do you have? How much RAM and hard drive space do you have on it? Most of the time the Unity crash happens if there is 2GIG of RAM or less (More RAM is better). Especially if you have low RAM and have been playing for an hour or more. Also your Unity cache could be corrupt, try deleting browser cache as well as the Unity cache; http://unity3d.com/webplayer_setup/setup-3.x/

Keep in mind that if you delete the Unity Cache you will need to download the game again, it might play slow while its downloading in the background.

Flag Post

With the new game, the AK47 sniper, as well as the M16 Sniper, has become TOTALLY UNUSEFUL.

Every shot goes wherever it wants, even the first, which, instead, should go where I’m aiming.

I’ll give a few days try to it, then I’ll quit.

I’ve done the army duty, I can confirm that even a noob like me can make the first shot EXACTLY where he’s aiming (with training, of course…)

Thank you.

Flag Post

ETA for the Mac update?

Flag Post

Flying a heli on Sandstorm is now imposable, rocket cams can stay in their base & hit targets over opponents base & rockets speed is now doubled making it imposable to evade, rockets cams range on small maps like Sandstorm need to be addressed.

Maybe its some super rocket I am not aware of yet.

Vehicles take way too long to respawn.

Flag Post

@Lump22

We will looking into the RocketCam and the distance is has.

Regarding the Mac update, we are still working with Apple to approve this new build. Lets hope its approved soon. If for some reason Apple fails to approve the new build we will release a Mac version on our servers for download. This version will accept your Mac account log in but will not be associated with iTunes.

Flag Post

Game sucks now…

Flag Post

glitches still present. Iseland X : players just dissapear even close (2-4 tanks corpses,riding on tank) , possible hide in walls/terrain, sniper kills on spawn spot right after spawn, helicopters lag-out incoming missles.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42aPxZQPeYk&lc=nqYuG5wY_-fWTDFLFXlk3fELEOma_r4BxDS4cwGHQTE

Flag Post

UPDATE

1. Your old armor now has hit points (depends on your current level)
2. ALL sniper rifles have been improved with much better accuracy and less recoil.
3. Sandstorm and Island-x have been made available without the need to unlock them.
4. Many other guns have been tweaked (player input).

We knew that with such a huge game update there would be issues, and we are addressing them based on player feedback.

Flag Post

We have also addressed known glitches on the A7 bridge, sandstorm fortress and the buildings in Island-X arenas. These should be uploaded ASAP.

Flag Post

As of now, it seems to me, ak47 sniper is the SAME as when I posted message… I’ll give a try next days :-)

Flag Post

Joe, you gotta do something about the matching system. I know that everyone is complaining about the new matching system, that they couldn’t join their friends. And seems like devs changed it so that you can join any friend or clan member`s match. Well, how Im I with Tier 8 paper armor suppose to deal with Tier 12 which is almost triple the amount of health, and even with a better weapon? Vehicle gameplay, oh my last hope that makes this game something original. I joined SS TDM today, and what is that. Rocketeer you tottaly ruined the balance… almost till the point many players feeling to quit the game. Its awful honestly. We didnt wait half a year to get this

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrancoM40:

As of now, it seems to me, ak47 sniper is the SAME as when I posted message… I’ll give a try next days :-)

I confirm with Sniper “standard” is IMPOSSIBLE to hit anything. Shot 20 times to a Bazooka men, hit zero times.

I insist: on the shot there should be NO RECOIL, the recoil is AFTER the shot, I mean: the bullet should NOT stray from the aiming, the rifle CAN MOVE after the shot. This is a SNIPER, it’s a single shot weapon.

And I’m supposed to STAY FAR AWAY from the enemy I’m aiming, otherwise it’s totally unuseful to carry a sniper…

Flag Post

this new versions is fun only if you spend money.
game over.

Flag Post

@Skyalice

Regarding the matching system.

Players demanded more a deeper leveling progression system, free weapons and functional armor, so we made it. You now have 32 levels instead of eight. We had to to recalibrate all of the guns and new armor values and overall the guns are much more accurate (just look at the minigun).

The problem is that your have clan friends who are not at your level and are now weaker (as they should be if they are lower level players) and cannot compete with you. The only way we can address this without killing the new system is to have non ranked Clan matches with lower level players. We are looking into this.

Flag Post

Took a little getting used to, but it still can be fun and is a more challenging, even for long-time players; we needed it.

I have to STRONGLY object to what you have done with the Rocket Truck! No way you should have changed the speed ability so drastically. It was bad-a** and , when played right, was a devastating hit-n-run option.

Now, you might as well be on foot. C’mon, Joe, it’s got to be faster that the guided-missile tanks.

I appreciate your time in answering our thoughts and requests.

Flag Post

We’ll address the issues with the vehicles. Clan vs All will match up against elite players. You’re in a clan because you want to be the best. Being the best clan also means recruiting the best.

Flag Post

what about the jets on test servers?

Flag Post

I dont know what you guys are complaining about, I like this new update.
I just wish there was a way to switch between my russian character and my NATO one without having to change loadouts.

E: On the FAL, the rear sights block the left side of the front iron sights slightly. You can still aim, but its a minor nuisance

Flag Post

the new update is cool and all but can you please change the respawn rules because the spawn immunity is sometimes still in effect until long after they have spawned or so it appears to me

Flag Post

@xNikolau – The jets and new helicopters and the three new arenas will be released in the next update (in 45 days). There is still lots of work to be done. You should be able to still play on the test server.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GI_JOEJK:

@xNikolau – The jets and new helicopters and the three new arenas will be released in the next update (in 45 days). There is still lots of work to be done. You should be able to still play on the test server.

Good to me