realistic shooter

18 posts

Flag Post

first thing i must say the map are good but to much tank’s
tank’s make the helicopter a sitting duck’s .

another thing i had a problem going on water. i die even if i go to a little flood it still kill’s me .v
the last thing is if you make a new map for the game make a map with only 2 hmv’s and 1 transport helicopter this make the the player be working with the other’s and it make the game more realistic e.g arma 3 , operation flashpoint.
try to make map’s for people how are willing for teamwork map’s and online mission’s.

Flag Post

If you are having trouble dealing with tanks, try moving your chopper all around literally. You have huge advantage being in the air, and there is nothing tanks can do when you are directly above them.

The dev teams are working on a better vehicle gameplay, so lets hope that bring the game a little more towards realism and teamplay oriented matches. Not too serious though.. I have enough insta-death from no where in Arma 3 :(

Flag Post

well thank for the tip

Flag Post

I agree that Choppers can be weak but if you want another good tip use the sun as camo as its incredibly hard to see you when you have the sun behind you. I also agree a more tactical twist would be nice as sometimes when you play alot of TDM you wonder what the point is where in most tactical teamwork based shooters such as Insurgency if you guys have played that where there is objectives to the game and you need to work as a team to stay alive.

Flag Post

well you were right about the sun light
only one thing make me feel pissed is no teamwork

Flag Post

If you really want teamwork, a lot of clans (especially in the higher levels) develop strategies that mostly revolve around teamwork. Other than clans the game doesn’t have too much teamwork, especially if you join a random game with people you don’t know anything about/haven’t played with before.

Flag Post

Hahaha, there’s a difference between teamwork and Arma; which is a military simulator. And Arma games are as close as it gets to a real war-like experience. Everything takes planning, and coordination, in which almost no other game out there will ever match.

But this game wasn’t meant to be realistic, and it’s hard to push it towards that direction. If they’re gonna push towards realism, they’re going to have to change a lot of things; how about starting off with weapons. I mean c’mon.. we have Dual Uzis…..DUAL UZIs! It’s impossible to wield dual-anything in real life, and expect to hit anything properly, let alone over 50+ meter lol. The RPG-7 is more superior to its successors, and can take down medium armor tanks easily? By realism, it’s actually a very weak anti-tank weapon in modern day. Splash damages from explosives are also severely nerfed. Armor system makes realism a joke anyways.

As for teamwork based on a first-person shooter? It’ll never work like Arma, and as previously mentioned, the simulator requires coordination and planning. “Ain’t nobody got time fo dat” in this game.. It doesn’t work too well in RC2 either. You have to type everything out, and not everyone’s a fast typist. At least not fast enough to get a simple point across. I’d recommend voice-over with Skype, Steam’s built-in VO, TS3 (TeamSpeak 3), or who knows.. FaceTime?

If you’re a smart player, or just a pretty quick thinker without typing or voice-chatting, you could assist a teammate to deal with the situation. However, hardly ever do you find one who does the same for you in return.

Flag Post

Non of the things you mentioned doesnt really matter though, just like you said the game is not meant to be realistic. As long as it has certain limits, I can bare with some casualness if it was meant to balance out the gameplay.

We use TeamSpeak all the time playing this game, especially when having cva/clan tournament. Big fun and helps us co-operate faster and better. Its not impossible to have some teamwork in RC2.

Flag Post

Lol stop necroing.

Flag Post

I think a factor in more teamwork is bigger maps. If there is a bigger map, you need to work together more to find the enemy, spread out, get the land better, and conquer the map. Arma 3 and Battlefield have HUGE maps. RC2 does not have very big maps.

One thing that surprises me when people talk about this game being realistic is that no one ever mentions the game having unlimited ammunition for every weapon.

Flag Post

If this game (or any FPS, for that matter) was real life; no one would play it. War is scary as hell, people die, you kill people: ruin their families’ lives. Your friends that don’t die usually have PTSD and or night terrors.
Yeah, let’s keep this game not realistic…

Flag Post

razors i dont think anyone was trying to take it that far, they meant graphic wise, maybe increase or decrease damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calwesty:

razors i dont think anyone was trying to take it that far, they meant graphic wise, maybe increase or decrease damage.

Mainly graphics, game mechanics and physics engine. None of which will be met easily with Unity Web Player. Oh and yeah, the game has infinite ammo (not to be mistaken for no reload). The closest game out there is the military simulator Arma, where you can do a lot of sitting if you wish, and getting over fences is actually a slight climb over, not a jump.

So therefore RC2 is never going to even be remotely close with Arma. We can hope, but Unity has its limits.

Flag Post

i want damage based on the gun’s caliber.it’s ridiculous that a 7.62 FAL has the same damage as a 5.56 M4

Flag Post

Dude you make a really good point. Things like 7.62 AK’s shouldn’t do less then a 5.56 M16, no matter what the tier is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GargleFlorp:

Dude you make a really good point. Things like 7.62 AK’s shouldn’t do less then a 5.56 M16, no matter what the tier is.

Well then everyone would flock to the higher damaged weapons. And clearly that doesn’t work out too well if everyone decides to take the same weapon.

In reality the 5.56×45mm NATO rounds were designed so that upon impact armor or soft body targets, the bullet would tumble as it fragmented, which would cause a massive damage both within both the entrance and exit wound. Unlike the 7.62×39mm the round produces a larger entrance and exit wound. The round isn’t designed to tumble upon impact therefore goes right through a soft body targets.

Each to their own advantage. Also there are different variants of the 7.62
Such as the FN FAL, it doesn’t use the 39mm the AK uses, instead a 7.62×51mm which is a NATO round counterpart.

Games tend to dumb down the efficiency of NATO weapons a lot, even in RC2. They’ve already brought in the Russian AEK-971 Replica (aka The Grizzly), they really need to bring in more NATO based weapons.

Another one to add to the list. The beautiful HK416.. German Engineering at its best.

Flag Post

you now your guns well haha

Flag Post
Originally posted by dpolskoy:

you now your guns well haha

You dug this up from the grave, bud. I get too involved and end up rambling about these things sometimes. Surprised anyone even bothered reading that load of military junkie paragraph.