Frequently Asked Questions

100 posts

Flag Post

Hey everybody, Bob10110 here. I’ve noticed over the past few days the same questions getting repeated in chat. I don’t claim to know an awful lot about the game yet, but I took it upon myself to seek out the answers to all of our burning questions and share them here. If you have anything to add to this list, feel free to ask.

If this thread does not answer your questions, try this one on the Crystal Saga website forums.

I’ve tried to arrange the questions so the ones asked most often are towards the top. This post may well change with the times as questions get added or removed (depending on need).

Where is Blackrock Gorge at? I need to go there for the St. Patrick’s treasure map!

Look back to your roots at the Zensho Island zone. It is within this first zone that you will find Blackrock Gorge.

(If you forget how to get there, walk west of Starglade through Windshear Peaks.)

Why does the St. Patrick’s treasure map tell me to go to a level 45 zone? I’m nowhere near that!

Relax, you can still go there. Contrary to what you may think, you can definitely tank the attacks from normal mobs of a far higher level than you (their attack power doesn’t really scale up, except for the bosses). And it doesn’t seem that the enemies within the actual Shrine zone aggro you either, so you can take your time with the treasure map.

What’s this Crystal Ladder people keep talking about?

The Crystal Ladder is an endurance challenge where level 25+ players can team up to delve as far as they can into a dungeon full of monsters. Your stats are changed so that they are balanced, but do not expect to get far if you are lacking proper skills. Everybody only gets a single attempt at this per day, so make the most of it by gathering a full party together!

To get there, you need to find a way to the Tree of Life. One possible route is to talk to the Teleporter in Starglade; he can be found to the southeast, near the vendors.

What’s Crystal Essence used for?

Crystal Essence is used in upgrading one’s Soul power, which can grant your character permanent stat boosts; the first Soul upgrade is available at level 30. You can find the Soul menu right next to your HP/MP bars.

Note that you’ll need some things in addition to the Crystal Essence, such as the [Purified Crystals] that can drop from dungeon bosses close enough to your level.

Help! My inventory is full! What do I do?! =(

You’ve got three options when it comes to reaching the limits of your inventory space:

• The first is to find the vault; one is located roughly towards the upper middle of Starglade. You can store a great deal of items here safely.

• The second is to find an NPC vendor and sell your unneeded items. Any NPC that has a shop will also buy your items; generally this is where most of that white/green/blue stuff you loot from monsters will end up.
(Note: If the item is a good yellow or up rarity, you might consider trading with a player instead. Clicking on a player icon will bring up a list of options, including one to trade. They’re rare, but they’re typically not that much better than the usual item so people won’t pay a whole lot more. I leave it to you to figure out what prices people like to pay for things. =P)

• The third is to just drop an unneeded object by dragging the item outside of your inventory window. For untradable items (generally quest items) this will destroy said item rather than drop it (after a prompt).

How do I show an item/location in the in-game chat?

To show an item/NPC in the game chat, CTRL-click it (that is, click on the item while holding the CTRL key).

To show a location in the chat, click the coordinates on your minimap (in the lower-left corner of it).

How do I attack other players? Why are other players attacking me and why can’t I defend myself?

There are five different PvP alignments in this game. You can view these by clicking on the button located above your HP/MP bars. A quick explanation of each:

• Peace Mode: You cannot attack other players, period. Not even to retaliate.
• Evil Mode: You can attack anybody else anywhere outside of town, provided they’re level 20+. Killing players while specifically in Evil Mode gives you infamy; this turns your name red for a time. If you should die while you still have infamy then you risk dropping items!
• Justice Mode: You can attack only those players who have gained infamy in Evil Mode.
• Guild Mode: You can attack anybody that is not part of your guild.
• Party Mode: You can attack anybody that is not part of your party.

How do I enchant my items?

To enchant items, you require certain materials. These will usually drop from elites spawned in the world. Once you have, say, [Magic Dust] you can open your Inventory and click on the Enchant button on the right.

In the Enchant interface, you can drag an item from your bag to the middle slot; this is the item you want to potentially give another +1 to. However, your chances of success always begin at 0%. To add to these chances, you can fill the four outer slots with your dusts (or similar materials). If you fail, the item will remain as it is but your money and materials are wasted.

How do I socket my item? What are gems used for?

Item socketing is another way to improve your equipment through the use of magical gems. To do this, you need to first unlock the sockets for your item, and then put gems into those sockets. [Socketing Rods] drop from dungeons, and gems drop from bosses.

Once you have an equipment item and some socketing rods, open up your Socketing menu from your inventory page. The equipment goes in the top slot, the socket slots are in the middle, and the bottom slot is where the cost is shown for the next socketing. For each socket you wish to add to an item, you need to spend more and more rods; the first socketing generally costs 2 rods whereas the second costs 10 rods. Click on a locked socket to see the cost, and click the confirm button to unlock the next socket slot.

Once an item has been fitted with socket slots, you can put gems into those sockets to add bonuses to the equipment. Open up the Socketing menu from the inventory again, and drag the desired gem from your inventory into the open socket slot in the middle row.

What items are the best? Where can I get one?

The game’s rarity system has six colors:

White < Green < Blue < Yellow < Purple < Orange.

Very few purple equipments exist; these are usually rewards for fighting bosses that aren’t Plantona (world boss) or Devourzak (Indigo dungeon boss). I have not yet seen orange equipments aside from the PvP sets purchasable with Honor tokens, or the legendary [Dragon Sword].

Where can I find Plantona? Why should I kill it?

Plantona, the first World Boss, spawns in Himeng Valley roughly once every hour, just south of the lake on top of a dirt patch. Exact coordinates are X:102 Y:75.

I have been told it spawns in a random channel exactly 1 hour after it was last killed. By killing it you unlock an achievement, “Inception’s Disciple,” which can grant a decent bonus of +100 max HP (it can be activated via your Character menu).

Plantona also drops Shining equipment which is bound on pickup, but if you are not within levels 15-25, drop rates are reduced quite a bit. This equipment is rather useless if you’re above level 25 anyways…

It is soloable provided you have Health Orbs in your reserves.

What are green dragon coins and coupons used for? =O

Green Dragon Coins are a reward for logging in every day. Everybody will receive 1 coin, except for VIP members who will earn 3 daily coins. These coins can be used by clicking on the yellow flashing dragon button next to the minimap. If you’re lucky, you can win a prize from this “daily spin” of sorts.

As for coupons, these are generally awarded for playing actively. Some daily quests award them, and you get one free coupon every 30 minutes claimable in the Gift menu (the top button to the left of minimap, just under the dragon). Coupons can be used in the Shop to buy certain consumables such as Health/Mana Orbs and Pet care items; just look in the “coupons” tab when you’re in the cash shop menu to see what’s available.

Can I have a cookie?

Sure. Here ya go! (::)

Flag Post

Instructions on how to socket items would be good too … unless I was the only person it really wasn’t obvious to. lol

Flag Post

I have edited the part on socketing to make it a bit clearer, hopefully. Feel free to PM me if it’s still not clear. ^.^

Flag Post

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Flag Post

I was hoping to read “how to sell your stuff” but i didn’t, so i ask. My inventory is full, how can i turn my trash into money?

Flag Post

While in the starting village,go to the blacksmith and trade.If in starglade press m and search for a merchant and click on the name.Start trading with any of them and click the sell items button and click on things you want to sell.Hope that helped :D

Flag Post

Aha, knew I was forgetting something. Added a couple more questions to the mix.

Flag Post

what about resetting skills? how to?

Flag Post

Well, the Sands of Time is a consumable you can buy in the cash shop or potentially win in the Dragon Coin spin. This item will reset your Skill Points, letting you redistribute them however you wish.

I believe you also get one via a level 50 quest, if I’ve read into things correctly.

Flag Post

How do I gain access to the Crystal Ladders? I have a quest to kill the Dragon Mystic, but I have no clue where to go for that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bob10110:

What’s this Crystal Ladder people keep talking about?

The Crystal Ladder is an endurance challenge where level 25+ players can team up to delve as far as they can into a dungeon full of level 120 monsters. Your stats are buffed a fair bit, but do not expect to get far if you are inexperienced. Everybody only gets a single attempt at this per day, so make the most of it by gathering a full party together!

To get there, you need to find a way to the Tree of Life. One possible route is to talk to the Teleporter in Starglade; he can be found to the southeast, near the vendors.

There’s a reason it’s the first question answered in the list. ;)

That being said, the Crystal Ladder challenge is in the Tree of Life zone and there are two possible ways to get there as of right now:

• As answered in the original post, you can find the Teleporter in southeast Starglade. He can take you directly to the Tree of Life area.
• You can, if you feel like walking, go to Kaspaya Beach. Then you can click on the NPC in your quest log to automatically walk through Bloodfang Village and then arrive at the Tree of Life.

Note that just clicking on the NPC to walk there won’t work in some other places as the game will take you on a route passing through a level 55+ zone.

Flag Post

Pardon me for asking, but can you create more than 1 character? I want to know if I’ll be stuck with a healer if that’s what I start with. Many thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Boppyboopy:

Pardon me for asking, but can you create more than 1 character? I want to know if I’ll be stuck with a healer if that’s what I start with. Many thanks.

When you log in You can choose between 3 characters.

Flag Post

Yes, you have three character slots.

I’m thinking of adding a few more questions here, maybe eventually get some pictures in here to show things clearly.

Flag Post

Should have 5 character slots if someone wants to try out every class there are.

Flag Post

Even then the number’s more like 10 or 15. Don’t forget that there are at least 2 different ways to play any given class.

Flag Post

Please put something about the sengolia battle thing.

Flag Post

What are the coupons for? I have some, but didnt find an use for them.

Flag Post

if u click this shopping cart by the mapthen click coupon tab htere u can buy certain stuff

Flag Post

Hello, I have a question.
I’m trying to do the optional quest “Taming a pet”. To sucess I need to tame a Volture or a Beach crawler.
I went to monster island, i bought some pet taming scroll and i read “the lower a monster’s HP, the greater the chance of successfully taming it”. So i tried to attack the voltures and the beach crawlers but i can’t.
How can i do to finish this quest if i can not low monters’ hp ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 7H3_J0K3R:

What are the coupons for? I have some, but didnt find an use for them.

I already answered this question above, under “What are green dragon coins and coupons used for?”. To quote:

As for coupons, these are generally awarded for playing actively. Some daily quests award them, and you get one free coupon every 30 minutes claimable in the Gift menu (the top button to the left of minimap, just under the dragon). Coupons can be used in the Shop to buy certain consumables such as Health/Mana Orbs and Pet care items; just look in the “coupons” tab when you’re in the cash shop menu to see what’s available.

Originally posted by Cass0uh:

Hello, I have a question.
I’m trying to do the optional quest “Taming a pet”. To sucess I need to tame a Volture or a Beach crawler.
I went to monster island, i bought some pet taming scroll and i read “the lower a monster’s HP, the greater the chance of successfully taming it”. So i tried to attack the voltures and the beach crawlers but i can’t.
How can i do to finish this quest if i can not low monters’ hp ?

That’s weird…you should be able to attack them just like any other monster. The only real difference is that the scroll is just another one of your skills, and you use it when the pet you want to catch is at low HP.

Flag Post

What do Crystal shards do

Flag Post

Since no one can answer my question online, I guess I’ll just ask it here. Mount Upgrade Tokens…. where or how can I find/buy/synthisize them? Im currently on a quest that requires me to upgrade my Racoon mount and my Turtle mount so I can aquire a Mystic Scorpion mount but I have no idea how to do so and the whole Mount interface is kinda confusing. Can someone please be willing to explain this to me?

Flag Post

you have to buy chrystals with kongregate kred (meaning real money) to well… buy the mount upgrades. So you can not upgrade your mount when you play this game “free”…

Flag Post

well that stinks….