[Guide] Beginners Guide to Pets

18 posts

Flag Post

Alright, I’m quite sick of being asked about what the pet screen means, so I’m going to explain it simply in this post.

Types of Pets

There are many different species of pets that you can obtain, ranging from bears to clan warriors, angels to demons. However they all shares similar types – There are Baby Versions, Normal Versions, and Morphed Versions. To obtain a Baby / Morphed pet, you will need to kill Normal Versions of the pets on Monster Island until one appears in replacement of a Normal one.

Normal Versions are your basic pets. They will start at the assigned level, and are easily the most common pet you will be seeing. Nothing special about these ones, so I will move on.

Baby Versions of pets are a little different to Normal Versions. The main thing being that they begin at level 1. While this may mean more grinding, it means that you have a much better chance of them learning skills. Furthermore, baby pets tend to have better Aptitudes and Maturity than the Normal Versions of pets. (Will explain more on Aptitudes and Maturity later)

Morphed Versions are the best when it comes to normal pets. They generally have increased Aptitudes and Maturity, and can even learn some exclusive skills that the other versions of pets cant! Be warned though, you may be grinding for hours before you get one of these.

Flag Post

The Pet Screen

Here is a picture of my current pet screen. I’ll take examples from this when necessary.

At the top of your pet screen, you will see the Pet Slots. You will receive three of these, and will therefore be able to obtain three pets at once. You can buy more pet slots using Pet Slot Expanders, but those cost crystals. (Unless you buy from other players.)

Directly under the Pet Slots area is VERY important. It contains vital information about your pet.

-Name: Obviously this is the name of your pet, and you can change this to whatever you like.
-Level: Again, very obvious. This is the level of your pet. If a pet is 5 levels over you, it will stop gaining experience.
-Class: The class of your pet. As you can see from the picture, it tells you if it is a baby or morphed.
-Gender: This is the gender of your pet – but this will only really matter if you intend on breeding it.
-Loyalty: Every time your pet dies, it will lose 5 loyalty. At 10 loyalty, you will no longer be allowed to summon your pet. To increase your loyalty, use a Pet Food on it.
-Lifespan: For every minute that you have your pet summoned, it will lose 2 life span points. When its life span reaches zero, you guessed it, it dies. And you can not summon it any more. Use a Rebirth Ginseng to increase a Pets life span.
-Maturity: This is a very important stat on pets. It is completely random what your pets maturity will be. The higher the maturity the better. The maturity level of a pet will determine how many stat points your pet will learn from every level up. You can randomly reset this stat using a Maturity Whip.

Flag Post

Pet Aptitudes

Similar to maturity, this is another random element of a pet when you capture it. Aptitudes are most likely THE most important statistic on a pet. A pet’s aptitudes determine how well it will use its attributes (Strength, Agility) etc. Therefore, if you have a pet that you will be putting all intelligence in to (Like my pet, see above), you would be looking for a pet with the Intelligence bar near full, and the number on the bar quite high.

To randomly re-assign a pets aptitudes, you may use a training potion. However be warned, it is perfectly possible that the pet aptitudes will turn out worse than they were previously. You can also use Maturity Stones to “Enhance” a pets aptitudes. This works similar to Enchanting weapons, in that it will cost you silver and have a 40-60% success rate. As you can see from the pet screen posted above, I enhanced my pets aptitudes a bit (I used 10 maturity stones in doing so), and have received an average of +90 to the pets aptitudes.

Pet Skills

All pets will begin with a basic attack. This basic attack will either be Physical or Magical, depending on the pet. Make sure to check this, as if you get a Magical Attack pet, and pump its stats in to strength, it will do VERY little damage.

Upon Levelling up, a pet will have a chance to learn a new skill. These skills will begin at Level one. If you wish to upgrade these skills, you must first obtain a Pet – Skill Book, (Usually from the Wishing Well), and then use it. To further upgrade a pets skills, take a look at the Item Synthesis Menu from your pets inventory.

Your pet will begin with 3 empty slots for skills. Once these slots are filled up, it will no longer be able to learn skills. When the pet levels up to 45 and 60, it will unlock a pet skill slot. Furthermore, you can purchase Pet Skill Slot Expanders (Again, with crystals or through other players) to unlock more Pet skills.

Lastly, if you wish to “un-learn” a skill, just click on the X under the skills picture. Note that this will cost 40 crystal.

I hope this helped! Post any further questions you have in here, and I’ll try to answer them as best as possible for you!

Flag Post

thanks
—it was really helpful

:ilied:

Flag Post

shame that they dont give stuff away on this site im almost positive this would be given a reward if it was on their site except that a similar guide already got the prize

Flag Post

why keep the bear?

Flag Post

It acts like a second hp bar for those who need it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mastertek:

why keep the bear?

I keep it in the hope that one day somebody will buy it from me. xD

Flag Post

i’m on monster island but when ever i click a monster it just highlights it and i never attack it? how do you grind on them if you cant attack them, am i doing something wrong? thanks

Flag Post

never mind, found out that once highlighted you just press 1 to attack them

Flag Post

Lolll hey ends you bastard :PPP lol jk kinda lengthy guide though.

Flag Post

What is breed?

Flag Post
Originally posted by markboy11:

What is breed?

Breeding is when two pets in Crystal Saga love each other very very much, and are over the level of 80. It increases your pet a generation, and makes it stronger. (I don’t really know much about pet breeding, since everybody on kongregate is still very far away from doing it.)

Flag Post

Could you explain the importance of the Race, Resistance and Parameter if there is any at all. I have seen multiple pet guides but none of them have explained Parameter.
Other then that an excellent guide.

Flag Post

I don’t think Race, Resistance and Parameter have any effect currently. If they do, then a pet with say 5% undead resistance will take less damage from enemies such as Skeletal Guardians or Skeletal Mages. The race of your pet will determine the resistances and absorptions of your pet, and I honestly have no idea what Parameter would do to your pet.

Flag Post

Bumping this, because people are starting to ask me about pets again.

Flag Post

What is pet equipment and where it can be found?

Flag Post

Pet equipment boosts the stats of your pets, it comes in level 30, 60, 80, and 100 afaik – which refers to what level the pet must be to equip it. You get it from all dungeons (afaik), starting with indigo blight. It’s also more valuable than the player equipment which is dropped – at least as far as the computer shops are concerned.