S5 players, gimme your reasons!

12 posts

Flag Post

Honestly, why?

Why are you playing on a server that will, in a couple of months be merged with the rest, having you play with players who have sunk in unimaginable amounts of cash and have a head-start of 8 months at most (and 4 months at least)?

What sort of incomprehensible self-destructive force within you compels you?

Flag Post

Well i have to admit i do agree with you very much, but its gonna take months until the S5 merges with the others, and when it does, there will be a question ‘’What now?’’. Maybe most of the server 5 players are so high that the merge wont be so bad. If not….well thats why i enjoy these few months before the merge. I guess im gonna have to figure out a way what to do then

Flag Post

A merge, at any point of time, you must concede, will be bad because even if players on S5 reach Eidolon lv 100 (which I very much doubt since it takes at least 2-3 months) before the merge, the S1-S4 players would have OP’d their soul.

Also, the question of enjoyment.
The only way you can enjoy the game is if you’re in on the competition. Let’s face it, players who start late don’t really have any motivation, because they won’t stand a chance in PvP (Sengolia and DS), and PvP is definitely the main reason most people play MMOs. Also, there will always be a class divide where the higher level players will only team up with players in their level range (owing to level-based dungeon, redemption, training etc.).

Apart from the PvP element, let’s face it, the only thing that remains is AFK grinding.

And then there’s regret.
There have been numerous topics in which flamers complain that countless months of competitive gaming have gone waste. And the worst part is, they don’t stop. They just hop to a different server, and re-enact the cycle all over again.

In a nutshell:
You compete so you can have fun.
There is a merge and you realize that all those months of competition just went waste because you just can’t progress any more.
And yet you hop on to the next server, fully well knowing all along that someday you will regret again.

And believe me, at some point of time or the other, everyone regrets.
Well, except for those rich, rich players maybe. For them, regretting is synonymous with admitting that they made poor choices, and so they construct a special little world of denial for themselves to live in.

Flag Post

But there’s more to the game than comparative strength. And for each server I have seen, we’ve developed our own unique cultures and styles. When this one matures, who can know what this fifth server will introduce to other servers?

Flag Post

Firstly, Just because all the other servers merged, does not mean S5 will merge. They may have enough players and cashers to sustain themselves.

Secondly, some people from S1-S4 might not be happy that they are so far behind, so they’ve started on S5 where they can be on par with the strongest there.

Just because you believe one day there may be a merge…. Not all players will be playing CS in 6 months time, maybe not even 3 months. So a merge won’t change anything for them.

Flag Post

To sum up, Crystal Saga is not a game that brings any innovation to the fantasy MMORPG genre, yet it is a game that provides really wonderful gaming experience due to its every well-rendered systems. It is welcomed with good reasons.

Flag Post

OP is pretty much saying “What’s the point of playing this game, new people???? You have no place here.”

I feel so loved as a new person. Thanks for the confidence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by riyuki:

OP is pretty much saying “What’s the point of playing this game, new people???? You have no place here.”

I feel so loved as a new person. Thanks for the confidence.

Really? I loved the game just as much as the others do, and I just want to know different opinions so that I may find something redeeming and start playing again without feeling the aforementioned guilt.

I am not projecting any kind of opinion, just stating my argument. You’re free to prove me wrong.

Flag Post

Play, don’t play. No one really cares.

Flag Post

I like eloozion’s answer…

Let me sum up the fault of your argument:

Business Strategy. You don’t have to cash you can grind things out. You don’t have to play this game, there are other MMORPG’s. You don’t have to post about how you think its unfair or that you don’t like their business model, again there are other games.

Look up saga of heroes, many of the other companies who have license rights for this game(yipee games for instance) uses the same concept of merging servers to help keep a healthy amount of players on their servers.

Flag Post

I did not say that it is unfair. Like I said I am not projecting my opinion.
Yes, I play other MMORPG’s… but I’m sure you realize why many, many more people play Crystal Saga; you have to admit, it is the best out there, at least for now.

Originally posted by Eloozion:

Play, don’t play. No one really cares.

Your incomparable grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Ciao

Flag Post

The reason i went to s5 was cos no merge yet