War of the Web KonGuide

254 posts

Flag Post

Hey gamers!
This is just a little guide for all you Kongregate players, to help you get ahead in the game.
This thread will help you understand the basics, and how to get to Mars before the other teams do!
Before you read the guide below, remember:
The objective is to get a ship to Mars with a level 9 Launch Site.

Buildings

I’m not going to include the prices of each building, I’ll let you figure those out for yourself.
Each building can be leveled up to a maximum level of 9.
After level 9, you’ll have to create another building if you want additional effects.
(for example, another Barracks if you want more soldiers)

Armory:

• An Armory is required to buy weapons for your soldiers.
  • As you level up your armory, you’ll be able to buy more powerful weapons.
  • They progressively get more expensive, but I’d definitely recommend saving up for the level 9 weapons. (which requires a level 9 armory)
  • Once you’ve bought the weapons, you can technically sell your armory.
  • You’ll just need to re-build it and re-upgrade it if you want more weapons.
  • Keep in mind that weapons may also be stolen from the armories of enemy teams.
  • Also remember, you may only have a total of 999 weapons.

Barracks:

• A Barracks is required to house and train soldiers.
  • I’d highly recommend having as many as possible, since soldiers are essential to defending your base, and attacking others.
  • Each soldier in the barracks can be leveled to 9. (8 turns per soldier, to max their level)
  • Say you have 2 level 9 barracks, you’ll be able to hold exactly 54 soldiers.
  • Each level 9 barracks can hold up to 27 soldiers.
  • If you sell one barracks, you’ll still have the soldiers. (You just wont be able to create more)
  • You can, however, still train them as long as you have a barracks up. (even if it’s level 1)

City:

• A City is required to produce coin.
  • The more cities you have, the more coin you earn per turn.
  • I’d highly recommend getting your Empire Happiness to 100% and then setting the tax rate to 50%. If you keep it at 50%, no matter how many turns you spend on coin, your happiness will stay at 100%.
  • Build as many cities as you can in the beginning, you’ll need the coin for other buildings and weapons.
  • Be wary, as enemies can steal coin from you by attacking your cities. Make sure they stay protected. (either by a stronghold, or a decent-sized army)
  • You may have a maximum of 999,999 coin, so keep that in mind.
  • Fun fact: You can repair your cities with turns, if you’re all out of coin.

HQ:

• A Headquarters is required to plan out attacks and attack with a larger force.
  • If someone has recently attacked you, they’ll show up in the HQ under “Personal Revenge.” This grants you a +50% attack bonus.
  • There’s also “National Revenge” which grants you a +25% attack bonus.
  • The more (and higher-leveled) HQ’s you have, the more soldiers you can attack with. Keep this in mind before attacking an enemy team.

Spy Hub:

• A Spy Hub is required to spy on your enemies.
  • You can search for targets with a lot of coins, launch sites, turns, or weapons.
  • The spy hub also allows you to see the population of the different teams. (as well as how much research they have so far)

Stronghold:

• A Stronghold allows you to provide a defensive bonus to nearby buildings.
  • A fully upgraded stronghold can be the difference between losing a building, and fighting the enemy off.
  • I’d recommend placing a couple (or more) near your launch sites, to prevent them from Being destroyed.

Launch Site:

• A Launch Site is required to contribute research for launching to Mars.
  • To actually launch the shuttle to Mars, you’ll need a level 9 launch site.
  • Keep in mind that after every launch to Mars, everyone’s launch sites reset.
    (For example, a level 9 launch site will go back to level 1. Keep this in mind)
  • I’d recommend having more than one launch site. The more (and higher upgraded) launch sites you have, the more research you get per turn.

This concludes the “Buildings” section of this guide. I hope it’s helped to clarify a few things.

Flag Post

Turns:

You may only have a maximum of 300 turns.
As you can see, they refill quite quickly, so check back in on the game often!

Attacking:

Before attacking others, I’d highly recommend having a Barracks or two with trained soldiers who have decent weapons, as well as a HQ or two.
Attacking can take either 1 turn, or 9 turns.
How do you attack? It’s as easy as going to your HQ, or clicking on the downwards arrow in the top left corner. (to see who recently attacked you)

Bonuses:

• Kong gets a 15% attack bonus
  • New Geo gets a 33% revenge bonus
  • Jiggs gets a 15% gold bonus
  • Face gets a 100% spy bonus
  • Armor gets a 25% defense bonus

Flag Post

The Gameplan:

With Kongregate having a +15% attack bonus, you might want to consider an offensive strategy. (No, this doesn’t involve swearing at your enemies!)

1. To start out, get some cities built, and get your happiness to 100%.
    Then set the tax rate to 50%. You also may want to consider building a Barracks and start to train some soldiers.
  2. You’re going to want to start producing coin with your turns. As you get enough coin, try to upgrade all your cities to level 5, then level 6, level 7, and so on, up to level 9.
  3. Once you have enough coin, I’d recommend upgrading your Barracks and getting more soldiers.
  4. Don’t attack until you are secure enough in your HQ and number of soldiers.
  5. Once you are able to, buy an Armory and upgrade it as much as you can. A rank 1 soldier equipped with a level 9 weapon is always better than a rank 9 soldier. Keep this in mind, and buy weapons as you get enough coin.
  6. Also note that this is just a friendly suggestion, do whatever you think is best!

Flag Post

Winning the game:

The first team to complete all the research, and launch a ship to Mars, wins the game.
(and then Launch Sites reset and the game continues)
After a team launches a ship, other people can launch within the next 6 hours.
It won’t change the outcome, but the fact that you went to Mars will be recorded in the Martian Hall of Fame.
All winners get added to the Martian Hall of Fame.
The game will restart 6 hours after the first launch.

Remember, you need to have a level 9 Launch Site to be able to actually launch.
You can contribute research with a level 1 Launch Site though, it just wont be as much.

How much research you contribute is calculated by:
<Level/number of Launch Sites> X <number>
So for example, if you have two level 9 Launch Sites and you use 10 turns, you’ll contribute 1800. Level 9 and level 9= Level 18 X 10 (turns)
18×10=180 research contributed. Keep that in mind, and go help you team win!

Flag Post

What else would you like to see added?
Post questions below!

Flag Post

Add the bonuses you get from the other teams

Edit: That sounded harsh, lol. Great guide, good job. :)

Flag Post

Nice Guide, xD at the image.

Flag Post

Updatified, nopedk!
I hope everyone likes it. :D

Flag Post

Literally to attack all you do is click the building you would like to attack. I’ve had many of those questions.

Flag Post

Haha yeah, I guess it can be sort of a confusing concept at first.
Thanks bob!

Flag Post

how do you loot coins?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tommy9512:

how do you loot coins?

By attacking the cities of other enemies.

Flag Post

but your (whatever the green is) account has no buildings but has coins…

Flag Post

Someone can use cities to produce coin, but then sell their cities.
That has actually been a strategy used in the beta.
Nobody can attack you if you sell all your buildings!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Someone can use cities to produce coin, but then sell their cities.
That has actually been a strategy used in the beta.
Nobody can attack you if you sell all your buildings!

i can still attack but there is no loot there is still a fight…

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Winning the game:

The first team to complete all the research, and launch the shuttle to Mars, wins the game.
(and then Launch Sites reset and the game continues)
Remember, you need to have a level 9 Launch Site to be able to actually launch.
You can contribute research with a level 1 Launch Site though, it just wont be as much.

How much research you contribute is calculated by:
<Level/number of Launch Sites> X <number>
So for example, if you have two level 9 Launch Sites and you use 10 turns, you’ll contribute 1800. Level 9 and level 9= Level 18 X 10 (turns)

18×10=180 research contributed. Keep that in mind, and go help you team win!
All winners get added to the Martian Hall of Fame.

lol

Flag Post

Question about happiness. Does it have any bonus/penalty for being at 100%/0% or does it just look nice/bad?

Flag Post
Originally posted by illtacoman666:

Question about happiness. Does it have any bonus/penalty for being at 100%/0% or does it just look nice/bad?

Hi tacoman!
It actually has a pretty big impact on your attack. It provides either an attack bonus, or an attack penalty. Make sure you have it at 100% before attacking someone.

Flag Post

How do I actually raise my happiness?

Edit: lowering tax rate and collecting taxes seems to raise it slowly.

Flag Post

lol, because of the updates, etc, I am of the list, although I have that bonus on my Kong acc XD

Flag Post

when you destroy a spy, you get intel. what does intel do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by esran:

when you destroy a spy, you get intel. what does intel do?

It improves your ability to spy on enemies.

Flag Post

I’m game. Good plan, but you said: Build some cities. Could you please say how many? I dont want to run out of room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Belikozo:

I’m game. Good plan, but you said: Build some cities. Could you please say how many? I dont want to run out of room.

I’d recommend at least 4-5 to start out. You need coin to build and upgrade buildings, so it’s pretty important. Keep in mind that you can always sell a city or two, to make room if necessary. Make as many as you need.
Personally, I’m just making as many cities as I can, to get enough coin to buy whatever I want.

Flag Post

What is a good population to stop upgrading cities at?