War of the Web KonGuide page 10

251 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by auguste2:

By the way, I checked the guide the MAKER of the game created on his official website, and it says kong has only a +5% attacking bonus, not +15%… I think this is a very important information.

uh, kong has a 25% attack bonus. sorry, VforVendetta, but kong has a 25% attack bonus, not 15%.

Flag Post

i was wondering if you can make a reset buttion because i kinda screwed myself over on the first couple of turns :\

if you can, thanks a lot! otherwise i cant play the game. looks like a good game though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yelichman:

i was wondering if you can make a reset buttion because i kinda screwed myself over on the first couple of turns :\

if you can, thanks a lot! otherwise i cant play the game. looks like a good game though.

There is no reset button, but Jiggmin made this game in a way that you can’t really screw yourself over. The first city is your base is always free so a player cannot reach total bankruptcy.

Flag Post

Jiggmin should remove the “attack only” opition from the soldiers… This will solve that dingus problem

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathkknight:

There is no reset button, but Jiggmin made this game in a way that you can’t really screw yourself over. The first city is your base is always free so a player cannot reach total bankruptcy.

but what if you sell your first city?

Flag Post
Originally posted by nerrad9:
Originally posted by deathkknight:

but what if you sell your first city?

You’ll sell it for 0 coins unless you upgraded it. By first city, it means the first city in any base regardless of whether you first started or if you sold all your cities.

Flag Post

I think another tip for getting coins is to have lots of turns.one way to get turns is to play something like playing outside or play pr2 and stuff like that. i think about 50-60 minutes will get you some loads of turns (maybe 300!).

Flag Post

i mean half an hour not a whole hour.

Flag Post

id say 10 000

Flag Post

Okey. Cool.

Flag Post

Stole this from New Geo WotW strategy guide:
Armory

Strategy 1: Try to rank an Armory up to level 9 so you can buy the best weapons. This only uses one tile, so you have more room to do other things.

Strategy 2: Build 3 rank 3 Armories. This will allow you to buy the most powerful weapons more quickly, but at the cost of taking up valuable space.

Strategy 3: Don’t build an Armory at all, instead try to steal your weapons from your enemies. This will be easier if you start with weak enemies who have low level armories, and work your way up to powerful enemies with high level armories.

Barracks

Strategy: Get as many level 9 soldiers as you can! They’ll help protect you from attacks, and help you successfully attack others.

City

Strategy 1: Build four or five cites, and build some strongholds next to them for defense. Slowly rank your cities up along with the rest of your buildings as you play.

Strategy 2: Build a whole bunch of Cities and try to bulk up on as much coin as you can. Your defenses will be weak if you do this, so try to fly under the radar. After you’re super rich, sell some of your cities to make room for other buildings.

Strategy 3: Build a Spy Hub (or several), and hunt down enemies that are using strategy 2. Steal all of their coin.

No strategies for HQ.

Spy hub

Strategy: Build at least one spy hub to make it significantly harder for others to sabotage your Strongholds.

Stronghold

Strategy: Place Strongholds next to targets that your enemies are likely to attack. Cities, Launch Sites, and Armories are popular targets.

Launch site

Strategy 1: Don’t build a Launch Site. Focus your efforts on defending your teammates who do have Launch Sites.

Strategy 2: Try to build a few high level Launch Sites. These are expensive, so you will need a lot of Cities as well. Spending your your coin and turns on a Launch Site will weaken your defenses, so get some of your teammates to agree to protect you.

In addition, everyone is talking something about “Destroy Kong!!!”.
Hope my work helped. I wonder, what will happen to me if they find out?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MotherShip300:

Jiggmin should remove the “attack only” opition from the soldiers… This will solve that dingus problem

Creator of “the Dingus” strategy reporting in.

The thing is, you obviously have no idea how the strategy even works. Removing the “Attack only” button would not only make the game worse, it also wouldn’t prevent people from using the strategy. The thing about the dingus (or as it was originally called, the immortal strategy) is that it makes your spot extremely cheap to repair. You can repair your entire set of buildings over 20 times before you need to re-stock on money. Removing “attack only” would make the game worse for everyone and the immortal strategy would still be possible, just slightly less effective.

There are a few things you could do to try and stop it from working. The only problem is, the game itself is flawed. It’s a shame, but it’s true. It started off as a valid strategy when I first started experimenting with the game mechanics and created it. The problem with the “Dingus” (or as it was originally called, the “immortal strategy”), is once Dingus caught on to it when I destroyed his power city, it started getting a lot of publicity, and everybody started playing copy cat. If you want to make a completely over-powered strategy impossible, you have to make the game differently. The game itself is brilliant, and subtracting from it to make the strategy impossible would ruin the game. Instead of taking things away from the game and limiting it, I suggest you render the Immortal strategy obsolete by adding to the game; not subtracting.

That’s what I suggest. Add to the game. Make new strategies possible without removing any vital parts of the game. You don’t make the Immortal strategy impossible to do, you just add new aspects to the game so that people can beat it.

Doing anything else would ruin the game for everyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CinematicView:
Originally posted by MotherShip300:

Creator of “the Dingus” strategy reporting in.

The thing is, you obviously have no idea how the strategy even works. Removing the “Attack only” button would not only make the game worse, it also wouldn’t prevent people from using the strategy. The thing about the dingus (or as it was originally called, the immortal strategy) is that it makes your spot extremely cheap to repair. You can repair your entire set of buildings over 20 times before you need to re-stock on money. Removing “attack only” would make the game worse for everyone and the immortal strategy would still be possible, just slightly less effective.

There are a few things you could do to try and stop it from working. The only problem is, the game itself is flawed. It’s a shame, but it’s true. It started off as a valid strategy when I first started experimenting with the game mechanics and created it. The problem with the “Dingus” (or as it was originally called, the “immortal strategy”), is once Dingus caught on to it when I destroyed his power city, it started getting a lot of publicity, and everybody started playing copy cat. If you want to make a completely over-powered strategy impossible, you have to make the game differently. The game itself is brilliant, and subtracting from it to make the strategy impossible would ruin the game. Instead of taking things away from the game and limiting it, I suggest you render the Immortal strategy obsolete by adding to the game; not subtracting.

That’s what I suggest. Add to the game. Make new strategies possible without removing any vital parts of the game. You don’t make the Immortal strategy impossible to do, you just add new aspects to the game so that people can beat it.

Doing anything else would ruin the game for everyone.

Welcome back and thanks for the history lesson. It just annoys me to see your vanity that “dingus” is still the metagame and WotW never progressed after that.

Despite that you’re the creator, I disagree and I’ll like to say that you don’t know the core strategy and knowledge of the “dingus/immortal strategy” in the current metagame of WotW. The strategy revolves around…

1. Low Repair Costs
  2. Money Leech
  3. Farm Alts (Optional)
  4. Unhurt from attacks because of cost efficiency
  5. Hard to camp

A dingus base is not overpowered, it just that there are only just so little strategies to counter it such as a barracks layout which not everyone has. Even then, a barracks base needs to have a farm to cover repair costs. Most of these aspects of a “dingus” success around one idea, the “attack only” option, and it can be shutdown with its removal. What made it so successful is its ability to stock up soldiers invulnerable to attack along with a vulnerable coin farm to cover the costs of your base. Now, lets say the “attack only” option is removed. Troops can now be targeted even if the base is destroyed, thus a destroyed base will have 0 troops. In this situation, what can a dingus/immortal base even do with these added weaknesses? Rebuilding troops cost turns and turns invested in preparing troops leaves you vulnerable to attack during this stage.

You stated that Jiggmin should add to the game instead of removing parts of the game. The removal of the “attack only” will theoretically add more to the game mechanics rather than remove it. After the mass use of the “attack only” option, strongholds all together became obsolete in those type of bases. With its removal, the elements of base’s design of protection vs power will return, and it will also rebalance the game in favor to new players who don’t use the “attack only” strategy. I don’t see how this would ruin the game for everyone.

Flag Post

Everyone Kill MrDange, Divinity, Jirachi_WM, and Sexy Vexy, we has to kill jiggies bro

Flag Post

“LongLiveFace” on Armor is a farm account.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fornewgeo5:

what do you call a person who builds cities and nothing else and gets money and nothing else

Watch out, though. Not all of them are defenseless! Found someone named LZsom like that, he only has barracks and armory 9, it’s a rough nut to crack but when I finally did I got oodles of money

Flag Post

it’s best to steal research and turns and anything really if you steal the enemies stuff you can make it more likely for your team to win

Flag Post

the post says you can get 999k coins when i was stopped short of 300k whats up with that?

Flag Post

259,999 is the max coins

Flag Post

. . . Rizaru, an old adversary of mine was relatively deadly with a “dingus”. I happened to bring he and a couple other accounts of his to a grinding, screeching halt. the Dingus is not the end all, beat all strategy of the game. it’s useless against a strong defense with mixed attackers/defenders. Unless you farm turns like a cow. which he happened to do. Still after a few hours, I was able to drain him with a GENERIC defense layout. So you can take that smack elsewhere. it was bad when the place was filled with newbies maybe. but it’s not that bad. seriously.

Flag Post

kong has a 25% attack boust not 15%

Flag Post

Barracks:
•A Barracks is required to house and train soldiers.
•I’d highly recommend having as many as possible, since soldiers are essential to defending your base, and attacking others.
•Each soldier in the barracks can be leveled to 9. (8 turns per soldier, to max their level)
•Say you have 2 level 9 barracks, you’ll be able to hold exactly 54 soldiers.
•Each level 9 barracks can hold up to 27 soldiers.
•If you sell one barracks, you’ll still have the soldiers. (You just wont be able to create more)
•You can, however, still train them as long as you have a barracks up. (even if it’s level 1)

Just a head’s up, I tried selling a level 9 barracks but it took my soldiers with it.

Flag Post

can u join other kongs for fighting?

Flag Post

the game is awesome.!

Flag Post

how to team up?? and also progress is full,then why research reset??