Layout Cryptography

3 posts

Flag Post

It has come to my attention, that if you wanted to be super sly about sending messages to another player, you could do so, with a layout. That’s right. As my estimates state, that each layout has exactly (13^(6*9+1))*5 Possible combinations. And as with anything that is not reliant on random, and that has many combinations, you can create some form of encryption out of it. Say for example, that you number a layout in 13 different spaces, 1 through 13, going from top left square down reading like a book, to the bottom right square. And you could have the following meanings of each of the following structures:

Blank square: Space

Level 1 Barrack: A
Level 2 Barrack: B
Level 3 Barrack: C
Level 4 Barrack: D
Level 5 Barrack: E

Level 1 City: F
Level 2 City: G
Level 3 City: H
Level 4 City: I
Level 5 City: J

Level 1 Spyhub: K
Level 2 Spyhub: L
Level 3 Spyhub: M
Level 4 Spyhub: N
Level 5 Spyhub: O
Level 6 Spyhub: P

Level 1 Stronghold: Q
Level 2 Stronghold: R
Level 3 Stronghold: S
Level 4 Stronghold: T
Level 5 Stronghold: U

Level 1 Armory: V
Level 2 Armory: W
Level 3 Armory: X
Level 4 Armory: Y
Level 5 Armory: Z

And using this method you could have your layout, mean up to 13 letters!

However, that only uses the 26 letters of the alphabet, and a space. With (13^(9*6+1)*5) possible combinations you can have each building represent more than 1 letter.

In fact, layouts might not only be used to store words, or phrases, but even DATA. That’s right!I estimate each layout, encrypted using the most efficient means (Entropic limit), can hold:

451,361,413,543,918,530,708,541,591,915,840,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Terra bytes of data.

Although decompressing the layout enough to be read as data by this method would take the average desktop pc would take longer than the existence of the universe to complete.

A more viable, compression method is one that does not rely on the positioning of the buildings, thus turning the possible combinations into (13*(9*6+1))*5. Which breaks down to: 3575 bytes or letters storable in a layout.

Your layout could translate to roughly 30 sentences!

I am currently working on a program that can read layouts and turn them into messages and visa-versa.

Flag Post

Layout Craptography
By: The Abagiyili University of Intricate Mathematical and Theoretical Studies

And what if you think outside the box? According to countless of hours doing napkin math, we, the students of the “Abagiyili University of Intricate Mathematical and Theoretical Studies” figured out that you can, theoretically, have more or less than 13 different building spaces, and more or less than everything else you calculated into. Thus proving your theory to be invalid.

The following formula will explain this:
Where ‘*’ = any given letter
Where ‘1’ = the number ‘2’
Where ‘2’ = the number ‘3’
Where ‘5’ = the number ‘10’, since in theory, this could be possible, too. As well as any other predefined values, integers, numbers, and letters can be anything else.
Where ‘9000’ = every possible written character that is known. Since everything is referred to be ‘over 9,000’.
Where ‘∞+’ = infinity. We believe that you are intelligent enough to understand what this means. The ‘+’ is for everything “beyond” it, since, theoretically, that is possible.
9000= [(*125∞+)]

A sentence is vague. In can range from so many words, to just a few.
Sentence: a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.
Therefore, 30 sentences is NOT an accurate amount.

If there’s one thing that you did manage to get correct, however, in your horrendously flawed theory is that your estimates were indeed estimates, despite being theoretically off-the-charts away from what would be considered logical.

For some mental stimulation, here’s a fun fact:
The average adult at rest inhales and exhales something like 7 or 8 liters (about one-fourth of a cubic foot) of air per minute. That totals something like 11,000 liters of air (388 cubic feet) in a day.

We sincerely thank you for the “mental-workout” into disproving your theory of ‘revolutionizing layout morse code’.

From the students of Abagiyili University of Intricate Mathematical and Theoretical Studies.

Flag Post

You’re right my math is actually way off. Not sure what I was thinking but, my new calculations dictate that you can store 26root(13^(9*6+1)*5) letters. Which calcs out to about 241 letters. Or about .241KB of data.