This is what perception does

18 posts

Flag Post

Perception gives you a chance to find random loot while questing. Eventually it will have other uses.

You can find items that will increase your atk, def or percept by a small amount for 4 hours. These can be combined to make better versions.

You also have an exceptionally rare chance to find pieces of equipment that are unique to perception. Also, you can randomly find books to give you stat points.

Flag Post

Thanks

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Radar, that wasn’t needed.

Flag Post

Clockwork parts also drop (very rarely).

Flag Post

The very rarely dropped perception equipment is the Golden Garden Set, made up by 9 pieces (containing mount and ring too), every pieces of them gives 50/100/500 (atk/def/per), most of them gives +60 energy, except the mount, which gives +100 energy.

Flag Post

I have 10,300 base perception and x2 golden garden pieces. At around 13,000 perception, I get a green/blue/purple/orange skill book about every 20,000 energy spent.

Flag Post

but since they are going to change how perception works so the higher your perception the better things you get, not just more of them so higher rank of items will be given more.

Flag Post

pics or didn’t happen. I got another green skill book after my 20,000 energy today.

Flag Post
Originally posted by raa275:

pics or didn’t happen. I got another green skill book after my 20,000 energy today.

at 13,000 perception you get JUST that?

I only have barely 4k perception with just my questing armor, and i quite regularly get Green books, the occasional blue, a few purples and i’ve seen 5 oranges in my entire 650 levels.

This sounds like you have not just bad luck, but very, very terrible luck.

Edit: I found another Purple after leveling up, again.

Flag Post

I have base perception:7 (with set around 1500), I found Golden Garden Hat and 2 golden book already.

Flag Post

2000 perception equipped and no golden garden and the best book i found was grey Oo

Flag Post
Originally posted by Barraind:

Perception gives you a chance to find random loot while questing. Eventually it will have other uses.

You can find items that will increase your atk, def or percept by a small amount for 4 hours. These can be combined to make better versions.

You also have an exceptionally rare chance to find pieces of equipment that are unique to perception. Also, you can randomly find books to give you stat points.

What are the “other uses” – I’ve often seen that statement in the forums but no one has ever elaborated. Such as does it improve deflection in Colosseum?

Flag Post

Doesn’t questing on nightmare make better drops?

Flag Post

Wait so does it affect Quest BOSS drops ? Like if i wanted a specific quest item to be dorpped by a boss, Perception would affect it ? Or what "?

Flag Post

Perception increases the chance of perception drops. Not quest boss drops.

Flag Post

Great perception update. With 10,305 base perception and 14,059 with equips, I’ve been getting orange and purple items a lot more frequently. I’ve gotten about 2 to 4 purple or orange consumables (potions, books, etc) for every 5,000 energy spent. I also received more golden garden pieces and am up to 5 distinct items and 2 duplicates. Clockwork pieces leave much to be desired, unfortunately.

PROTIP: I’ll be pumping my points back into perception after I get attack and defense up to 10,099

Flag Post

Isn’t it a good investment to train perception? You are able to get all different kinds of “Books of Knowledge”