Wayfinder's Guild

38 posts

Flag Post
"We seek the way, wandering wherever we wish."

Our glorious leader: Aern.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Applications

Submit your application in-game. I'll be looking mostly at level and gear, though I'm not too selective beyond not being too far below what feels like the median level for the guild.
Rules
There are no formal rules to speak of so far, beyond the usual.

1. I expect members to contribute to guild raids.
2. Members who contribute significantly enough to catch my attention will be promoted to Soldier. Promotion to Officer is at my discretion.
3. Members who do not contribute may be demoted or kicked.

If you plan on getting off the game for longer than two weeks, message me in-game so I don't accidentally kick you. I decide to review the guild at random intervals, and always kick players that have been inactive for too long without reason.

Finally, speak up. If you want something to happen, ask for it.
-We need a new raid? Let us know what you'd like.
-You want to talk about something? Guild chat or message me in-game.
-Need help with a stamina raid? Post it in chat, using preview.tinyurl.
-Questions, comments, concerns? Post them here, in guild chat, or message me.

Update
We have a thread in the official DotD forums, as well.
http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?13925-Wayfinder-s-Guild

Flag Post

ugg, i don’t like kongregate forums much, you can’t have several differant sub-threads but oh well.

well… … i would like to work on sword of conquered kingdoms as it seems best main-hand weapon i can work on, what raids give that? i already know lurking horror does and am doing those.

Flag Post

For SoCK, it’s Grune for hilt, Lurker for crest, Gravlock for blade 1, and Erebus for blade 2.

Flag Post

well, i will do any of those, if anyone has them please post them here, what is optimal loot for each of them?

Flag Post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoo2RHRmpmdsdFgxa2dZUU1NQlpvWjR6RmhaSExuUXc#gid=1

That’s a good FS/OS Table.

Flag Post

We’ve been doing a lot of guild raids lately, and we seem to be burning through many of them fairly quickly, so I’m going to start summoning new mass raids in order of increasing monster HP/hours.

In other words, I will summon monsters in the sequence of how much damage per hour is necessary to kill them.

Flag Post

am i the only one talking on these forums?
thanks for the link to the raid table.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sthreet300:

am i the only one talking on these forums?
thanks for the link to the raid table.

For now, it seems that way. More people will probably start using it over time. The guild chat is convenient, but the character limit makes things difficult. Plus, the small chat window can make longer discussion frustrating.

Notice that we the thread in the official forum has been updated as well, and linked in the original post.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thPlanetGames/dawn-of-the-dragons?kv_action_type=raidhelp&kv_raid_id=269617&kv_difficulty=4&kv_raid_boss=batman&kv_hash=jK44WRX4I8

Gravlock for Blade of Anothia, SoCK crafting.

Flag Post

is it just me Grune and Gravlok dont seem to wanna drop SoCK piece lol (i hit over OS each 1)

Flag Post

Yeah, that’s how it’s been with me, too. Took about 15 Grunes, and I still haven’t gotten Gravlok to drop.

Flag Post

6th Grune droped

Flag Post

just need hilt and eldaran blade now, got both others ealirer today.

edit: i like how we are calling the sword “sock” (if you don’t use caps)

Flag Post

eldaran blade is easy Gravlok and Grune is the hardest idk why tho

Flag Post

I’ve done 18 Gravloks, and still no blade piece thing…

Flag Post

14 so far no blade atm

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thPlanetGames/dawn-of-the-dragons?kv_action_type=raidhelp&kv_raid_id=281854&kv_difficulty=4&kv_raid_boss=drag&kv_hash=86US5p6mNp
erebus the black for one of the blades, just need it and the hilt from grune.

Flag Post

btw do we have our guild chat room?

Flag Post

You mean guild chat outside of the game?

Flag Post

like kongregate chat box ??

Flag Post

i don’t think we do but to tell the truth if we did i wouldn’t be on it very much, i am usually in my clash of the dragons clan chat room which i lead.

Flag Post

oh is CotD fun? are the storyline from both somehow connected to each other lul?

Flag Post

cotd is a few hundred years after dotd I think

Flag Post

like sonofhades said yes they are, on clash of the dragons their is also lurking horror’s and you are a descendend of the character in this game.
i think it is better but that is just my opinion, it is a turn-based, semi-role playing, card game where your deck is your health so some cards have “on deplete” effects.

also if we have a guild chat room i suggest chat room nine just for the sake of conveinince if no one else has kong chat numbrers they like to stay in. (i think if i switch out of it on this game i switch out on clash)

Flag Post

Guild Statistics as of June 10, 2012, 4 a.m.

We’ve picked up more recruits. We’re currently at 40 members.

As of right now, our median level is 106.5 (20th is 110, 21st is 103). Our mean (average) level is 100.55.

In the Felendis & Shaoquin raid, we managed to complete the raid in 41 hours, 58 minutes, and 10 seconds. This translates into roughly 21,158,439.41 damage per hour. I think that’s pretty good for now. We can take on all raids except for Legendary and Nightmare Rhalmarius.

Important news for a probable guild event

When the current raid runs low, I will update the permissions to let soldiers summon raids. I want to do a series of small raids for stat point crafting items and whatever loot people might want (e.g., Haste from Groblar Deathcap). There will be some rules, however, and I will be randomly checking to make sure these are generally followed.

Rule 1: No sandbags on raids. If you join, you must contribute as best you can to the raid. Not one raid should fail. If you think you might not be able to get at least fair share (FS), make sure one of our heavier hitters like Psycho, Elvareirn, or LadyRose is in the raid to pick up the slack.

Rule 2: Only summon approved raids. The list is as follows: All 10 man raids are go. For 50 man raids, Arachna and Deathglare. For 100 man raids, Al-Azab. All of these raids require less than 660,000 damage per hour. Remember, the point of this event is to kill as many raids as possible for stat crafting. Other crafting items should be a bonus.

Rule 3: All raids must be Nightmare summons. I’m sure this didn’t need to be said, but hey, just to be certain.

Rule 4: Enjoy. By order.

As usual, feedback is appreciated.

Update: Rule 5: Unless is becomes necessary to, don’t hit too much over OS. I just realized the danger of a few people killing the raids before lower levels get a chance to do any significant damage, so unless you believe the raid might be in danger of failing, don’t hit over optimal share (OS). FS/OS table here.