Your game is broken, and you aren't fixing it. page 2

48 posts

Flag Post

lag sucks here, there’s no lag on Legacy of a Thousand Suns (5thPlanet’s sister game to dotd, think dotd in space).

They have 1/5th the population but i think its due to the fact that in dotd everytime you add a raid the game checks every raid you have loaded for timers and what not.

Its not like that over there, the game only checks hp%/timers etc when you click the refresh button. (even though on both games they go down for 30 secs as you add new raids)

So is it population size for the server, or the constant checking that gets bloated as you add hundreds of raids? maybe both?

P.S. Population based on LotS having 2.3k ppl join their WR at the same time that Dotd’s WR had 10.3k people.

Flag Post

I’ve used 3 different browsers. With 2 of them, the lag can cause the game to be unplayable. One of them, however, will just hang on a click and then keep on going.

I much prefer Firefox for many applications, but this is not one of them as the lag in this game has caused the entire browser to freeze up.
Internet Explorer, I just tried it to see how it handled DotD. Not much better than Firefox.
From what I’ve experienced, Google Chrome runs this game the best.

Flag Post

Hate to have to do this but…

I heard a claim during the downtime that this all stemmed from an attempt to fix the lag. Also something about how the lag would be present for a time after restarting, but would eventually go away.

Well the game has been up for hours, and if anything the lag is getting worse. I’ve never heard of a fix that creates worse lag, and then suddenly it’s fixed. Ummm. The whole thing sounds dubious to me.

In short, any REAL estimate on when lag is going to CEASE? Because as far as I’m concerned, and as far as most the people I’m talking with are concerned the game is essentially unplayable. Hummm?

Flag Post
Originally posted by user10000:

This is what happens when you let the lag problem persist. :(

Hhahahaha epic, thank you

Flag Post

Hey devs, wouldn’t it be good if you actually responded to this thread? It is probably in your interest to give players an update on this and let them know what is going on and no bullshit like “We are actively working on fixes…”

Flag Post
Originally posted by NormaTheNorman:

Well the game has been up for hours, and if anything the lag is getting worse. I’ve never heard of a fix that creates worse lag, and then suddenly it’s fixed. Ummm. The whole thing sounds dubious to me.

Actually, your operating system likely uses the same thing, masked under the name “prefetching”. In short, it is loading frequently used data as soon as it can instead of waiting for you to try to use it, and then leaves it there so that it would not have to load it repeatedly. It creates slowdowns when it boots, but the amount of memory personal computers have nowadays compared to how much is needed for that feature is pretty high; for servers it is slightly different, as they need a lot of memory, and in this case it would’ve been better for them to do a slow start for the server to make sure that everything is loaded the way it ought to be, but that would mean increasing the length of downtime significantly.

And yes, I am not entirely convinced that the lag will magically go away entirely (they need to find some long-term method of dealing with it for that to happen), but I just wanted to add my two cents here so that people who don’t know much about computers will know that they aren’t pulling your legs with their explanation.

Flag Post

Thanks for that Kazeto. It helps.

Flag Post

honestly i think everyone needs to quit whining , they are working on it and they gave us potions idols etc to make amends , frankly the lag is not that bad i mean so it takes 5 seconds in between hits big deal , plus many players to not pay to play or support in any way, imagine if they had the prerogative to go through their system and find who and has not donated and send each person a message saying pay up or get out. they are doing their best for a free game, they are not blizzard with wow and billions of dollars and thousands of employees , give them a break, p.s. if you call this a troll post go rethink your life and quit being a troll

Flag Post

The game will barely even load now. This is ridiculous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Orngecrsh:

honestly i think everyone needs to quit whining , they are working on it and they gave us potions idols etc to make amends , frankly the lag is not that bad i mean so it takes 5 seconds in between hits big deal , plus many players to not pay to play or support in any way, imagine if they had the prerogative to go through their system and find who and has not donated and send each person a message saying pay up or get out. they are doing their best for a free game, they are not blizzard with wow and billions of dollars and thousands of employees , give them a break, p.s. if you call this a troll post go rethink your life and quit being a troll

They didn’t give us potions to amend for the lag. They gave us potions to amend for the downtime caused by a BREAKAGE caused supposedly due to a lag fix.

You can’t possibly expect us to accept any lag in a game that is a total click-fest such as this one. This game requires THOUSANDS of clicks per week, and asking a player to accept multiplying that by ANY SECONDS, much less 5 seconds is beyond ridiculous. Perhaps you aren’t a troll. Who knows? But you are being utterly ridiculous. Even the Devs wouldn’t consider anything of that nature acceptable.

Ha. They wouldn’t even play their own game if it required that kind of time sacrifice!

Flag Post

Seriously, Norma, you seem utterly ungrateful for the game itself. I know everyone is putting their time, effort and hope in getting that little bit further in the game, but are you seriously going to throw a tantrum over this?
It’s a problem, yes, and yes, it’s unacceptable – that’s why they’re trying to FIX it.
Keep in mind, there was stupid amounts of lag before this upgrade. One of the reasons for the upgrade was that there was so much server lag. Lots of people like the game!

Let them fix it, and yes, it’s annoying, frustrating and time consuming – that’s all part of the growing pains. It’s rare when an upgrade goes off without a hitch. Come to grips with the fact that the realities of life apply to this game as well – it isn’t some sanctuary apart from the real world.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rolan:

Seriously, Norma, you seem utterly ungrateful for the game itself. I know everyone is putting their time, effort and hope in getting that little bit further in the game, but are you seriously going to throw a tantrum over this?
It’s a problem, yes, and yes, it’s unacceptable – that’s why they’re trying to FIX it.
Keep in mind, there was stupid amounts of lag before this upgrade. One of the reasons for the upgrade was that there was so much server lag. Lots of people like the game!

Let them fix it, and yes, it’s annoying, frustrating and time consuming – that’s all part of the growing pains. It’s rare when an upgrade goes off without a hitch. Come to grips with the fact that the realities of life apply to this game as well – it isn’t some sanctuary apart from the real world.

I’m sorry but the whole basis of your argument is incorrect:

1. This post was created way before server “downtime” which happened yesterday (thread was created Aug 3)
2. What you think was an “upgrade” was not an upgrade. It was a server breakdown caused by a “human error” from 5PG’s side. Hence lag was not a reason for it and previous updates have all failed to deal with the lag problem.
3. No details regarding server repairs has been released apart from being listed as an ongoing project in Patch Updates – fair to assume that nothing immediate is being done to repair this

Get your facts straight before you even start to form a misery of an argument like yours.

Flag Post

It’s sad to say but today the lag is even worse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hizzak:

1. This post was created way before server “downtime” which happened yesterday (thread was created Aug 3)
2. What you think was an “upgrade” was not an upgrade. It was a server breakdown caused by a “human error” from 5PG’s side. Hence lag was not a reason for it and previous updates have all failed to deal with the lag problem.
3. No details regarding server repairs has been released apart from being listed as an ongoing project in Patch Updates – fair to assume that nothing immediate is being done to repair this

Get your facts straight before you even start to form a misery of an argument like yours.

Your problem with what I said is incorrect Hizzak.
1. The THREAD might have been started before the downtime, but what I was responding to was Norma who posted TODAY ( and was talking about not expecting anyone to play a game “this laggy.”)
2. Fair enough, I assumed that the server broke because they were trying to fix something while trying to deal with the lag issues. The fact that it crashed a day after the patch couldn’t possibly point to an adjustment made by the team causing a problem, now could it? Moreover, I never claimed the lag caused the breakdown.

Perhaps you should try to correct things in an effort to bring clarity of what is happening with the game, rather than claiming everyone else who disagrees with you doesn’t have “the facts”.

Perhaps you need to reread what I said and substitute the word “patch” for “upgrade” – maybe that’ll remove your ill-conceived ire.

Flag Post

Well at least for now lag appears to have disappeared. Might as well lock up this thread. It was getting argumentative and “trollish” anyways, so it won’t hurt at all for it to die.

Thanks for the support from all involved, including (but not limited to) the devs.

Flag Post

Well at least for now lag appears to have disappeared.

Thanks for the support from all involved, including (but not limited to) the devs.

Game Still Lags. Problem Persists.

Back on topic people, of raging on how bad it lags. Stop posting new topics about it. They’ll figure out what it is eventually… Honestly, i think its redundant coding that makes it chunky. Either way, Y U Wanna Close The Topic, If Problem Persists?

Flag Post

I love playing DOTD. Its such a simply but fun game but even my patience has been beginning to wane of late.

Firstly I think the downtime over the weekend where raid damage was lost (or whatever) is not a thing to go mad about. Human errors happen and they were trying to fix the lag after all so it was for a worth while cause.

As for the lag in general well it can be quite trying at times. Listen I completely understand they are trying to fix it and its no easy undertaking. In the past I merely accepted it as the game has become quite popular. Sadly though as I have grown in level and can now hit more raids with one stam bar so it now annoys the crap out of me. Forget PvP just coping/pasting raids and waiting for them to load is a test of patience. Then trying to hit the raids can be just as difficult. It really is a fundamental game breaker.

I understand this is an issue that EVERYONE is having but I’m merely speaking about my experience. I love all the cool updates/WR’s but I think the lag should be top of the list in regards to updates. Not just for regulars but for new players as well as the lag may put new users off completely and without new blood the game will slowly die a sad death.

Flag Post

Lag is back again ^^
I have 2200 Energy and its a pain to use it, I can’t imagine Sui …
Its true that I can see an improvement compared to the past weeks but still its not good enough for me.

I have spend some money on PC to reward the dev but now i am not gonna pay anymore till this is fixed as I feel it is not enjoyable anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Broyance:

Lag is back again ^^
Its true that I can see an improvement compared to the past weeks but still its not good enough for me.

I have spend some money on PC to reward the dev but now i am not gonna pay anymore till this is fixed as I feel it is not enjoyable anymore.

Yep. This back and forth “dashed hope” thing is almost worst than continuous lag. It was better, then it got really bad again around 2:30 PDT, and it’s been rather bad to very bad every since.

Personally I think the problem is important enough that a Lag Update sticky is warranted. A report at least once a day, and more than once a day if something is in process. This will help keep them on point, and us feeling like the process is going forwards.

See what some still don’t seem to understand is LAG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IN THE GAME. Not because it makes the game more enjoyable, or less irritating, but because the game is UNPLAYABLE with lag. This game is all about clicking, cutting, pasting, more clicking, and more and more and more CLICKING. If your clicks don’t respond you aren’t playing the game. You are spending 80% or 90% of the time just waiting.

No one can expect us to put up with this forever. It will DESTROY a game of this type. Another might be able to absorb the losses, but this game requires a HUGE NUMBER player base, and AN EXTRAORDINARY NUMBER of clicks per player. There is no other solution but to fix the lag, fix it yesterday, and fix it permanently.

Flag Post

i’ll say this much Norma, I had 250 bucks i was going to spend into this game. After the latest things, I refuse to ever pay them a cent. Never. I was thinking of putting in 200 a month for extra things, but after the lag, their human errors and abhorrent disregard for people and the related issues, i will never give them anything.

Good Job 5th Planet Games, Dahrizon, LenaG1 and Levi_Is_Awesome. You chased away another paying customer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hizzak:

Your problem with what I said is incorrect Hizzak.
1. The THREAD might have been started before the downtime, but what I was responding to was Norma who posted TODAY ( and was talking about not expecting anyone to play a game “this laggy.”)
2. Fair enough, I assumed that the server broke because they were trying to fix something while trying to deal with the lag issues. The fact that it crashed a day after the patch couldn’t possibly point to an adjustment made by the team causing a problem, now could it? Moreover, I never claimed the lag caused the breakdown.

Perhaps you should try to correct things in an effort to bring clarity of what is happening with the game, rather than claiming everyone else who disagrees with you doesn’t have “the facts”.

Perhaps you need to reread what I said and substitute the word “patch” for “upgrade” – maybe that’ll remove your ill-conceived ire.

I believe you are the one who needs to review your previous statement. First of, so you’re saying that you simply ignored to read the previous comments made by Norma and just narrow-mindedly focused on his very last post? Or that you simply chose to ignore past raised concerns to focus on his harsher stance in light of recent events? No matter what the reason, the way you have written your point makes it seem as if though you discard previous grievances, which was my point exactly.

Perhaps you should read up on something before posting your ignorant claims. The situation is perfectly clear, all the details are there to be found but you seem to be the only who fails to comprehend what has been described. Furthermore, I solely focused on you because your ignorance was annoying and your idea that I claim that everyone who disagrees with me does not have the facts is preposterous. I enjoy a sound argument but yours is, yet again, a failure of one.

In addition; IT WAS NOT an upgrade OR a patch. It was a server crash and a repair (or reboot if you’d like). My ill-conceived ire seems to be perfectly justified.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Broyance:

Lag is back again ^^

Yep. This back and forth “dashed hope” thing is almost worst than continuous lag. It was better, then it got really bad again around 2:30 PDT, and it’s been rather bad to very bad every since.

Personally I think the problem is important enough that a Lag Update sticky is warranted. A report at least once a day, and more than once a day if something is in process. This will help keep them on point, and us feeling like the process is going forwards.

See what some still don’t seem to understand is LAG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IN THE GAME. Not because it makes the game more enjoyable, or less irritating, but because the game is UNPLAYABLE with lag. This game is all about clicking, cutting, pasting, more clicking, and more and more and more CLICKING. If your clicks don’t respond you aren’t playing the game. You are spending 80% or 90% of the time just waiting.

No one can expect us to put up with this forever. It will DESTROY a game of this type. Another might be able to absorb the losses, but this game requires a HUGE NUMBER player base, and AN EXTRAORDINARY NUMBER of clicks per player. There is no other solution but to fix the lag, fix it yesterday, and fix it permanently.

I agree one hundred percent. It has gotten to the point where I would rather just stop playing than have to wait. I think this idea would give us at least something to look forward to through the lag.

Flag Post

Just a heads up, as previously noted in this thread the lag issue HAS been a part of the patch notes for at least the patch or two. This means that the devs are aware of the problem though not necessarily that they are actively working to fix said problem. However Dahrizon dropped into room one today around 12:45pm EST:

Dahrizon: We are going to take the game down around in about 2+ hours and then run some maintenance to try and clear up the lag. The game will likely be down for about 1/2 or so.

Dahrizon: Can’t talk much today. Much work to do for lag reduction and upcoming content. Once we get the lag taken care of, I should have more time to visit. Just incredibly crunched right now.

Dahrizon: Thank you. I’m really wanting to make this Friday the day we pass the lag threshhold.