The NEW Awkward Silence Recruitment Thread!

131 posts

Flag Post

DISCLAIMER: Contrary to what the title might say, the Awkward Silence guild has not died and been reborn like the mythical phoenix of yore. Rather, it is the thread itself that is new, as a result of change in leadership.

WHAT IS AWKWARD SILENCE?

You know that moment when you’re with someone else and you say something, but the other person says something at the same time, and you end up interrupting each other? Then you both tell the other to speak first, and then taking a cue from that, both of you try to speak first, only to end up speaking at the same time again. Then the both of you just stand there doing nothing, looking at the wall or floor, saying nothing at all.

That’s an awkward silence.

Oh, wait, you meant Awkward Silence, the guild! Sorry, my bad. I got confused because of the capitals. Awkward Silence is a guild that accepts players level 100 and up, commandeered by some weirdo who likes TALKING IN ALL CAPS1 and who, despite all his flaws, somehow2 managed to land in the position of Supreme Ruler/Tyrant.

WHAT CAN AWKWARD SILENCE OFFER ME?

• Officers spread among different time zones ensuring (or trying to) that all raids are up at NM difficulty.
  • Help with getting Enigmatic Items or Brough’s Trinkets for the Sword of Conquered Kingdoms 3 and Shield of Ryndor 2!
  • Rhalmarius the Flag Carrier who never drops Pragmatic Relics! Attack him hundred times seeking a Booma and get a Girdle of Barbaric Wrath instead!
  • A guild chat full of truly wonderful, friendly people willing to offer good advice!3
  • Copious amounts of awkward silence!4
  • Occasional guild-only NM Dragon Lairs!5
  • The ability for any member to remove any magic on a raid!

ARE THERE ANY RULES?

Obviously, without rules, civilization would collapse and we would all be mindless barbarians, screaming our heads off. And guess what – when you’re screaming, you can’t experience moments of awkward silence. So without ado, just follow these simple rules and everything will be okey-dokey honkey-dory and did I just really say that.6

• Don’t apply useless magic on the guild raids. Yes, anybody can remove and add magic, but that’s not reason to slap down a poison on an Agony.
  • Do not tag 10-man raids. This isn’t really a problem with Celeano or Groblar, but Slaughters and especially Obyron suffer from instances in which people tag them for less than their FS and just forget about them, keeping anybody else from joining and the raids from going down. As a side note, try to leave enough health left on the raids so the next person to hit it can at least 1/2 FS it. If there’s less than 1/2 FS left on the raid, just finish it off. Again, this doesn’t apply to Celeano or Groblar, since everybody in the guild should be able to hit for 300k and 600k damage in one hit.
  • Try to stay active. Absences up to a month are tolerated. Any longer requires you to toss me a private message via the game, a message on the guild chat or a message on this thread.
  • Don’t be a colossal douche. Only I am allowed to be a jerk. You can be moderate douches though.
  • Keep Rhal alive for 12 hours! Not really that enforced, merely strongly suggested. Not everyone can be there to whack ol’ Flag Carrier right away, so keeping him alive for half a day seems to be the best possible choice. We will have a discussion on this matter later.

HOW DO I JOIN AWKWARD SILENCE?

Join a gathering of people and say something that sounds plausible yet stupid! Watch everyone pause in a moment of awkward sile- OH. You meant the guild again. My apologies. It’s simple! Just apply in-game!

1 IF POSSIBLE THIS THREAD WOULD BE ENTIRELY IN ALL CAPS.

2 Actually it was a vote. Jury’s still out on whether it was rigged or not.

3 Also BLORG, the guild leader.

4 Also a spattering of non-awkward silence. But we try not to talk about that. It’s sorta… awkward.

5 We in the ‘biz’ call them DLs.

6 Yes, I did.

Flag Post

Benchmark for resources. :3

Flag Post

I was wondering.. do you have a preferred font for all caps or is it like.. “dunmatter, caps’re caps”

Flag Post

Caps are caps. Fonts don’t matter once you apply the great equalizer known as death.

I mean, capitals.

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT THAT IS.

Flag Post

Did Tarka quit?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Goontra:

Did Tarka quit?

Yea, pretty much so. Guess he will still be on once in a while

Flag Post

Awwwwright, with the new Patch and all, we should discuss what to do with the raids and stuff.

So we got 4 new raids – Krasgore, Xessus, Malchar and N’rlux – to whack, and we need stuff from the first three to get decent stuff from N’rlux. So no use in hitting or summoning the bastard till we get the stuff. Also, what with the WR and all, most of the guild raids are underhit. So I propose the following things.

• No summoning of any raids besides the 10-man raids, the new raids besides N’rulx, and Rhal. Also any of the raids required for Enigmatic Items or Brough’s Trinkets, but only on request.
  • Kill all of the currently summoned guild raids so navigation becomes easier.
  • No summoning of N’rulx till at least 20+ (or 30+) members have the Insecticide Legion.
  • Seriously don’t summon N’rulx. We get nothing but flags from him in our current situation and dude’s got more life than Rhal with like half the timer. I will demote anyone who summons him.

I’d like your opinions on this.

EDIT: Also, please post if you have the stuff needed for N’rlux.

FOR

1. Blorg
  2. techwolf
  3. Nemo613
  4. Sp4mGuy
  5. xelia
  6. Miksan
  7. medjay
  8. NPenna

AGAINST

1. Nobody

Flag Post

I approve of the new guild raid suggestions. As no tiers have been established yet, it makes sense to honor dump on them for the time being.

Flag Post

Also double postin’ to make a list of people who have stuff needed for N’rulx.

Insecticide Legion

1. Blorg
  2. thmadhatter / Sharts
  3. Veist
  4. NPenna / Solfieri
  5. Rotikossi / Tzorba
  6. blackbloodprince / BausMANGO
  7. AznHalfBloodz
  8. Ryu

Full Magnificent Dragonite Set

1. Blorg
  2. NPenna / Solfieri
  3. Veist
  4. AznHalfBloodz x2
  5. Ryu

Generals

1. Blorg
  2. Veist
  3. NPenna / Solfieri?
  4. blackbloodprince / BausMANGO
  5. Rotikossi / Tzorba
  6. AznHalfBloodz
  7. Ryu

Flag Post

I agree. Let’s see what these new ones give

Flag Post

I pretty much just need two more prags for a full set of glorious dragonite. I’m assuming the eye drops from N’rulx himself, but I think we’d have a better chance on him if we had the legion first, or at least the generals and some items from the others. We wouldn’t want to waste honor on something we don’t kill. What are the timers on Krasgore, Xessus, and Malchar?

*Edit to mention I’m Tihs

Flag Post

There are no timers on them. They can be repeatedly-summoned back-to-back. Which is why I’m advocating the killing of the other guild raids first so we don’t have to deal with crappy navigation. To reiterate, if everyone agrees with the policies I’ve noted above, the rules will be as such.

Also, I think the legion is required for the eye to drop, since it needs the legion to proc while hitting N’rulx.

• All currently summoned non-new guild raids are to be killed to prevent clutter.
  • Only summon Krasgore, Xessus, Malchar, Rhal and the 10-man raids.
  • N’rulx is only to be summoned once more than 1/4 of the guild has the legion.
  • Only guild members who post in this thread, noting that they have the legion will be counted as having the legion.
  • Do not summon any other raid.
  • Summoning any other raid will result in a temporary demotion for either 1) not reading the rules or 2) disregarding them.
  • Summoning N’rulx before enough people have the legion will result in a permanent demotion or expulsion. The currently summoned N’rulx is exempt since it was the first summoned one, but further summoning will not be forgiven. Hopefully this will not be an issue; if N’rulx has a cooldown then I’m hoping a good number of us will have legions by the time he’s available again.

Flag Post

I’m the same as Lightbringer. I still need 2 complete frags to finish glorious dragonite. That might take a while since I’ve only ever received one full prag from a raid.

Agree with the other rules as well.

Flag Post

Mmm, yeah, the lack of frags is a problem. Rhal’s up right now, and will always be whenever off cooldown, but I also suggest smacking DLs if possible. Especially if you don’t have Derek’s or Green Leaf equipment.

Flag Post

I’ve had full glorious dragonite since like forever ago. I mean seriously, do you even NM DL guys? lol

Flag Post

Sounds good to me Blorg. Sorry BLORG (forgot the CAPS there).

I’m one prag away from full glorious and have the legion and 2 generals from the first set of the new raids.

Flag Post

I need 2 fragment and dragonscale gauntlets. Agree with the other rules as well. My former guild didn’t summon anything :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Veistran:

I’ve had full glorious dragonite since like forever ago. I mean seriously, do you even NM DL guys? lol

Eh, the reason I was able to make my Glorious Dragonite today was cause I was stockpiling them instead of using them for enchanting items. XD

EDIT: Wait are you from our guild?

SECOND EDIT: Oh wait you’re Viest. I’m an idiot.

Flag Post

let’s get to the new raid!!

but prag becomes so important now, i might have to hunt some NM DL
i just hope rhal drop more prag

Flag Post

Let’s get to the new raids. Anyone who wants a prag can NM DL.

Flag Post

I just demoted an officer for summoning a raid that wasn’t 10-man or new, after I went and killed it off to prevent clutter.

/facepalm

Flag Post

So the drops on the generals seem to be pretty high, and I got one of the legion pieces, so its entirely possible a good chunk of the guild will be ready to go by Wednesday if we keep up our current pace.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kenbestdia:
Originally posted by Veistran:

Eh, the reason I was able to make my Glorious Dragonite today was cause I was stockpiling them instead of using them for enchanting items. XD

EDIT: Wait are you from our guild?

SECOND EDIT: Oh wait you’re Viest. I’m an idiot.

OR AM I? Oh wait, I am Veist.

Flag Post

clutter? facepalm? do u really think there is any problem handling one (1) 10 man raid more with our guild?

i havnt read the note… sorry but i really dont scroll the whole guildchat every time i check the guild page …

u could have said something, before kicking me as offi …

no need to be so rude, also its not needed to expose me with that facepalm comment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kenbestdia:

I just demoted an officer for summoning a raid that wasn’t 10-man or new, after I went and killed it off to prevent clutter.

/facepalm

Originally posted by chilledkroete:

clutter? facepalm? do u really think there is any problem handling one (1) 10 man raid more with our guild?

i havnt read the note… sorry but i really dont scroll the whole guildchat every time i check the guild page …

u could have said something, before kicking me as offi …

no need to be so rude, also its not needed to expose me with that facepalm comment.

Lunatics is a 50-man raid, not a 10-man raid. You may have been thinking of Slaughterers. Also, if you thought the guild wouldn’t have a problem handing another raid, that in itself is not a problem. Any opinion is appreciated. But the issue wasn’t your opinion.

The note to read the guild thread has been in the announcements, as well as the guild chat and even temporarily on the guild description, under the link to this thread. I’ve emphasized reading this over and over. It is the responsibility of the officer to stay on date. And old man shot by a gun once said, “with great power comes great responsibili- graaaargh” before ultimately dying while his newly-superhuman nephew wept. I’d like to do the same, just without the being shot or dying part. Or the nephew part. Peter Parker’s probably older than me and I don’t want a nephew who can benchpress ten of me.

I admit that I wasn’t in a very good mood upon seeing Lunatics come up again, but in retrospect, my methods of dealing with it were far from exemplary. So I will apologize for that. Just because I am a massive jerkwad is no reason for me to act like one.

The demotion is supposed to be temporary, as noted above, but I doubt that’s of any comfort to you. Either way, there are still 3 hours before a full day has passed since I put up that impromptu vote, so I will reverse my decision on this matter.

After, however, is an entirely different matter.