anyway to adjust settings/quality?

23 posts

Flag Post

was just wondering if it was possible to adjust settings/quality..cause game seems to work decently,only problem i’ve been having is mouse kinda moves like in slow motion.which makes it extremely difficult/annoying to try to select the tabs and whatnot.was hoping settings or something would make a difference.the game seems pretty decent and would continue to play,if i can resolve this issue,otherwise not worth the aggrevation/frustration….thanks… Corlock.:)

Flag Post

Hello Corlock!

Yes, some work in this direction is already being done and the issue is being addressed. We’re working on optimizing the game performance, and hopefully it’ll run much better in the near future.

Flag Post

first off i would like to thank u for your quick response,wich tells me you guys are serious about your users concerns.I will definetly keep checking in to see if the issues get resolved,as i think this game has great potential for this genre type…..thnks again,hope to see you all soon….Corlock

Flag Post
Originally posted by Corlock:

first off i would like to thank u for your quick response,wich tells me you guys are serious about your users concerns.I will definetly keep checking in to see if the issues get resolved,as i think this game has great potential for this genre type…..thnks again,hope to see you all soon….Corlock

You are very kind, Corlock.
We, in our turn, would like to thank you for your interest in the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NivalPublishing:

We’re working on optimizing the game performance, and hopefully it’ll run much better in the near future.

Just posting to add weight to the issue. I’m having the same problem. I can play games like Starcraft 2 and Eve Online on this computer, but King’s Bounty is slow. Like Corlock, I’m having to move the mouse carefully because the mouse cursor lags behind where I move it. Strangely, the problem seems to be worse in fullscreen mode, which is the opposite of what I’d expect.

Anyway, you guys are working on it…so I realize there’s not much you’ll be able to tell me. Just be aware that others are having this problem, and as it is now…I stopped playing after about 3 minutes because of the speed issue. It is that bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordBucket:

We’re working on optimizing the game performance, and hopefully it’ll run much better in the near future.

Just posting to add weight to the issue. I’m having the same problem. I can play games like Starcraft 2 and Eve Online on this computer, but King’s Bounty is slow. Like Corlock, I’m having to move the mouse carefully because the mouse cursor lags behind where I move it. Strangely, the problem seems to be worse in fullscreen mode, which is the opposite of what I’d expect.

Anyway, you guys are working on it…so I realize there’s not much you’ll be able to tell me. Just be aware that others are having this problem, and as it is now…I stopped playing after about 3 minutes because of the speed issue. It is that bad.

I also have this issue, but I’m kinda dealing with the 10 minute long laggy battles cause I think it can improve :D

Flag Post

Same problem, the game is too slow…..

Flag Post

It’s not just slow, it’s absolutely unplayable.

Flag Post

Yes this is definitely one of the most lagging games I’ve ever played on Kong. The cursor moves around the screen at snail speed and you try to press a button and it doesn’t even register. This game is also a massive memory hog on my laptop.

Not to mention all of the horrible design choices in this game, like the awful friends system and ridiculous stamina bar. I know other games have stamina bars as well, but this one has sunk to new lows. If your goal is to get people to play this game like most developers, you are failing miserably.

Flag Post

Guys, we’d be very-very thankfull if you tell us your PC specifications + we’d also like to know your OS/browser version.
It will also be great if you spare us a few minutes of your time and send a request to our support service (support@playkb.com).
Thank you in advance!

Flag Post

Chrome on HP laptop
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
Intel Core 2 Duo (2.1 GHz x 2)
4GB RAM
300GB Memory
2GB Display, DX 11

Very slow even when I only run Chrome, Dropbox, utorrent

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mastertek:

Chrome on HP laptop
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
4GB RAM
300GB Memory
2GB Display, DX 11

Does it help to use another browser, Mastertek?

Flag Post

my laptop plays the game fine w/o lag…
until it shuts down due to over heat
this have happened twice already

any way to lower cpu load would be awesome

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mastertek:

Chrome on HP laptop
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
4GB RAM
300GB Memory
2GB Display, DX 11

Does it help to use another browser, Mastertek?

Problem persists with Firefox :( CPU usage is too high.

Flag Post

Its times like this that Im glad I have a AMD Athlon II Quad-Core processor

Flag Post

I think an option to turn off animations and particle effects would help a lot. Too many things moving, background stuff, characters idle, combat, walking, etc… No matter how much you improve the code, you will always increase you player base with these options.

Flag Post

Hello Corlock!

Yes, some work in this direction is already being done and the issue is being addressed. We’re working on optimizing the game performance, and hopefully it’ll run much better in the near future.

Just turn some not crucial animation and particle effects off. It’s not a bad code issue, there is nothing to optimize. It’s just too much for flash game and PCs which are used to play flash games.

Flag Post
we’d be very-very thankfull if you tell us your PC
specifications + we’d also like to know your OS/browser version.

Pentium dual core @ 2.5ghz
4 gigs ram
2 gigs video memory
Windows vista with SP 2, 64 bit
Directx 11
Firefox 8
Flash player version 11.2.202.228

Checking performance monitor, the game is only using about 20% of my CPU time, no significant difference whether in a battle or simply staring at the town screen. Nevertheless it’s about as laggy as when I have two instances of WoW running windowed simultaneously.

Flag Post

Third time I can’t even finish a battle… =/
Game’s laggy and freeze at a moment, then nothing… ~5mn after i’ve the message “you were disconnected from the server” and when i refresh battle’s over.

Love the game (i bought and finished heroes and might and magic 3/4/5 many many times) but lag’s really a big problem.

Flag Post

@NivalPublishing:

Reading over this thread I get the impression that there may be multiple issues rather than just one. For example, Mastertek above says that CPU usage is too high, whereas personally, in my case it doesn’t seem to be that at all. Again, Performance monitor on my machine reports the game averages about 20% CPU usage, and it rarely goes over 30% in brief spurts. Fleau is talking about the game freezing and disconnecting, but I’ve yet to see that happen. Leile is talking about particle effects, but again…in my case, the lag is present even out of combat just staring at the town screen.

For me personally, the problem is primarily an interface delay. Like I said above, I’m having to move the mouse carefully and slowly because the mouse cursor is trailing behind where I’m moving it. Even just staring at the screen right now…I have my mouse over the score list to the game of the flash window…I move the mouse in circles, and it’s perfectly responsive. I move it a few inches to the left, the cursor becomes a red gauntlet, and suddenly it’s like moving through molasses.

The game itself is acceptably fast. The combat animations are ok. A bit jerky, but the time it takes a unit to get from A to B is fine. When I click on a button, the game reacts almost immediately.

But getting to that button takes way too long. The game is unacceptably unresponsive to me when I try to give it input.

Flag Post

i would just like to reconfirm what lord bucket said about the “moving through molasses”…that is exactly why i made the post….and thought that if we could adjust settings/quality,that that would solve it…the game seems to function adequatly enough,it’s just the mouse issue..like him,i move mouse offscreen and shazam my mouse works perfect,then soon as touch game screen whamo back to slo-mo..hope this problem gets resolved,think game has great potential,but mouse issue is too overwhelming.

Flag Post

Thanks to all of you, guys, we’ll keep collecting data and doing our best solve these problems.
It’d be great if you send us Unity Player’s log files and MSINFO32 reports.

How to get the Unity Player log files:

1. Launch the game
2. Find the files in the folders that are listed below (make sure that hidden files and folders are displayed on your PC):

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\…\Local Settings\Temp\UnityWebPlayer\log\

Windows Vista, Windows 7:

C:\Users\…\AppData\Local\Temp\UnityWebPlayer\log\

Copy these files, add them to archive and send them to support@playkb.com (don’t forget to indicate the name of your Kongregate account).

How to get the MSINFO32 report:

1. Go to the Start button
2. Select Run… (or press Windows Key + R)
3. Type msinfo32 and click OK
4. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
5. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo and then send it to support@playkb.com together with Unity Player’s log files.

Thank you so much in advance!

Flag Post

sent :) all the best