You ask - we reply! page 2

425 posts

Flag Post

Nival, just what are the restrictions for starting PvP fights?

It’s been assumed for a while that the player has to reach the Karakol Port and get the first of the PvP quests from there to unlock it but we’ve had someone in chat do just that and still not be able to use the PvP system. Is there a level requirement as well?

And if this is the case it would be a good idea to add a tooltip or something when hovering over the PvP button if you do not meet the requirements so people know.

Flag Post

I have a question about fighting balance in the game. How balanced is it, I mean, I just got horribly murdered because the AI almost literally Zerg Rushed me and killed everyone with their Sea Wolf hordes. There were only 15 total but still. Their Vagabonds didn’t really do much, and the swordsman was like the Sea Wolf Horde.
My poor Sea Wolfs didn’t even know what hit them. :(
Everyone else died after that.

At least I did manage to kill them the second time.

I got the message that the enemy troops were rewarded. And then after that, they seemed to get archers to mix up with their vagabonds. That seems a bit odd to make the enemy stronger when you lose.

I love these games a lot, and was very happy to find an online version of it.
I’m mostly curious if the game does actually make enemies stronger when you lose.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to weaken them down, so the player can eventually beat them, and feel a sense of accomplishment?
I’m curious. I don’t really want to be punished because I lose.

Flag Post

Hope this hasn´t been asked before, but I got a problem with my army managment or maybe i am just missing something…

For example my “Gunner” unit says that it can “store” 6 units total in my active army, but I can never get more than 3 from the “Ward” tab. It always remains at 3/6 no matter what I do, why can´t I get the 3 “missing” Gunners in there? This also goes for other units and I don´t get the system behind that.

I also bought a unit for Kreds/Gems, and I only got ONE unit without the possibility to add additional ones with the “Ward” option, how can I increase the amount? I actually thought that I would buy the option to use this unit in general, or do I really have to buy EVERY SINGLE UNIT OF THE SAME KIND in this example 6 times to be able to use it at its full potential?

It sounds very complicating, I hope you understand my problem and can help me.

Flag Post

Lunto, if you have 3/6 gunners, that means you only have 3 gunners to begin with.
The 6 is how many of them in your army you can have at the moment.
Do you have gunners in your Kingdom Immortal slot? By that I mean, if you remove the 3 gunners from your army, does the number of total gunners stay at 3? Because if that’s the case, that means you only have 3 total.
I think your other question has the same answer.
You need 6 units of whatever creature you bought, so if you bought them only one at a time, you wolud indeed need to buy 6 of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DavidB111:

Lunto, if you have 3/6 gunners, that means you only have 3 gunners to begin with.
The 6 is how many of them in your army you can have at the moment.
Do you have gunners in your Kingdom Immortal slot? By that I mean, if you remove the 3 gunners from your army, does the number of total gunners stay at 3? Because if that’s the case, that means you only have 3 total.
I think your other question has the same answer.
You need 6 units of whatever creature you bought, so if you bought them only one at a time, you wolud indeed need to buy 6 of them.

aaaaaah okay… but once i got 6 gunners and one of them dies, i will be able to revive it again right?

thanks for the quick help :)

Flag Post

Yes. That should work.

Flag Post

Is it bug? I have 0 stamina, go to pvp section, press start and it shows me the window proposing drinking some stamina vials. And still telling me when i put my mouse over the start the fight button that it needs noo stamina.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solsund:

It’s been assumed for a while that the player has to reach the Karakol Port and get the first of the PvP quests from there to unlock it but we’ve had someone in chat do just that and still not be able to use the PvP system. Is there a level requirement as well?

And if this is the case it would be a good idea to add a tooltip or something when hovering over the PvP button if you do not meet the requirements so people know.

In order to start PvP you need to be at least level 8. There is a tooltip for that if you hover your cursor over the PvP button if you’re not yet 8.

Originally posted by hedsar:

Is it bug? I have 0 stamina, go to pvp section, press start and it shows me the window proposing drinking some stamina vials. And still telling me when i put my mouse over the start the fight button that it needs noo stamina.

Not a bug. PvP requires 1 stamina.

Flag Post

I have a question about fighting balance in the game. How balanced is it, I mean, I just got horribly murdered because the AI almost literally Zerg Rushed me and killed everyone with their Sea Wolf hordes. There were only 15 total but still. Their Vagabonds didn’t really do much, and the swordsman was like the Sea Wolf Horde.

I got the message that the enemy troops were rewarded. And then after that, they seemed to get archers to mix up with their vagabonds. That seems a bit odd to make the enemy stronger when you lose.

I’m mostly curious if the game does actually make enemies stronger when you lose.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to weaken them down, so the player can eventually beat them, and feel a sense of accomplishment?

If they got a horde of Sea Wolfs then you counter them with defenders like Vagabond, Swordsman, Zombies or Battle Mages like Royal Thorn. Always check your enemy types before fighting them so you can adjust your army to counter them or else, you risk losing gold to replace your army. Countering Sea Wolf with your own Sea Wolf is not always recommended because they outnumber yours.

As for enemy troops being rewarded I’m not sure if the game is actually punishing you. I lost to one army and the next time I tried to fight them again, they have a totally different army composition. At first they have swordsman. When I fight them again, their swordsman is replaced by vagabonds, I didn’t even kill their swordsman in my first try. I assume that everytime you win/lose against a certain army, their next similar named army is completely randomized within certain theme (kingdom bandits, undead, spiders, beasts, etc). The message about enemy troops being rewarded possibly a bug carried from PvP result. I could be wrong though

Flag Post

What time zone is the in-game clock set at and when does the new day begin? When do gifts, spells, and wanted requests replenish?

Flag Post

This might seem a little pedantic, but why is “on” filtered in the ingame chat?

Flag Post

How do you increase the maximum number of units you can have? it’s costing me in PvP battles. I can’t figure it out… is it a level thing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by littlec7821:

How do you increase the maximum number of units you can have? it’s costing me in PvP battles. I can’t figure it out… is it a level thing?

Littlec, in PVP everyone is adjusted to the same BASE leadership.
after that, items come into play. you will notice that some items give leadership. Does this answer your Q?

Flag Post

No, I’m just saying HOW can you increase the maximum number of units??

Flag Post

Thank you, Tratos.
I feel kind of stupid now not running towards them with a lot of defender units to counter them. :)
Really enjoying this game.

Flag Post

Not sure if it’s a bug so i’ll ask first. Wanted friend list now appears empty after i did a previous wanted quest and triggered the option to “invite all”. I assumed they weren’t showing anymore since you could only use ur friends once per day for the wanted quests, like it happens with the spells. Problem is, 24h have passed, quests reseted and i still can’t see any friends in the Wanted list, meaning unless i spend kreds, i won’t be able to do them.

I do have a lot of friends, added a lot of people when i joined this game, can’t see them all, but i believe it’s a known bug or feature.

Is the Wanted list supposed to refresh daily? Or am i bugged?

TIA.

Flag Post
Originally posted by littlec7821:

No, I’m just saying HOW can you increase the maximum number of units??

Level up, just level up. You see, everytime you level up your leadership increases. Leadership affects the number of units you may bring to battle for each unit slot.

Let’s say you have 500 leadership. Peasants cost 1 leadership each, archers cost 5. You may bring 500 peasants AND 100 archers. So virtually your total leadership is (base leadership x number of unit panels). In this example its 500 × 5 = 2500.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sonic6676:

Is there any way to gain free gems, other than using kreds?

And do you have any advice for making a game? I’m developing a RPG currently, and It’s really frustrating when I start working on storyline, etc :P.

Currently we’re considering the implementation of this feature.
We can advise you to put yourself in the place of players. What would you find cool and what would you dislike if you were a player?) Try to think about that.
There are lots of awesome RPG games (there’s even no need to enumerate them)). Study them, cause they may be a good source of inspiration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solsund:

One needs to reach level 8 before s/he will be able to start taking part in PvP battles. The second restriction is that if you desert from a rating battle, the next battle will be available only in 10 minutes.
When you point the cursor at the PvP button, a tooltip saying that you haven’t reached level 8 is supposed to appear.

Flag Post

’m mostly curious if the game does actually make enemies stronger when you lose.

Don’t worry, the enemy armies do not get stronger when you lose) However their composition may change. The message saying that the enemy troops were rewarded doesn’t actually mean that their strength has been increased.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tratos:

If they got a horde of Sea Wolfs then you counter them with defenders like Vagabond, Swordsman, Zombies or Battle Mages like Royal Thorn. Always check your enemy types before fighting them so you can adjust your army to counter them or else, you risk losing gold to replace your army. Countering Sea Wolf with your own Sea Wolf is not always recommended because they outnumber yours.

As for enemy troops being rewarded I’m not sure if the game is actually punishing you. I lost to one army and the next time I tried to fight them again, they have a totally different army composition. At first they have swordsman. When I fight them again, their swordsman is replaced by vagabonds, I didn’t even kill their swordsman in my first try. I assume that everytime you win/lose against a certain army, their next similar named army is completely randomized within certain theme (kingdom bandits, undead, spiders, beasts, etc). The message about enemy troops being rewarded possibly a bug carried from PvP result. I could be wrong though

You’re absolutely right!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Magician:

This might seem a little pedantic, but why is “on” filtered in the ingame chat?

There are still some problems with the in-game chat filter. But we’re working on making it work better. Sorry for that(

Flag Post
Originally posted by hugonaty:

What time zone is the in-game clock set at and when does the new day begin? When do gifts, spells, and wanted requests replenish?

The in-game clock is set in UTC +4.

Flag Post
Originally posted by injet8:

Not sure if it’s a bug so i’ll ask first. Wanted friend list now appears empty after i did a previous wanted quest and triggered the option to “invite all”. I assumed they weren’t showing anymore since you could only use ur friends once per day for the wanted quests, like it happens with the spells. Problem is, 24h have passed, quests reseted and i still can’t see any friends in the Wanted list, meaning unless i spend kreds, i won’t be able to do them.

I do have a lot of friends, added a lot of people when i joined this game, can’t see them all, but i believe it’s a known bug or feature.

Is the Wanted list supposed to refresh daily? Or am i bugged?

TIA.

Did you you defeat all the “Wanted” armies? The thing is that unless you defeat them, the friends you’ve invited will not be shown in the list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tratos:

Close. The army composition is semi-randomly chosen from available units for that specific fight, so not the entire race. I do believe enemy army compositions are always of a single race, never mixed. (So far anyway.) I’ve had fights that had the unit options of zombies, ghosts, demonologists, necro’s and alchemists turn up with only zombies and ghosts. However, i’ve also noticed that for some fights some units seem to be fixed. (Always at least a stack no matter the randomization.) The army compositions are refreshed every few minutes, but do not actually apply to you untill you re-visit that location. (Either by starting a different battle, moving between locations or reloading the entire game.)
Hope this helps you defeat particularily nasty armies easier :)