Gold Reward / troops price

25 posts

Flag Post

As the game goes on gold become a big issue. At lvl 20, fighting same lvl stuff, i lose over 1k gold each fight after buying back my troops. And that’s for a good fight where i only lose 1/3 of my troops. That’s with the 50% more gold buff on aswell.

It’s even worst in pvp when you get constantly wiped out by Russian ppl from facebook that spam max out spell on you, which happen over 90% of the time.

Either the gold reward after the battle need to be up or the price of troops lowered. At the rate i’m going atm i’ll soon have to go on patrol for a week or so just to be able to fight for a day or two.

Flag Post

Most of those Russians are the people that can clear KB:AP with 0 lossess on impossible. Maybe there is something wrong with your strat, you really shouldn’t be losing 33% of your army every pve fight.

Flag Post

I can clear KB:AP with 0 losses on impossible. I however for the life of me cannot manage anything even remotely close in this even if I were to spend kreds like a madman. Don’t be so quick to judge.
I can’t really comment on the gold issue yet as i’m not that far in but I can imagine it will go that way as i’m slightly starting to feel the same effects as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tloseigi:

As the game goes on gold become a big issue. At lvl 20, fighting same lvl stuff, i lose over 1k gold each fight after buying back my troops. And that’s for a good fight where i only lose 1/3 of my troops. That’s with the 50% more gold buff on aswell.

It’s even worst in pvp when you get constantly wiped out by Russian ppl from facebook that spam max out spell on you, which happen over 90% of the time.

Either the gold reward after the battle need to be up or the price of troops lowered. At the rate i’m going atm i’ll soon have to go on patrol for a week or so just to be able to fight for a day or two.

As we previously said, we’d advise you to think over your strategy, choose the units for the battle wisely (did you notice the diagram of classes in the Army Managemnt menu?). Each type of units has advantage over another, so if you use these advantages and prepare the right set of units for the battle, you’ll not suffer great losses. Please also note that your friends may send you gifts with gold, spells and stamina potions and if you’ve got a lot of friends playing the game, you’ll have enough gold for buying and resurrecting units. You can farm some gold if you fight weaker armies and take part in friendly PvP battles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Antigaprime:

I can clear KB:AP with 0 losses on impossible. I however for the life of me cannot manage anything even remotely close in this even if I were to spend kreds like a madman. Don’t be so quick to judge.
I can’t really comment on the gold issue yet as i’m not that far in but I can imagine it will go that way as i’m slightly starting to feel the same effects as well.

In King’s Bounty: Legions everything depends on your strategy and the decisions you make, cause it’s a strategy game!)
In our previous reply to tloseigi’s post we gave some pieces of advice regarding the ways of earning gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NivalPublishing:
Originally posted by tloseigi:

As we previously said, we’d advise you to think over your strategy, choose the units for the battle wisely (did you notice the diagram of classes in the Army Managemnt menu?). Each type of units has advantage over another, so if you use these advantages and prepare the right set of units for the battle, you’ll not suffer great losses. Please also note that your friends may send you gifts with gold, spells and stamina potions and if you’ve got a lot of friends playing the game, you’ll have enough gold for buying and resurrecting units. You can farm some gold if you fight weaker armies and take part in friendly PvP battles.

I don’t think it’s possible for you to be any more condescending in this reply.

Also have you considered that people don’t like adding random people as friends on the game just to beat certain things? It’s annoying as all hell.

Flag Post

Thank you so much for your comments MrWiggles49.
Why not play with friends that are already in your friendlist?) Why not play with people that you know?
If do not wish, you don’t have to add friends.
You can always play without adding them.
However it’s a social strategy and it provides more game opportunities and advantages to those who play together with their friends.

Flag Post

friendly pvp battles add gold? and dun cost u troops? friendly battles as in asking a friend for a fight or is it something else?

Also i’m only lv 15 right now but since i strated picking troops individually for each fight my looses went waay down. So it may be the key for earning enough gold later. Other than the inquisitors of course, which with the right tactics can make u come out of most PvE battles without any casualities.

Flag Post

I guess NivalPublishing has a point, it is a strategy game. The thing is though, when you advance in the game, it gets harder to maintain your gold and units because you probably have high leadership. For example, Brontaurs are 130 gold, 130×15=1,950. Then you have to replenish other units, so you spend like 4,000-5,000 gold for one battle. So you are actually losing money, unless, the battle helped you complete a quest. . .hope you can respond

-Gogo

Flag Post

Go back a few maps and grind some easy levels. This will give you troops as well as gold.
(Isn’t that how RPGs are supposed to be played?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Doreus:

friendly pvp battles add gold? and dun cost u troops? friendly battles as in asking a friend for a fight or is it something else?

Also i’m only lv 15 right now but since i strated picking troops individually for each fight my looses went waay down. So it may be the key for earning enough gold later. Other than the inquisitors of course, which with the right tactics can make u come out of most PvE battles without any casualities.

Yes, you’re right! (point the cursor at your friend’s picture and select “start a battle” from the pop-up menu). That’s what a friendly PvP battle is)
Yea, when you get enough Inquisitors, you’ll come out of most PvE battles without any losses)

Flag Post
Originally posted by addytorials:

Go back a few maps and grind some easy levels. This will give you troops as well as gold.

Totally agree!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gogo1267896:

I guess NivalPublishing has a point, it is a strategy game. The thing is though, when you advance in the game, it gets harder to maintain your gold and units because you probably have high leadership. For example, Brontaurs are 130 gold, 130×15=1,950. Then you have to replenish other units, so you spend like 4,000-5,000 gold for one battle. So you are actually losing money, unless, the battle helped you complete a quest. . .hope you can respond

-Gogo

Addytorials gave a good piece of advice. You can grind some weak armies to get the gold that you may use to replenish your troops.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NivalPublishing:
Originally posted by addytorials:

Totally agree!

Totally disagree. Grinding is not how RPG’s are supposed to be played. It’s certain MMO’s that have developed this premise and therefore has become widely accepted. Grinding at it’s core isn’t fun, it’s a massive waste of time. The people that have too much time obviously don’t mind as much, but these are more often than not children without an income. Luckily some developers realize this is not ideal, like Star Wars: The old Republic allows you to easily reach max lvl without grinding, and any but the most brutal SP games are done without grinding. A good player in for example King’s Bounty: The Legend has zero need for it. Considering this is completely based on KB, and at it’s roots a SP game with an added PVP function, I find the grind part unacceptable.
In addition the grinding being made available for you in this is pathethic. Almost everything scales with level, making only the most fruitless battles available to you. And without quest rewards it’s an extremely slow grind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thebadgefarm:

Maybe there is something wrong with your strat, you really shouldn’t be losing 33% of your army every pve fight.

I didn’t lose that on every pve fight… that’s on everything “even matched” and up.

Anyway i got inquisitor now so i dont lose anything at all on anything “even matched” and below. Though it’s kinda sad that inquisitor is a must for pve and now that i’m 27 i cant even bring a full stack with me anymore and there’s no way to get more atm.

As for pvp, a lost bring you a serious repair bill. Especially when you get wipe out by a much stronger opponent and hadn’t the chance to do much damage at all. I would suggest reducing pvp troops lost to 1/10 or something.

Flag Post

I’m starting to feel these effects as well. I use, what I can imagine as, a good army setup.
Arch-Mage, good damage and buff/debuff.
Ancient Serpent for decent move range(Good for getting to ranged quickly.) and poison for the ‘afterburn’.
Brontaur for good HP and damage(I think the Armour is pretty good too), although the unit size isn’t too big, I don’t know if it increases per upgrade, or levels.
Eyebeast for the sleep effect(I might change it, but he’s the only spellcaster I have)
Pilgrim, because despite being a starter unit, he’s actually really good v.i.a damage and he heals.

This is a decent setup, with some changes based on the enemies I’m up against(Haven’t much use for ranged unit type because the spellcaster/healer units are either weak and not worth going for or there just aren’t any) but I still lose a few units here a there. Of course, not a lot. 3 or 4 at most, but it’s surprising that I’d lose any at all, most of the battles I fought were weaker, but when I recently played a evenly matched battle, I got hit pretty hard.

Flag Post

This game, now that I am level 11 is starting to be a bit harder. But still enjoyable.

I’m glad I can use my King’s bounty: Crossroads strategy of having one warrior/two maybe and the rest mages and archers to my advantage. Maybe I’m lucky.
I’m also glad they didn’t add in the black dragons as part of an enemy army. They were a bit hard.
As for gold, I may only have 18,000, but the quest rewards give me quite a bit of money each time. Maybe I’m sorta lucky? I would have probably 45,000 if I didn’t use a lot of gold to upgrade units.

As for my experience in King’s Bounty: Crossworlds, my experience with it isn’t as good as some people, I lost all my money once on Normal difficulty, so I went back down to Easy, and actually was able to play the game then.
Beating it on Impossible for me, is literally impossible, and I have tremendous respect for anyone amazing enough to beat it on Impossible.

As for Grinding, I’ve been doing that in games since I played the original Final Fantasy on the NES, over 20 years ago, so it doesn’t bother me that much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DavidB111:

This game, now that I am level 11 is starting to be a bit harder. But still enjoyable.

I’m glad I can use my King’s bounty: Crossroads strategy of having one warrior/two maybe and the rest mages and archers to my advantage. Maybe I’m lucky.
I’m also glad they didn’t add in the black dragons as part of an enemy army. They were a bit hard.
As for gold, I may only have 18,000, but the quest rewards give me quite a bit of money each time. Maybe I’m sorta lucky? I would have probably 45,000 if I didn’t use a lot of gold to upgrade units.

As for my experience in King’s Bounty: Crossworlds, my experience with it isn’t as good as some people, I lost all my money once on Normal difficulty, so I went back down to Easy, and actually was able to play the game then.
Beating it on Impossible for me, is literally impossible, and I have tremendous respect for anyone amazing enough to beat it on Impossible.

As for Grinding, I’ve been doing that in games since I played the original Final Fantasy on the NES, over 20 years ago, so it doesn’t bother me that much.

I agree with just about everything you have said and I hope no one misunderstood me. I’m not complaining, I’m just explainging my experiences. I DO expect to lose units, just when it’s a ‘weaker’ battle, I don’t expect to lose a lot, especially if I go to an equal battle.

Flag Post

Thank you, UndeadNecro.

I do expect to lose units a lot. That’s why I have my sea Dogs, or any immortal melee/protector unit usually as the front guard. The AI swarms them, and my archers/mages usually pick apart the AI.
At least Sea Dogs make good cannon fodder. They have fair health, and can tank well.
I do hate it when I lose archers, but they are very cheap to replace. :)

Flag Post

I started this last Friday, and with Warrior’s Aura got to level 23 by Sunday. Since Monday I have been grinding Eastern Fort’s level 14 Road Ramblers or whatever for ~1.8k gold + 10 vagabonds and very minimal if any losses (I use all ranged units and since I’m 9 levels ahead, can kill everything before they get to me.) I’ve grinded over 100k and have spent it all on upgrades… will continue to do so until I have a lot of troops, leveled troops, and leveled all the important spells. :)

So yeah, gold has become an issue, and this is my way of dealing with it.

Flag Post

Guys, use your brains to suffer less losses from each battle. Protecting ranged units + defenders to soak damage + some eventual warriors to break through enemy’s defense and kill some rangeds and mess up his formation. I started the game 3 days ago and I’m loving it. Very challenging, stunning graphics and an intelligent player interaction system.
I’m just lv. 17 so I cannot say about harder levels yet. Gold for me is not a problem, for now.

Flag Post

Uhhh… what is KB:AP? Also, where are the wanted quests to get inquisitors?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dr0x:

Also, where are the wanted quests to get inquisitors?

I have only 2 town left to explore and haven’t seen any wanted that give inquisitor yet.

Flag Post

So the only way to get inquisitors is to buy them?

Flag Post

Been playing for 2 days, on level 15th atm and havent had much problems so far, even with somewhat stronger groups. I too can beet Kings Bounty Legend and AP on impossible with 0 losses. Ive been playing mostly with the units I got so far, I did buy 2 batches of bronto-whatever units as theyre really good tanks and easily accessible. I love fire spiders, but I dont have a full stack anymore (12/15) :(.

So far Im really enjoying it, I do wish gameplay was little faster, or at least had an option for it.

I do however hate the fact that the game will probably require something to be bought with real cash in order for it to stay interesting. And I have no problems spending some cash on a game i like. Developer gotta eat too, but I think these prices are a bit expensive in the long run.