Post Patch Gameplay/Concerns - Possible Improvements

23 posts

Flag Post

Hello Kbl Community and Nival Publishing,

First of all thanks to the person who spent some time in the Kongregate Chat with us answering questions and clarifying topic’s of concern.

Post patch the community felt to a degree abandoned, as some gameplay changes have been quite drastically and we were not/are not sure in which direction this game was going to head. Instead of creating another Hate/Rage Thread, I thought this might be a good spot for everyone to put his/her thoughts into words. Well here are a couple of mine.

1. Stamina

Last update we experienced “some adjustments” in stamina, which revealed as a plain overall increase in stamina cost.
I was upset, but a couple of days back I noticed that the crafting costs on vials and dews got reduced drastically, which makes up partly for that change and encourages to craft.
In my opinion more adjustments are still necessary, as crafting just helps you in PVE environment, as PVP offers no material gain, despite chevrons. Ressurecting the whole army after an loss costs now 18 instead of 11 stamina, thats in increase of almost 70%

2. Mortals – Immortal- Legendary

Nowadays, commons and specials, I am just interested what are your thoughts behind that new system. I am not saying it is bad per se, but as User I just do not see any advantage.

The disadvantages are : No more unit farming from wanteds, stamina and goldintense reviving, Very Very high initial costs of gaining a full stack of Units. (at my lvl I need approximately 600 000 to get one full stack of young fairies)

System is fine, adjutments are necessary.

3. Meldal Rewards

We were promised that those are going to be reintroduced. Well I think thats important for the diversity you see in the Player vs Player environment. Would be boring just to face Paladins and Assasins i guess.

And “working” towards this achievement of getting all medals is a nice spur, making that progress more interesting and rewarding.

4. Patch notes

No offense, but the patch notes given to us are plain horrible. More detailed ones would be highly appreciated.

Well thats just my two cents for now, fellow gamers feel free to add anything on your mind.

Regards

Flag Post

I was thinking about starting a new thread about the new gameplay as well, pretty much in the same vein that Maxoe just started. So here I come.

1. Stamina

The stamina costs all around is too high. It’s pretty much impossible to do anything worthwhile if you don’t have stam vials around. Also, you just made them much less useful overall due to the costs skyrocketing all around. Getting a friend stam vial in a gift was allowing you to raise an immortal stack from the Ward. Not anymore.

Solution : I heard from new players that regular battles have a cost of 3 initially, and that quest battles are at 5 and Wanted at 7. Maybe that should be the norm for any level.

Ward raising should be much cheaper in terms of stamina. I don’t understand why you adjusted the raising costs Up by one stamina for immortals and legendaries. That is not helping anything except slow down the game. There is already a new mechanic that slows down the game, but more on that later.

Moving across the map. Now the initial cost is always 2 units of stamina, wherever you go. That’s another tax on the players. Which combined with my next point, is just painful.

2. Regular Battles on timer

Why would you impose large timers on the regular battles? Is it to slow down the game in terms of medal completion? If so you are not in the right direction ! Regular battles are the bread and butter of any lev 30+ that starts farming rare materials. Those battles need to be accessible all the time, not once every 2 hours (like in Ancient Temple) !!!

Solution : make it so that only the quest battles count towards the medals. That way you can still battle all your stamina on regular battles (aka farming) without being frustrated on timer and having to move around at the cost of 2 stamina minimum !!! You would also need to tone down the number of fights required for medals, since only quest battles would give pts towards that goal.

3. Global medal rewards

I heard from a dev. in Kongregate chat that a new reward for completing all the medals is upcoming in the next patch. Great.

4. Buy (with gems) button

Ok, seriously, this needs to be said : the button is REALLY BIG and right in the bottom right corner where a “ok” button is usually. This is, with the fact that NO confirmation pop-up window exists, JUST PLAIN WRONG. I did missclick at least once. Many did. Wasting precious gems on something we don’t even need !!! Now, reworking the interface is one thing that is difficult to ask (considering the time involved), but incorporating a pop-up confirmation window IS A MUST.

5. Global prices in gems

A lot of things do not make sense when you start looking at gem prices. For starter, and everyone that ever looked at the legendaries, the prices do not follow the leadership cost of the units ! The only exception is the dragon, which is correctly price tagged at 67 gems, when comparing to 210 ish leadership legendaries at 37 ish gems. For the old ones, you need to check your prices, it doesn’t make any sense. I will direct you to an excellent post by Solsund that evened out your prices based on the median of the prices.

here

Next thing that springs to mind : Gem costs for raising troops in the Ward (instead of spending stamina). Do the math, this is way off by a factor of 20 ! You can buy vials of stamina for a couple of gems, then use that stamina for raising troops, and you are making a HUGE profit in gems and stamina. That button should be fixed to reflect the correct gems-to-stamina-to raising troops shortcut, or simply cease to exist.

Gems for cash… the money treasure items you can buy for gems are a joke. Even if multiplied by a factor of 10, i.e. 1 million gold for 699 gems, NOBODY would buy them. You need a factor of 20 OR MORE on that.

6. Patrols

The way the gold cost have raised all around, patrols rewards are a joke. This needs to be increased by a factor of 5 at least. Otherwise, patrolling is not worth anything. Saying otherwise is like arguing that picking up pennies in the street is worth it cause it’s free money.

Also, patrol fights are way too hard. I NEVER win more than 50% of the patrol fights. Is that intended? I mean I use all lev 5 troops, with good balance in unit types, for patrols, and the success rate I still awefully low. Why is that? with the gold reward they yield it doesn’t matter AT ALL I guess…

7. Spells

Ok, I understand gutting Chain lightning and fireball from shops. 1000 gold for CL was a joke. Everyone used it all the time. It made pve easy as cake. Now that we can’t use it freely, pve has become much harder. And the new players that will reach lev 20 + will have a really hard time completing the game. That, in itself is a nice slow down on game progress speed.

For crafting though, I would even go further than what you did in the last patch. I would either increase the number of spell scrolls created to 10, or lower the rare mat required for CL and raise down to 1 Sorcerer seal or 1 sand of time each.

that’s all for now. And sorry i cut the “solution” sections in later points. I got carried away.

Gamon666

Flag Post

lemme add something….

8 CRAFTING crafting IS way too hard…even if i hit all battles with assasins i can find with sins each day i get 1 transformation elixir per week or so………. and i need 10 for a sword…you kidding??this one needs changing

solution: CHANGE OR LOWER the transformation elixirs needed…..make them easier to find(or even make with friends or something) or get them halved ….

ps… i used transformation elixir as an example…everything else is in gamon’s post

Flag Post

thanks maxoe, gamon and iridanou, thats a nice feature list and i agree on all of them, let me add one more:

9 PVP fights
please implement the leagues in pvp how they intended to be and how actually the game description is. If you are in a platinum league, you are able to fight only vs. platinum opponents. Right now you can meet people from every league in pvp, at least it is proven between kongregate players. That would remove all the unnecessary “fleed” fights from lvl 33 cracks. Otherwise the 10min penalty is way to long.

Flag Post

10. Inquisitors

I heard in the wind that you are thinking about giving Inquisitors charges on the raise ability. Let me show you how this is a very slippery slope.

Before the enormous update patch, the main complain wasn’t about spells being too cheap, or about the crafting, or even the availlability of legendary units through Wanted. THe one comment that was unanimous was that Inquisitors were a must in pve, but were boring as hell. Needing to raise troops for 30 rounds after a so-so match is not fun. Many were wondering the direction that would be taken to change that big problem ; boredom in a game isn’t exactly winner.

What did the patch change? It made it so that Chain lightning isn’t as easy to come by. So no more openning fights in pve with it. Makes all battles much harder. In consequence, the raising rounds at the end increased ! MORE boring rounds of hitting space bar.

Now to make matter worst, resurecting common immortals now costs stamina. And the overall increase for special and legendary immortals makes this even worst ! Now you don’t have the luxury to raise minimal amount of troops. THe Ward cost for the units are just too high. If you want to continue playing you MUST raise your units in-combat. Hence boring raising rounds.

Overall the patch made the worst problem people had with the game even worst.

Solution : I understand the charges on Inqs. It puts a hard limit on the boring side of the game that gamer fell compelled to do in order to be efficient. But that must be coupled with reduced stamina cost for raising. bring back the 3 for special immortals and 5 for legendaries !!!! and make the common immortals stamina-free to raise. We will still be paying the gold cost anyway.

Now, for the number of charges on the Inquisitors raise. 3 seems like a minimum to keep the utility of the unit in pvp. Most fights are over within 8 rounds anyway. As for pve, thats a tough one. I’d say 5 charges would be a nice balance. You would reach round 20 in most battles with that scheme, and that feels about right.

Gamon666

Flag Post

10 – inqs: Modifications to this unit after the patch is a problem for me because:
a) Old players have lots
b) Its difficult for new players to get many without a LOT of gems or a lot of PVP victories

So:
1) Nerfing the Inq means new players have a slow and unenjoyable time playing
2) Inqs that are not Nerfed mean old players have a huge advantage

Therefore either, nerf the inq and make it much more available, or make sure it is worth while as a rare attained Special unit (of course this favours more pre-patch players)

Flag Post

— Pricing leading to Frustration in form of missclicks

Gamon already mentionen the weird pricing, which is not logical at all. Apart from that I would suggest to Remove a couple of gem options, I am try to show you why on following examples.

1. Craft Material: Spending accidentally 5 gems for a magic powder just generates rage, as its an easily aquirable item the " buy option" just encourages missclicking.

Please remove gem options for common and uncommon materials, and I would recommend to lower the prices for rare mats to about 5 gems per piece. That is still very expensive, and few players will use it, but its somewhat viable. Paying almost 20 gems for a rare material is in my opinion rediculous and feels more like a “trap” for wasting gems.

2. Ward ressurection: Please remove the Gem Option here as well, happened to me and other players to “waste” gems on reviving your units. I mean pressing the button for griffons costed me like over 30 gems once, that is not fun, because I would rather have bought an aura with those gems. And I am saying that as a Player who actually has supported the game with money.

3. Royal shop: Here I “lost” around 80 gems as well, accidentally clicken on a beast guard once, which I absolute did not need, and another 19 for an aura, which I wanted to keep for the next contest. But instead of asking me, as I was used to, If I want to activate it right away or later, it just popped up. Guess what, it was a tuesday and no contest going on.

Just some gem related frustration I and I am sure plenty of other players experienced.

Regards

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Revisiting Stamina cost and timer on battles

Sergey2p came in chat yesterday and we talked about the stamina cost for travelling along with the intent on cooldown timers on regular battles since the patch.

Somebody proposed to put a limit in stamina cost on travel. Maybe at 5.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

I think you should remove the travelling cost in stamina altogether. Why? Hear me out :

People pay Stamina to fight, and then spend another batch of stamina to raise units. And this amount will most likely go up in the following patch if inquisitors cannot raise the entire army in battle anymore.

Then the battles at the node are on a timer. Which can be as high as 2h in Ancient temple. So you need to move out, to, say, Scouts Camp. But that costs another 2 stamina. Overall, and Sergey2p said so, you guys want to avoid farming, and encourage people to travel the map. The best way to do that is to eliminate the stamina cost of travelling altogether. We don`t need that anymore with the timers on battles (necessity to travel), and Ward cost in stamina + increased battle stamina cost overall.

It was also discussed that the timer might be reduced. I HIGHLY approve this. 30 minutes is a good point i believe. It prevents farming non-stop, makes people travel (if free) to other battles they wish to do for rare mats (or quests for spell drops), and after 3-4 battles you can go back to the original one. At that point you are out of stamina anyway ;)

Gamon666

Flag Post

love is the soul of a game

not restrain

everytime please do not think your customers are skinflints.

dear DEVs, the game you made is great and others can not build.

the rest of just is the business concept.

love and happy and business

sorry for my poor ENG ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gamon666:

Somebody proposed to put a limit in stamina cost on travel. Maybe at 5.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

Me? >.>

They wont remove the stamina cost for traveling, you can be sure of that.

Imho, a max of 5 staminas is fine (the same amount a vial of life can give you), as long as they make some changes along the way, like you said, sometimes to travel to a close town it costs 2 staminas, this must be changed, it should be only 1 stamina for every traveling from town to town(close towns, with no other town in between), no more than that.

Other changes should go also along, imo, 1 stamina to resurrect mortal/common units, 3 staminas to resurrect immortal/special units and 5 staminas to resurrect legendary units, no need more than that.

The reduce of stamina to fight as well, normal battles should be 3 staminas, quest and side quest battles should be 5 staminas and wanted battles should have a minimal of 5 staminas and a max of 10 staminas, WITH A GUARANTEED DROP CHANCE OF A LEGENDARY UNIT!

It’s just not fun to waste 10 wanted requests and 10 staminas to get just a Sea Wolf from a False Inquisition wanted.

The cooldown for normal battles should also be changed(or removed), to a max. of 20 min., there is no need to have a normal battle with a cooldown of 2 hours!

-No Stress.

Flag Post

11. Auras

What is the point of the leadership aura at this point? Sure, it is needed for pvp contests where fleeing pretty much kills your chances to get a prize, but outside the 3 days pvp events, what is the use of the aura?

1- Most (and all relevent) battles scale with your global leadership. Not your base; your global. So popping an aura at level 32 means that instead of facing, for example, a lev 30-31 Steel Warriors in Western Fort, i fight a lev 33-34 battle !!! Now this would be all nice and good if the ennemy army was, like mine, composed of 2 mortals 2 specials and 1 legendary. But it is not, it often fields mostly legendaries in the end-game (hello squad of murderers in Ancient temple), so a boost across the board for this kind of fight means I am realy just making it harder for myself by popping an aura in pve. Doesn’t make much sense now does it?

2- PvP – If you pop an aura in pvp outside the contests penalizing runners, all it gives you is insta-flee victories. Period. No one stands a chance against aura users if not using them themselves. So they flee.

Solutions Well for pve its obvious, make it so the aura is NOT counted in the ennemy army level. It should be base leadership that counts (or level if you prefer), not paid for boni.

For PvP its also obvious, but its a little tricky to implement.

First, and this is independant of the idea given below for aura users, you need to implement a checkbox at the start of pvp fights. Right now, with connection problems, someone forgetting to click-off the flying camera, etc, the first player can sometimes have less than 1/3 of a timer to choose to fight or not, then plan his strategy, THEN do his move. Thats too much.

A pop-up window would be nice. Something that covers the lower part of the screen (friends spells etc) but lets you inspect the forces present for you and the ennemy. THe window in the bottom should indicate if the heroes are on aura for example. And you have the option to click fight or flee. Both click fight? fine, match begins. But you dont have to sit and get hammered by high init ranged units eventhough you wanted to flee from the get go.

Where it gets tricky is this : If you click flee (because ennemy is on aura), he should then be offered to actually fight you without aura. Downgrade himself to actually have a fight and not runners all day. But for that I presume you need to check the feasability of adjusting the stacks, eventhough the battle is already loaded and such.

What id like to see in this pop-up window is thus : ennemy troop levels, leadership aura, and three buttons : Fight, fair-fight offer, flee. Fight and flee speak for themselves, and fair-fight would be the above mentionned mechanics where you manifest you will flee if opponent doesnt downgrade his stacks to non-aura level. If he complies, then you can’t flee and must fight.

12- Side superiority

Is it me or does the left side have a huge advantage? I read on some of you older forums that the left side is always advantaged in initiative. In pratice, i found that 9 times out of 10 the left side units with equal initiative will go first. This is a huge bonus. Please look into this to have more equal chances.

Gamon666

Flag Post

These are some really good suggestions

Flag Post

I ll just say something about stamina and plz guys dont beat me too hard, it is based on my personal experience.

I dont think that the new stamina cost for battles is too much, especially for higher level players.

For lower level players that have less max stamina it may be a problem. Another reason is that battles dont last long when you are low level. So it may be an issue there. But for me, at lvl 32, it rarely is. It used to be “stamina is never an issue” before. Now it is “stamina is an issue sometimes, but not because of the cost of the battles”.
You can look at this this way: wanted battles cost 10 stamina but those are battles that scale with your level, which means that they take some time to finish them, it is not possible to do it fast in 2 minutes. Not that i would mind if the cost was lowered back to 5, or 7 or 8, but still, i dont think the new and increased stamina cost of battles is a serious problem.

More problematic is the increased cost of things that dont take time to do: resurrecting your fallen units and walking around the map takes only a few seconds but they may cost great amounts of stamina. Now those costs should be definitely be lowered. Legendaries cost should go back to 5, or maybe even less -we are paying gold anyway, why use 2 resources?, special immortal back to 3 tops and common mortal stamina cost for raising should be zero. This is important especially for new players. It doesnt really matter for most vets. I have 700 druids. Even if all my 64 die, i dont have to spent stamina to res them. But for new players this will help them play more and better. Traveling cost should be lowered and capped – if not removed. The way it is now, people are demotivated from moving around the map. I know that i prefer to stay where i am and do a battle that is not of real interest than spent stamina to go elsewhere and do a more interesting and useful battle.

Flag Post

I’d like to echo vavusikarios.
General stam costs to start the battles don’t really seem too bad, so long as you don’t need to res ‘everything’, including mortals, after every match. In which case that’s way too much stamina per battle.
If you don’t have spare units, which newer players won’t have, after a combat you could be looking at 2 + 2 stam (2 must have mortal stacks), and 4 + 4 + 4 for immortals (lets assume they don’t have legendaries), that’s 16 stamina just in res’s. The battle itself was something like, 7, so, that’s 23 stamina from that rough scenario.

Ouch.
Mortal’s should be free to res (free stamina wise, the gold is alright), others could stand to be cheaper in stamina.

Also totally agreeing, you just don’t feel compelled to move towns with the current costs. This may feel better if res’s were cheaper, but I doubt it. Popping timers on the regular battles is supposed to make people move, but it doesn’t really work. I know for myself it just makes me chat, or play another game, or go on patrol.

Flag Post

13 – Facing

Now this is not an issue with the game per se, its more of a recommandation.

There is already a mechanics for ranged units being forced to melee. A good upgrade to that, that would had alot of tactical options, would be to add facing bonus/penalties.

If a unit attacks an adjacent hex, he is stuck in that position until he retaliates to an attack. Ranged attacks are resolved in a similar fashion, the unit ends up facing the hex which represents the the more accuratly the fired direction.

Now it would be nice to implement a small dmg bonus when attacking an enemy from behind. Nothing too much, but a little bonus. For example:

Attacking a unit heads on, from the hex the unit is facing, could inccur a small penalty to attack dmg, like 5%. the two hexes that represent the front sides could be attacks at no penalty/no bonus, while the two hexes representing the back flanks could grant a bonus of 5% to attack, and the hex in the back could be 10% bonus to attack.

That would add to the tactical aspect of the game, while not being overly penalizing to someone new that didnt grasp the mechanic yet. Pretty much like dmg types are in the beginning :

The first considerations in tactical play is often the unit type bonus which you try to maximize.

Then, second, you begin to maximize unit placement to block melee, gang up on a particular unit to limit the retaliation attacks, pressure on the range units to have 33% retaliation attack penalty, etc.

Then, third, comes the dmg types. You learn to attack with particular units that have alchemical or magical dmg on units that you know have low resistances in those, for example.

Id like to see a fourth layer, where players while keeping in mind the aformentionned 3 pts, also try to outflank units to gain those small boni and avoid upfront penality.

Note that i propose straight up dmg bonus and penalties, while it could very well be implemented in effective attack and defense rating modifications, for different flavor.

Gamon666

Flag Post

There really really needs to be a prompt when you click to pay for something in game with gems. I just (and I know others have similar stories) clicked on the Res with gems buttons to res 5 knights for 16 gems.
I’ve lodged a support ticket, but it should never have had to happen. Prompt boxes are needed, Gems are too precious to accidentally spend like this.

In related things, gem prices to ressurect units are insane. The cost to ressurect seems to be whatever the cost to purchase 1 of them with gems is. So, ressurecting 1 Paladin with gems, costs 34. Buying 1 costs 34 gems.
Ressurecting with cash costs 6 stamina and 550 per paladin. 6 stamina is of little worth gem-wise, and you would need an amazing amount of paladin’s to be dead for 34 gems to seem worthwhile to raise them.
I can’t imagine anyone intentionally paying to res with gems as it is, only misclicks through it being right next to the button they meant to hit.

Flag Post

Regarding crafting.

1) I agree that there must be an option to destroy an item and get a percentage of the materials back. This should be applied to both normal and artful items. It is not necessary to make the percentage of materials returned for artful items higher. What I know for sure is that i already have an artful battle sword. If i get a second artful during my attempts for captains sword, it will be totally useless.

2) Another thing for the devs to consider is the fact that if a player tries to get an artful version of an item and she fails again and again, this can become demotivating and even depressing. You need a fail-safe device. Maybe an option to combine several non artful items of a type in order to create an artful version with 100% chance of success. Lets say i try for artful Knights boots. I have a 20% chance of getting them. I try 5 times and have only got non artful boots so far. I feel bad now. I feel cheated even, i may be considering stopping playing the game. Now give me the option to combine the 5 non artful items and make an artful version, and I will be perfectly content with the results of my grinding. Not happy, because i didnt get the item i wanted early, but i am ok. I am satisfied. My efforts are rewarded. I hope you see my reasoning, I believe that this will only help in engaging people more strongly in the game, improve their dedication.

3) Yeah, rare mats drop rate should go up. Together with the cooldown of the battles and the stamina cost of traveling, things are very tough right now.

Flag Post

@ vavu
I thing drop rate is just good enough, when rare mats would be everyvhere, all pls will have same uniq equipment. I thing it is good when we have always some goal we cant reach. and it is good for developers becose some pls may be buy resources for real money just to have that uniq items.

destroy items for materials is a good idea
It would be nice to have possibility to change materials for another (market) rare/rare common/common with some decent rate like 2:1
I would also allow trade chevrons, or find any other aplication for them. hi lvl pls have tons of chevrons (not officer) and no use for them

Flag Post

I would like to be able to split my stacks and use more than one stack of say archers like the computer does. Is there any reason that this cannot be put in the game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gamon666:

10. Inquisitors

I heard in the wind that you are thinking about giving Inquisitors charges on the raise ability. Let me show you how this is a very slippery slope.

Before the enormous update patch, the main complain wasn’t about spells being too cheap, or about the crafting, or even the availlability of legendary units through Wanted. THe one comment that was unanimous was that Inquisitors were a must in pve, but were boring as hell. Needing to raise troops for 30 rounds after a so-so match is not fun. Many were wondering the direction that would be taken to change that big problem ; boredom in a game isn’t exactly winner.

What did the patch change? It made it so that Chain lightning isn’t as easy to come by. So no more openning fights in pve with it. Makes all battles much harder. In consequence, the raising rounds at the end increased ! MORE boring rounds of hitting space bar.

Now to make matter worst, resurecting common immortals now costs stamina. And the overall increase for special and legendary immortals makes this even worst ! Now you don’t have the luxury to raise minimal amount of troops. THe Ward cost for the units are just too high. If you want to continue playing you MUST raise your units in-combat. Hence boring raising rounds.

Overall the patch made the worst problem people had with the game even worst.

Solution : I understand the charges on Inqs. It puts a hard limit on the boring side of the game that gamer fell compelled to do in order to be efficient. But that must be coupled with reduced stamina cost for raising. bring back the 3 for special immortals and 5 for legendaries !!!! and make the common immortals stamina-free to raise. We will still be paying the gold cost anyway.

Now, for the number of charges on the Inquisitors raise. 3 seems like a minimum to keep the utility of the unit in pvp. Most fights are over within 8 rounds anyway. As for pve, thats a tough one. I’d say 5 charges would be a nice balance. You would reach round 20 in most battles with that scheme, and that feels about right.

Gamon666

I agree with everything you say except of the conclusion. I think 20 rounds are way too many for a pve battle.
What we need in pve is this: when, after doing his best, the player manages to kill the last unit of the AI army, the inquisitors resurrection charges should be already over. The player shouldnt be tempted to wait not even one turn in order to raise units. Even one turn is boring. So, i believe that the inqs res ability should be limited to one use per battle. Two uses max. More is boring.

The rest of the problems that are now (for some players) solved with the use of inqs can be addressed with other means. Just balance everything right, so the game will be playable for all. It certainly is not right to try to solve one problem with the introduction of another.

Flag Post

vavu…..

well, I stay on contemporary drop rate. I thing we need some items we cant reach. I thing drop rate is good enough, but vavusikarios has different explaining for it. it is just my luck. I dont know, I drop some rare mat every day, let we say about 2, and I play 5-10 pve only. rest battles are pvp. I have 25 off chevrons from about 390 wins, let we say half were real battles. so it is less then 8 battles for 1 off chevron. it is not bad. you have also chance to have some rare mat as day reward. I thing it is enough.

inquisitors

ressurect 1x is not enough, I would tell 3x is good. for both pve and pvp

Flag Post
Originally posted by vavusikarios:

Regarding crafting.

1) I agree that there must be an option to destroy an item and get a percentage of the materials back. This should be applied to both normal and artful items. It is not necessary to make the percentage of materials returned for artful items higher. What I know for sure is that i already have an artful battle sword. If i get a second artful during my attempts for captains sword, it will be totally useless.

2) Another thing for the devs to consider is the fact that if a player tries to get an artful version of an item and she fails again and again, this can become demotivating and even depressing. You need a fail-safe device. Maybe an option to combine several non artful items of a type in order to create an artful version with 100% chance of success. Lets say i try for artful Knights boots. I have a 20% chance of getting them. I try 5 times and have only got non artful boots so far. I feel bad now. I feel cheated even, i may be considering stopping playing the game. Now give me the option to combine the 5 non artful items and make an artful version, and I will be perfectly content with the results of my grinding. Not happy, because i didnt get the item i wanted early, but i am ok. I am satisfied. My efforts are rewarded. I hope you see my reasoning, I believe that this will only help in engaging people more strongly in the game, improve their dedication.

3) Yeah, rare mats drop rate should go up. Together with the cooldown of the battles and the stamina cost of traveling, things are very tough right now.

I also would like to see some kind of change in crafting similar to what vavusikarious has suggested in his first point. It is a huge waste of resources when you craft some higher level items and get an undesired “artful” item when you only want a normal one (applies to normal items too if you are shooting to craft the champion gears). Being able to destroy the item for a partial return on its components would be a great enhancement to the crafting feature.

In direct response to the quoted post, if feature 1) is implemented then I don’t think that feature 2) is necessary.