"To the glory of Ancients" Contest!

33 posts

Flag Post

Today (Friday, August 17th, 2012) “To the glory of Ancients” Contest will start!

Contest rules:

1. We’ll keep track of your victories from 5 p.m. CET (11 a.m. CST/9 a.m. PST) August 17th, 2012 to 11 a.m. CET (5 a.m. CST/3 a.m. PST) August
19th, 2012.

2. All you need to do is to battle against other players and get the points for your victories. You’re allowed to use Commander’s Auras. B
y the way, you can make a Commander’s Aura in the item workshop.

3. We’ve got 3 places in 3 categories: “Recruit” (8-16 lvl), “Veteran” (17-26 lvl) and “Berserker” (27+ lvl). We count your level as of current date.

4. Victory gives you 3 points, if you lose, you get -1 point, and if you run away from the battlefield, you get -5 points. If your opponent runs away from the battlefield, you get 0 points.

5. You’re allowed to take part in the Contest only on 1 platform (Facebook, Kongregate, Odnoklassniki, Vkontakte, MoiMir).

6. The results will be announced in 5 days after the Contest is over.

7. Administration has a right to exclude users from the list of winners on suspicion of cheating until the circumstances are clarified and the investigation completed.

P.S. We do not count friendly PvP battles.

Prizes:

Berserker (27+ lvl)

1st place – 5 Ancient Ents + 3 Elixirs of Life
2nd place – 4 Gargoyle-Shamans + 2 Elixir of Life
3rd place – 3 Dryads + 1 Elixir of Life

Veteran (17-26 lvl)

1st place – 4 Ancient Ents + 3 Vessels of Life
2nd place – 3 Gargoyle-Shamans + 2 Vessels of Life
3rd place – 2 Dryads + 1 Vessel of Life

Recruit (8-16 lvl)

1st place – 3 Ancient Ents + 1 Vessel of Life
2nd place – 2 Gargoyle-Shamans +3 Vials of Like
3rd place – 1 Dryad + 2 Vials of Life

Three players who get the highest score (regardless of the category) will be proclaimed the best legionnaires of the week and get the scores in the tournament rating.

Good luck to all of you!

Flag Post

hi Nival,
why is price for 1st place recruit ents + gems and in other categories just units?
why you put shamans before dryads? shamans can everyone farm, dryads are more rare, they should be as price on second place. Shamans are not a good reward acording to me. I would preffer to svap them for polar bears or rangers on third place.

why do you change end of contest from 12am = sunday midnight to 11am = sunday 1 hour before noon it is 13 hours less for playing

rewards are better then last week, but probably not enough to attract players

Flag Post

why not give place winner their choice of units instead at a certain amount depending on rank

Flag Post

Why are a dryad, an ent and a shaman photographed in a street corner? It doesnt make any sense.
Shouldnt they be in a forest or something?

EDIT:
Maybe it is somehow related with the streetlight the shaman is holding

EDIT2:
Maybe they are the “destroy urban environment” team or something

Flag Post

Common Nival plz do something about the people who keep disconnecting when the battle is not in their favor!

Just now, a player named Rami Shestatski disconnected on me.
I can understand his frustration. He has ents, royal aura and commanders aura. He thinks he will win all battles easily. Still, he is lvl 33, he has done his hsare of pvp, he should know that shamans beat ents any time. Its simple, basic game mechanics: mage wins vs defender.
Halfway into the battle he realized that and disconnected.

I didnt manage to finish his army. Ents take time to cut down.
Annoying. Plz look into it.

Flag Post

“Halfway into the battle he realized that and disconnected.”
+ 1,000,000

Biggest flaw in pvp is this. Interestingly, seems to be mainly the Russian players practising this. I can’t see any real reason for this other than sheer bloodymindedness. So you lose a few ranking points – why bother? But people are.

Secondly – yeah, change the prize to players choice of which of the 3 legendarys they would like, not much use otherwise.

Flag Post

I like the thematic concept.
But i have to agree with everybody else: shamans just arent a good contest prize. Anyone can farm them without any trouble. Now Ents and Dryads are fine. They are not as good a prize as gems, but they are not bad either.

I hope i either finish 1st or 3rd place. Getting 2nd place and shamans will be a big disappointment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dudak:

why do you change end of contest from 12am = sunday midnight to 11am = sunday 1 hour before noon it is 13 hours less for playing

According to my calculations its 25 less hours.
Contest ended 7 hours ago, when all the previous contests would still have 18 hours left.

As an aside: what happened to good old GMT for time zones? GMT everybody understands and everybody uses.

Correction: everybody except here.
Why is that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vavusikarios:
Originally posted by dudak:

According to my calculations its 25 less hours.
Contest ended 7 hours ago, when all the previous contests would still have 18 hours left.

As an aside: what happened to good old GMT for time zones? GMT everybody understands and everybody uses.

Correction: everybody except here.
Why is that?

vavu 12am is midnight, so from 11am it is 1 hour to noon (12pm) and other 12 hours to midnight. may be Im wrong, not very skilled in am and pm and time zones, but I know how to count…

Flag Post

Bring back gems as reward or these pvp contests suck.

Flag Post

Nah. Gems reward always take same persons so no. Now is ok :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mambu:

Nah. Gems reward always take same persons so no. Now is ok :)

So, what you saying is that now, with the new reward being less desirable than the previous one, the usual suspects will not try to get it.
The only reason i can think of that this will happen is because these players will feel that the new reward is not worth it. But, is this a good thing? I mean, people not participating in the contest because the reward is not good enough?
Also, what reason do we have to assume that only strong players will not be interested in the new reward? If it is not good enough, then it is not good enough for everybody.

Flag Post

I still think adding more prizes would increase the popularity because as Mambu said, the same people when every week (ie both you Vavu and Alianx). So there needs to be just enough for you guys to want to win plus some benefit for the people that don’t match up.

Or people will get bored, less players and then it doesn’t matter the prize, it will be less enjoyable

e.g.

1st prize, small gem amount
2nd – 4th 3-1 Legendary Units
5th – 7th X Rare Materials
8th – 10th 1 Special unit

This way, great players go for the first prize, while the rest (me including) not of the same level still want to take part because we can still gain something useful and they are not expensive items for Nival

Flag Post

The Contest results we are ready to give out:

Recruits
1st place – swolfing (160 points)
2nd place – a_steb (54 points)
3rd place – new99999 (15 points)

Veterans
1st place – dudak (94 points)
2nd place – imsgroup (84 points)
3rd place – haze0222 (21 points)

Berserkers
1st place – Teaboy78 (142 points)
2nd place – vavusikarios (79 points)
3rd place – G_nomey (59 points)

Congratulations to the winners!

Flag Post

thank you my dear dev!

i got the rewards .
but i think the score is not true.
mine and others .

wish everything better.
good luck to you all.

Flag Post

uhhh that was unexpected the only reason i did pvp was because quests were gtiving knights and chain lightning as a reward.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NivalPublishing:

Berserkers
1st place – Teaboy78 (50 points)
2nd place – G_nomey (30 points)
3rd place – Crocodil Miai (17 points)

Originally posted by TeaBoy78:
but i think the score is not true.
mine and others .

Could you plz check my score?
I am pretty sure i scored more than 17 points during contest. Actually, I am sure i scored more than 50.

Flag Post

I’m guessing the listed timezones don’t match the query on the database fight records because I actually had about another 3 hours PVP fights missing from that calculation.

Flag Post

This may be so, but, in my case, it doesnt explain my total absence from the ranks. My calculation about my score is based on a conservative estimate about the duration of the contest anyway.
Btw, swolfing, graz!

Flag Post

it looks like you count just friday battles, cose I was fighting 3hours(1 time aura) on friday and then second 3 hours on saturday. on friday I track my victories and it was exactly 17x win no lose, no flee so exactly 51 points, second day I stopped tracking, but it should be another 40 points or so, no flee, 2x lose, and over 10 victories.

anyway ty for ents, got them

Flag Post

:(( i wanted 3d place, but not 2d…

score is not true… i had 18 clear win, 7 not clear win, 0 loses = 54 points

Flag Post

I know what is wrong. The server has been reset to an earlier time. I am missing @ 70k experience, several units I captured including 2 polar bears, rewards from finished quests, probably @ 1,000,000 gp from wins/battles in pvp (god knows how many points, I stopped counting) AND the rewards for getting 2nd in the competition. No shamans, and no elixir of life. Game was fine 12 hours ago . . . happened since then. Not happy Nival – what can you do to help????

Flag Post

We’ve corrected the contest results.

Flag Post

That’s nice, but I still see no change. No reward for placing 3rd . . . and any idea as to why my a/c seemed to reset to @ 24 hours ago? I can’t see anyone else saying anything in the chat, so maybe it’s just me??? The lost progress is so much because it was my weekend and I spent several hours playing . . .

Flag Post

G_nomey at my acc it is allright, it is probably just your acc