Unit upgrades

10 posts

Flag Post

Perhaps you’ve noticed that all of your creatures now can be upgraded to 15th level (through Army Management menu).
In order to upgrade a unit, you need to have a certain amount of gold and Strategy Books. The training success depends on the creature type (Common, Special, Legendary) and its current upgrade level. The higher the level, the lower the chance to upgrade the creature on the first try. By training your creatures you improve their basic characteristics and abiliti
es. A 15 level creature will always be stronger than the creature of a lower level.
Strategy book is basically a consumable that’s required for performing unit upgrades. It can be made in the item workshop from the resources you get in battles or you can buy some in the Royal Shop (Beginner’s set – 5 books, Large set – 10 books, King’s set – 20 books).
The amount of books required for upgrade depends on the unit type.

Flag Post

“The higher the level, the lower the chance to upgrade the creature on the first try.” this is more than fair, but you should expect that the chances of success increase at second, third, fourth attempt …. For example, I failed to upgrade the rangers from 10 to 11 for four times in a row and the chance of success is (should be) 50%. Every failed attempt could shift the odds of success to those of the previous level

Flag Post

Serg your problem is nothing compared to my biggest waste of money in 1st day after update.

Upgrading one leg unit 14 and 15 lvl cost me over 25 tries and nearly all of my books. After that i was with 40M gold but without any books. So i was forced to waste all left gold to prevent loose it to bandits from other platforms.

Btw actual state of raids make high upgrading impossible. And that must be changed in 1st place without any delay.

Unbalance to defender vs attacker is no less then rubbish and its obviously that it was implement only to devour all golds from those who play months.

Its isnt funny when -1 lvl enemy then my current lvl take 30% of gold each attack. Less then 200k gold before raid and attacker takes over 51k gold.

Ideas about raids are posted here.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/139-kings-bounty-legions/topics/313261-raids-sabotage-and-ideas

Flag Post

Mambu I don’t know if you read this article but I think you hurried to spend your money. You are level 35 and always have aura. With the help of some runes you could easily have a very strong garrison that only a handful of people could defeat. You said you had 40M. Even if someone could steal 200K each time, he would need 200 tries to extinguish your money. I don’t think that is very likely. I think that a minimum of a lvl 33 player with aura, runes and chain lighnings, fireballs and such is needed to win your garrison with rune protection. There aren’t so many players that can keep up to that. Remember you can’t run away from a raid, so most armies would be defeated. Of course the update caught all of us off guard and we didn’t know what was happening and how things worked.

Flag Post

I lost about 7 millions because of raid until now. However don’t really care about it any more. All necessary units were already fully upgraded. This feature could be more fun if garrison has more advantage. Because it is controled by AI which is a very weak point.

Flag Post

think_panther

Trust me even half-brained user with champ or dominator items can easy beat any castle even with runes in it. U can check that if u want when u attack No2.
Also puting runes into def castle is waste of them. U can have 4 spheres for win and 1 for loose when 1 crapest rune worth much more.

Flag Post

Yes but you also have champ items so a high level player is needed. In garrison there is no leadership equalization so a lvl29 with champ gear will probably lose. Also if you have noticed, the raid menu shows players near your level, not +-7 like in the beginning. I mean that you won’t appear in the raid menu to a lot of players. And the players that can see you are players that don’t need gold. Just put 5 small defense and attack runes (the +10%) and see how many can beat your garrison. And as from your friends from Kong that can attack your garrison anytime they want and win they are all lower levels than you and they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Flag Post

Mambu, I know very well the problem of the raid and to accumulate enough gold to upgrade legendary units to higher lvl. The problem is the definition of success: it is more difficult the first time (as written by Nival) implies that it becomes easier the next time. If, however, remains the same as it is in reality, it is obvious that can get to lvl 13,14,15 only old players like you (who have accumulated millions of gold when not needed), or $ $ players (raid or not). In both cases, the new players are blatantly disadvantaged, and in the long run is likely to kill the game.
(For the record, I have the Ranger most stupid and careless KBL, because also the sixth attempt failed)

Flag Post

Nival, I begin to think that there is an error in the success rate in the upgrade of ranger from 10 to 11 lvl. Should be 50%, but after nine failed attempts maybe it’s time to check if there are programming errors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SergenteZim:

Nival, I begin to think that there is an error in the success rate in the upgrade of ranger from 10 to 11 lvl. Should be 50%, but after nine failed attempts maybe it’s time to check if there are programming errors.

We’ve already checked that.
No problems were found with the upgrade success rate, but at the same time we’ve found a bug that causes the reset of successful upgrade after you leave the game and log in back. In this happened to you please send your tickets to our support team