[Guide] Math Strategies

142 posts

Flag Post

Objective:

I'll try to write a practical guide about the math in this game, although it's NOT recommended for beginner players. You can read these texts after you have some knowledge about the game and if you want to improve your strategies or get advanced informations.

If you're looking for basic information, see the EWS Wiki or the Octoman's walkthroughs.

You also can report any typos, grammar errors, misspelled words, etc. and, of course, make questions too.

Text 1) How is xp/gold/AP calculated in Arena?
Text 2) Estimatives: levels, number of games and time-grinding
Text 3) Item Drop Rate: strategies
Text 4) How is damage calculated in this game?
Text 5) How you should invest your skill point in the game?
Text 6) How much attack does Seraphiel need to farm quickly?

Flag Post

Text 1) How is xp/gold/AP calculated in Arena?

based on version 1.43

Part 1) What you should know

a) Remind this proportion: 1 AP = 25 xp = 6.25 gold. So, if you’ll play against someone that costs 200 APs, you already know that you’ll get 200*25 = 5000 xp and 200*6.25 = 1250 gold

a.1) Do the math in your head: to multiple any number by 25, it’s easier to multiply the number by 100, then divide by 2 and by 2 again. For example, 123*25, you can think as: 123*100 = 12300, then 12300/2 = 6150, then 6150/2 = 3075. So, 123*25 = 3075.

b) After the version 1.40, the maximum experience you can get in arena is 9999xp + xp bonus (9999xp + 120% xp bonus = 21997 xp). So, that means 400 APs is the optimum cost to reach the xp cap.

c)There is an AP cost cap: 999 APs. So, the gold cap in arena is 999*6.25 = 6244 gold + gold bonus (6244 gold + 120% gold bonus = 13736 gold total).

d) Battle points rewards (BPs)
Only one condition below can be true:
a) if AP cost ≥ 120 APs, you get 500 BPs;
b) if AP cost ≥ 80 APs, you get 250 BPs;
c) if AP cost ≥ 40 APs, you get 120 BPs;
d) if AP cost ≥ 24 APs, you get 70 BPs;
e) if AP cost ≥ 16 APs, you get 40 BPs;
f) if AP cost ≥ 8 APs, you get 20 BPs;
g) if AP cost ≥ 1 AP, you get 10 BPs.

e) Is worth to save the skill points to get more xp in Arena?
Not at all. Now there is epicfarm , so you can use ALL your skill points and still get max xp (even at level 9999). Other available farms: farm100, farm500, farm1000, farm2500.

Part 2) The formula (optional read)

Let’s say:

Enemy_stats = Enemy_Level + Mode*[(Enemy_HP / 2) + Enemy_Attack + Enemy_Defense]
Player_stats = Player_Level + (Player_HP / 2) + Player_Attack + Player_Defense

Then,

X = [(Enemy_stats – Player_stats) * (Enemy_number_units)] / 60

AP_cost = 0.08*X (min: 1 AP, max: 999 APs)
Gold_reward = X/2 (min: 10 gold)
Exp_reward = 2*X (min: 10 xp, max: 9999xp)

1.1) Example:
Play against farm1000 (lv 1000, 2500 HP, 8110 Atk, 280 Def) in 1,5x mode:
Enemy_stats = 1000 + 1,5*[(2500/2) + 8110 + 280] = 15460

Note that farm1000 uses 7 units (= Enemy_number_units).

Suppose my stats are lv 500, 800 HP, 900 Atk, 200 Def.
Player_stats = 500 + (800/2) + 900 + 200 = 2000

Then,
X = [(15460 – 2000) * 7] / 60
X = 1570.33

So,
AP_costs = 0,08 * 1570.33 = 125 AP
Gold_reward = 785 gold
Exp_reward = 3140 xp

PS.: the AP_costs, Gold_reward and Exp_reward are rounded, as in the game.

Flag Post

2) Estimatives: levels, number of games and time-grinding.
EDIT: the infos in this text are outdated. I’ll fix it soon

Part 1) The theory

Well, this text is pretty simple. The amount of xp you need to level is:
Total_xp_need = level * 12,5 + 7

So, if you’re level 1000, you’ll need 1000 * 12,5 + 7 = 12507 xp to level up.

Part 2) The conclusions

Table 1) “Games you need to play to level up” vs “9999xp * xp_bonus” = “Maximum level possible”

Suppose you always can get 9999 xp playing in Arena (400 AP or more) without counting the xp bonus. So, look at this table below:

http://s14.postimage.org/g4k99frlr/max_lvl_games_bonus.png

How do you read this table?
Suppose you play with +30% bonus in Arena and you’re level 1234. So, how many games do you need to play to level up?
See the column 30% (the ammount of bonus you use), and notice your level 1234 is between 1039 and 2079. So, you need to play 2 times.

And what is the maximum level I can reach playing 2 times with 30% bonus?
See the table again: level 2079. And once you reach level 2080, you’ll need play 3 times to level up.

Table 2) Total games you need to play to reach the level 9999:

Again, suppose you always can get 9999 xp playing in Arena (400 AP or more) without counting the xp bonus. So, look at the table below:

http://s14.postimage.org/nj9l1tdhb/games_needed.png

How do you read this table?
Suppose you play with +20% bonus in Arena and you’re at level 4000. So, you’ll need more 46801 games to reach level 9999.

Table 2.1) Time estimation: best case scenario: 12s per game (in real time)

This table is a complement of table 2. Reminding the last example, if you play with +20% bonus and you’re level 4000, you’ll need 46801 games to reach lv 9999.

Now, suppose you can play very very fast, with average time 12s per game (= 5 games per minute), that means you’ll need 169,1 hours (~ 7 days) to reach level 9999.

http://s14.postimage.org/m6rvzxg1r/time_needed_best_sce.png

Table 2.2) Time estimation: plausible case scenario: 15s per game (in real time)

Again, this table is a complement of table 2. The same example: if you play with +20% bonus and you’re level 4000, you’ll need 46801 games.

Now suppose you can play fast, with average time 15s per game (= 4 games per minute), that means you’ll need 211,3 hours (~8,8 days) to reach level 9999.

http://s14.postimage.org/vslgg877j/time_needed_real_sce.png

Flag Post

Item Drop Rate: strategies

based on version 1.43

Part 2) How many games do you have to play?
Part 3) Time vs Odds: be smart, increase your chance working less.

a) The base is 25% for common and 5% for rare items, increasing +5% and +1% for each star you get (100%, 200%, 300%), respectively. So, after mastery a mission (played 30 times), your item drop rate will be 40% for common and 8% for rare items.

b) Item boost for common, +(S) = +2.5%, +(M) = +5%, +(L) = +10%; for rare: +(S) = +0.5%, +(M) = +1%, +(L) = +2%. The +(S)/(M)/(L) items add these percentages to the current drop rate value.

c) There is a 70% cap for Common and 12% cap for rare item. So, use 6 thief rings (6x +(M)) to reach the max common drop and 4 thief rings to reach the max rare drop.

d) If you don’t believe in these numbers, or if you still believe the drop rate is rigged, or if you believe there is a World conspiracy against you, well… I recommend that you read the game’s source-code: http://s17.postimage.org/o0y7ndg3x/code_item.png . You can see the code, it’s pure luck / random.

Part 2) How many games do you have to play?

a) Mastering a mission (0% to 300%):
Do not complain if you finish to master a mission and you didn’t get more than 1 rare item. In most cases, you’ll get only 1 rare item (in 32% of the cases) while you’re still mastering. The probabilities to get N rare items from 0% to 300% are:

P( 0 item ) = 14%; P( 1 item ) = 32%; P( 2 items ) = 27%; P( 3 items ) = 16%; P( 4 items ) = 7%; P( 5 items ) = 3%; P( 6 items ) = 0,8%; P( 7 items ) ~ 0,1%; P( 8 items ) ~ 0%

Cumulative distribution:

P( 1 or more items ) = 86% ; P( 2 or more items ) = 54% ; P( 3 or more items ) = 27% ; P( 4 or more items ) = 11% ; P( 5 or more items ) = 4% ; P( 6 or more items ) = 1% ; P( 7 or more items ) ~ 1%

For example, you have about 11% to get 4 (or more) rare items before the 300% (= 30 games).

b) After master a mission (300%, 3 stars):
Your drop rate base will be 40% for common and 8% for rare items.

If you have 10% of drop rare item, that does not mean you will have 1 rare in 10 games; it means you can expect to get 1 rare in 10 games. In this case, in 38.74% of the cases you’ll get exactly 1 rare in 10 games. In 34.87% of the cases, you won’t get any rare in 10 games, and in 26.39% of the cases, you’ll get more than 1 rare. That means you have 65.13% (= 38.74% + 26.39%) chances to have at least 1 rare item in 10 games.

Now, let’s say we want to find “how many games are necessary to play to get at least N rare/common item AND be 95% sure that it’ll happen?”

See the tables below:

Rare items:

- You need 7 rare items to make Pegasus Knight / Arch Angel. If you don’t use any item boost (drop rate is 8%), you’ll need to play 146 games to have 95% chances to get all 7 (or more) rare items.

Common items:

- You need 20 eternal fires to make 1 infinity blade. Eternal fire is the 10-6 common drop, so if you use 2 thief rings (2x +5% = +10% common = 50% common drop rate), you’ll need to play 51 games to have 95% chances to get all 20 (or more) common items.

Part 3) Time vs Odds: be smart, increase your chance working less.

Question 1) Which one is better: play faster a mission with no item bonus OR play using thief rings, but needing more time to beat a mission?
Question 2) Playing twice with 8% chance is better than play once with 12% chance?

You should remember you waste time clicking to play again (wait the message CLEAR after finish the game, close the next screen showing your item / xp / gold gained, then click again in quest > play > play). Every time you do that, you’ll need about 5 seconds in real-time (and if you’re unlucky, you should count the server lag too).

So, if you play 10 games faster, you’ll waste about 50s clicking/waiting to play again, otherwise if you play 4 games slower (but with more +item%), you’ll waste 20s clicking (30s less than playing faster). So, you can “create” a time gaps, and that means you can figure out the optimum strategy for you.

“But estimate 5 seconds to redo the games is too much, I can do it in 3 seconds…”. Unless you’re a bot, remember you can misclick and get tired, so 5s estimation is fair and very reasonable.

The general problem:
Suppose you’re playing the quest 6-6 and trying to catch the Glorious wings, you use 3 Gungnirs + 3 TKDS, and your average time to beat him is 8:15 (1:45 total in game time). But, if you change the 3 TKDS for 3 thief ring (+3% rare item boost = 11% now), your average time will increase to 7:39 (2:21 total in game time). So, the question: which one is the best strategy?

The answer: the Second one.

See the tables below:

• 8% vs 9%:

• 8% vs 10%

• 8% vs 11%

• 8% vs 12%

How do you read the tables above?

First, notice that the 8% drop rate is our base to comparasion (of course, playing without any +item boost, you could use more swords/shields/armor, beating the quests faster).

Suppose you can beat a quest in 13s (9:47), using 3 Gungnirs + 3 cosmic blades and spamming White Tigers. Then, you change 1 cosmic blade for 1 thief ring (your drop rate is 9% now). So, open the table 8% vs 9%, see the column 9:47 / 13. If your time to beat the question with 9% is equal or lower than 16s (9:44), you should use the thief ring. But if your time is higher than 16s (9:44), it’s better you keep playing without any ring.

So, basically you need to see what is your average time using your best setup (mana + equips). Then, change 1 item for 1 thief ring / whatever “+item boost”. Open the respective table, compare the times. If you need more time than descripted in the tables, so it’s not worth to play using that +item boost.

P.S.: If you can’t beat a mission in less than 8:00 (game time) using your best gear, I strongly recommend to level up more, increase your stats, and then try again.

Flag Post

How do you invest your skill points?

based on version 1.43

1) What you should know

Understanding what ratio means:
a) If you have 10 skill points and invest 3 in HP / 5 in Attack / 2 in Defense, your ratio = 3:5:2.
b) If you have 100 skill points and invest 20 in HP / 40 in Attack / 40 in Defense, your ratio = 20:40:40 = 2:4:4 = 1:2:2.
c) If you have 123 skill points and invest 0 in HP / 123 in Attack / 0 in Defense, your ratio = 0:123:0 = 0:1:0.

The optimum ratio(1) you can use:

a) If you’re level 0 to 500, use the ratio 0:1:0; your win rate = 97.74%
b) If you’re level 500 to 1000, use the ratio 1:4:0; your win rate = 94.87%
c) If you’re level 1000 to 1500, use the ratio 1:3:0; your win rate = 94.64%
d) If you’re level 1500 to 3000, use the ratio 3:7:0; your win rate = 94.46%
e) If you’re level 3000 to 9999, use the ratio 1:2:0; your win rate = 94.65%

A practical ratio(2) you can use:
a) If you’re level 0 to 500, use the ratio 0:1:0
b) If you’re level 500 to 1500, use the ratio 1:4:0 or 0:1:0
c) If you’re level 1500 to 9999, use the ratio 0:1:0

(1): the optimum ratio is the ratio with highest win rate against others ratios, and it considers that you’ll have to attack and receive damage from enemy too. It’d be ideal for the PvP (Arena) offline defense and to beat the Cave of Trial (CoTs).

(2): the practical ratio is the ratio I’d recommend to use. After some point, your units stat base will be high enough to beat the last quest 10-6 without any trouble. Remember the rule: you won’t need any point in HP / defense if you can kill the enemy first. So, after level 1500 I believe you don’t need to invest any single point in HP or Defense to beat the quests or the Arena farms, but you might have problems to play CoTs.

1.1) Energy Points (EP) and Action Points (AP):

The basic strategy to don’t run out of energy/action points is level up to refill them, and the best way to level up is playing in Arena. Remember that 1 AP = 25 xp and 1 EP ~= 8 xp. So, you have to ensure you’ll have the minimum amount of APs to always level up.

- Energy points: it’s totally up to you. There isn’t a rule about it, but I’d recommend to not invest more than 10% of your total skill points. For example, if you’re level 800, you’ll have 800*5 = 4000 skill points available to use, so don’t put more than 400 points in EP.

- Action points: you can read more about Arena mechanics here . The maximum amount of APs you’ll need is your_level / 2. For example, if you’re level 1600, you’ll need only 1600/2 = 800 APs.

2) Still not convinced?

Try this simple simulator .

You’ll be redirected to a Google public spreadsheet. Choose a level (like 3342), and 2 ratios like 3:2:1 against the optimum 1:2:0, for example.
Please, do not change others cells without authorization.

3) Explaining why and how I get these ratios (optional read)

WARNING: STILL IS INCOMPLETE

1) You can read the damage formula here , and see the step 5, the standard hit.

2) To understand how a variable works, we can apply the limit and see the convergence. So,

• If your attack is infinity, we have:

• If your defense is infinity, we have:

• If your HP is infinity, we have:

• Defense: if you have a lot of defense, you still will have 0.05*x as minimum damage, no matter what. To see how awful it is, suppose you have an unit with stats 100 / 100 / 5000000 (HP/atk/def). Any enemy unit with at least 2000 attack can do one-hit kill, even if your unit have defense = 5 millions.

• HP: HP converges to infinity, but the rate of convergence (Wikipedia’s link) depends on the attack value too.
  • Attack: Attack is the only variable that will converge to infinity, no matter what.

3) The simulation:
Analysing the convergence behavior above, we should expect the simulation results likewise.

- Simulation Parameters:
Later

Flag Post

How much attack does Seraphiel need to beat a Quest/CoT using Ice Blast II?

based on version 1.55

Part 1) The problem

If you have the hero Seraphiel, how much attack do you need to farm a quest / CoT only using Ice Blast(s) II?

See the charts below:

The chart’s link, if you can not visualize the image above
http://s11.postimage.org/p6kfl18mr/Sera_chart.png

Reading the chart above:

1) How much attack do I have?
You only need to see your Hero (Seraphiel) stats pop-up, like this one:

In this case, Seraphiel has 96525 attack and that’s what you should use to compare the numbers.

2) In the charts, the column 1-2 Ice Blast II shows the attack necessary to beat the quest / CoT using one or two Ice Blast II. For example, if I have 96525 attack (like the image above), I could beat the quest 12-3 using one Ice Blasts II because 75088 is the minimum attack required.

3) Remember: Seraphiel is a Water Hero, so she is strong against Fire units/heroes (inflicting 2x damage), and weak against thunder units/heroes (inflicting 0.25x damage). But if you use Steel Armored Popo (void Hero), you can use the Ice Blast II without the elemental damage multiplier, so the numbers against Fire/Thunder Heroes will be different from the charts above.

Part 2) Seraphiel’s attack estimation

Here is the Seraphiel’s attack estimation divided by levels:

(*) It considers that you’re investing 80% of your total skill points in attack.

Note: The maximum attack possible with Seraphiel is 214,795 – level 9999, 100% skill points invested in attack (49995 points), 6 Water GSs.

Using a farm gold gear:

(*) It considers that you’re investing 80% of your total skill points in attack.

AS = Angel Slayer
EBIII = Epic blade III
GS = Galaxy sword
WaGS = Water Galaxy Sword
UGS = Ultimate Galaxy Sword

The chart’s links, if you can not visualize the images above
Chart 1
Chart 2

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Epic quide Guster.

Thank you very much :)

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Since you’re code-diving anyway Gus, might I trouble you to check the damage multiplier for “st immunity=XXX”? Yeti’s clearly take less damage than their defence qualifies against Fallen Goddess, and st_immunity is pretty much definitely the cause. st_weakness multiplier too if you can. If we can find out the details, then st_immune/weakness needs to go on the wiki as a hugely important tactical ability.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kholai:

Since you’re code-diving anyway Gus, might I trouble you to check the damage multiplier for “st immunity=XXX”? Yeti’s clearly take less damage than their defence qualifies against Fallen Goddess, and st_immunity is pretty much definitely the cause. st_weakness multiplier too if you can. If we can find out the details, then st_immune/weakness needs to go on the wiki as a hugely important tactical ability.

No problem, just give me some time to read and understand the “damage system”. The damage code is kinda complex.. the source-code of the “damage” in the game has 1635 lines and a lot of functions in it. And once I understand the code, I’ll tell you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gust4v3:

No problem, just give me some time to read and understand the “damage system”. The damage code is kinda complex.. the source-code of the “damage” in the game has 1635 lines and a lot of functions in it. And once I understand the code, I’ll tell you.

Cheers. No rush, just whenever you come across it. I’m expecting maybe a 0.2 damage multiplier or something.

Flag Post

Cheers. No rush, just whenever you come across it. I’m expecting maybe a 0.2 damage multiplier or something.

look at lines 300 to 500 function “setDamageHit”

ps. for weakness and immunity damage multipler, it’s *2 and *0.2 after apply elemental step.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gravebella:

look at lines 300 to 500 function “setDamageHit”

ps. for weakness and immunity damage multipler, it’s *2 and *0.2 after apply elemental step.

Awesome, thanks Bella. So it’s a two-fold process, x2 damage, x0.2 Guard chance / x0.2 Damage / x2 Guard Chance? I’ll update the wiki accordingly.

Flag Post

How is damage calculated in this game?

based on version 1.43

Let’s call X our damage. The steps below apply to ally or enemy units, and the X values follow the steps, respectively:

Step 0) Verifying the Rage.
If Raging is active, then RAGE = 0.5 * attack_power * attack. If it’s not, then RAGE = 0. See the list of the Attack_power in the Wiki.

Step 1) Initial value.
X = attack_power * attack + RAGE + RANDOM_(1~10) . RANDOM_(1~10) means some random number between 1 and 10.

Step 2) The elements.
Against a stronger element, X = 0.25 * X.
Against the same element, X = 0.5 * X.
Against a weaker element, X = 2 * X.
Against a true_element: if a unit is weak to this true_element, then X = 3 * X. Otherwise, X = 0.01 * X. For example, true_water against true_fire or fire causes 3 * X; against other elements, true_water causes 0.01 * X.

Step 3) The weakness / immunity.
If the unit is immunity to burn/freeze/shock/poison AND receive a burn/freeze/shock/poison attack respectively, then X = 0.2 * X.
If the unit is weak to burn/freeze/shock/poison AND receive a burn/freeze/shock/poison attack respectively, then X = 2 * X.

Step 4) Critical Hit.
There is 10% chance to be a critical hit for units and 5% chance for Heroes. If so,
X = 0.15*X + [1.5*X – 0.8*def – 0.2*def*RANDOM_(0~1)]
If [1.5*X – 0.8*def – 0.2*def*RANDOM_(0~1)] < 0, then replace it with 0 (zero).

Step 5) The standard hit.
If it’s not critical hit (90% chance for units, 95% for Heros), then:
X = 0.05 * X + [X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)]
If [X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)] < 0, then replace it with 0 (zero).

Step 6) Verifying the Shield.
If shield is active, then:
X = 0.75 * X

Step 7) Minimal damage.
Let’s say Y = RANDOM_(1~11). If X > Y, then keep X. If X < Y, then replace X = Y.

Step 8) Verifying the invincible.
If invincible is active, then:
X = 0.

Step 9) Deploy the final damage X, that means HP – X.

Pos-attack “bonus”
Step 10) Burn attack.
Keep burning the unit, causing additional X = 0.2 * X per game-second. Use the X value from step 9.

Step 11) Poison attack
Keep poisoning the unit, causing additional X = 0.2 * X per game-second. Use the X value from step 9.

THE END.

Observations:
1) Note that shock and freeze don’t cause an additional damage, as burn and poison do.
2) There is a “not-well-coded” problem here: if some unit is immune to burn/freeze/shock/poison, actually is better you get hit by this spell, then your damage will decrease to 20% (see the step 3). It should be multiplied by 1.2, not by 0.2.

Flag Post

Against a stronger true_element, X = 3 * X.
Against a weaker true_element, X = 0.01 * X.

Does this mean that true_fire is strong against true_water or that true_fire is strong against regular water? Seems weird how they reversed them for true elements

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaktan78:

Against a stronger true_element, X = 3 * X.
Against a weaker true_element, X = 0.01 * X.

Does this mean that true_fire is strong against true_water or that true_fire is strong against regular water? Seems weird how they reversed them for true elements

Oops, my bad. Already fixed. Thanks for noticing. :D

Flag Post

I read all the damage process, and it’s not quite exactly as described in the Wiki, although part of the damage formula is right. I’ll try to describe all damage process, please tell me if something is incomprehensible.

Let’s call X our damage, as used in the Wiki. The steps below apply to ally or enemy units, and the X values are cumulatives following the steps, respectively:

Step 1) Initial value.
X = attack_power * attack + RANDOM_(1~10) . Attack_power is define corretly in the Wiki, and RANDOM_(1~10) means some random number between 1 and 10.

Step 2) The elements.
Against a stronger element, X = 0.25 * X.
Against the same element, X = 0.5 * X.
Against a weaker element, X = 2 * X.
Against a true_element: if a unit is weak to this true_element, then X = 3 * X. Otherwise, X = 0.01 * X. For example, true_water against true_fire or fire causes 3 * X; against other elements, true_water causes 0.01 * X.

Step 3) The weakness / immunity.
If the unit is immunity to burn/freeze/shock/poison AND receive a burn/freeze/shock/poison attack respectively, then X = 0.2 * X.
If the unit is weak to burn/freeze/shock/poison AND receive a burn/freeze/shock/poison attack respectively, then X = 2 * X.

Step 4) Critical Hit.
There is 10% chance to be a critical hit. If so,
X = 1.65 * X + [1.5 * X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)]
If [1.5 * X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)] < 0, then replace it with 0 (zero).

Step 5) The standard hit.
If it’s not critical hit (90% chance), then:
X = 0.05 * X + [X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)]
If [X – 0.8 * def – 0.2 * def * RANDOM_(0~1)] < 0, then replace it with 0 (zero).

Step 6) Verifing the Shield.
If shield is active, then:
X = 0.75 * X

Step 7) Minimal damage.
Let’s say Y = RANDOM_(1~11). If X > Y, then keep X. If X < Y, then replace X = Y.

Step 8) Verifing the invincible.
If invincible is active, then:
X = 0.

Step 9) Deploy the final damage X.

Pos-attack “bonus”
Step 10) Burn attack.
Keep burning the unit, causing additional X = 0.2 * X per game-second. Use the X value from step 9.

Step 11) Poison attack
Keep poisoning the unit, causing additional X = 0.2 * X per game-second. Use the X value from step 9.

THE END.

Observations:
1) Note that shock and freeze don’t cause an additional damage, as burn and poison do.
2) There is a “not-well-coded” problem here: if some unit is immune to burn/freeze/shock/poison, actually is better you get hit by this spell, then your damage will decrease to 20% (see the step 3). It should be multiplied by 1.2, not by 0.2.

Awesome stuff. Before I put it up, where does Rage come into this?

Flag Post

Well reminded. The rage increase the attack_power * attack by 50%. Already fixed (added step 0).

Flag Post

Well reminded. The rage increase the attack_power * attack by 50%. Already fixed (added step 0).

Golden, thanks a lot. I’ll update the wiki when I’m less swamped with work, then add Immunity/Weakness to monster entries. Probably even Guard stats since I have the XML handy.

Flag Post

Hey gust,

nice guides you made, even if they only seem to be for the “Hardcore”-Gamer which are interested into in-depth-info’s.
Alot people will be scared about Numbers or even Math. I hope more people are going to read this, and may drag out the info’s they need.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Flag Post

It would be interesting if you wrote a text on how each attack’s damage gets calculated. For example, why does Ice Blaster II do so much damage? Also I’ve noticed that sometimes using Frei it’s faster to use her Special to kill something, yet other times Twin Tornado is far superior. I think it would be nice if we finally found out why :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaktan78:

It would be interesting if you wrote a text on how each attack’s damage gets calculated. For example, why does Ice Blaster II do so much damage? Also I’ve noticed that sometimes using Frei it’s faster to use her Special to kill something, yet other times Twin Tornado is far superior. I think it would be nice if we finally found out why :D

How the damage is calculated: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/143-epic-war-saga/topics/275564-guide-math-strategies#posts-5996287

About others questions, I can answer you later (I’ll try confirm first).

Flag Post

I finished the work about the “best skill points ratio”, and the discovery is quite amazing: best ratio is 1:2:0 (1 in HP/2 in Atk/0 in def). Read more here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/143-epic-war-saga/topics/275564-guide-math-strategies#posts-5932128

Later I’ll explain how I did the simulation and why the simulation is accurate.