Classes Guide

165 posts

Flag Post

Hello, all combateers and snipers, this is a simple class guide about the 4 classes that are in Freefall Tournament right now. In the near future, there would be about 12 classes (or so).

SCOUT
The premier in swift combat and speedy engagements.

Speed : High
Health : low/200
Shields : low/150

Weapons : 1) Sub-machinegun.
Great at suppresing the opponent with a hail of gunfire from above.

Rate-of-fire : fast
Ammo. Speed : Instant
Ammunition capacity : 45 per Magazine
Damage : Low
Accuracy : Moderate

2) Light Saber Chop

Deadly close-range weapon for quick kills.

Rate-of-fire : slow
Ammo. speed : N/A
Ammunition capacity : N/A
Damage : high
Accuracy : N/A

TANK
A extremely powerful defender that can wipe out a base.

Speed : low
Health : high/400
Shields : high/250
weapons : 1) Heavy-machinegun
A purely devastating explosive rapid cannon.

Rate-of-fire : Moderate
Ammunition speed : moderate
Ammunition capacity : 40
Damage : moderate/high
Accuracy : moderate

2) Blitzkereig Mauler

Better than the Light Saber Chop at close range engagement thanks to extra crush.

Rate-of-fire : Very slow
Ammunition speed : N/A
Ammunition capacity : N/A
Damage : Very high
Accuracy : N/A

TECH
A useful supporting unit that can place turrets or be the field medic.

Health : moderate/250
Shields : moderate/200
Speed : moderate
weapons : 1)Pulser
A well balanced energy-based weapon which projectiles can richochet off walls.

Rate-of-fire : moderate
Ammunition speed : moderate
Ammunition capacity : 20 (constant blast )
Damage : moderate
Accuracy : moderate

2) Medical Wavebeam ( Real name unknown )

One of the few reasons why the tech is so useful in the field.

Rate-of-fire : constant
Ammunition speed : instant
Ammunition capacity : infinite
Damage : N/A
Accuracy : 100% hit chance

SPECIAL This weapon is used to heal people, not kill or do anything to enemies. If you find a injured ally, you cango up to himand shoot him with your Medical Wavebeam. He will slowly heal at a rate of 5-10HP/sec. If you are injured but your ally isnt, than you can go up to him, shoot the beam at him and it will shoot back at you, healing you too! In there is more than 1 ally in your area of healing, the other allies will all be healed too! Dont forget, you can heal turrets too!

GUNNER
A deadly precision sniper that can wipe anything out… from a distance.

Health : Moderate/300
Shields : Moderate/250
Speed : moderate
Weapons : 1) Assualt rifle
A rapid-fire weapon that is better than the Sub-machinegun by a long shot.

Rate of fire: high
Ammo. Speed: instant
Ammunition capacity:45
Damage : Low/Moderate
Accuracy : Moderate

2) Railgun

A deadly sniper-like weapon that can dish out heavy damage if shot to heads.

Rate-of-fire: Slow
Ammo. Speed: instant
Ammunition capacity: 1 shot per energy load of 100%
Damage: Very high/50-100
*Accuracy: High/Low

*This weapon is unable to lock-on to targets. If used at long range, then it is very accurate. If you usually use the lock-on feature, then you will have trouble trying to use this weapon. The lack on locking is realistic. If it could lock, with this much damage, scouts would be rather useless.

Please comment on how you think about the different classes. Thank you so much!

Flag Post

I only use the gunner, and if you can land a body hit with the railgun its 4 hits and the (assault rifle) is the primary weapon that can take out a scout fast if you dodge his blades.

Flag Post

GUNNER

1.) Machinegun

Ammo Cap. : 45
Amm Speed : Instant
Accuracy : Maybe 50% 75%

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zach1322:

GUNNER

1.) Machinegun

Ammo Cap. : 45
Amm Speed : Instant
Accuracy : Maybe 50% 75%

Thanks for your help,Zach. I will edit my first post. Thanks alot! :D

Flag Post

o thx for the info didn’t realize it was the techs healing, almost feels like the repair tool from the game Section 8 Prejudice if you ever played it.

Flag Post

That hammer is called Blitzkreig Mauler and it’s awesome. :)

Flag Post

A good combo with tank at close combat (in shuttle or tunnels) is to go up close and f bomb the ground, E melee attack, and f bomb again all while shooting. U should be able to kill any class pretty fast if u don’t miss. It will also stun them, f bombs will make them fly up for a second, E melee will stun them for 2 seconds.

Flag Post

tank secondary weapon is the blitzkreig mauler and its melle attack si called the comet rush

Flag Post

2.) Sniper

Dmg – 50 – 100 ( 200 Critical )
Accuracy : High
Rate of fire : Low

Flag Post

The hammer of the tank is caleld the Blitzkreig Mauler

Flag Post

the main gun of the gunner is called “Assault Rifle” and dont forget that the techs can UPGRADE their turrets to S3

Flag Post

Gunner is beast for sniping the middle point area especially when u have a bodyguard best teamed with tech with lvl 3 turret lol.

Flag Post

ive gotten a 100KS (3 consecutive games) with a tech, S3 turret and people that just want kills. all they did was go after me in the center below the ship and didnt even try to get the capture point. i played 3v1 3 times with the tech and got 100 KS like that before i have to go haha

Flag Post

Tech is officially the most powerful character according to freerangegames.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zach1322:

2.) Sniper

Dmg – 50 – 100 ( 200 Critical )
Accuracy : High
Rate of fire : Low

Once again, thank you. I will give credit to you. (Freerangegames thanked me for making this list, credit goes to you too.)

Flag Post

Yes many thank to Zach1322 as well and everyone else that’s helping out!!

To clarify, my thoughts on the Tech being the most powerful is an opinion. In isolation, the Tech isn’t any more powerful than the other classes—or at least that is the intent and goal we will strive for. But they really are a magnifying force when used with a team, especially in enclosed areas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Tech is officially the most powerful character according to freerangegames.

Originally posted by freerangegames:

Yes many thank to Zach1322 as well and everyone else that’s helping out!!

To clarify, my thoughts on the Tech being the most powerful is an opinion. In isolation, the Tech isn’t any more powerful than the other classes—or at least that is the intent and goal we will strive for. But they really are a magnifying force when used with a team, especially in enclosed areas.

I only use the tech when i see someone else using it. I would place my turret near his, and stick close to his side to heal him. Having 2 turrets side-by-side is very powerful, not just 1 suppressing beam, but 2. And its very fun, too!

Flag Post

Today was my first time playing this game and it was enjoyable i only used three classes of the four, gunner, tank, and tech. I used tank the most so i will comment on that one, i think the max and min of the heavy-machinegun should do more damage, it felt that since the gun isn’t as rapid in firing speed as other weapons it was weaker. Im certain that HvyMachGn is strong, but at the speed it fires at hits very little and the amount of damage it does per hit does not compensate for the constant missing. I noticed, maybe it was just me, but you walk much slower when wielding the Blitzekreig Mauler which kinda sucks because you are already slower than other units, it would be nice to at least move at the speed of the HvyMachGn. I think the tanks shield should be raised to 300 just so the classes dont have any similarities, and because they are big and slow and get hit a lot. I dont want to seem like a butt i said, i was gonna comment on one but the tech needs some improvement, i think it would be fair to remove the shield on the turret all together, they are hard to kill, harder than the tech itself(when your under fire). Thank you for reading, great game i do enjoy it, 4/5.

P.S make more lvls soon (;-]} all those beneath my beard know that true GODs wield beards for truth, justice, and very saucy foods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Khanfucious:

Today was my first time playing this game and it was enjoyable i only used three classes of the four, gunner, tank, and tech. I used tank the most so i will comment on that one, i think the max and min of the heavy-machinegun should do more damage, it felt that since the gun isn’t as rapid in firing speed as other weapons it was weaker. Im certain that HvyMachGn is strong, but at the speed it fires at hits very little and the amount of damage it does per hit does not compensate for the constant missing. I noticed, maybe it was just me, but you walk much slower when wielding the Blitzekreig Mauler which kinda sucks because you are already slower than other units, it would be nice to at least move at the speed of the HvyMachGn. I think the tanks shield should be raised to 300 just so the classes dont have any similarities, and because they are big and slow and get hit a lot. I dont want to seem like a butt i said, i was gonna comment on one but the tech needs some improvement, i think it would be fair to remove the shield on the turret all together, they are hard to kill, harder than the tech itself(when your under fire). Thank you for reading, great game i do enjoy it, 4/5.

P.S make more lvls soon (;-]} all those beneath my beard know that true GODs wield beards for truth, justice, and very saucy foods.

Hmm. Interesting that you resisted choosing the Scout class.The Scout class is really fun to use, altough it is easy to get killed while being a Scout, due to a lack of Health and Shield points. However, Scouts can fly really quickly. Okay, nevermind about the Scout class…

I honestly dont understand why so many people use the Tank. It is slow, and doesnt compensate much with the slow weaponary that it has. The heavy-MG is rather powerful against STATIONERY or SLOW-MOVING targets, like gunners that are sniping, techs that are standing beside their turrets, other tanks etc. The Blitzkerg Mauler seems worse, not only slowing you down, it is hard to handle due to the time taken to execute a simple smash. The damage does make a difference, if only you could get to your opponent faster, before your head gets blown off…

Techs. Turrets. Feeling frenzied? Actually, a simple way to counter pesky Tech-Turret teams are to simple use a Gunner and pick off the Tech, which can fly to you and blast you anytime they want. Aim for their heads with the railgun and deplete their shields first. A 2nd shot to the head will prove fatal. Then, you either run for your life if you see swarms of Tanks and Scouts or Anti-sniper teams, OR you can choose to pick off the irritating turret, that will hinder your teammate’s attempt at attacking opponents due to the ‘suppress’ effect. That effect slows down your firing speed for 10 seconds. Anytime during that short period, you may get killed.

A new level is coming soon in June. Some sort off space map? (Freerangegames, what is it?) And new classes are what i actually REALLY want! :D And i also believe eating saucy foods with such long beards is to scoop up the tomato, chilli or gravy sauce. Hmm… BEARDy lickin’ good! Justice and truth sounds way better though. Cheers. And good to know that you enjoy the game! see you around.

Flag Post

tanks, hold right mouse button for shield effect with hammer, this handheld shield can stop a single sniper shot full on without any hp loss to you… though it can be difficult to see the gunner in order to face them at times i have blocked multiple in a row while mid combat with two enemy tanks :*( needless to say i died but the handheld shield did allow me to hold the shuttle long enough for my team to respawn and keep the point so it is useful. Perhaps not so much as grenades but it is useful so remember you have it and you will live longer :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Voldershort:

tanks, hold right mouse button for shield effect with hammer, this handheld shield can stop a single sniper shot full on without any hp loss to you… though it can be difficult to see the gunner in order to face them at times i have blocked multiple in a row while mid combat with two enemy tanks :*( needless to say i died but the handheld shield did allow me to hold the shuttle long enough for my team to respawn and keep the point so it is useful. Perhaps not so much as grenades but it is useful so remember you have it and you will live longer :)

Tanks are mainly defensive. They can deal plenty of damage, but it is very hard to land a hit on a moving opponent, like a flying scout. You can find yourself very frustrated while using the tank, as most of your shots will miss. The hammer is very painful, but it is also very slow. Yes, there is a shield effect which is very helpful, but a scout can simply circle the tank till he gets dizzy and the scout lands on the tank’s back and blasts it to bits.

Flag Post

Healing beam is calling repair beam. Also small note, comet crush is the tank’s E ability.

Flag Post

Should add that all secondary weapons except the Railgun have a special, by pressing R:
Scouts have the Doped Saber Chop. It rushes forward and… chops.
Don’t know the name for tanks, but the hammer is smashed down, doing damage in an area and possibly stunning.
Techs are a special case. Once their Repair Beam reaches 100% (it does NOT cool down, but you can heal infinitely), you can heal yourself for 100(?) health.
All of these specials cool down similarly to the tech’s Pulser.

Holding down the left + right mouse buttons with Scout’s Doped Saber and moving will let you ‘glide.’ It makes you go faster on land and if you point your crosshair up, you can stay in the air indefinitely. However, if you get too close to someone, it target locks.

The classes have different ways of flying. Scouts can glide but fall after a while, so you have to use your jetpack to stay aloft (unless you do the stuff mentioned above). Gunners and techs can jump and their jetpacks give them a constant lift. Tanks can use a ‘burst,’ using up all their fuel in one go but carrying them far (enough). Although your fuel recharges as a tank when you’re midair, you can’t use it until you hit the ground, unlike the other classes.. The only way for tanks to use up your fuel like gunners and techs is to fall off something and then use your jetpack.

Oh, and they all have max speeds (that are different in the air/ground). Don’t know them, exactly, but in order of acceleration, I believe it’s Tank < Tech < Gunner < Scout.

One last thing :P Gunners and scouts have a ‘spreading’ crosshair that gets bigger as you shoot. Tanks and techs always shoot in the middle of their crosshair.

Flag Post

TECH as engineer and medic.. Good idea but I about to try it when very large file has complete.. I was thinking about mainly defensive while build stuff all over the place, still a good idea..

I suggest it need to separate TECH classes into 2 sub classes:
1) engineer (builder)
2) medic/repairman (healer/mechanic)

Flag Post

Another class guide :3

Gunner: The all-rounder. This class gives you decent speed, damage per second (DPS), and HP. This class gives you the assault rifle, and rail gun (which is basically the sniper). The ultimate skill allows you to crouch to increase the precision of your shots. (Works well when sniping). Choose gunner if you want to do a direct assault on an enemy, or want to snipe them from afar. Also, pressing (E) will do some spinning kick attack.
Tech: Your Support/Engineer/Medic. This is the class that is able to place turrets in your team’s defense. This class also has decent health and mobility, but I’m not so sure about DPS. The class comes equipped with a pulse rifle, which fires slow projectiles that deal a good amount of damage. They bounce off walls, as well. Thing is, it’s not as accurate as some would like. Also, the turret would have to be defended well in a good area to ensure DPS. Although, it also comes with a repair beam weapon. This heals everything friendly on your team (turrets too). When you max out it’s energy bar, you can press® to heal yourself, too! Pressing (E) will allow you to do a simple kick that can be used as fast as you’d like.
Tank: This is what it says. Any Multiplayer shooter player should know what a tank is. If you don’t well here’s what one is. In other games, “tanks” are considered people who either take a lot of hits, or don’t seem to die when you are “so sure” you lit them up with attacks. In this game, the Tank has the most HP out of any class, but the least mobility. It has….okay DPS. It comes equipped with a heavy machine gun. Don’t let “machine gun” get your hopes up about fast fire rate, because it doesn’t have it. The projectiles are slow and dodgable, but are pretty big. The second weapon is a Melee weapon known as the Blitzkrieg Mauler. Basically, it’s a hammer. You’d want to use this in close quarters combat. This thing can stun enemies (so it seems), and has a shield come up when you right click. Speaking of which, the ultimate skill allows you to create a shield around you to make yourself invincible temporarily. (Use wisely). Pressing (E) with this class does a short charge enveloped in a yellow aura that can crush enemies. It’s called Comet Rush, try it out in close range.
Scout: My favorite honestly. This class is the Ninja of the game. Basically, you get in, kill, and get out, and STAY moving. Staying put with this class can get you killed. This is the fastest thing in the game, but has the lowest HP. To make up for it, it has awesome average DPS. You come equipped with a submachine gun, which is really accurate, but actually does pretty low damage compared to other guns. But the real ninja DPS weapon here is the Doped Saber. Basically, it’s a glowing sword. You can slice up your opponents and kill them in a matter of a few hits. It does up to 300 DPS (I don’t need to explain how 300 is a big number if I actually had to say how high it was do I?), so I’ve seen. This is useful in almost any close ranged situation. The ultimate skill speeds you up even more (Useful for fleeing, being the first one at the capture point, or ninja-ing snip— I mean opponents.) Pressing (E) will allow you to do something that Chuck Norris WISH he could do, a yellow auraed flying side kick known as the Thunder Kick. It doesn’t do much damage, but you can knock opponents offguard and then light ’em up! Or you could use it to flee fire, or give yourself a speed boost.
Well, there’s your breakdown. Choose the class that best suits you. No single class is better than another in this game, so feel free to experiment.