Classes Guide page 7

165 posts

Flag Post

if no-one’s dealing with the snipers, switch to Pulser, don’t use right mouse, and snipe the sniper with it while the sniper is targeting something else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lor12:

lol you can break up the techs healing with a valtech, and the unleash your assault rifle at full auto while throwing the rest of my nades. In my experience, this usually works (im a sgm.)

Yes, yes, you can do that, but don’t forget that there is the “Slingshot” technique for the Techs. Healing while locked on keeps you at a certain distance. If they all keep locking on to each other, after your breakup Valtech, they’ll come together again, and then it’s just rinse and repeat.

Flag Post

Here my big problem with techs, powers is numbers.

In a classic Noob V Noob game which I join half way through I will typically see a whole bunch of techs in one team either camped in spawn (while the other team lies around), OR the different scenario were the techs in spawn move to the CP and hold it for eternity and the other team gives up. Usually I join the team who are either sitting in their spawn having fun healing the suppressors and doing nothing OR the team defending against the fort. Of course, I quickly clear the fort with my sniping, hoping for a collat (I got REALLY close one time, but on the third shot one of the techs jumped out of the way). Problem solved.

However, problems arrive when there is a good gunner in the middle of the tech fort being healed OR any tank (who can do LR HMG shots), then they become invincible and the techs along with them. I think that one gunner in the middle can hold out against 1 gunner easily, and potentially two (however if both gunners hit at the same time and take him out at the same time that may change). This complicates matters and makes techs OP. My suggestion earlier was when suppressors are being healed reduce their dmg by 25%, this would make it easier for tanks to combat large amounts of suppressors, but meh.

From here on in I would like declare that on the 26th of August 2012, the first annual ‘Tech Killing Awareness Week’ is put in place, designed to teach the new players how to kill techs properly before another tragedy (tech fort).

So here’s a hint newbies,

Stun. Stun. Stun. When a tech is stunned (with lots of meele’s, Flare guns, Sonics and F-bombs [F-bombs are the best]) they can’t heal and are taken care of very quickly.

I leave you all with this this:

померти техніків померти!

Flag Post

Oftentimes when playing tech, a scout can come, take me out by using first the kick and then the sword rush, and q speed away. If I see a bunch of techs, or really just a lot of anyone bunched up, I go gunner, snipe a couple head shots, fly to the other side of the map, do some more, rinse and repeat. As a sniper you always have to move. It is much easier to shoot someone’s head when it is turned. Snipers are especially useful for taking out suppressors, as they can output damage faster than techs can run over and shoot you. If the techs have teamies, go for the techs first rather than the suppressor. There are some exceptions, but it is is easier to kill things when there is no medic healing them

Flag Post
Originally posted by Emy911:

Oftentimes when playing tech, a scout can come, take me out by using first the kick and then the sword rush, and q speed away. If I see a bunch of techs, or really just a lot of anyone bunched up, I go gunner, snipe a couple head shots, fly to the other side of the map, do some more, rinse and repeat. As a sniper you always have to move. It is much easier to shoot someone’s head when it is turned. Snipers are especially useful for taking out suppressors, as they can output damage faster than techs can run over and shoot you. If the techs have teamies, go for the teamies first rather than the suppressor. There are some exceptions, but it is is easier to kill things when there is no medic healing them

You don’t say?

Flag Post

Even though it is obvious, many people don’t seem to know it and instead scream in chat about TECH OP FU

Flag Post

I’m always frustrated when playing Tech because my teammates don’t understand that TECHS NEED TO BE SUPPORTED! They think that they can just let me be and I will instantly get a tech fort. Even tech forts need to be well defended because of Scout assassination or a few tanks charging the suppressor.

Well set-up and well-defended tech forts can dominate the game, though. Techs are possibly the most powerful class in the game, under the right conditions. If there’s a tech on your team, your job is to set up those conditions.

Flag Post

^i play Tech as a secondary class. yes, backup is nice, but i can take care of myself quite well. just don’t stand around waiting for enemies to come and kill you. stop thinking the Tech is so weak and huddle up like a frightened child, and stop underestimating the Pulser. you also have the same Valtechs as everyone else.
Tech is well equiped for hunting Scouts and Gunners, and your bouncing bullets are nice against Bucklering Tanks. i also consider it the best weapon against enemy Suppressors.

though i would agree to the notion of lack of team-play in many games. i just don’t think it’s so class-bound. all classes need to be supported.

If the techs have teamies, go for the teamies first rather than the suppressor. There are some exceptions, but it is is easier to kill things when there is no medic healing them

so, you go after the Suppressors first, unless there are other players than the Tech, but you also have to take out the Techs first?

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

^i play Tech as a secondary class. yes, backup is nice, but i can take care of myself quite well. just don’t stand around waiting for enemies to come and kill you. stop thinking the Tech is so weak and huddle up like a frightened child, and stop underestimating the Pulser. you also have the same Valtechs as everyone else.
Tech is well equiped for hunting Scouts and Gunners, and your bouncing bullets are nice against Bucklering Tanks. i also consider it the best weapon against enemy Suppressors.

though i would agree to the notion of lack of team-play in many games. i just don’t think it’s so class-bound. all classes need to be supported.

If the techs have teamies, go for the teamies first rather than the suppressor. There are some exceptions, but it is is easier to kill things when there is no medic healing them

so, you go after the Suppressors first, unless there are other players than the Tech, but you also have to take out the Techs first?

In my opinion, Tech is the best against Scouts. Pulser is DEADLY to Scouts, as long as it’s 1v1. Bouncing Pulser blasts are great for Bucklering Tanks and Gunners.
It’s practically amazing.

In my opinion, when breaking up a group of Techs and teams, have a sniper and a scout/tank on hand. Scout/tank breaks them up, knocking them around and what not, while sniper finishes them all off. Makes life easier.

Flag Post

Tech is beast versus Scouts. The scouts can’t get in close to used the Saber because of Suppressor, and the rebounding Pulser makes it difficult for them to run. If there’s one thing a Scout hates, its an enemy you can’t shake off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Tech is beast versus Scouts. The scouts can’t get in close to used the Saber because of Suppressor, and the rebounding Pulser makes it difficult for them to run. If there’s one thing a Scout hates, its an enemy you can’t shake off.

OK u kill tech first then, before dyeing go for the suppressor and take it out job done :P

Flag Post

This happend last week I a tank and my teammate a gunner it was 2 against 1 a guy that played the role of a scout! he kept killing my “useless” teammate even though I killed him how many times but because he kept killing the gunner we were always 20 points short! but it all changed when he changed into a tech,placed a suppressor on the ground and waited for the guy to come to the spawn cause he always goes around super speeding the map and he did spawn camp once or twice already! so we waited then BOOM 1 kill then 2 then 3 it was fanstatic when 2 other people came and 1 on other side a gunner!………..but the scout guy decided to become a tank in the next round and the tactic died off so we decided to move our camp to the center but we changed it a bit…. one sniper with a suppressor just in case a guy comes and try’s to kill him and me and to tech in one corner! when the tank and scout came the sniper made quick work of the tank if not the tank almost dead while the scout with my Bliztkrieg Mauler we were able to kill them quickly so we caught up! so 200 and 200 point tie! we were wondering were was the other gunner on the enemy side because we didn’t see him for a while then I saw him fly up from the underside of the map and sniped our gunner while in mid air then I didn’t notice the tank and the scout come from behind! I was able to kill the Tank but the gunner got me with his primary weapon while taking down the scout and that’s my story XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by patrickjeremy:

This happend last week I a tank and my teammate a gunner it was 2 against 1 a guy that played the role of a scout! he kept killing my “useless” teammate even though I killed him how many times but because he kept killing the gunner we were always 20 points short! but it all changed when he changed into a tech,placed a suppressor on the ground and waited for the guy to come to the spawn cause he always goes around super speeding the map and he did spawn camp once or twice already! so we waited then BOOM 1 kill then 2 then 3 it was fanstatic when 2 other people came and 1 on other side a gunner!………..but the scout guy decided to become a tank in the next round and the tactic died off so we decided to move our camp to the center but we changed it a bit…. one sniper with a suppressor just in case a guy comes and try’s to kill him and me and to tech in one corner! when the tank and scout came the sniper made quick work of the tank if not the tank almost dead while the scout with my Bliztkrieg Mauler we were able to kill them quickly so we caught up! so 200 and 200 point tie! we were wondering were was the other gunner on the enemy side because we didn’t see him for a while then I saw him fly up from the underside of the map and sniped our gunner while in mid air then I didn’t notice the tank and the scout come from behind! I was able to kill the Tank but the gunner got me with his primary weapon while taking down the scout and that’s my story XD

……………………………………………..

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

……………………………………………..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dual_Smoke:
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

……………………………………………..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think patrick is looking for “the great tech defense” tread or something. I’m sorry but that’s all too fast for me.