Suggestion Box page 55

3307 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TROPAFLIGHT2:

Maybe a sort of adrenaline boost when you are near death? You would move faster, have slightly increased rate of fire, jump faster, etc. It would activate automatically when your health is low. Maybe 200-0 HP, maybe even beginning at 300 or 500. I think it should be 200. I got the idea when I survived with 1 HP left after sucesefully killing a blazer head on, well not head on, but I sneaked up from behind, which I do a lot! :P

The idea is creative but that wouldnt be fair to the person that is trying to kill you.

Flag Post

It would also be good if we could copy and paste in-game. Like if i want to post a link in the chat people can copy the link and go to it. Also if i wanted to paste something in-game. This feature would be nice.

Flag Post

I’d like to suggest that in the armory before the adv. class update, there was a description and layout of each class like defense, hp, shield, jetpack fuel, etc. And for the guns, there was rate of fire, range, and other stuff. I’d like to suggest that was back on. To me, it made it look professional. I’d like to also suggest that since shocker is the electricity expert that that class gets extended shields like to 20,000 or 25,000.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flapppy741:

I’d like to also suggest that since shocker is the electricity expert that that class gets extended shields like to 20,000 or 25,000.

What? 20000 shield? 25000 shield? Giving an extended shield is a good idea since Shocker is a little UP compared to other classes. 2000 or 2500 shield would be nice but 20000 or 25000 shield would make shocker the ultimate tank and very OP.

Flag Post

Anyone remember before you could buy weapons? What happened to all those weapons that were not used by the new classes? Were they scrapped?

I think that for more variety, all chassis’ should come with a optional third weapon. The optional weapon is predetermined. Everyone gets that same extra weapon for that certain chassis. Each chassis would have a an extra weapons specific to that chassis. Out of 3 total weapons, 2 belonging to that class and 1 belonging to the chassis, you could choose two to equip. You’d have to equip it in the armory on the main screen, like before. By default, everyone equips the standard weapons. They can equip the third weapon in place of their primary or secondary weapon if they choose.

For example: Utility Chassis

The Tech has a healing gun and a pulser. The shocker has a lightning gun and orb caster. They both can choose to swap out one of their weapons for a Sonic Disruptor. So a possible layout or a tech could be a healing gun and sonic disruptor. For the shocker, lightning gun and sonic disruptor.

What do ya think?

Flag Post

TROPA, both of those issues have already been addressed by FRG. The weapons that were not used will be incorporated into the other classes that they are currently working on. And, as for the classes being able to switch weapons, FRG has said multiple times that they do not plan on going back to a system like that because it is too difficult to balance.

Flag Post

Mega damage should be nerfed. It should be something that still makes the player struggle to win in a straight fight, because getting it isn’t much of a struggle and it’s more effective than heal/bomb pickups since it lasts longer. I also think it’s annoying how classes with burst damage weapons give an enemy no time to react because of the quick damage/lag.

Flag Post

MD is fine, just becomes OP with Blasters.

Suggestions

Gunner: Balanced very nicely

Blazer: Balanced, but maybe could exchange some damage from the flamethrower for a little extra movement speed in the air.

Tank: Everything but the neutron shell is perfectly fine. Neutron shell makes it a necessary class to win in a competent game, unless everyone decides to be awesome and go all scout or all gunner (all scout and all gunner games are fun as hell).

I say make the neutron shell way way way more susceptible to damage, so it can’t be spammed like it is. I recommend making it last 10 seconds, but give it a health bar, like 7500 health. That way a single tank can’t can’t just pop the shield and storm a CP and win.

Blaster: Well balanced at close range, but OP at long. I think reducing the damage of the rockets by 25%, but slightly increasing the chance to stun should fix it. Right now, each rocket does 600 Dmg regularly, which is 1/2 a railgun shot. But the fact that it is practically unavoidable make it worse. Basically, you cannot win against 2 Blasters who aren’t new.

Assassin: Balanced very well. Needs no buffs at all. Extremely lethal at close range, and decent at long range. Needler doesn’t need any buffs, but it shouldnt replace knife poison.

Scout: Balanced for the most part. The submachine gun is fine. The sword, though, needs a little fixing. The chop is fine, but the regular dash should do 50% the damage it does. Also, the bomb, as unique of an idea as it is, could be replaced by something else that doesn’t make fights as one-sided.
Ideas:
Dark bomb: reduces visibility of enemy by 50%, no Dmg
Precision bomb: Bomb fires in a straight line, and travels a short distance before exploding. (distance about the width of the base barrier in moon base). Damage is 200, and it sets the enemy on fire, but speeds up their movement.
Not really good ideas, but seems to me they might blanche scouts a little more. These are in addition to the sword dash nerf.

Tech: Balanced well. Pulser is far stronger than people realize, and so are the supressors.

Shocker: Needs a buff. Lightning gun should act exactly like healing beam from tech, not needing to reload. Shield repair speed should Be a little faster. More mobility, and more health as well. The aegis is in need of no buffs. If it got any buffs, it would be impossible to beat in shuttle with an army of them.

Those are my ideas. It seems people don’t take into consideration what would happen if a swarm of a certain class were to firm, and they only base suggestions off of a single unit of that class.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Map hazards!!! Those would be hilarious, like a stun pad or lasers in the air that set people on fire. Yeah….

Flag Post

This is less of a suggestion and more of a notice.

Lately in the furoms I haven’t been seeing people complain about team balancing (I’ve been inactive for a bit due to messed up internet, whenever I went to the webpage it would crash my browser). Now idk if I was unlucky but in the only game out of all the servers I got this….

Now I know what your thinking, ‘Thats not so bad, I mean only 100 or so points in it.’ Heres the thing guys, it is. Now this game was a big shitfight for me to try and get heaps of kills for a catch up and still keep a decent K/D. Now the best class to do that with is the gunner (imo) so here I was running around and getting burnt the shit out of (due to the gunners shatter bomb and blazers crazy short range dmg I don’t tend to get many snipers) and so was my team. Now just for a little reference….

Both teams had a feeder.

There teams left really early on (at about 1-5)
Ours left at around 0-9.

Now that on its own is alright, I can’t really blame you guys for that, I mean, its not your fault if people don’t perform. HOWEVER what annoyed me is the biggest dilemma in this game….

Its the simple problem of quantity vs quality.

Back in the day we had a problem, it tended to be 3 lfts and maybe a SgM vs 8 or so SgM or lessers. Now in a KotH game this was actually pretty even (due to respawns) but not very fun (for the 8 man team). But then the respawns unbalanced it because it was really a 3 v 5 or so since the lfts were killing them faster then they could respawn. This lead to a patch which put evenly balanced teams numbers wise over elo wise.

Now we have this problem, if a game started as mine did (I had a sgt, me and two PFC’s vs a Col, a cpl and a 2 sgts) the game would’ve been even and then all would’ve been well. However due to people coming and going as they please the lft was caught on the cols team (who were winning, but only by 50 and I was coming back) neckminute I look at the kill feed and the flamer got a quad. From there we were doomed, and then canofworms joined there team only making things more bleak for us. We lost convincingly.

In the end what I’m saying is that this game is doomed if you do and doomed if you don’t from a balancing perspective.

TL;DR (and proposal)

Heres what I suggest.

Add a strike system like in LoL, after 3 put a penalty on (maybe 5m ban?)
Make the balancing for TDM based on K/D rather then elo.
Really really push for this game to get on steam (Ik your trying hard, but this is the only way we’ll get a bigger income for the game and a larger playerbase, thus better balancing).

On another note is it just me or do assassins pretty much one shot you? Its like the scouts in the olden days, if they get near you, you die (as a gunner). Maybe this guy was hacking, maybe the assassin just destroys but the fact that it can pump out that huge short term damage (the whatever it is thats one shotting) and long term (poisen dmg starts dealing 200dmg at 2nd stack) dmg makes it really, really powerful.

Flag Post

I’m not going to quote Sizrek’s post, because it’s waaaaaay too long. :3

Gunner: Ditto
Blazer: Nah, it’s fine, really. If you really want more damage, add it to the heat ray.
Tank: Instead of the health bar, i think we should just decrease it’s time…by a lot…really. Maybe decrease the cooldown?
Blaster: Please don’t add stun chance. Please. Just make the rockets slower projectiles and it’ll be fine.
Assassin: I might be a whee bias about this, but i think the needlers should be a bit buffed. Maybe decrease the poison (since who uses the needlers as a poison weapon) and add its range and damage? (Also, as Sizrek said, the poison from the needlers shouldn’t replace the knife poison)
Scout: The sword is fine, in my opinion. But, the bomb is actually a good idea. (even though it is op) I think it maybe should reduce targeting in some way? Or otherwise, reduce targeting for both teams.
Tech: Ditto
Shocker: Instead of a health buff, (since the point of shocker is shields) i think the shocker’s shields (max) should be increased. The aegis should not let anyone in, cause a tank/assassin/scout could come in and murder it in a few shots.
Map hazards? Yesssss :3
BTW, i think freerangegames should put in a assist thingy-magig. You heard of getting assists in other shooters, right? Since techs and shockers don’t really do the dirty work, they don’t get assists, even though they are a crucial part of the team. Assists show value and importance in people. :3

Flag Post

^ Lol, sorry bout the uber long post. All the stuff you said I like, ESPECIALLY the tank shield time reduction. But the blazer doesn’t need any more Dmg, maybe some more defense. And I guess a slight needled but (like increased projectile speed) would be nice.

@basicbasic
Assassins have a special combo that can kill almost anything in 2 seconds or less. It’s the Knyphoon-“melee”- ambush blades combo. It is the new nemesis of gunners, believe me. Most assassins can do this combo, but very skilled ones can do it in the air (like Phag and…idk who else, no notable ones raided Phag.)

But here it is for your intro into the new assassin world:
Combo- Use ambush blades engaged. Takes at least a fourth of shields. Use Knyphoon. Removes all shields most of the time. End it with the “melee,” which does a HUGE amount of damage if you are being poisoned of being attacked at that moment.
Ask any decent assassin who knows this, and they will concur that it kills in less than 2 seconds. And as I said, pros can do it in the air, but on the ground, almost everyone. I highly doubt hacks, because no one as far as anyone knows truly hacked this game. But you just have to get used to the new stuff.

Flag Post

Oh, last thing basic. Assassins SUCK in the air, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want pratical immunity to assassins, just use scout and keep flying. Assassins are a lot weaker than you think. Aside from ambushes, they cant really win unless it is against a utility class or another assassin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

This is less of a suggestion and more of a notice.

Lately in the furoms I haven’t been seeing people complain about team balancing (I’ve been inactive for a bit due to messed up internet, whenever I went to the webpage it would crash my browser). Now idk if I was unlucky but in the only game out of all the servers I got this….

Now I know what your thinking, ‘Thats not so bad, I mean only 100 or so points in it.’ Heres the thing guys, it is. Now this game was a big shitfight for me to try and get heaps of kills for a catch up and still keep a decent K/D. Now the best class to do that with is the gunner (imo) so here I was running around and getting burnt the shit out of (due to the gunners shatter bomb and blazers crazy short range dmg I don’t tend to get many snipers) and so was my team. Now just for a little reference….

Both teams had a feeder.

There teams left really early on (at about 1-5)
Ours left at around 0-9.

Now that on its own is alright, I can’t really blame you guys for that, I mean, its not your fault if people don’t perform. HOWEVER what annoyed me is the biggest dilemma in this game….

Its the simple problem of quantity vs quality.

Back in the day we had a problem, it tended to be 3 lfts and maybe a SgM vs 8 or so SgM or lessers. Now in a KotH game this was actually pretty even (due to respawns) but not very fun (for the 8 man team). But then the respawns unbalanced it because it was really a 3 v 5 or so since the lfts were killing them faster then they could respawn. This lead to a patch which put evenly balanced teams numbers wise over elo wise.

Now we have this problem, if a game started as mine did (I had a sgt, me and two PFC’s vs a Col, a cpl and a 2 sgts) the game would’ve been even and then all would’ve been well. However due to people coming and going as they please the lft was caught on the cols team (who were winning, but only by 50 and I was coming back) neckminute I look at the kill feed and the flamer got a quad. From there we were doomed, and then canofworms joined there team only making things more bleak for us. We lost convincingly.

In the end what I’m saying is that this game is doomed if you do and doomed if you don’t from a balancing perspective.

TL;DR (and proposal)

Heres what I suggest.

Add a strike system like in LoL, after 3 put a penalty on (maybe 5m ban?)
Make the balancing for TDM based on K/D rather then elo.
Really really push for this game to get on steam (Ik your trying hard, but this is the only way we’ll get a bigger income for the game and a larger playerbase, thus better balancing).

On another note is it just me or do assassins pretty much one shot you? Its like the scouts in the olden days, if they get near you, you die (as a gunner). Maybe this guy was hacking, maybe the assassin just destroys but the fact that it can pump out that huge short term damage (the whatever it is thats one shotting) and long term (poisen dmg starts dealing 200dmg at 2nd stack) dmg makes it really, really powerful.

The balancing really needs work, and you are right, you were doomed when I joined (Just kidding). However, I couldn’t understand the strike system (I don’t play LoL). I’d make a balancing system with ranks. So a PFC will count 0.5, while a Maj counts 1.5 and a Gen counts 2.0 people count. The team system will try to balance the people count with rank multipliers, not a pure counting like it is now. So 3 generals will equal 4 majors. You can decide how much each rank will count.

Flag Post

Not gonna quote either charlie’s or siz’s posts, but:

Blaster: I agree with a tad bit of a rocket nerf. Tracking plus high dmg and long range makes them a pain.

Tank: Bubble is what makes the tank a viable class. They’ve already nerfed the bubble quite a bit, however, I would like to be able to compare it with charlie’s idea of decreasing it’s active duration and it’s cooldown.

Scout: Saber dash is alright for me. Personally, I think a 50% damage reduction would make the scout a lot less of a viable class when compared to the assassin. If FRG was to decrease the damage of the dash, it should be decreased by 15% at most.

Assassin: Needler’s are pretty much there for a little extra poison, your melee should really be your main weapon. They do indeed not fare well in the air, however the dps they can pull off in a matter of seconds balances that out.

Tech: Still awesome :3 (R.I.P. Standard kick…) Although I would like to be able to put my suppressor anywhere I like inside the shuttle again, not just on the floor and the netting on the ceiling.

Shocker: Aegis that doesn’t let enemies in would be pretty OP. If the aegis would slow enemies inside of it, that would be just fine for me. I also think it should amplify the range of the lightning gun a bit more than it does currently. As for the lightning gun itself, it really shouldn’t work exactly like repair beam. It can heal team shields while damaging enemies. I agree with the shield repair speed being slightly faster. I also think that the arc that it fires at should be increased by 5-15 more degrees. On part of mobility: I’m an ancient tech and I know how to get around fairly well, so I can’t say anything about that.

Flag Post

i agree with alot of people, buyable weapons skins and generally more customization will improve this game alot.
new maps with more scenery and buildings will make players be more stratigic about what they do.

Flag Post

I agree with you gex. On scout, shocker…well, everything. Just a few ideas:

Scout saber dash us pretty OP, if you think of the class how it is described. It is meant for aerial combat, and dogfighting, not really up close fighting. The dash I believe makes it OP, since it adds extra utility for the class. It does a large chunk of damage at a relatively fast rate, and added with te mobility makes it OP. I think if the dash Dmg were reduced by 30%, this is what might happen:
Less people use scouts on scout day ( 70% of people use scout on scout day: annoying as hell); it would also emphasize the role of scouts staying at a distance. Range should be it’s strong point, just like close combat is assassins weakpoint. Therefore, close combat should be it’s weakpoint, like range is assassin weakpoint.
Coming from a scout user

Blaster….less Dmg yeah

Tank: Should be fixed like scout was a few months ago; old players remember when scouts had the uber duration super turbo? Had long cooldown, but OP as he’ll while in effect. FRG fixed it perfectly by making it less effective, and lower duration, but more frequent use.
Just like this, shield should be weaker and have a shorter duration, but a shorter cooldown as well. This would make it good for escapes and short ambushes only, and not as a “sigle tank shows up on non-tank day and wins because of invincibility and high DPS combo.” Or the NB could be removed, I wouldn’t mind that…hehe

Shocker needs those buffs GEX said. Invincibility is insane in such a fast game with such a long duration, and therefore should be used occasionally, not constantly. Neutron shell and NB too…man.

With that said, all other classes seems very well thought through and balanced. Nice blend of DoT Dmg and burst damage, range and melee, and trolling capabilities. Just a few tweaks here and there and it will be all good….

Flag Post

Buff The Assassin’s Needlers.

Option #1: Buff the Needlers’ Fire rate to 200%, even when scoped/holding right click.

Option #2: Keep the Needlers’ Fire rate the way it is, and buff it’s Poison damage to a little over 2 times the damage is now.

Flag Post

Team balancing is made more difficult by the presence of alts. One way to combat this would be to create incentives for playing/leveling one character. Perhaps the Cash reward system could have a graded pay scale so your pay for winning would be increased if you were playing with a higher rank.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jesus____Christ:

Team balancing is made more difficult by the presence of alts. One way to combat this would be to create incentives for playing/leveling one character. Perhaps the Cash reward system could have a graded pay scale so your pay for winning would be increased if you were playing with a higher rank.

Alts are for nubs anyway. Unless you’ve been banned on kong then theres no point in making one.

Flag Post

^ Not true necessarily. People (including me) made Alts on FRG’s website (I’m assuming you don’t know about it since you returned recently; it’s www.freefalltournament.com).
Making Alts in general isn’t really a problem, unless you are a hardcore PC gamer with everything leveled up. For the casual gamer, Alts aren’t a problem. Just my opinion.

And at some post I don’t feel like quoting:
Assassin needs no buffs at all. It insta kills at close range, and can randomly sentence an enemy at range to death with the guns (randomly cause very high ticks). Once you get owned by a pro assassin like Phag, you will realize it is balanced. Now scout and blaster and tank…those need nerfs. And Shocker needs buffs (not many though, I think increasing shield repair speed slightly should suffice. Their mines pretty much compensate (almost).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

^ Not true necessarily. People (including me) made Alts on FRG’s website (I’m assuming you don’t know about it since you returned recently; it’s www.freefalltournament.com).
Making Alts in general isn’t really a problem, unless you are a hardcore PC gamer with everything leveled up. For the casual gamer, Alts aren’t a problem. Just my opinion.

And at some post I don’t feel like quoting:
Assassin needs no buffs at all. It insta kills at close range, and can randomly sentence an enemy at range to death with the guns (randomly cause very high ticks). Once you get owned by a pro assassin like Phag, you will realize it is balanced. Now scout and blaster and tank…those need nerfs. And Shocker needs buffs (not many though, I think increasing shield repair speed slightly should suffice. Their mines pretty much compensate (almost).

I know about it and that is an exclusion (devs should’ve made the accounts link to kong), despite popular belief I have been following the game, just not playing it as much and not at the times in which most Americans/Europeans play at.

Even so, its better to spend more time playing on kong (for leaderboards, chat room and recognition) then fft.com

Flag Post

Change the tank Q skill. Right now it lasts 8 seconds. Make that 6 seconds and make the cooldown %25 shorter, so it would be used more frequently but have less power. Right now it is OP in capturing. Just use Q skill and your enemy will either die or have to escape.

Also, bring detailed explanations to guns like this in the armory:

Damage per bullet: (The damage each hit deals)
Bullet per second: (The firerate, high for machine guns, low for melee guns.)
Bullet speed: (Instant for lasers, slow for HMG. Write “melee” for melees.)
Range: (Bullet range, target locking range. Write “melee” for melees.)
Specials: (Healing, R skills, alternative alt fires, homing capabilities, DOTs)

Also for classes:

HP: 3000?
Shield:1500?
Speed: 26.9 mph on ground, 69.7 on air?
Jetpack: Low thrust power, 3 second thrust, %25 charge per second? (Also add the explanation “Chargeable” for tank jetpack)
Armor calculation: %30?

Flag Post

Well while people are talking about balancing I’ll throw my hat in the ring:
Scout: The saber may be a tad strong, although the scout was meant to be high DPS and low health so I can see either side justified. What I would really like to see is the smoke bomb nerfed. Anything from nerfing the carrying limit, duration, and/or having scout not being able to lock on either could all make it much more reasonable.
Assassin: Was hard to figure out what should be done with him; but I think that the damage should be sort of ‘balanced’. By that I mean competent assassins deal a ridiculous amount of damage while all others are essentially just fodder. Make it so that the top ones can’t quite kill things within 2 seconds but at the same time make it so that the new assassins don’t just die repeatedly.
Tech: Hard to say, most of the good ones are gone leaving only the ones camp and/or die repeatedly. Give them a small mobility boost or something maybe?
Shocker: I still hate stun…but it does seem to balance them somewhat better. Still think that the whole premise behind the shocker is flawed: he heals a very small pool of shield, which regenerates anyway. Vs. tech who heals a large pool of health that doesn’t regenerate. I think his role might just need to be thought out some more before changes are made.
Gunner: It might be the lag allowing people to hit me further away, but the AR seems like it’s a little more powerful than it should be when locked on. Seems OK for the most part right now though.
Blazer: Flamethrower could use a slight nerf and maybe have burn stack a little slower. I can’t imagine metal suits would catch on fire after being exposed to fire for half a second…
Blaster: Same opinion as everyone else; the rockets need to be nerfed some. Also, perhaps a little light on the HUD that tells you when rockets are following you?
Tank: Everyone has been hating on the bubble since the game was released. It has been undergone quite a few changes since then. What you have to remember is that tanks can be caught up to by a competent player of every class. They kind of need something that can actually do them good for more than a few seconds. Having less time makes it feel useless. Having it susceptible to damage (which was already tried) is a very hard thing to balance. In heated games the shield would disappear literally within a second of using it and in normal fights it did not make as much of a difference as people would have liked. If it does get a nerf I would like a buff to agility such as re-lowering the comet rush cooldown. Also, just my personal quarrel; I still find the mauler to be useless. I use it for literally one thing, which is destroying aegis. Although it’s so much a part of the tank I doubt anything will be done about it, and short of swapping it out I’m not really sure what would make the tank’s secondary weapon more useful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

Well while people are talking about balancing I’ll throw my hat in the ring:
Scout: The saber may be a tad strong, although the scout was meant to be high DPS and low health so I can see either side justified. What I would really like to see is the smoke bomb nerfed. Anything from nerfing the carrying limit, duration, and/or having scout not being able to lock on either could all make it much more reasonable.
Assassin: Was hard to figure out what should be done with him; but I think that the damage should be sort of ‘balanced’. By that I mean competent assassins deal a ridiculous amount of damage while all others are essentially just fodder. Make it so that the top ones can’t quite kill things within 2 seconds but at the same time make it so that the new assassins don’t just die repeatedly.
Tech: Hard to say, most of the good ones are gone leaving only the ones camp and/or die repeatedly. Give them a small mobility boost or something maybe?
Shocker: I still hate stun…but it does seem to balance them somewhat better. Still think that the whole premise behind the shocker is flawed: he heals a very small pool of shield, which regenerates anyway. Vs. tech who heals a large pool of health that doesn’t regenerate. I think his role might just need to be thought out some more before changes are made.
Gunner: It might be the lag allowing people to hit me further away, but the AR seems like it’s a little more powerful than it should be when locked on. Seems OK for the most part right now though.
Blazer: Flamethrower could use a slight nerf and maybe have burn stack a little slower. I can’t imagine metal suits would catch on fire after being exposed to fire for half a second…
Blaster: Same opinion as everyone else; the rockets need to be nerfed some. Also, perhaps a little light on the HUD that tells you when rockets are following you?
Tank: Everyone has been hating on the bubble since the game was released. It has been undergone quite a few changes since then. What you have to remember is that tanks can be caught up to by a competent player of every class. They kind of need something that can actually do them good for more than a few seconds. Having less time makes it feel useless. Having it susceptible to damage (which was already tried) is a very hard thing to balance. In heated games the shield would disappear literally within a second of using it and in normal fights it did not make as much of a difference as people would have liked. If it does get a nerf I would like a buff to agility such as re-lowering the comet rush cooldown. Also, just my personal quarrel; I still find the mauler to be useless. I use it for literally one thing, which is destroying aegis. Although it’s so much a part of the tank I doubt anything will be done about it, and short of swapping it out I’m not really sure what would make the tank’s secondary weapon more useful.

About the mauler part for the tank, the mauler is useful to kill other people in close range (especially scouts, assassins and other tanks) and shielding (alt-fire). Also: IF there is a nerf in flamethrower for blazer, nobody will play it. People play with it just for the flamethrower. People should avoid fighting with blazers in close range.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

About the mauler part for the tank, the mauler is useful to kill other people in close range (especially scouts, assassins and other tanks) and shielding (alt-fire). Also: IF there is a nerf in flamethrower for blazer, nobody will play it. People play with it just for the flamethrower. People should avoid fighting with blazers in close range.

As I said, it’s my personal quarrel. I’m well aware of what it is and what it can do, I’ve been tanking since shortly after the game was released in April. As for the blazer, it’s a slight nerf. At the moment people play it (and blaster with the rocket launcher) and simply run in using the FT to get a kill or two before dying. Much like when the shotgun was horribly overpowered; the fact that multitudes of people are spamming it without any real strategy means that there is a balancing issue.