Suggestion Box page 40

3307 posts

Flag Post

It would be cool if there were game modes that were not 99% combat orientated. Blowing peoples brains out is fun, but it gets to repetitious. It drags on to the point where I get bored and stop playing for months at a time. This is my play history, no joke: Play about 30 minutes a day for a period of about 30 days, stop playing for a month, play 30 minutes a day for a period of about 30 days again, stop playing for 2 months, play about 15 minutes a day for a period of 20 days, stop playing for a month, and then now, play a maximum of 1 round every other week.
I HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS GAME BECAUSE IT IS TOO REPITITOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could play all day without getting bored, but the repetitious layout of this game makes it impossible. You could add game modes were combat only slows your opponent in reaching a different goal (not to keep them away from a CP or flag, cuz that just puts everyone in a death trap) A game mode in which combat is not necessary, but is useful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 300fans:

It would be cool if there were game modes that were not 99% combat orientated. Blowing peoples brains out is fun, but it gets to repetitious. It drags on to the point where I get bored and stop playing for months at a time. This is my play history, no joke: Play about 30 minutes a day for a period of about 30 days, stop playing for a month, play 30 minutes a day for a period of about 30 days again, stop playing for 2 months, play about 15 minutes a day for a period of 20 days, stop playing for a month, and then now, play a maximum of 1 round every other week.
I HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS GAME BECAUSE IT IS TOO REPITITOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could play all day without getting bored, but the repetitious layout of this game makes it impossible. You could add game modes were combat only slows your opponent in reaching a different goal (not to keep them away from a CP or flag, cuz that just puts everyone in a death trap) A game mode in which combat is not necessary, but is useful.

So… You want a 3PS Tetris?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 300fans:

This game is in beta, frg can’t add weapons, classes, and maps every day. Be patient

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Thats already on the way (look at the steam thing).

… I realize that basic. In fact, Djinn just said that. You’ll notice if you read carefully I was just answering rja’s question.

Just said that on another thread. Also you said it as a statement, no quotes, no ‘@rja’ or anything like that.

Originally posted by rja12:

… I realize that basic. In fact, Djinn just said that. You’ll notice if you read carefully I was just answering rja’s question.

Basic is too busy going in EVERY SINGLE THREAD posting that he dosent notice what people are putting. I think you should stop trying to post in every single thread and stop trying to be a thread mod or something. Just slow down basic.

I am slow. I only post around twice a day. Also that was the discussion was at the top of the thread on the last page. By the time I read the thread it was already long gone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

Basic is too busy going in EVERY SINGLE THREAD posting that he dosent notice what people are putting. I think you should stop trying to post in every single thread and stop trying to be a thread mod or something. Just slow down basic.

I agree.

Flag Post

i think there should be a nerf to tech heal ability because this tech spam shit is simply unbalanced when it comes to capture point maps like shuttle bay. my idea is to make it so targets can only be affected by one heal beam i.e. if there are 2 techs, 2 turrets, and a gunner and the 2 techs are using heal beams then only one of the heal beams is healing the targets it is hitting, making it so the other techs heal beam does nothing. i say this because frankly 2 techs is bad enough but when anyone has to go up against more then that it would require nothing short of a damn mega damage buffed shotgun toting gunner(or mega damage buffed sniper) to break that formation and its simply too much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Resgrath:

i think there should be a nerf to tech heal ability because this tech spam shit is simply unbalanced when it comes to capture point maps like shuttle bay. my idea is to make it so targets can only be affected by one heal beam i.e. if there are 2 techs, 2 turrets, and a gunner and the 2 techs are using heal beams then only one of the heal beams is healing the targets it is hitting, making it so the other techs heal beam does nothing. i say this because frankly 2 techs is bad enough but when anyone has to go up against more then that it would require nothing short of a damn mega damage buffed shotgun toting gunner(or mega damage buffed sniper) to break that formation and its simply too much.

You can always snipe them, but that does require quite a bit of co-ordination (getting teammates to do so, aiming at the same guy, blah blah blah). Tanks can’t really break it, neither can other techs. But scouts can but a large dent in it.

Flag Post

Please make a optional downloadable game version for windows. It will be more efficient than running it true web browser. Awesome game guys but the sound track is not to overwhelming.

Flag Post

Steam Version! Thats IT!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TomS92:

Steam Version! Thats IT!

FFT is trying to get on steam, please help it get on steam. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by TomS92:

Steam Version! Thats IT!

FFT is trying to get on steam, please help it get on steam. :)

i would rather like a normal download link on maybe official page for this game

Flag Post

You know what this game needs? It needs permanent boosts! I need to do some 10% more damage! Also they need to lower prices on guns. If that means nerfing some gun stats, then do that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EpicnessIsHere:

You know what this game needs? It needs permanent boosts! I need to do some 10% more damage! Also they need to lower prices on guns. If that means nerfing some gun stats, then do that.

No.

Eventually there will be armor you can buy. That will give you your boosts.

Flag Post

I’ll try to make this suggestion quick.

Tech: Needs slight weapons buff (except for pulser and sonic cannon). Not 100% necessary IMO, but whatever.

Gunner/Scout: Gunner v Scout matchups are usually determined by who sees who first. Mainly when the gunner has the OP shotgun of ultimate doom, and the scout has the trolltastic flare gun of trolling. Easy fix:

Gunner- Cut the shotgun damage in half, OR Reduce the effective range to 1/3 itts current range (lock on range). It is a shotgun after all.

To compromise:
Scout- Take away the stun from the flare gun. As fun as it is, it just ruins the game for people. I am decent with it, and it cuts the flow from many players. Only take stun off if gunner gets nerfed though.

These surely will make the game better for players? Btw, flare gun combos easily destroy gunners, when they shouldn’t.

Ex: Flare, valtech, flare, flare, valtech, chop. Works every time, especially on elliewoods

On a random note, I might upload videos of me scouting. Maybe, but I suck, so whatever. Any ideas on the suggestions? It would take away much player frustration on the receiving end of the weapons.

Flag Post

After a certain rank. Auto lock should be taken away from you.

Flag Post

horrible idea

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glock243:
Originally posted by EpicnessIsHere:

No.

Eventually there will be armor you can buy. That will give you your boosts.

EpicnessIsHere and Glock have something in common! glock posted about skill trees, and epicnessishere posted about permanent boost. surprised they didn’t agree, but you know what they have in common? they’re both bad OP suggestions!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glock243:

After a certain rank. Auto lock should be taken away from you.

… Why?

Flag Post

from “Tiny recommendation?” thread

Sizrek:

First off, I want to say this is coming from a perso who hasn’t played this in 4 months (since July), so here’s my perspective on things:

Balance is almost perfect. All of the weapons are relatively fair in my opinion. The gunner’s shotgun I could argue about, b/c it had stun, long range for a shotgun, and kills a scout in 4 shots stunlocking, but it gives gunners a fighting chance against us trolls.

Observations:
New map. Awesome!
Mega damage is hilarious, just getting it and one hit killing people. Love that addition.

To me, this game seems perfectly balanced. I play as a scout, so that’s from that perspective. I tried tank, and it was awesome with the uber shield: Tech was same as always, and gunners still kick ass with full auto AR.

ONLy potential issues:
Gunner shotgun COULD get a nerf, because it does stunlock and kills scouts in 4 shots. It does give them a chance though.

Possibly increase the power of tech’s weapons and in turn decrease the healing beam and Supressor power but increase spreader health. Literally a team of techs and tanks at CP is unstoppable without a clear plan. I do feel that techs need weapon upgrades though, but without making them too OP nerfing the healing and/or supressor Dmg as well. Just throwing out ideas.

Scouts seem fine, troll gun is great.

Tanks are excellent, and their shield is STILL insane. In a good way though.

Also I heard something about new classes? Idk, jar pointing out my observations. Game seems almost perfect tho interns of balance

Dual_Smoke:

Well, there really are 2 different levels of balance you have to think of:

First, is it fun for casual gamers?
Second, is it fun for competitive gamers (potentially interested in long-term team rankings, etc)?

For the Casual gamers, this game is very well balanced. But without a large population, there really aren’t any casual gamers. We have people who have been playing for a long time, and new people who are only trying the game on for size before moving on. There are no intermediates anymore.

That being said, as to the competitive (“hardcore”) gamers:

Mega Damage is too much; the focus of the game becomes who can get mega damage the “firstest and the mostest”. Do I need to buy a cooldown timer so I can see when the buff is back up? I mean come on, really? Chop/kick/bomb 1 shots a tank?

Shotgun is ridiculous, but this has already been addressed. I’d say scale it’s damage down SIGNIFICANTLY by range, but keep the stun.

Hail Raiser seems pretty decent, don’t really see a need to change it. Everyone knows SMG is the scout v. scout weapon; flaregun has trouble hitting scouts sometimes, but no one complains about buffing it’s projectile velocity.

Minigun doesn’t see much action these days, but I don’t know if that’s necessarily evidence for it needing a buff.

Plasma Gun could use a nerf, I’d agree with that. Such precision/damage/range/rate-of-fire is kind of overpowering. Not a HUGE priority though.

In regards to tech:

Suppressor: Leave it, except I would argue for a new mechanic to replace Shockwave

Repair Beam: I’ve been advocating this for years; the solution is reduce the repair beam healing on all techs to the rate that it is for the USER. So it would be 5/10 crits instead of 20/40 crits. Then the tech would need a major buff to balance out the fact that its survivability just hit big time (tech spam wouldn’t be very effective with this nerf). I have always argued for an armor buff, but at this point FRG doesn’t seem likely to implement the modest 10% that I originally suggested. Perhaps a 5%…I don’t know.

Ion Rifle: I like the idea of a slight damage buff (no change to the current damage vs. shields, though. Maybe scale down the increased damage vs. shields (Ion Rifle’s special) to account for the extra base damage), but also give it a debuff when it starts to damage an enemies health. My suggestion:
Irradiated: enemy target deals 25% less damage for 5 seconds.

Orb Caster: I don’t feel like this needs a buff. It’s a very situational weapon, and definitely not for consistent use in a tech’s weapon setup. But I’m pretty confident that this is a weapon that has enormous potential if used correctly.

Sonic Disruptor: Awesome, as noted.

basicbasic:

Pad, Dj, Dot (doesn’t have it but has the funds to get it) and I all have the minigun and don’t use it. That is easily enough evidence. Especially since me and Dj use HMG over it.

Djinn99:

I actually don’t have the minigun (although I also have the cash to buy it), but I do think it needs a buff. Partially because when weapons were first announced I was extremely excited at the thought of a rapid fire weapon that could hit the other classes while they were moving (since the HMG lacked greatly in this area before its buff). But as I have said before; right now it is essentially just a weak version of the flamethrower. I think the damage is about right for it (haven’t used it to know if the range is as well, but it seems about fine), but it needs something else. What that something else is though, it’s hard to say; perhaps a (very) slight push effect with each shot to move enemies? Augment its damage so that it damages shields more than it damages health? Maybe have it shoot a rocket at the end of its clip or something interesting like that? It’s up to the devs to decide, I won’t stop using my HMG for it because the HMG has the best range of all the tank weapons, but I wouldn’t mind having a weapon that could be interchangeable with my flamethrower.

Pad:

i agree with djin about the minigun, the ending rocket is rly a good idea, i like it

basicbasic:

Oh sorry dj…. I must have confused your loadout with koj’s (he used minigun/flame early on). I mainly think it needs a small range increase… this in turn will nerf the flame as it now has a counter (minigun used to be able to counter flame) and will give the tank an option of a long, med and short ranged weapon.

Also M_Sixteen has the minigun and never uses it.

Dual_Smoke:

Personally I think the Minigun needs a mechanic that would make it unique.

A mid-range weapon would be nice, but does the MG’s dps match up with the HMG’s? Because if it can’t beat the HMG, why should it be used at all?

gexsiun:

Yeah, a range buff for the mini would be good for it. It could become the tank’s long range weapon. As for the plasma pistol, it needs a little nerf. Perhaps a slightly lower max damage or a minimum charge value. As for a repair beam nerf, I say there needs to be some changes, but not too drastic. Perhaps as more heal beams are added to a target, the less effective they become instead of flat out nerfing the heal rate. For the suppressor, I agree with DS, damage is fine and the shockwave needs a MAJOR change.

Flag Post

reduce the damage and range of the shotgun its ridiculous. The flamethrower needs a downgrade also.

Flag Post

A mid-range weapon would be nice, but does the MG’s dps match up with the HMG’s? Because if it can’t beat the HMG, why should it be used at all?

It would beat it in different circumstances.

For example, it would be more accurate long range, but less DPS. Around the same mid range, and more dmg close range (people with the minigun will notice it does more dmg close range).

Flag Post

Can you remove or make swapping automated? Right now its really bad and does absolutely nothing to help the game. Or at least its benefits are greatly outweighed by its losses.

Flag Post

Make in lunar map several times slower capture times so games end up lasting like other maps so people will stop ruining game for others with their cash flow.

Flag Post

Can you remove or make swapping automated? Right now its really bad and does absolutely nothing to help the game. Or at least its benefits are greatly outweighed by its losses.

Mine is delayed so when i try to finish a scout with dope saber dash i have to wait a extra second, and by then they already got to base, or i’m dead.

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

Make in lunar map several times slower capture times so games end up lasting like other maps so people will stop ruining game for others with their cash flow.

Just kill them.