Suggestion Box page 42 (locked)

3336 posts

Flag Post

When is update?

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I think the gunner shotgun getting nerfed is awesome, for obvious reasons. I don’t see a problem with any other weapon though. Scout weapons may seem powerful only because you can’t retaliate clearly. They don’t do as muchdmg as you think. Tank weapons may seem powerful because they are kickass, but designed for short range which makes up for it. Tech weapons may seem op, but that is only if you get orb swarmed or SE stunned, both of which have short range.

Only possible other changes I can see are reducing the flamethrower’s range to what you can actually see (it does reach further than the animation). Also, taking off the stun from flare gun? Any opinions on that? I would support it.

I didn’t want to sound like a hater but flaregun seems a little more powerful then it should be. It can kill a shotgunner so ya its pretty powerful if it can beat a OP weapon if used correctly.

Nah, you dont sound like a hater lol. But i agree, flaregun is pretty powerful is used correctly. I have been able to take out shotgun gunners with my flare stun-bomb-no stun flare-flare stun-bomb-chop-kick combo, and even tanks.

I suggest either COMPLETELY removing all of the damage of the flare gun (or make each shot pathetically weak), and keep the stun to emphasize its role as a support weapon.
Having a Purely stunning weapon i think would be best.

Heres my suggetion:
Double flare bullet speed.
Remove ALL damage from the gun.

What do you guys think about that?

Flag Post

I think the gunner shotgun getting nerfed is awesome, for obvious reasons. I don’t see a problem with any other weapon though. Scout weapons may seem powerful only because you can’t retaliate clearly. They don’t do as muchdmg as you think. Tank weapons may seem powerful because they are kickass, but designed for short range which makes up for it. Tech weapons may seem op, but that is only if you get orb swarmed or SE stunned, both of which have short range.

Only possible other changes I can see are reducing the flamethrower’s range to what you can actually see (it does reach further than the animation). Also, taking off the stun from flare gun? Any opinions on that? I would support it.

I didn’t want to sound like a hater but flaregun seems a little more powerful then it should be. It can kill a shotgunner so ya its pretty powerful if it can beat a OP weapon if used correctly.

Nah, you dont sound like a hater lol. But i agree, flaregun is pretty powerful is used correctly. I have been able to take out shotgun gunners with my flare stun-bomb-no stun flare-flare stun-bomb-chop-kick combo, and even tanks.

I suggest either COMPLETELY removing all of the damage of the flare gun (or make each shot pathetically weak), and keep the stun to emphasize its role as a support weapon.

Heres my suggetion:

Sure, i don’t use Flaregun so idc ether way. :P

Flag Post

Scout isn’t a support class though. As I have advocated in other threads, the flare gun is not OP. The stun ability caused by it and the sonic disruptor is. I would like to see stun changed so that it is less debilitating overall; preferably so that it affects each class differently. Tweaking how it affects movement, use of abilities, and weapon control correctly would make the weapons just as effective, but still fair to fight against.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

Scout isn’t a support class though. As I have advocated in other threads, the flare gun is not OP. The stun ability caused by it and the sonic disruptor is. I would like to see stun changed so that it is less debilitating overall; preferably so that it affects each class differently. Tweaking how it affects movement, use of abilities, and weapon control correctly would make the weapons just as effective, but still fair to fight against.

Just because something isn’t directly labeled as a support class doesn’t mean it can’t be. But i get where you are coming from. Also, if the stun of the flare gun is OP, then by default the flare gun itself is OP. Perhaps you have a suggestion on what could be done to make the stun more fair? Maybe only make it prevent the enemy from using any controls for the same duration instead of a dead freeze, or slowing them down like bell rung? idk…but i do agree it does need a tweak.

Flag Post

Heres my suggetion:

You haven’t used flare gun? That means you have not discovered the true power of trolling…..

Flag Post

Heres my suggetion:

You haven’t used flare gun? That means you have not discovered the true power of trolling…..

no, he’s used it, he just doesn’t use it right now. and also, interesting idea about the flare gun.

Flag Post

The explosion that s3 makes is way to weak it needs a buff so dam bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

What about them? We try to balance on every update.

I’ve said it elsewhere in the forum.

You can’t even stand up to a scout anymore as a gunner if you have rail/AR, scout with flare,plasma is way more powerful and obviously a gunner cant run away scout is faster.

against a tank with paid weapons using a gunner without them you have even less chance and their perfectly able to chase me around the map succesfully with a FT, the balance is gone, people with paid weps have an unfair advantage, and pretty much everyone that has disagreed with me in the forums is constantly using the paid weps.

Flag Post

Buy yourself a gun and you’ll have as same fun as them.I agree that stuff ain’t so balanced and i think that balancing weps alittle bit to be not too overpowered since a flare gun:
1.Deals incendiary damage
2.Stuns you
3.No chance of getting away even if you are a scout
And another thing…if people that have good guns and etc play againts you with a little pistol its not even fair and fun dissapears.Even if its a good gun vs good gun its still not fun and stuff just need lots of balancing :-(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Freedomh:

Buy yourself a gun and you’ll have as same fun as them.I agree that stuff ain’t so balanced and i think that balancing weps alittle bit to be not too overpowered since a flare gun:
2.Stuns you
And another thing…if people that have good guns and etc play againts you with a little pistol its not even fair and fun dissapears.Even if its a good gun vs good gun its still not fun and stuff just need lots of balancing :-(

Its made many of the standard weapons inferior and useless against the new ones, thats no good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebastionay:
Originally posted by Freedomh:

2.Stuns you

Its made many of the standard weapons inferior and useless against the new ones, thats no good.

Flare gun is to strong.
Plasma is really messed up i don’t know why but it is.
Flamethrower is a little OP, it has longer range then it suppose to have apparently.
Shotgun is the most OP weapon ever so don’t wine about that.
Combat pistol is just way to weak.
Minigun needs a buff bad.
Orbcaster and Ion-distruptor need a buff.
Hailraiser could use a slight and i mean a slight buff.
The standered guns are not useless if used correctly,
Pulser can take out idiotic snipers.
SMG is the best anti scout weapon.
HMG is the tank’s best long-range weapon.
Assault Rifle is one of the best guns in FFT if your using it full auto.
Scout’s sword is pretty dam wicked.
Tank’s hammer/shield is super useful against snipers.
Tech’s heal gun is best support.
Gunner’s railgun is the strongest weapon in FFT.

Flag Post

I’ve never seen the population on the game so low since april I think. It will become impossible to test the weapons to balance them back out and make them fair eventually because so many are quiting purely because of the imbalance.

Flag Post

1.Agreed.Flare gun is to strong.
2.Maybe
3.I agree should have less range
4.Shotgun damage should be lowered due to balancing.
5.Mhm
6.Yep
7.Totally agree
8.That has alittle bit of truth and alittle bit of jerk buyer words.Weps ain’t balanced
9.True
10.True
11.True
12.True
13.True
14.True
15.True

Flag Post

Alright, new scout suggestions:

First off, I suggest removing flare gun stun. Too OP in addition to DoT and it’s already decently high damage. Either remove stun or remove damage.

Secondly, I used plasma pistol. This weapon is slightly overpowered in head to head combats. I suggest making the minimum charge time about 1 second, and increasing the damage by 1.5. Right now, you can spam attack with it so much it’s ridiculous. At least make it how it was at it’s debut.

Shotgun…tried it for first time today. What a piece of shit. Took down a scout in 4 shots without MD. Good thing for nerf.

Hail raiser is fine
Flamethrower needs range correction to match animation
HSG is fine, makes sense for a tank.
Minigun is fine
Ion blaster sounds awesome, and it’s fine.
Orb caster is fine
SD is fine
Combat pistol needs a non-damage buff
AS is fine
OMG NEW CLASSES

Flag Post

So now we have changes made that make a gunner pointless, tech pretty pointless, way overpowered tanks and scouts a lot stronger than gunners, the balance needs to be looked into properly. most of the feeback is biased.

Flag Post

So now we have changes made that make a gunner pointless, tech pretty pointless, way overpowered tanks and scouts a lot stronger than gunners, the balance needs to be looked into properly. most of the feeback is biased.

Which comments are you talking about? I do see some parts of comments that I don’t agree with, but the some of it is fairly reasonable. In regards to a suggestion, I say raise the percentage when a buckler can be deployed from 50% to 75%.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:

Which comments are you talking about? I do see some parts of comments that I don’t agree with, but the some of it is fairly reasonable. In regards to a suggestion, I say raise the percentage when a buckler can be deployed from 50% to 75%.

Whats a buckler? I’m referring to peoples comments about the guns. The developers need to take a good look at it, because some people will get 1 gun and complain about all the others, even when the one that person uses all the time is OP also.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:

Whats a buckler? I’m referring to peoples comments about the guns. The developers need to take a good look at it, because some people will get 1 gun and complain about all the others, even when the one that person uses all the time is OP also.

You obviously don’t know much about this game, or you haven’t played much. Buckler is the Tank’s mauler shield (the blue circle shield that they use with the big hammer). And Tanks are not way overpowered. You just need to think a little when attacking them. Attack, run if they use shield, and then come back and finish them off.

Flag Post

I’ve played for months. It’s pointless having arguments, im just calling for the developers to take a look at it. the fact remains a tank can chase a gunner with a FT and there pretty much nothing the gunner can do about it. thats unbalanced.

Flag Post

I’ve played for months. It’s pointless having arguments, im just calling for the developers to take a look at it. the fact remains a tank can chase a gunner with a FT and there pretty much nothing the gunner can do about it. thats unbalanced.

OBJECTION! It is not the flamethrower. I’ve beaten plenty of flamethrower tanks. only reason they win is the bubble.

Flag Post

Hm. A Skill Tree can be a nice idea.
Tech can buff you team ( like increase fire rate or regenerate HP per second or something…)

And a multiplayer mission mode !
Make a objetive map(dont a sandbox) like kill bots to get a secret information or something…

Here’s my sugestions. BYE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

OBJECTION! It is not the flamethrower. I’ve beaten plenty of flamethrower tanks. only reason they win is the bubble.

I use ALL default weapons (hail raiser every once and a while for variety). Most of the feedback here (besides the annoying repeats) is fair.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kenedilima:

Tech can buff you team ( like increase fire rate or regenerate HP per second or something…)

Make a objetive map(dont a sandbox) like kill bots to get a secret information or something…

I don’t really like the ideas of skill trees. The skill difference from most higher ranks to most lower ranks is already good. No need to make us higher lvls too OP ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by kenedilima:

I don’t really like the ideas of skill trees. The skill difference from most higher ranks to most lower ranks is already good. No need to make us higher lvls too OP ;)

If I was playing a game for a really long time. I feel I should have a slight advantage over new players.

Hawken has a skill tree and they manage to keep the game balanced.

It can be done.