Suggestion Box page 45

3312 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:
Originally posted by StrangeMinion:

I was thinking that it would be great if this game had its own survival-style co-op mode. So, I suggest that Invasion be added to the game. It’d be similar to Firefight in Halo or Invasion in Unreal Tournament 2004.

Some points I’d like to add:
-There would be five waves in each match, each increasingly difficult. The fifth wave would spawn a boss and some minibosses in with the normal enemies.
-Up to six players could join one Invasion match.
-Many of the existing maps are already designed perfectly for this gametype, so we could use those, in addition to some custom Invasion maps.
-Some enemies would be able to fly.
-Players would start with three lives, and would gain a life for each wave they survive.
-The game ends when everyone has died, or when all five waves have been completed.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this idea?

Ironically, this idea is very close to the original concept for the game (back when it was called Freefall Arcade). If you watch the link below you can see a mode very similar to the one you’re describing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpSBQejJgxI

I never saw this trailer before. (My idea was mainly inspired by Invasion mode in Unreal Tournament 2004) Why didn’t they keep this co-op style idea? I’m sure they could’ve fit it in with the rest of the competitive game modes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

I was thinking that it would be great if this game had its own survival-style co-op mode. So, I suggest that Invasion be added to the game. It’d be similar to Firefight in Halo or Invasion in Unreal Tournament 2004.

Some points I’d like to add:
-There would be five waves in each match, each increasingly difficult. The fifth wave would spawn a boss and some minibosses in with the normal enemies.
-Up to six players could join one Invasion match.
-Many of the existing maps are already designed perfectly for this gametype, so we could use those, in addition to some custom Invasion maps.
-Some enemies would be able to fly.
-Players would start with three lives, and would gain a life for each wave they survive.
-The game ends when everyone has died, or when all five waves have been completed.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this idea?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/144-freefall-tournament/topics/280026-design-your-gamemode Post that here.

I was told by someone that I should post it on this thread…It was originally its own thread.

Flag Post

Hey frg. I just want to make a little request…..

As well all know lots of people want to play Free-for-all on this, I was wondering if for your next map update that could be the game mode? I don’t know if your working on the next 4 classes now or not but I think it would be really awesome…

Btw, have you thought about party games? I reckon we could get some of them in here once FFA is set up.

Flag Post

blazer’s flamethrower’s range ridiculous! please AT LEAST half it.

Flag Post

This is probably my first comment in all they years I’ve been around on Kong, but I really want to let the dev know my feedback from an addicts perspective. It’s quite long, so get ready!
First off, I love FFT, and I love kong, but I feel like this game has much more potential than what it is now. I understand it’s still in beta, but from the first few games I played, I already assumed
that this was a totally independent game that was just being ported to kong, but to my shock, it’s not :O
Second off, the prices of the classes seem fair, but when you break it down, I think it would be a turnoff for people who want to play more often, but are discouraged by realizing that they would have to spend
over 1/5-1/3 of a year just to unlock a class in a game that hasn’t been fully launched yet, and could change overnight.
- There should be MUCH more kred-free upgrades in the game, and less temporary items (or at least lower pricing.) Some people like to be able to MAKE enough cash in 10 rounds, to PLAY 10 rounds with upgrades.
-A way to report hackers in-game
-introduce exp progression; so like if you make a kill in a certain class, just like you should get exp for a rank, all of your bombs/weapons/boosts/armor/hp/speed/etc…. should have levels that REWARD you for the longer you play,
and the more kills you get!
The tech class needs some help. I’ve played about a good 15 matches on it, and I’ve gotten VERY low kills. The rifle is pretty much useless, and the III turrets can be killed like a fly with any sort of a bomb.
-more maps, and maybe some flat-ground maps with a whole lot less structural cover to hide behind :P
-The ability to purchase upgrades such as armor/health/shooting speed/etc along with it being upgraded with exp.
-Vehicles….I know that’s stretching it, but I think it would be a great addition on a flat, larger map!
- More ranks, and the ability to see them on the team-score page ingame…What good is a rank if nobody can even see them?
-less crashing….Alright, I know this one is tricky, and isn’t just a flip of a switch. But 4/10 in a game, right when I do something like shoot, set up a turret, fly with jetpack, or get shot at/etc, the game will freeze up and crash….Very annoying!
-Aesthetics! If I buy a class, I want to CUSTOMIZE it :)
-Sales being applicable to cash, and not just kreds~ this one has been mentioned before, but I really wish that it would be implemented…Even if it’s reduced to 60% at the most..
-first-person view I personally HATE FPS, but I have to add this, because there are others who do like it.

Thanks for reading my wall of scatterbrained text lol, and I hope it doesn’t go unseen! But, seeing the INCREDIBLE response this dev has with the community, I have high hopes. :)

Flag Post

rAw_ChAoS, Don’t worry, I read all posts. I reply to as many as I have time for and warrant a reply.

1) Thank you for your praise for the game. We too believe it has a lot more potential.
2) I’ve discussed pricing quite a bit. I might need to write up a new thread for this.
3) We will be changing the boost system to a runes system similar to League of Legends some time in the future.
4) Good idea.
5) Our design philosophy is that players should be awarded for teamwork, not individual kills. As you rank up, you unlock maps…and more stuff in the future.
6) A single Tech is a bit weak. Used effectively in a team, it can end up being a little OP. It just takes players who know what they are doing to help.
7) Yes, more maps!
8) See #3.
9) Probably no vehicles, although we love Halo.
10) Ranks up to General are good for now. We may have more in the future. Yes, we need to fix the score page.
11) Our #1 concern right now. We added lots of effects and seem to have a memory leak somewhere.
12) We will have skins in the future.
13) The current sales systems will probably not be offered in Kreds. We might do something else tho, see #5.
14) FPS. nope. sorry. We want to have more melee. TPS is best for that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rAw_ChAoS:

This is probably my first comment in all they years I’ve been around on Kong, but I really want to let the dev know my feedback from an addicts perspective. It’s quite long, so get ready!
First off, I love FFT, and I love kong, but I feel like this game has much more potential than what it is now. I understand it’s still in beta, but from the first few games I played, I already assumed
that this was a totally independent game that was just being ported to kong, but to my shock, it’s not :O
Second off, the prices of the classes seem fair, but when you break it down, I think it would be a turnoff for people who want to play more often, but are discouraged by realizing that they would have to spend
over 1/5-1/3 of a year just to unlock a class in a game that hasn’t been fully launched yet, and could change overnight.
- There should be MUCH more kred-free upgrades in the game, and less temporary items (or at least lower pricing.) Some people like to be able to MAKE enough cash in 10 rounds, to PLAY 10 rounds with upgrades.
-A way to report hackers in-game
-introduce exp progression; so like if you make a kill in a certain class, just like you should get exp for a rank, all of your bombs/weapons/boosts/armor/hp/speed/etc…. should have levels that REWARD you for the longer you play,
and the more kills you get!
The tech class needs some help. I’ve played about a good 15 matches on it, and I’ve gotten VERY low kills. The rifle is pretty much useless, and the III turrets can be killed like a fly with any sort of a bomb.
-more maps, and maybe some flat-ground maps with a whole lot less structural cover to hide behind :P
-The ability to purchase upgrades such as armor/health/shooting speed/etc along with it being upgraded with exp.
-Vehicles….I know that’s stretching it, but I think it would be a great addition on a flat, larger map!
- More ranks, and the ability to see them on the team-score page ingame…What good is a rank if nobody can even see them?
-less crashing….Alright, I know this one is tricky, and isn’t just a flip of a switch. But 4/10 in a game, right when I do something like shoot, set up a turret, fly with jetpack, or get shot at/etc, the game will freeze up and crash….Very annoying!
-Aesthetics! If I buy a class, I want to CUSTOMIZE it :)
-Sales being applicable to cash, and not just kreds~ this one has been mentioned before, but I really wish that it would be implemented…Even if it’s reduced to 60% at the most..
-first-person view I personally HATE FPS, but I have to add this, because there are others who do like it.

Thanks for reading my wall of scatterbrained text lol, and I hope it doesn’t go unseen! But, seeing the INCREDIBLE response this dev has with the community, I have high hopes. :)

I would literally leave FFT if they added vehicles ok, no offence to people who like vehicles in 3rdPS games. The more experience players should be better off by skill NOT any upgrades they have gotten because of the money. I think there should be sails for ingame cash to. This game does have allot of room to do almost anything in its going to take money and time. The crashing will be taken care of you can count on that. The prices of the classes are kinda high i think 30k would be more fair and give the player a small chance of getting to play that class without kreds, but 50k is pretty much impossible unless you do play 1/3 a year and not spend it on anything. ( not that there is anything to spend on) I think that (forgive me) newbie players should get more cash/xp for killing the higher rank players as a reward but a small reward nonetheless like prvt kills Gen. with shatter-bomb the reward for the prvt would be like 3 extra xp and 20 extra cash. A FPS mode would welcome the FPS crowd to FFT creating more players adding more kreds ect. Tech was not a class made for offence even though its weak and needs a class to help it, it can take care of itself just practise. That was a long comment my friend but it was very well thought out.

Flag Post

I have some unique ideas for this game that I’d like to share on this thread. Many of them are things I came up with off the top of my head, and quite a few of them have not been used in any games yet. (At least none that I have seen)

-Before each game, there could be a cinematic that shows the you and your teammates in a starship-type aircraft as you’re being taken to your team’s base of the map. Then, the cinematic could show you and your teammates exiting the ship via a teleportation device somewhere on the ship.
-Inside each team’s base, there could be a screen showing what’s going on outside via a video feed of some type.

I have more ideas, but I don’t really have the time to list them all at the moment. Most of them are actually ideas for game modes, which there’s a thread for already.

Flag Post

I think the Suppressor and/or the Aegis should detect and reveal assassins for maybe 5/10/15 yards around it depending on the level of the suppressor… Would add another benefit to having support classes around.

Flag Post

I used to think the’E’ skills were the melee skills. . Guess not, but if they are, I have no idea why ‘Catalyze Toxins’, ‘Spectral Optics’, ‘Nano Surge’, and ‘Innervate’ are melee. Well, ‘Nano Surge’ and ‘Innervate’ are understandable, because of the roles of the classes, so it’s a kind of heal melee, but Blazer and Assassin could have Melees as well maybe? :P

Flag Post

I have some unique ideas for this game that I’d like to share on this thread. Many of them are things I came up with off the top of my head, and quite a few of them have not been used in any games yet. (At least none that I have seen)

-Before each game, there could be a cinematic that shows the you and your teammates in a starship-type aircraft as you’re being taken to your team’s base of the map. Then, the cinematic could show you and your teammates exiting the ship via a teleportation device somewhere on the ship.
-Inside each team’s base, there could be a screen showing what’s going on outside via a video feed of some type.

I have more ideas, but I don’t really have the time to list them all at the moment. Most of them are actually ideas for game modes, which there’s a thread for already.

Like the idea.

Originally posted by Kelfer:

I think the Suppressor and/or the Aegis should detect and reveal assassins for maybe 5/10/15 yards around it depending on the level of the suppressor… Would add another benefit to having support classes around.

Sure that could work well, and i would love killing those assassins trying to kill my suppressor.

Originally posted by kambetal1:

I used to think the’E’ skills were the melee skills. . Guess not, but if they are, I have no idea why ‘Catalyze Toxins’, ‘Spectral Optics’, ‘Nano Surge’, and ‘Innervate’ are melee. Well, ‘Nano Surge’ and ‘Innervate’ are understandable, because of the roles of the classes, so it’s a kind of heal melee, but Blazer and Assassin could have Melees as well maybe? :P

Maybe but the blazers predator vision is anti invisible assassin, and the assassins poison is awesome because, the swords are so hard to aim and, the needles are so weak.

Flag Post

We dont see people joining the game anymore, add that again pls

Flag Post

Sure that could work well, and i would love killing those assassins trying to kill my suppressor.

Or we could have it at the same range, but level 1 only points to the assasin, level 2 fires, level 3 drops cloak.

Flag Post
Originally posted by velociraptorr:

Or we could have it at the same range, but level 1 only points to the assasin, level 2 fires, level 3 drops cloak.

haha why didn’t it quote josh? oh well. and my thoughts on this go as follows… “NO! GOD NO! PLEASE NO! DEAR GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Flag Post

my suggestion
make it so that classes dosent cost anything
for me it ruined the game

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

haha why didn’t it quote josh? oh well. and my thoughts on this go as follows… “NO! GOD NO! PLEASE NO! DEAR GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

As an assasin, you really should be taking preventative action for this sort of thing. The tech can’t heal your poison (that’s the shocker’s job), and it’s also really weak. If you let the tech set up a level 3 supressor, you aren’t doing your job right. That being said, the hack/exploit where you can build a lvl 3 supressor in base and then move it to the cp needs to go away.

Flag Post

As an assasin, you really should be taking preventative action for this sort of thing. The tech can’t heal your poison (that’s the shocker’s job), and it’s also really weak. If you let the tech set up a level 3 supressor, you aren’t doing your job right. That being said, the hack/exploit where you can build a lvl 3 supressor in base and then move it to the cp needs to go away.

That’s neither a hack nor an exploit. It was added to make techs more viable mostly in moonbase where your suppressor needs to be moved a lot for it to be effective. It does not need to be removed at all because techs are already one of the weaker classes (even more so after the recent update).

Flag Post

suggestions:

1. blazer can’t see everyone, or atleast not cloaked assassins
2. assassins can see everyone instead of catalyze toxins
3. heat ray’s range is to long + faster reload / longer range, single shot + more burn
4. xmas special offers + xmas class (santa, elf.)

Flag Post

5. killing a suppressor or force field should count as a enemy kill

Flag Post
make techs viable in moonbase

I can count the techs I’ve seen (with stock weapons) in moonbase on my fingers. The supressor simply isn’t viable in an open map, period. There are too many angles from which a sniper/tank/whatever can shoot it down, and not enough walls to make full use of the pulser’s bounce. However, the new mines might mean we start seeing a lot more techs in CP games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aa33a:

that would make techs and shockers too weak in training room and they are already weaker there,in other maps it makes no difference

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

that would make techs and shockers too weak in training room and they are already weaker there,in other maps it makes no difference

he doesn’t mean as in if you kill a turret, the tech dies with it. he means that killing a turret should add as a kill count. so if you kill a turret, then you go from, let’s say, 4 kills to 5 kills, but the tech survives.

Flag Post

that’s exactly what i mean^

Flag Post

+ you can’t seem to spawn kill anymore

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

he doesn’t mean as in if you kill a turret, the tech dies with it. he means that killing a turret should add as a kill count. so if you kill a turret, then you go from, let’s say, 4 kills to 5 kills, but the tech survives.

you do realize thats what i meant that idea sucks
basically that idea would make tech and shocker useless as they would give out double more points than anyone else