Suggestion Box page 50

3316 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TimD44:
Originally posted by Djinn99:
Originally posted by monthygreg:
Originally posted by Mochian:

How about a in game police: people you really trust like padrone, houselinek or even me.
it would terminate the hackers that are in the game.

only a voting-kick system would work.

I disagree. what if i voted to kick some noob that no one liked Eh? Only developers and Mods OF THE GAME could kick/evict

Btw a in-game mod is not a kongregate mod, but one that is only in the game. Its a group of people that the FFT Team selects to make the game a better place.

This was already discussed briefly in the cashflowing thread, where I detailed why (in my opinion) this would not really be effective for this game.
As for who FRG would choose if he did implement mods, I think Kong spelled it out pretty well in their FAQ:

Realistically, most moderators are appointed after a confidential nomination by current moderators. Friendliness, maturity, and professionalism can go a long way in getting yourself nominated. Demonstrating a zealousness in promoting yourself to a moderator position will likely disqualify yourself entirely, as it makes us question both your motives and your maturity level.

In other words, asking to be a mod often disqualifies you to be one.

I am sorry. But I at least try to get rid of the hackers. this is a way to do so. I played this game for some time and I think this is a way to solve it. It’s a suggestion forum you know

dude there are no hackers (at least i haven’t seen one), the game has some glitches to be solved and there are people playing better than you, if you kick all the players you consider hackers then you will be playing alone… your suggestion is invalid!

Flag Post

there should be a mode were up to four players, of different classes, face one giant monster that was A.I. controlled

1. Each player has certain amounts of lives

2. When you hit the boss you get points based on the damage.

3. Whoever does the most damage gets more experience and in-game currency; if there is a tie whoever had most health at end gets the points.

4. Players can attack other players while fighting boss, but the attackee will get a certain amount of points if this is done, but if the attackee dies it takes off one of his lives

5. Match ends when boss is dead

6. Have at least 2 different bosses which can be faced, individually.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:
Originally posted by monthygreg:

How about a in game police: people you really trust like padrone, houselinek or even me.
it would terminate the hackers that are in the game.

only a voting-kick system would work.

I disagree. what if i voted to kick some noob that no one liked Eh? Only developers and Mods OF THE GAME could kick/evict

Btw a in-game mod is not a kongregate mod, but one that is only in the game. Its a group of people that the FFT Team selects to make the game a better place.

This was already discussed briefly in the cashflowing thread, where I detailed why (in my opinion) this would not really be effective for this game.
As for who FRG would choose if he did implement mods, I think Kong spelled it out pretty well in their FAQ:

Realistically, most moderators are appointed after a confidential nomination by current moderators. Friendliness, maturity, and professionalism can go a long way in getting yourself nominated. Demonstrating a zealousness in promoting yourself to a moderator position will likely disqualify yourself entirely, as it makes us question both your motives and your maturity level.

In other words, asking to be a mod often disqualifies you to be one.

I am sorry. But I at least try to get rid of the hackers. this is a way to do so. I played this game for some time and I think this is a way to solve it. It’s a suggestion forum you know

dude there are no hackers (at least i haven’t seen one), the game has some glitches to be solved and there are people playing better than you, if you kick all the players you consider hackers then you will be playing alone… your suggestion is invalid!

ok then solve the glitches

Flag Post

It’s not as easy as waving a magic wand, or typing five words. I don’t think Mochian (or anyone in this pyramid) is part of FRG’s team, either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by user10000:

It’s not as easy as waving a magic wand, or typing five words. I don’t think Mochian (or anyone in this pyramid) is part of FRG’s team, either.

for your information: look at the AFK and hackers forum.
then look at a post of qwerty saying zekrom hacks.
it has proof and i suggested a way to stop it. that the suggestion isn’t a good idea according to you or moachian so be it. i was thinking of a way to solve the hacker problem

Flag Post

it has proof and i suggested a way to stop it. that the suggestion isn’t a good idea according to you or moachian so be it. i was thinking of a way to solve the hacker problem

I didn’t state my opinion on the suggestion. I just said the statement was unneeded. Along with adding more content to the game, FRG fixes glitches. It’s kind of what a developer does.

Flag Post

I didn’t state my opinion on the suggestion. I just said the statement was unneeded. Along with adding more content to the game, FRG fixes glitches. It’s kind of what a developer does.

I agree with user. “…solve the glitches” what do you think they’ve been doing since the game has come out along with adding other things in the updates? Instead of just saying “solve the glitches” tell them specifically what. Give them all of the information you have so that it is easier for them to pinpoint it in the coding.

Flag Post

this escalates quickly.
but i am only saying that the game is less fun with ’’hackers’’ or glitches.
let it rest and its a suggestion box come on

Flag Post

I met two glitchers today. One was a relativey harmless nub corporal who was afflicted with the “body in base invincible and invisible glitch,” and it got a 27 to 0 record, which is pretty decent. Another was a tech that was on my team that was pissing off yellow.
So far, the most game affecting glitches are:
Tank firing HMG with NB up
Body in base invincible invisible glitch
Body getting stuck in corners
Through solid object turrets and aegis effects (thru walls)
Troll respawn (starts at 1, then switches to 20 or so and starts there)
Spawn upside-down
Spawn in wrong base (hilarious though)
MD is visible on invisible assassin
Lock on (ex: locked on to an enemy, then if about to saber chop, randomly locks on to other nearby enemy)

Anyways, here is my suggestion:
DoT effects

Only let Fire and Poison affect health, not shields.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I met two glitchers today. One was a relativey harmless nub corporal who was afflicted with the “body in base invincible and invisible glitch,” and it got a 27 to 0 record, which is pretty decent. Another was a tech that was on my team that was pissing off yellow.
So far, the most game affecting glitches are:
Tank firing HMG with NB up
Body in base invincible invisible glitch
Body getting stuck in corners
Through solid object turrets and aegis effects (thru walls)
Troll respawn (starts at 1, then switches to 20 or so and starts there)
Spawn upside-down
Spawn in wrong base (hilarious though)
MD is visible on invisible assassin
Lock on (ex: locked on to an enemy, then if about to saber chop, randomly locks on to other nearby enemy)

Anyways, here is my suggestion:
DoT effects

The aegis effects through walls and the MD visible on invisible are intentional (I believe). Also I would like to add one to your list: sometimes my cross hairs will flash red and the “enemy in sights” sound will play but the enemy I’m pointing at is behind a wall or under the shuttle or some other unhittable location.

Flag Post

Suggestion to buff the utility of the Lightning Gun: Swing

What is ‘Swing’?
-Swing is using the Aimed-target as an anchor to pivot around.
Example: a swingset; swinging around the structure

What should this ability do/have?
-Tackle corners quickly if there is a buddy/enemy there (increase maneuverability)
-Not be able to hug players like the Repair Tool

How is this different than the ability of the Repair Tool?
-Rather than attracting towards the target, the Shocker will lose no speed and will Swing at the same speed (or lose speed due to air resistance)

Some variable details to flesh out the idea:
-Swing will occur at around maximum range of the Lightning Gun.

-or starts at the point whenever the vector of the Shocker and the line to the Target are perpendicular (OR vice versa: vector of Target perpendicular to line to Shocker), and the distance between the Target and Shocker is the Swing length

-Only the Shocker is affected by Swing; Target is not affected by Swing.

-The Shocker will not attract to the target when at Swing range while standing (Shocker will not be able to hug the Target and heal/hurt); Shocker must be in the air to initiate Swing.

-At some difference in speed between the Target and Shocker, Swing will break and Shocker will get left somewhere

end of Suggestion

Examples of Swing:

-Shocker jumping in place, Aimed-Target rushes by the Shocker and the Shocker slightly swings around the Target
-Shocker jumps diagonally left to a teammate camping a door on the right side of a corridor, Shocker aims at friendly Target, then quickly goes through the door

hopes Tech Kick is coming back in the next Utility class

Flag Post

After playing around with the smoke bomb some, I’ve come up with what I think would be a reasonable fix to stop scouts from just spamming it: Make the smoke bomb an escape tool. Make the scout throw it straight down and have it only last a few seconds. The smoke would not effect the opponents, but rather make the scout unable to be locked onto for say 5 seconds (one time per bomb) and make it so that he also can’t lock onto anyone (I would like to see this regardless). It would allow scouts to rush in and chop away at someone and then run out (mostly) unharmed. If that proves to be too weak of a grenade give the scout a 1-2 second invulnerability as well when he goes through the smoke, but limit the scout to only carrying 2 at a time. On top of better reinforcing the scouts role, this would also allow for the animation to be cut down as it wouldn’t be so important that others see more than a puff of smoke.

Flag Post

^ Best fix for the scout bomb is reduce duration of the mist to 4 seconds or so (12 is ridiculous now tha I know how gameplay is with it). And yeah, of the scout is in the mist, he loses targeting as well.

Examples:
Scout is about to sword up a gunner: Throws bomb at gunner and rushes in like most idiot scouts do. Scout loss targeting once it hits the mist as well as the gunner. Smoke for 4 seconds. * Both enemies and the bomb thrower lose targeting if they hit the mist*

Example:
Scout decides to troll and bombs shuttle CP from above hole. Scout does not hit mist.
Scout retains ability to target, every enemy in shuttle loses ability to target.

Basically, the ONLY changes are:
Bomb duration reduction to 4 seconds
Bomb ability disabling affects the thrower as well

Or
Brig back Valtech as a purchasable bomb.

Flag Post

I’d also like the Valtech back as a option. One of the weak points of all the non-heavy classes now is they have no pushing abilities. Most of the new bombs are debuff oriented or hard-to-use mines. This makes the tank slightly OP in the CP style games. Even if there’s 6 golds in the CP, one blue tank can cap while bubbled.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

I’d also like the Valtech back as a option. One of the weak points of all the non-heavy classes now is they have no pushing abilities. Most of the new bombs are debuff oriented or hard-to-use mines. This makes the tank slightly OP in the CP style games. Even if there’s 6 golds in the CP, one blue tank can cap while bubbled.

True, now it’s harder for me to beat a tank on the cp as gunner without that valtech. Needs a little bit more push, so valtech would be good. Some scouts might want to use valtech rather than smoke as well. The more options, the better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

True, now it’s harder for me to beat a tank on the cp as gunner without that valtech. Needs a little bit more push, so valtech would be good. Some scouts might want to use valtech rather than smoke as well. The more options, the better.

you are not supposed to have gunner team in dock room and lunar base anyways maybe 2 but having only 1 gunner is always best option
tank/blaster support combo is enough of strategy there to win

Flag Post

We had it like this during testing and it made those weapons suck until someone’s shields were down. Right now they do less damage when applied to shields.

Don’t get close to Blazers and look out for Assassins.

Flag Post

^ Best fix for the scout bomb is reduce duration of the mist to 4 seconds or so (12 is ridiculous now tha I know how gameplay is with it). And yeah, of the scout is in the mist, he loses targeting as well.

Examples:
Scout is about to sword up a gunner: Throws bomb at gunner and rushes in like most idiot scouts do. Scout loss targeting once it hits the mist as well as the gunner. Smoke for 4 seconds. * Both enemies and the bomb thrower lose targeting if they hit the mist*

Example:
Scout decides to troll and bombs shuttle CP from above hole. Scout does not hit mist.
Scout retains ability to target, every enemy in shuttle loses ability to target.

Basically, the ONLY changes are:
Bomb duration reduction to 4 seconds
Bomb ability disabling affects the thrower as well

Or
Brig back Valtech as a purchasable bomb.

I agree that the smoke lasts too long right now.

However, smoke bomb + sword chop + smg sounds like a valid combo, it’s gotten me plenty of kills. What faults do you find with it?

Flag Post

can assasin be for free

Flag Post

Velociraptorr, I do agree that that combo is effective. Problem is, EVERY scout uses it. EVERY scout (high ranked) ALWAYS chops as soon as possible. It’s not a bad combo, I just like coming up with my own combos instead of using those that everyone else does. Besides, if the scout pussies away, you are down a chop, kick, and a bomb for a few seconds.

I’m not going to share any of my combos, but they aren’t that hard to discover. The combo you stated makes “pro” scouts too predictable. Only really challenging scouts are this who have a unique playstyle. People who come to mind are Yellowflash (obviously an alt, but still good), and Rapunzel Jose Amadeus. Rapunzel is an excellent seeker, but not too good against ambushes. He usually goes for the chop kick. Yellow is easy to beat: only hard if she sees you first, but he is easy for ambushes.

And assassin for free? There is free rotation, but you should pay Kreds instead to play it any day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

We had it like this during testing and it made those weapons suck until someone’s shields were down. Right now they do less damage when applied to shields.

Don’t get close to Blazers and look out for Assassins.

Excellent advice lol. I’ll keep that in mind next time it’s blazer and assassin day :D
But I guess is the weapons sucked, it’s fine. But I will still never understand how poison stacks.

Btw, for all who do not know:
The assassin’s victory twirl with a blast of alien ooze will DESTROY you. Keep moving. Hide your kids. Hide your wife.

And the blazer….just go tank. ;)

Flag Post

Now, for my suggestion, since I can’t edit effectively on this slow phone:

SCOUT SWORD DO SHOULD FOUR TIMES DAMAGE BECAUSE UNDERPOWERED AND IT SHOULD POISON AND STUN AND BURN I mean, I think the tank shield COULD have burn and poison effects affect it even if they deploy their shield (not sure on this one, but people always complain about the tank shields when it’s open. Jet trying to throw out ideas for this one.)

Blazer should have slightly more thrust…? Maybe
Tech kick should combine with the area heal, so the tech could kick and heal at same time, and so people can make fun of anyone who dies to the kick.

All of the other class’s seem very well balanced…only other complaints are the Blasters unstoppable heat seeking missiles of ultimate destruction, tank shield, flamethrower, assassin Victory Combo, and scout sword. I feel that everything but the tank shield is fair to everyone, so yeah.

Flag Post

Sorry if this has been suggested:

Please consider an in-game class-based achievements system. My suggestion motivates players to get really skilled in one class, but a general reward (like bonus Z-cash) would motivate players to try many classes.

Possible rewards:
Completing one class’s achievements could be a very slight stat boost when playing that class or a very slight z-cash discount when purchasing that class only.

Alternatively, every achievement is worth some Z-cash scaled to difficulty.

Some examples:

-get X kills with Railgun Scoped (specific ability/weapon)

-survive X seconds without getting hit/dying in Training Facility

-get X kills without using any Spectral Cloak (specific ability/weapon)

-most kills/fewest deaths in a match of at least 10 players

-best kill-death ratio in a match of at least 10 players

-capture/defend X times

-earn a killstreak of at least X

etc…

Flag Post

I’ll be amazed if no one’s said this…

Track assists on the scoreboard (and consider it in endgame rewards along with “saving teammates”) please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhragX:

I’ll be amazed if no one’s said this…

Track assists on the scoreboard (and consider it in endgame rewards along with “saving teammates”) please.

I’m amazed you said no one’s said that when it’s been said lots of times…
They will add more leaderboards and things like that later on when they’ve gotten more of the major content out