Suggestion Box page 53 (locked)

3336 posts

Flag Post

another thing. kill auto aim. has anyone ever played tribes? you move faster than in this game, but there is no auto aim. the noobs who use it should get off the game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zaroono:

this is a very fun game. i see only on problem. the weapons/classes are overpriced.could you try lowering the prices, or upping XP gain to several hundred to several thousand a match? also, provide badges and acolades which can give XP bonuses. its just too hard to buy stuff!

There use to be xp boost, STOP BEING LAZY AND WORK FOR CASH.

Originally posted by zaroono:

another thing. kill auto aim. has anyone ever played tribes? you move faster than in this game, but there is no auto aim. the noobs who use it should get off the game.

Get the hell over it this is not tribe ascend.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by zaroono:

this is a very fun game. i see only on problem. the weapons/classes are overpriced.could you try lowering the prices, or upping XP gain to several hundred to several thousand a match? also, provide badges and acolades which can give XP bonuses. its just too hard to buy stuff!

There use to be xp boost, STOP BEING LAZY AND WORK FOR CASH.

There still is, it’s just at the bottom of the deals on the homepage now

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Rja, that second post was freaking hilarious XD

And mute function? Hell yes!!

And @ I forgot who, making accessories available for cash IS the same is making them for free.

Oh yeah, btw, here are some glitches that still exist FRG:

Scout sword (I think mauler too) remains locked on to invisible assassins.
Blaster rocket can hit you through walls (only if you are standing close to the wall)

Last suggestion
Idk if the players would love or hate this, but what do you guys think of giving gunners immunity/resistance to melee weapons while crouched? Here is my analysis:
Pros:
-Prevents annoying 2 second deaths, or inescapable ambushes by scouts
-Allows gunners to react to fire fairly and in enough time
-Still allows for complete domination by ambushing blazers and other classes.

Cons:
-Potentially makes them OP
-Might give them invulnerability to death practically, b/c of more escape time

Alternate idea
Increase gunner’s defense by 30% when crouched, and make them immune to poison and fire ticks; in return, reduce EVERY weapons’ damage by 30% (except for railgun) for up to 5 seconds after crouched.

This would give the gunner better time to react to assassins, and eliminates the 2 second death. However, it still allows them to be severely injured by assassins. If they do get up though, the poison will affect them.
Pros:
-Prevents 2 second gunner death
-compensates by reducing all damage but railgun’s by 30% to prevent OPness
-Gives gunners more time to escape
-Might SEEM op ONLY if it is a pro gunner (Like Pardrine, Rapunzel Jose Amadeus, Qwerty35161783737, etc.), because they would be able to snipe yet retain the defense buff.
-Basically, it allows gunners to snipe on Assassin Day.

Cons:
-Only potential flaw I see is that a REALLY REALLY good gunner would make it very overpowered by bell ringing everyone and railgunning them to death with the 30% defense buff. But for the average derp sniper who sucks (like moi), we would be able to enjoy a few more scones of sniping bliss before having to get up and escape the inevitable death if random assassins/blazers/Blasters who happen to be hunting you.

Side note: Why the hell are Blasters all of a sudden chasing scouts? I will never understand…

Yea mute function would be awesome, and siz stop calling me Rapunzel Jose Amadeus like you did in your post lol.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerty159753:

You know, you don’t have to write the numbers if you don’t know them…

LOL qwerty you have to admit, it was funny xD

 
Flag Post

In the capturing games (Shuttle Bay and Moon Base) I think it would be good if we could always see how the capturing was going. I mean that the bar you see when you are on the CP should always be visible. So you would be able to go to the CP for emergencies and capture it if there was only a millimeter left to capturing.

 
Flag Post

Maybe in a game, any map, if both teams had the same amount of people and one team is losing and somebody joins, they should go on the losing team. It’s not helpful if for example, my team is losing, and we manage to capture the CP everyone once in a while, and then some other random person joins and ends up on the other team. Sometimes, that 1 more person can make a difference.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

In the capturing games (Shuttle Bay and Moon Base) I think it would be good if we could always see how the capturing was going. I mean that the bar you see when you are on the CP should always be visible. So you would be able to go to the CP for emergencies and capture it if there was only a millimeter left to capturing.

If this is implemented, please make the bar either not appear while in sniper mode or make it appear in the black art of the screen. like the top right corner or something.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

In the capturing games (Shuttle Bay and Moon Base) I think it would be good if we could always see how the capturing was going. I mean that the bar you see when you are on the CP should always be visible. So you would be able to go to the CP for emergencies and capture it if there was only a millimeter left to capturing.

That last sentence is everything that is wrong with those modes; people don’t focus on the CP, even though it is the point of the mode. Rather than see this I would like people to be forced to go through a training on how to capture points, followed by a test on what is and is not useful to the team.

 
Flag Post

I’m going to recommend in the next update that the rockets of blaster don’t stun. Or if they do, very rarely in some positions. The rockets are op.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Flapppy741:

I’m going to recommend in the next update that the rockets of blaster don’t stun. Or if they do, very rarely in some positions. The rockets are op.

</blockqu

Originally posted by Flapppy741:

I’m going to recommend in the next update that the rockets of blaster don’t stun. Or if they do, very rarely in some positions. The rockets are op.

Flappy is right but i think instead of stopping the stuns the damage of the missiles should be lowered.

 
Flag Post

I recommend a new team balancing system, where each team deviates by a maximum of only 1 player, no more. I played a game, with about 6 people one time. At the end of the match, it was 1 poor Sgt. Against 4 relatively good players. A few other matches ended with one person on a team. I don’t like winning unfairly, even though it might not seem so.

Suggestion:
Make anyone who joins only deviate the player count per team by 1 max. This would make every game start evenly, which is how I believe it does.
During the game:
If 2 or more people leave the game, the game randomly selects someone from the other team to join them only if they are losing. If the winning team loses people, then every 2 people that leave the game should transfer one random person from the losing team to the winning team.

Example:
Team 1 Team 2
A G
B H
C I
D J
E K
F L

Scenario 1
Team one is winning 420-69. Player L leaves, Nothing happens. Then, player leaves. As soon as player K leaves, a random member from team 1 (C for example) gets switched to the losing team. With this system, The winning team and the losing team remain balanced, and the losing team would eventually have 1 more player, which is fair.

Scenario 2
Team 1 is winning 999-1. Then, Player D and E quit to fight a tank duel of epic proportions in training. Team 1 is down 2 players. The system randomly chooses a team 2 player (lets say H) and they go to the winning team. Losing team keeps their 1 surplus of players, while the game does not get completely turned around by lack of ayers on the winning team vs a hoard of losing team new joiners.

I didn’t mention rank or anything due to the existence of many Alts, and that rank and skill level have very high variability.

Also, a mute function would be VERY welcome. To mute douchebag players who annoy the hell out of ya. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I recommend a new team balancing system, where each team deviates by a maximum of only 1 player, no more. I played a game, with about 6 people one time. At the end of the match, it was 1 poor Sgt. Against 4 relatively good players. A few other matches ended with one person on a team. I don’t like winning unfairly, even though it might not seem so.

Suggestion:
Make anyone who joins only deviate the player count per team by 1 max. This would make every game start evenly, which is how I believe it does.
During the game:
If 2 or more people leave the game, the game randomly selects someone from the other team to join them only if they are losing. If the winning team loses people, then every 2 people that leave the game should transfer one random person from the losing team to the winning team.

Example:
Team 1 Team 2
A G
B H
C I
D J
E K
F L

Scenario 1
Team one is winning 420-69. Player L leaves, Nothing happens. Then, player leaves. As soon as player K leaves, a random member from team 1 (C for example) gets switched to the losing team. With this system, The winning team and the losing team remain balanced, and the losing team would eventually have 1 more player, which is fair.

Scenario 2
Team 1 is winning 999-1. Then, Player D and E quit to fight a tank duel of epic proportions in training. Team 1 is down 2 players. The system randomly chooses a team 2 player (lets say H) and they go to the winning team. Losing team keeps their 1 surplus of players, while the game does not get completely turned around by lack of ayers on the winning team vs a hoard of losing team new joiners.

I didn’t mention rank or anything due to the existence of many Alts, and that rank and skill level have very high variability.

Also, a mute function would be VERY welcome. To mute douchebag players who annoy the hell out of ya. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I dunno, your seems complicated and kind of intrusive (I don’t want to get switched against my will. My suggestion is much simpler- cash rewards for switching teams, but you can only switch once a match to prevent exploits (we all remember the cp-cashflowing days, we don’t want another age of switchflowing). That way, players will actively work to keep teams even.

 
Flag Post

I think a demolition class would be cool

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I recommend a new team balancing system, where each team deviates by a maximum of only 1 player, no more. I played a game, with about 6 people one time. At the end of the match, it was 1 poor Sgt. Against 4 relatively good players. A few other matches ended with one person on a team. I don’t like winning unfairly, even though it might not seem so.

Suggestion:
Make anyone who joins only deviate the player count per team by 1 max. This would make every game start evenly, which is how I believe it does.
During the game:
If 2 or more people leave the game, the game randomly selects someone from the other team to join them only if they are losing. If the winning team loses people, then every 2 people that leave the game should transfer one random person from the losing team to the winning team.

Example:
Team 1 Team 2
A G
B H
C I
D J
E K
F L

Scenario 1
Team one is winning 420-69. Player L leaves, Nothing happens. Then, player leaves. As soon as player K leaves, a random member from team 1 (C for example) gets switched to the losing team. With this system, The winning team and the losing team remain balanced, and the losing team would eventually have 1 more player, which is fair.

Scenario 2
Team 1 is winning 999-1. Then, Player D and E quit to fight a tank duel of epic proportions in training. Team 1 is down 2 players. The system randomly chooses a team 2 player (lets say H) and they go to the winning team. Losing team keeps their 1 surplus of players, while the game does not get completely turned around by lack of ayers on the winning team vs a hoard of losing team new joiners.

I didn’t mention rank or anything due to the existence of many Alts, and that rank and skill level have very high variability.

Also, a mute function would be VERY welcome. To mute douchebag players who annoy the hell out of ya. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

that would actualy be unfair you would get less exp and less money while you may have done most???

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by zaroono:

this is a very fun game. i see only on problem. the weapons/classes are overpriced.could you try lowering the prices, or upping XP gain to several hundred to several thousand a match? also, provide badges and acolades which can give XP bonuses. its just too hard to buy stuff!

There use to be xp boost, STOP BEING LAZY AND WORK FOR CASH.

Originally posted by zaroono:

another thing. kill auto aim. has anyone ever played tribes? you move faster than in this game, but there is no auto aim. the noobs who use it should get off the game.

Get the hell over it this is not tribe ascend.

you frigggin need to play 100 matches to get 1 class lol!!

 
Flag Post

It would be nice if when someone joined/left the game, the “_____ has connected/disconnected” messages were colored blue or gold depending on what team they’d joined/left.

Sometimes you’ll be on a kill streak and you see that some pro joined, and you can’t take a break to type in chat or check the team board without risking being killed, so you don’t know whether you have to start playing super defensive to keep you streak from ending. Or for the non kill streakers it’s nice to see if the team balance has changed before the scores get out of hand.

Love the game, thanks for all your hard work.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheDragonDavid:
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by zaroono:

this is a very fun game. i see only on problem. the weapons/classes are overpriced.could you try lowering the prices, or upping XP gain to several hundred to several thousand a match? also, provide badges and acolades which can give XP bonuses. its just too hard to buy stuff!

There use to be xp boost, STOP BEING LAZY AND WORK FOR CASH.

Originally posted by zaroono:

another thing. kill auto aim. has anyone ever played tribes? you move faster than in this game, but there is no auto aim. the noobs who use it should get off the game.

Get the hell over it this is not tribe ascend.

you frigggin need to play 100 matches to get 1 class lol!!

Look at it this way, back when armory was around, weapons would cost 2 to 3 times more than a single class. You should consider yourself lucky frg decreased class prices. You’re not supposed to be able to own a bunch of classes easily, you’ve got to work for them.

 
Flag Post

Short suggestion:
Could you make more platforms in each map, like:
-Make the rafters and beams and wall extensions in shuttle bay able to be sat on.
-Make the platforms in training above and behind the base tunnels and by the single platform with the bomb on it able to be sat on.
-Make the moon base have more platforms in the air, or on the walls

I think this would give snipers more places to snipe to increase variability, give other classes places to relax on, or try to shoot others with guns/heat ray/bomb. It would e kinda neat to be able to just sit on the rafters and watch.

This just made me think of another idea!
Make a special area in the maps (only shuttle and moon base) where you can go “spectator mode” in. Like, if you fly into there, you get a popup that asks if you want to go into spectator mode. It makes you invisible, by you cannot do ANY damage, and you can wander around everywhere except the enemy base. You exit by returning to the spectator mode box, and you become whole again. Basin entering an exitingthe box toggles spectator mode on and off.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Short suggestion:
Could you make more platforms in each map, like:
-Make the rafters and beams and wall extensions in shuttle bay able to be sat on.
-Make the platforms in training above and behind the base tunnels and by the single platform with the bomb on it able to be sat on.
-Make the moon base have more platforms in the air, or on the walls

I think this would give snipers more places to snipe to increase variability, give other classes places to relax on, or try to shoot others with guns/heat ray/bomb. It would e kinda neat to be able to just sit on the rafters and watch.

This just made me think of another idea!
Make a special area in the maps (only shuttle and moon base) where you can go “spectator mode” in. Like, if you fly into there, you get a popup that asks if you want to go into spectator mode. It makes you invisible, by you cannot do ANY damage, and you can wander around everywhere except the enemy base. You exit by returning to the spectator mode box, and you become whole again. Basin entering an exitingthe box toggles spectator mode on and off.

Shuttle bay already has the 8 things on the walls you can sit on, it’s too small of a map to add much more. Training arena already has plenty of spots. Moon base, maybe, but the map is already kind of chaotic for the classes that stay on the ground trying to cap and adding more places to shoot them from would make it a lot less fun for them.

As for spectator mode, it’s already been suggested. But your idea just seems completly unnecessary, why would we want people leaving the team in the middle of a match to do nothing? Have a spectator mode as an option when entering the match, that way the person doesn’t take up a spot on the team while spectating or join, mess up the balancing when others come in, and then leave to spectate.

 
Flag Post

Class rotation. Currently it is unfair. Since all players timers are the same and most players are free to play everyone in the match who doesn’t pay and hasn’t saved up 10,000 cash is restricted to the same 4 classes. This would seem to be fair as the payers receive a class permaneantly which the free to play people would be able to use tomorrow anyways. But since all players who have not bought a class are restricted to the same 4 you can get some very unfair match ups. 1 paying player with blazer or tank absoulutlly dominates on times when it is locked to non paying players. The solution would be to make it so that not everyone would be restricted to the same 4 classes. different players should be restricted to different classes Half the players using 4 of the classes and half using another 4 would make the game much more diverse and entertaining.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Trogdorfanatic:

Class rotation. Currently it is unfair. Since all players timers are the same and most players are free to play everyone in the match who doesn’t pay and hasn’t saved up 10,000 cash is restricted to the same 4 classes. This would seem to be fair as the payers receive a class permaneantly which the free to play people would be able to use tomorrow anyways. But since all players who have not bought a class are restricted to the same 4 you can get some very unfair match ups. 1 paying player with blazer or tank absoulutlly dominates on times when it is locked to non paying players. The solution would be to make it so that not everyone would be restricted to the same 4 classes. different players should be restricted to different classes Half the players using 4 of the classes and half using another 4 would make the game much more diverse and entertaining.

Your arguement is irrelevant to your point. What you’re talking about is the skill of the players, rather than what class they have. All of the classes have been/currently are being balanced in reference to each other, so players having one that others don’t at the time is not a big deal. Granted, it may seem that way because skilled players will buy the class that they are skilled with, but in reality there is little difference one way or the other.

 
Flag Post

Im not at all talking about player skill. Im saying that if both teams only have access to the same 4 classes then it feels like half a game. when your team has the shocker but no one has access to tech then the aegis can never be healed. each class in the same set completes the other. everyone will still be restricted in classes but all classes should be represented instead of the same 4 for all players for an entire day..

 
Flag Post

Aegis can be healed by upgrading it or placing it somewhere else. c:
It seems difficult for me to understand who gets the first or second set of classes. Elaborate?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Trogdorfanatic:

Im not at all talking about player skill. Im saying that if both teams only have access to the same 4 classes then it feels like half a game. when your team has the shocker but no one has access to tech then the aegis can never be healed. each class in the same set completes the other. everyone will still be restricted in classes but all classes should be represented instead of the same 4 for all players for an entire day..

So what do you propose? If we make class rotation different for all accounts people will simply make alt accounts and play all the classes for free, and the devs will go broke. I don’t want that to happen.