Hackers, Bugs, or Glitches page 22 (locked)

718 posts

Flag Post

new bug: stucked into the ground

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Cool looking, but please post in bugs. Can you snipe from there?

Originally posted by qweztu:

This is where cool people hang out xD

EDIT: Kicked it up a lucky notch (well I did this with a Tank once before) :D

Flag Post

mehhh fine… I am standing on something, high gravitational pull, still managed to get onto these 2 areas with the worst air movement classes (Tank, Tech). Scouts can easily get to both areas with their high speed, 3rd picture was pretty much lucky nade jump, Tank was some clutch hammer swinging, jetpacking, comet rushing.

-Oh yeah 1-2 pic = underneath the green object, a nice secret ledge, I have a method of getting there semi-easily repeatable (I’d just like some graphics on the ledge back there :D)
-3 pic = behind the circle thingy at the top of the green object.’
-Age restricted cabin: there are 2 roofs above each spawn, the glass roof and the heavy colored roof, you can get between them with the smaller classes, old Tank is too fat to fit. (only applicable in certain area)

Oh yeah… whether or not I can shoot, well I am behind a “floor” can’t shoot through floors

I almost forgot, you can slide right through the floor of the map if you go off and around the edge of the map and down thrust diagonally through the edge cracks in the map. Minor: fall diagonally through the other side, appear on through the ground. Major: fall all the way across the map :D, find yourself seeing through the map and appearing on the other side of the arena :D.

(Seems like I should be playtesting or something ^^ find too many little things here and there)

Flag Post

I think team balancing is fucked again =/

Two Cols and a Lft vs me, a cpt.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

I think team balancing is fucked again =/

Two Cols and a Lft vs me, a cpt.

Yeah I noticed this too. It tends to let the Highest ranks to play together.

Flag Post

Picking up megadamage during warmup lasts into the game.

Flag Post

Nooooooo.

It doesn’t always happen. Could you please let me know the conditions it does?

Flag Post

training map is basically sniper vs sniper map
two towers are bit too high(those without lifts) so when snipers get on them and camp its very hard to get them off(even scouts arent fast enough to get to them without getting sniped) and you cant get to them if you are tank or tech well not easily so snipers kinda rule the map
you could balance it off by making those towers without ground to stay on

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

two towers are bit too high(those without lifts) so when snipers get on them and camp its very hard to get them off(even scouts arent fast enough to get to them without getting sniped) and you cant get to them if you are tank or tech well not easily so snipers kinda rule the map

u can easily go there as scout and you don’t need kill them just nade and they will need to go out and plus no sniper is so stupid to keep in a place where was attacked enough time for a second attack

Flag Post

As a tank I can get to the top of them before a gunner. All you have to do is go up towers with the launch pads, then from the platform jump and use E and you can make whatever level platform you want. I use this often when noone is taking them down. The only problem with that tactic is when they have a gunner on both sides :/

Flag Post

meh, I don’t use the towers much ^^. That being said, you don’t have to try to get the snipers. you have the option of staying around the basement and bottom.

Flag Post

As tank, if you hold space and charge up your jetpack before you step onto the booster, you’ll higher. Also, play more. You learn new tricks.

Flag Post

You have an E button. You can always use it.

You could also charge up your jump from the top of one of the smaller platforms…

Flag Post

thats what i was talking about abraaz theres always on both towers(not talking about floating towers that are separated) not to mention the fact when they get up there they are almost unmovable and gunner doesnt need to go in same way as tank as he can just get on one of towers with lifts then fly from it

Flag Post

I have only ever once been in a game where they were on both towers, maybe you just have bad luck. Also it takes 2 jumps with tank if you work your way up the tower from the bottom. Its all about learning the tricks of each class.

Flag Post

Hey all! We are going to try to do a pass on a lot of the small map glitches for every map. Could you please post images like the ones above? Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Hey all! We are going to try to do a pass on a lot of the small map glitches for every map. Could you please post images like the ones above? Thanks!

Here come a couple from Shuttlebay. I’ll put them in separate posts for clarity.

Flag Post

If you charge in this direction towards my aiming thing,

You get stuck in here:

And you can only get out by suiciding with grenades or by being shot from a weird angle.

Flag Post

These walls are permeable to bullets (which generally aren’t a problem). The biggest issue is you can snipe through them without being seen and without leaving a bullet trail, which makes counter-sniping more difficult.

Flag Post

This is one that hasn’t been reported yet (I think). If you go towards there,

You end up going into the wall a ways and you can’t be locked onto.

Note my wing tips barely poking out as I go into the wall. It goes in even further than that. This is a problem because sometimes a grenade will throw an enemy into the wall and they’ll become invulnerable to you shooting them or even locking on, thus wasting your strategic advantage of fall stunning them.

Flag Post

Related to the first one. If you go in here:

You can see into the spawn tunnel, as well as the same problems mentioned in the previous post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

I hope you clicked the a Abraaz :D

Anyway…. here’s my problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2Hea-3R9Q

In this video I’m playing as a scout running around with the doped saber (yay), everyone says its fine and it doesn’t deal too much damage and stuff like that, but throughout the course of the game I’m constantly hitting 100+ and sometimes over 200….. with the dash.

Anyway, FRG said I wasn’t clear on this so…. (I think that the editing got messed up a bit when I uploaded it to youtube). But I’m consistantly hitting over 100 with the DS (at least with every hit) and occasionally over 200, its damn OP, there was one point in the game when a guy had around 60hp left and instead of the normal get hit a little and watch your health go down, he died instantly. At almost all those kills you could see that all I had to do was hold down right click and Boom! Unless they have a shotgun (and even then, if I surprise them they may still die), I will almost always kill them or force them to suicide.

The only way to counter this is to use use your Q (Tank, Scout), use a stunning weapon or bombing (easier said then done). Now while this may seem like a lot of options, techs don’t really have any…. They doped saber rapidly out damages their heal rate (their heal rate is fine, don’t go buffing it and keeping the DS the same). The stunning weapon makes it harder to kill and the DS’r being a scout can usually outrun them (or in normal circumstances use their primary and then run into the face of the other scout, then chop after swapping).

That leaves bombs for your average player, now I don’t have a shotgun so I’m one of them….. If they’re running towards you and you bomb and hit them, then its all over for them (make sure you continue to run backwards), make sure you stay a bit higher then them (they can’t chop upwards [lol]), if you miss, then they’ll probably catch you :(….. Also remember that the lagger ones are worse, they will be able to hit you from 10m away and deal HUGE damage.

Anyway…. In the long run I’m saying the DS seems a bit glitched (the Doped Spear is definitely is a lag glitch), so I’m putting it here because of that, if it isn’t then feel free to move it to the suggestions box.

Flag Post

Europe server stopped working says i got connection error but i can connect to other servers easily despite being in Europe and the fact it shows higher ping for other servers.
Shown in game server pings
US West 195
US East 135
Europe 63

Flag Post

thats what i was talking about abraaz theres always on both towers(not talking about floating towers that are separated) not to mention the fact when they get up there they are almost unmovable and gunner doesnt need to go in same way as tank as he can just get on one of towers with lifts then fly from it

Btw, a quick way to get height is to jump over edge of underside and then press shift. Your momentum will carry you high.

Flag Post

Europe server stopped working says i got connection error but i can connect to other servers easily despite being in Europe and the fact it shows higher ping for other servers.
Shown in game server pings
US West 195
US East 135
Europe 63

nobody is ever on the europe server so does it even matter? everybody is USW all the way!