How to abuse the Scout page 2

41 posts

Flag Post

i deduce that if there were 3 techs and 3 S3’s, it would be nearly impossible to get the CP

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

i deduce that if there were 3 techs and 3 S3’s, it would be nearly impossible to get the CP

no. 3 new tanks could stop them. But you played very bad if that happens.

Flag Post

i held my own in a 3v1 and got a 100 KS with 1 tech and an S3
EDIT: vs tank, gunner and tech

Flag Post

In this build of the game, all rounds fall into two categories. Games where the base is successfully locked down with Suppressors, and games where it’s a free for all. That’s how powerful the tech is.

In a locked down game (two S3s in the base), I have only once seen the Suppressors broken. I’m not really sure how it happened, even. The best loadout for the suppressing team seems to be 2 Tech, 2 Tank, 1 Scout. The Techs sit in the base and spam heal. The Tanks sit in the base, repel intruders, and are unkillable with two healing beams. The Scout flies around finishing off enemies who get blasted out of the base, and he also makes sure a Gunner doesn’t set up and snipe into the base.

In theory, Tank is the best option to take down Tech, because he can use his invulnerability ball to ignore the firestorm of damage aimed at him, and go straight for the Tech and knock him out. In practice, I haven’t seen it work yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Noly:
Originally posted by vezwyx:

If a scout and another guy are duking it out, and they both know what they’re doing, I find the scout wins. The gunner isn’t all that good, and I can almost always swoop in with the sword and hack them to death. In battles with a tank, that’s the worst possible thing you could do. Don’t melee attack them unless they’re occupied with something else. If they’re sitting anywhere other than the ship, you can circle them and fly over them, pestering them with the machine gun until they’re dead. Inside the ship is a bit more difficult, but still not that big of a challenge. Versus a tech, if they’re healing another guy, kill the tech. You don’t stand a chance against any enemy that’s got that tech support, but if you can take out the tech, you’ll usually still have enough shield/health to finish off the other guy. If it’s just you and a tech, you’ve got it made, as long as their suppressor isn’t around. If it is, I throw grenades until it’s destroyed, concentrating fire on it as well. Once that’s out of the way, I usually have to heal up, and then go back and take care of the tech. Against another scout is usually the hardest battle. They have the same mobility that you do, and good scouts know how to evade and get the hell out of there. If I’m tailed by another scout, I use my turbo-speed to get out of his range, heal up, and then turn around and kill him. I find this is what most other good scouts do as well. Don’t try to fight another scout if he got the first shot. You’ll almost always lose. In melee battles, usually the first hitter wins, so if you can get that in, go for the kill. Otherwise, escape.
I hope this response demonstrates my complete disagreement with Da_Asian1’s answer. Moving around in a fight with a scout will only prolong your death, because any good scout will just keep following you. If you manage to get him down to low health, he’ll get away, heal, and come back. It works every time.

that sounds nice… but there are some flaws in your strategy:
1. Capturing: Not a scout´s job? Ok, and what do you do if you all are scouts? Won´t work well, right? I was in a game against a team of scouts… and they had good kill/death ratios… but we won. You need to capture to win. Kills give you nothing.
2. Healing: You need a tech for that… or the healing spot. Problem: it can be picked up by someone else. In addition, the enemies could be there as well… and that is the scouts big weakness: If you have to go somewhere… you get predictable. Good for your enemies.

Capturing is only not a scout’s job if you make it not a scout’s job. You’re a scout, there’s nobody in the enemy-controlled base, and you choose to fly off somewhere else. You didn’t even give yourself a chance to capture it. You suck; you’re purposely avoiding trying to complete the primary objective of the game because it’s “not your class’s job.” I’m a scout, there’s nobody in the enemy-controlled base, and I go for it. Two things can happen: I succeed and capture the base, or someone comes in and either kills me or I escape, failing in my objective. I’m awesome; I’m aware that if someone does come in, I’m probably just going to have to get out of there, but if I succeed, others on my team will come to the base and start defending it. I’ve captured the base so many times as a scout, and my team wins more often than not. And you hold that who’s got the flaws in their strategy?

Flag Post

but one thing that is really REALLY hard for any class to do? run down a hallway with 2 good railgunners in the middle and getting in nade range… thats REALLY hard…

Flag Post

yeah… credits to skydrive and blackhawke to making me do all kinds of things to get them in their positions..
Actually scouts should practice with good gunners like this to hone their skills….

Flag Post

would limits to how many people a good idea because most of the time i see half of the team
scouts

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

hehe, i know a good combo that will pretty much kill a scout easily if 1 tries to make a 2v1 against me or is just dumb to attack me. 1 hit and u’ll be lucky to survive ;)

that’s a bit egotistic of you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Noly:

If a scout and another guy are duking it out, and they both know what they’re doing, I find the scout wins. The gunner isn’t all that good, and I can almost always swoop in with the sword and hack them to death. In battles with a tank, that’s the worst possible thing you could do. Don’t melee attack them unless they’re occupied with something else. If they’re sitting anywhere other than the ship, you can circle them and fly over them, pestering them with the machine gun until they’re dead. Inside the ship is a bit more difficult, but still not that big of a challenge. Versus a tech, if they’re healing another guy, kill the tech. You don’t stand a chance against any enemy that’s got that tech support, but if you can take out the tech, you’ll usually still have enough shield/health to finish off the other guy. If it’s just you and a tech, you’ve got it made, as long as their suppressor isn’t around. If it is, I throw grenades until it’s destroyed, concentrating fire on it as well. Once that’s out of the way, I usually have to heal up, and then go back and take care of the tech. Against another scout is usually the hardest battle. They have the same mobility that you do, and good scouts know how to evade and get the hell out of there. If I’m tailed by another scout, I use my turbo-speed to get out of his range, heal up, and then turn around and kill him. I find this is what most other good scouts do as well. Don’t try to fight another scout if he got the first shot. You’ll almost always lose. In melee battles, usually the first hitter wins, so if you can get that in, go for the kill. Otherwise, escape.
I hope this response demonstrates my complete disagreement with Da_Asian1’s answer. Moving around in a fight with a scout will only prolong your death, because any good scout will just keep following you. If you manage to get him down to low health, he’ll get away, heal, and come back. It works every time.

that sounds nice… but there are some flaws in your strategy:
1. Capturing: Not a scout´s job? Ok, and what do you do if you all are scouts? Won´t work well, right? I was in a game against a team of scouts… and they had good kill/death ratios… but we won. You need to capture to win. Kills give you nothing.
2. Healing: You need a tech for that… or the healing spot. Problem: it can be picked up by someone else. In addition, the enemies could be there as well… and that is the scouts big weakness: If you have to go somewhere… you get predictable. Good for your enemies.

Capturing is only not a scout’s job if you make it not a scout’s job. You’re a scout, there’s nobody in the enemy-controlled base, and you choose to fly off somewhere else. You didn’t even give yourself a chance to capture it. You suck; you’re purposely avoiding trying to complete the primary objective of the game because it’s “not your class’s job.” I’m a scout, there’s nobody in the enemy-controlled base, and I go for it. Two things can happen: I succeed and capture the base, or someone comes in and either kills me or I escape, failing in my objective. I’m awesome; I’m aware that if someone does come in, I’m probably just going to have to get out of there, but if I succeed, others on my team will come to the base and start defending it. I’ve captured the base so many times as a scout, and my team wins more often than not. And you hold that who’s got the flaws in their strategy?

im usely in the team that even if you get the control point no one defends it

Flag Post

here is my idea always have gernades even when your losing a fight with a scout shoot a gernade at the other person then sabor chop another one is ones u use sabor chop wait 10-12 secs then u will be able to do it again that is a good way to surprise a enemy so they won’t ever expect it and if the enemy has less then half hp u will kill them as long as they are not tanks then a quarter of there hp

Flag Post

Scout only has an advantage against a gunner if he gets the first hits. Its incredible speed helps with this goal. I view scout as a class to weaken enemies before they enter the center and kill them before they can heal from the center. They are not an especially useful class if the enemy has the center, as with techs. Techs are no problem if you know what you are doing. If you have time, study their play pattern. Suckier techs will just heal their turret and hope it kills you, while more skilled techs will switch to their pulser and try to take you out. Basically, u want to focus on the one thats attacking you. Grenades are your weapon of choice against them. It is ridiculously easy to take out a stationary target with them, and a tech is disadvantaged in 1 to 1 combat. REMEMBER: ALWAYS HAVE AS MUCH GRENADES IN SUPPLY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!

Flag Post
Originally posted by 300fans:

Scout only has an advantage against a gunner if he gets the first hits.

I disagree. Having the first attack can prove fatal for a scout, if they thunder kick you and you f-bomb that destroys their shield and leave them unable to move for 1-2s. In this time you can remove 75+% of a scouts HP leaving a simple kill if they are too far from an exit.

Flag Post

Depends. If a lousy Gunner is up…It’ll be easy to trash.

If it’s a good Gunner, forget about first hit if you are charging in. You’ll die before you reach a good Gunner. Newbie Scouts have been killed in 1 combo by good Gunners before.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowex1650:

If it’s a good Gunner, forget about first hit if you are charging in. You’ll die before you reach a good Gunner. Newbie Scouts have been killed in 1 combo by good Gunners before.

that’s why i <3 tank it’s harder to see a tank coming and they can brostun them into submission

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:
Originally posted by shadowex1650:

that’s why i <3 tank it’s harder to see a tank coming and they can brostun them into submission

Usually, a good Gunner, if s/he notices, can bring the Tank down to 100 HP. Sometimes 2 HP. Maybe a kill. But they usually use that freaking bubble…D:

Scouts, remember, you move fast. So start being a ninja, and sneak up on those gunners. NOT CHARGE HEAD FIRST.