Design Your Favorite Class page 2

1321 posts

Flag Post

Commando (support class)

Primary Weapon: Energy Magnum
Secondary weapon" Void Saber (similar to scout sword but drains their shield by 20 per second for 15 seconds and does not allow it to recharge)
Q ability: Marker (marks a specific enemy and even reveals cloaked characters. Everyone does 20% more damage to that person with 50% precision)
E ability: Flare/Reinforcements (can spawn a selected person waiting to spawn at the marked point)

All nearby teammates will get a 10% damage and critical buff. Commando has an auto cloak but will turn off if for 5 seconds if hit, attacking or using an ability. Cloak is not perfect and shows a blur or distortion to nearby enemies.

Health: 200, shield: 250

 
Flag Post

Freefall Arcade was a co-op game where you fight aliens and had all the same classes and weapons. In it however each of the classes had 4 weapons.
The developers already have the stats for these weapons so they’ll be easy to use in later classes. Freefall Arcade is a facebook app if anyone wants to look at ot for ideas.

In it the scout has a stun gun and tech an electric gun that can hit multiple targets Id like a class with those weapons and with a special to drain an equivalent amount of health for the damage they do for about the same time a tank has it’s neutron shield. Their melee would be a down low kick that knocks enemies down.

 
Flag Post

A debuff and buffing class.

NecroBot: A light armor unit that hinders the enemy
Primary: SMG
Secondary: Dual Pistols
Melee: Energy Quarter Staff

Ability 1: A AoE that stuns any foes caught in it as well as lower defense.
Ability 2: A quick warp that damages bots caught inbetween
Ability 3: Grenade

PaladinDrode: A mid armor unit that aids allies

Primary: Enery Magnum
Secondary: Energy Spear (G.U.N.G.I.R)

Ability 1: An AoE that increases attack and regenerates health to allies.
Ability 2: An AoE that boosts speed of allies but depleets armor of the user
Ability 3: Grenade

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Etank:

A debuff and buffing class.

NecroBot: A light armor unit that hinders the enemy
Primary: SMG
Secondary: Dual Pistols
Melee: Energy Quarter Staff

Ability 1: A AoE that stuns any foes caught in it as well as lower defense.
Ability 2: A quick warp that damages bots caught inbetween
Ability 3: Grenade

PaladinDrode: A mid armor unit that aids allies

Primary: Enery Magnum
Secondary: Energy Spear (G.U.N.G.I.R)

Ability 1: An AoE that increases attack and regenerates health to allies.
Ability 2: An AoE that boosts speed of allies but depleets armor of the user
Ability 3: Grenade

Way to copy my energy magnum _ lol

 
Flag Post

NOTE: this idea will only work if vehicles are integrated into the game.

anti-tank

Primary weapon: a magnetically powered grenade launcher on rails. (like a amped up railgun) when fired, the magnet pushes the rail with the grenade on top. At the end of the firing tube, the rocket shoots out punching a hole in the side of a vehicle. The rail will also fly out and smack any people in the line of sight.

Secondary weapon: a short ranged smg.

Special ability: artillery barrage. Calls in artillery to fire randomly in a location for about 10 seconds. Long cooldown.

Extra: Anti-tanks are not equiped with grenades, but with 6 C4 packs. If directly beside a vehicle, you can press “f” and you will place C4 on the vehicle. If not near a vehicle, you can press “f” and you will throw the C4 pack on the groun in front of you.

Press “g” and all of the C4 blows up immediately.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by kirbykibble:

NOTE: this idea will only work if vehicles are integrated into the game.

anti-tank

Primary weapon: a magnetically powered grenade launcher on rails. (like a amped up railgun) when fired, the magnet pushes the rail with the grenade on top. At the end of the firing tube, the rocket shoots out punching a hole in the side of a vehicle. The rail will also fly out and smack any people in the line of sight.

Secondary weapon: a short ranged smg.

Special ability: artillery barrage. Calls in artillery to fire randomly in a location for about 10 seconds. Long cooldown.

Extra: Anti-tanks are not equiped with grenades, but with 6 C4 packs. If directly beside a vehicle, you can press “f” and you will place C4 on the vehicle. If not near a vehicle, you can press “f” and you will throw the C4 pack on the groun in front of you.

Press “g” and all of the C4 blows up immediately.

I don’t like the C4 idea. That would lead to major spawn trapping, with entire teams of anti-tankers C4ing the enemy spawn points.

 
Flag Post

Oooookay, so, I’ve seen some people wishing there were magi in this game, some wishing there were (de)buffers. Well, I spent some time designing a class that maybe fits those ideas. So here it is:
Note: wherever I put a (?) mark it means I was uncertain whether it should be like that or not and it’d be a nice idea if people discussed over it.

Name: Disrupter(?) – A low-health support unit.

Overall Concept: Okay, I’ll first explain the main concept behind the Disrupter:
In order to use his main weapon (the Energy Bow), use some of his skills or Warp(will be explained later), he needs Energy [just like mages need mana!].

Energy is slowly recovered over time or can be drained from enemies (will be explained).

Weapons: 1.SMG: same weapon as the Scout’s.
  • 2.Energy Bow: Damage: Medium(?)
    Cooldown: Medium(?)
    Special effects: Disables armour quickly. Has a chain effect (with a lot less efficiency) on enemies close to one another.
  • Consumes a little energy on each shot. [1-2%] Can be disabled by a Disruption-Bomb.
Skills:

Q – Blast: Energy wave that repels enemies and stuns them for a short(?) while.
*The wave is released in all directions from the Disrupter. (in a “Thou shalt not pass!” fashion)
*Consumes ~25%(?) of maximum energy.
*Short cooldown.

E – Drain: The Disrupter draws a special dagger and stabs an enemy, the dagger drains the victim’s armour, transforming it into Energy for the Disrupter.

  • Both players are vulnerable to enemy fire while the draining is taking place.
  • After the proccess, the victim drops to their knees, stunned for a very short while [0.25~0.5 sec] (I decided to add this in order to give the Disrupter a split second to flee from the scene, since he has very few hitpoints)
  • Does not consume energy.
  • Short~Medium cooldown.(?)

F – Disruption Bomb: Thrown bomb that instantly disrupts any(?) player’s armour within the AoE.{this skill is for those who wanted an EMP skill}
The bomb also disrupts:
– Tanks’ shields [ or maybe just shortens their duration (?)]
Temporarily disables Scouts’ blades – as far as I could notice, their sabres are made from energy, so the bomb would affect them as well.
Temporarily disables suppressors.
EDIT: Also drains other Disrupters’ energy.

  • Efficiency depends on the distance form the centre of the explosion.
  • Consumes 75% of maximum energy and 1 bomb.
  • Long Cooldown.

Additional feature: Warp: This ability replaces the default Jetpack, instead of struggling against gravity, the Disrupter teleports and gains speed in a direction. _The travel distance and speed gained would depend on how long the Spacebar key is held down (in a similar way to the Tank’s jetpack).

  • Short cooldown to prevent abuse.[0.25~0.5 seconds]
  • Consumes little energy [from 1% to 5% depending on distance].
  • Can go through walls(?). Notice that doing so would consume a lot more energy [15%~25%] in order to prevent abuse!!
    Being able to go through walls would be an interesting feature, giving space to many new strategies.

Keep in mind that balancing would depend on the community’s feedback.
This is a low-health support class, it isn’t supposed to take on battles, it should always be lurking in the shadows, trying to help its team. Head on combat would be a complete failure.

Please do mind giving a response to this concept, as it took me a while to make.

Peace, Glauro.

 
Flag Post

a lot of awesome ideas coming in this thread. you guys will be glad to hear that a lot of these ideas are already in the works (great gamer minds think alike!) for our next classes, as well as some enhancements to our current classes as we go. and there are some fresh ideas here i hadn’t thought of yet, but am eager to add into the mix.

and trog, you are right that the other types of weapons from Arcade are going to get re-added and retuned for the pvp armory. also, we will be adding many different types of F-Bombs to the mix, including the various types of bombs from arcade.

keep the creative juices flowing, guys, we are taking notes! =)

 
Flag Post

i think they shoud have a shotgunner a invible cloak as well as a make your own charater thing only with the parts allready there.

 
Flag Post

How about an assassian! (fast stealthy mech)
Primary weapon: Shotgun (super powerful but bad accuracy)
Secondary weapon: Claws (Kidof like guantlets)
Q ability: Stealth for 5 seconds (10 was a bit too much)this would help the losing team to get thier score up
E ability: Punch (mostly just a regular fist
F ability: Frag Grenade (explosion sends out other mini grenades)
Jet Pack: Located on feet (Acts like the tank were you charge up then blast away)
Speed: Sort of in the middle of the scout and gunners speed
Health: 200HP
Look: Eyes glow gold/blue depending on the team/has a metal hood and cape with blue/gold zig zagged stripes down it/It stands in a knees-bent form/when running it sort of bends down a little like the scout.

Hope you like my idea!

 
Flag Post

new modes for each of the 4 existing class:
gunner: full-snipe mode, lays down on the ground and increase 150 accuracy, does not have a flashy aura so very hard to find. Because the gunner is laid down, it will take 2 seconds to get up to get out of the mode or get down into the mode.
new weapon specifically designed for this mode: silent sniper rifle, less damage than rail gun but very hard to trace(only indication of location is by the direction that the target is knocked back), does not pierce, slightly lower damage than rail gun.

tank: defensive fire, crouches down, holding the heavy machine gun with one hand and the forward knee. The left hand will then be freed to activate shield(the one for hammer mode right key). Shield will be down when reloading the weapon as well as when its heat is over-limit as it is now. Cannot use hammer while in this mode nor enter this mode while using hammer, and switching weapons will cause a 2 second period where the tank is unable to perform any other action(except Q shield) Because of the knee mount gun position, this will also take 2 seconds to engage/disengage. Will fall over and become disengaged if hit by grenade or E melee skill (except that of tech’s kick, which is not strong enough to disengage)
new weapon design: machine gun: a lighter version of the heavy machine gun that allows engage/disengage of the defensive fire mode to be done in 1 second instead, but lower damage than heavy machine gun.

tech: suppressor armaments: opens the suppressor and goes in it, allowing the tech to stay inside the suppressor. The benefit is that the tech is now protected from fire and therefore cannot be interrupted via knockback. The drawback is that the tech can only heal while in this mode and unable to attack. The tech is also unable to upgrade suppressor while in this mode. Due to the complex procedure of the combination action, it will take 3 consecutive seconds of very close proximity to join and 2 seconds to disengage.
new weapon design: recharger: heals both the hp and shield of the target at a higher rate, but only affects the target.

scout: evasion mode: once engaged, the scout will automatically sway randomly left and right within a certain radius of original trajectory compared to not engaged in this mode(meaning if you keep going forward with this engaged, you will still end up very near to original destination even if traveled a long distance). As an additional benefit, this will reduce the max range that the enemy can lock on you, and will also randomly disengage enemy’s lock on you for 1-3 seconds even within lock range. For drawback, this mode will slightly reduce your net forward movement speed as well as causing you to unable to lock with your attacks. This mode will also drain booster fuel if engaged while in mid-air when booster is not in use, the rate of drain is roughly 1/4 of regular flight. There is no engage/disengage timer for this mode.
new weapon: automatic shotgun: as you are often unable to lock with your attacks, the AoE nature of this weapon’s attack will help greatly, low RoF, medium damage but fires multiple rounds per attack.

 
Flag Post

my idea: Pulse
-primary weapon: a small pistol
-secondary weapon: lazer gun that slowly drains enemys health
-Q special: shoots a glowing orb that does a huge explosion which does tons of damadge but takes a loooooong time to reload.
-E special: headbutt
-health: 275

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Subtlewolf:

Juggernaut.

600 hp
500shield

There’s the problem with that class. 500 shield is the most of any class currently by 350 points, is it not? Having a shield of that strength alone would be an immense advantage. I’m quite sure that no “purely offensive class” would have the defensive capability this class has.

 
Flag Post

In considering shield strength of the classes, I came up with this…
Shielddare
100 HP
300 Shield
Primary weapon: submachine gun of similar strength to the scout’s.
Secondary weapon: bubble shield. This would create a large spherical energy shield that, in essence, is the Shielddare’s shield. If the shield is hit, the Shielddare’s shield HP goes down accordingly. Left click to activate/deactivate the shield, and right click only works if the shield is activated: stun and slightly damage any enemies inside of the shield’s radius (yes, this means the shield is permeable to enemies), and also deals 50 damage to the shield. I mainly included this ability to give the Shielddare a defense against melee fighters swooping in and killing the poor guy, because making the shield impenetrable to enemies would be too powerful, I think. The activated bubble shield regenerates at the same rate as any other shield. The shield is also permeable to grenades (but not grenade blasts, which are either completely contained by or protected against by the shield), making the Shielddare particularly vulnerable to them.
Q: recharges shield instantly. High CD (around CD for Tank’s force field) to balance the power of this ability, especially for this class.
E: body slam (similar to tank’s).
The Shielddare would have medium mobility, both running- and jetpack-wise (similar to Gunner mobility).
Constructive criticism encouraged.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Glauro:


Name: Disrupter(?) – A low-health support unit.

Overall Concept: Okay, I’ll first explain the main concept behind the Disrupter:
In order to use his main weapon (the Energy Bow), use some of his skills or Warp(will be explained later), he needs Energy [just like mages need mana!].

Energy is slowly recovered over time or can be drained from enemies (will be explained).

Weapons: 1.SMG: same weapon as the Scout’s.


  • 2.Energy Bow: Damage: Medium(?)
    Cooldown: Medium(?)
    Special effects: Disables armour quickly. Has a chain effect (with a lot less efficiency) on enemies close to one another.

  • Consumes a little energy on each shot. [1-2%] Can be disabled by a Disruption-Bomb.
  • Skills:

    Q – Blast: Energy wave that repels enemies and stuns them for a short(?) while.
    *The wave is released in all directions from the Disrupter. (in a “Thou shalt not pass!” fashion)
    *Consumes ~25%(?) of maximum energy.
    *Short cooldown.


    E – Drain: The Disrupter draws a special dagger and stabs an enemy, the dagger drains the victim’s armour, transforming it into Energy for the Disrupter.



    • Both players are vulnerable to enemy fire while the draining is taking place.

    • After the proccess, the victim drops to their knees, stunned for a very short while [0.25~0.5 sec] (I decided to add this in order to give the Disrupter a split second to flee from the scene, since he has very few hitpoints)

    • Does not consume energy.

    • Short~Medium cooldown.(?)
    • F – Disruption Bomb: Thrown bomb that instantly disrupts any(?) player’s armour within the AoE.{this skill is for those who wanted an EMP skill}
      The bomb also disrupts:
      – Tanks’ shields [ or maybe just shortens their duration (?)]
      Temporarily disables Scouts’ blades – as far as I could notice, their sabres are made from energy, so the bomb would affect them as well.
      Temporarily disables suppressors.
      EDIT: Also drains other Disrupters’ energy.

      • Efficiency depends on the distance form the centre of the explosion.
      • Consumes 75% of maximum energy and 1 bomb.
      • Long Cooldown.

      Additional feature: Warp: This ability replaces the default Jetpack, instead of struggling against gravity, the Disrupter teleports and gains speed in a direction. _The travel distance and speed gained would depend on how long the Spacebar key is held down (in a similar way to the Tank’s jetpack).

      • Short cooldown to prevent abuse.[0.25~0.5 seconds]
      • Consumes little energy [from 1% to 5% depending on distance].
      • Can go through walls(?). Notice that doing so would consume a lot more energy [15%~25%] in order to prevent abuse!!
        Being able to go through walls would be an interesting feature, giving space to many new strategies.

      Keep in mind that balancing would depend on the community’s feedback.
      This is a low-health support class, it isn’t supposed to take on battles, it should always be lurking in the shadows, trying to help its team. Head on combat would be a complete failure.

      Please do mind giving a response to this concept, as it took me a while to make.

      Peace, Glauro.

Alright, I’ve got a few points I’d like to bring up…
For the Energy Bow, instead of chaining to nearby enemies, why not make it an AoE attack? I think that would be more effective, giving the Disruptor a bit of offensive potential (although I realize he isn’t supposed to be powerful in that way).
For the Blast ability, I think it would be much more effective as a ranged ability, not requiring the Disruptor to put himself at risk (a very bad idea for a Disruptor). Of course, this would make it much like a stun bomb…if it pushed enemies a fair distance and didn’t stun them for very long, it would be less like that and much more balanced. Long stuns aren’t fun.
For the Drain ability, it should add a significant amount of energy to the user, as it’s a melee attack. I also think it should completely drain the shield of the enemy in one hit, but be completely ineffective for HP damage. The short CD is a good idea, as it doesn’t allow for the disabling of an enemy entirely by simply Draining them constantly. The short stun is a good idea too, maybe a damage debuff would be more effective in giving the Disruptor a chance to escape, and it’s also a very support-class-y ability.
For the Disruption Bomb, my first concern is that none of the other classes have access to alternate grenades (yet…). This would be a big advantage on its own. Making it damage enemies and friendlies, like you said, would balance that, I think. Shortening the duration of Tank shields is the better choice.
I LOVE the warp ability. It’s definitely the coolest ability I’ve seen so far. I think I would want to play a Disruptor just to have the Warp ability. It shouldn’t cost too much to travel through walls, as this is the Disruptor’s primary defense, is it not? If he has low health, limited energy to use for Blasts and Drains, and does a medium-ish amount of damage (which also depends on his energy level), he’s not going to last very long against anyone unless he has some way to get away. Warping through walls would be way cool, and an effective way to get away without just making Disruptors super fast like Scouts.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by vezwyx:
Originally posted by Glauro:


Name: Disrupter(?) – A low-health support unit.

Overall Concept: Okay, I’ll first explain the main concept behind the Disrupter:
In order to use his main weapon (the Energy Bow), use some of his skills or Warp(will be explained later), he needs Energy [just like mages need mana!].

Energy is slowly recovered over time or can be drained from enemies (will be explained).

Weapons: 1.SMG: same weapon as the Scout’s.


  • 2.Energy Bow: Damage: Medium(?)
    Cooldown: Medium(?)
    Special effects: Disables armour quickly. Has a chain effect (with a lot less efficiency) on enemies close to one another.

  • Consumes a little energy on each shot. [1-2%] Can be disabled by a Disruption-Bomb.
  • Skills:

    Q – Blast: Energy wave that repels enemies and stuns them for a short(?) while.
    *The wave is released in all directions from the Disrupter. (in a “Thou shalt not pass!” fashion)
    *Consumes ~25%(?) of maximum energy.
    *Short cooldown.


    E – Drain: The Disrupter draws a special dagger and stabs an enemy, the dagger drains the victim’s armour, transforming it into Energy for the Disrupter.



    • Both players are vulnerable to enemy fire while the draining is taking place.

    • After the proccess, the victim drops to their knees, stunned for a very short while [0.25~0.5 sec] (I decided to add this in order to give the Disrupter a split second to flee from the scene, since he has very few hitpoints)

    • Does not consume energy.

    • Short~Medium cooldown.(?)
    • F – Disruption Bomb: Thrown bomb that instantly disrupts any(?) player’s armour within the AoE.{this skill is for those who wanted an EMP skill}
      The bomb also disrupts:
      – Tanks’ shields [ or maybe just shortens their duration (?)]
      Temporarily disables Scouts’ blades – as far as I could notice, their sabres are made from energy, so the bomb would affect them as well.
      Temporarily disables suppressors.
      EDIT: Also drains other Disrupters’ energy.

      • Efficiency depends on the distance form the centre of the explosion.
      • Consumes 75% of maximum energy and 1 bomb.
      • Long Cooldown.

      Additional feature: Warp: This ability replaces the default Jetpack, instead of struggling against gravity, the Disrupter teleports and gains speed in a direction. _The travel distance and speed gained would depend on how long the Spacebar key is held down (in a similar way to the Tank’s jetpack).

      • Short cooldown to prevent abuse.[0.25~0.5 seconds]
      • Consumes little energy [from 1% to 5% depending on distance].
      • Can go through walls(?). Notice that doing so would consume a lot more energy [15%~25%] in order to prevent abuse!!
        Being able to go through walls would be an interesting feature, giving space to many new strategies.

      Keep in mind that balancing would depend on the community’s feedback.
      This is a low-health support class, it isn’t supposed to take on battles, it should always be lurking in the shadows, trying to help its team. Head on combat would be a complete failure.

      Please do mind giving a response to this concept, as it took me a while to make.

      Peace, Glauro.

Alright, I’ve got a few points I’d like to bring up…
For the Energy Bow, instead of chaining to nearby enemies, why not make it an AoE attack? I think that would be more effective, giving the Disruptor a bit of offensive potential (although I realize he isn’t supposed to be powerful in that way).
For the Blast ability, I think it would be much more effective as a ranged ability, not requiring the Disruptor to put himself at risk (a very bad idea for a Disruptor). Of course, this would make it much like a stun bomb…if it pushed enemies a fair distance and didn’t stun them for very long, it would be less like that and much more balanced. Long stuns aren’t fun.
For the Drain ability, it should add a significant amount of energy to the user, as it’s a melee attack. I also think it should completely drain the shield of the enemy in one hit, but be completely ineffective for HP damage. The short CD is a good idea, as it doesn’t allow for the disabling of an enemy entirely by simply Draining them constantly. The short stun is a good idea too, maybe a damage debuff would be more effective in giving the Disruptor a chance to escape, and it’s also a very support-class-y ability.
For the Disruption Bomb, my first concern is that none of the other classes have access to alternate grenades (yet…). This would be a big advantage on its own. Making it damage enemies and friendlies, like you said, would balance that, I think. Shortening the duration of Tank shields is the better choice.
I LOVE the warp ability. It’s definitely the coolest ability I’ve seen so far. I think I would want to play a Disruptor just to have the Warp ability. It shouldn’t cost too much to travel through walls, as this is the Disruptor’s primary defense, is it not? If he has low health, limited energy to use for Blasts and Drains, and does a medium-ish amount of damage (which also depends on his energy level), he’s not going to last very long against anyone unless he has some way to get away. Warping through walls would be way cool, and an effective way to get away without just making Disruptors super fast like Scouts.

so what if u get stuck while warping through a wall? Perhaps an ability to just walk through objects instead and if u run out of energy and u aren’t out, u will die? Though teleportation is a good idea and the developers have most likely planned something for that.

 
Flag Post

Assassin

Health:300
Shield:100

Main weapon: Duel pistols

Secondary weapon:Duel Swords

Speed:35.7

Q power:Stealth

E power: Teleport

F power: that gernade thing

Assassin should be a fast class but low level and it should be designed with a helmet but with a cloth like mask and when ur not useing the swords they are shealthed on the back and when u do the pistols and shealthed in the holsters and if ur invisable u should see at least outlines of the assassin

 
Flag Post

Seeing the Assasin and the Shielddare, you could make essentially an only-melee sort of character.
200 HP
500 Shield
Primary Weapon: Energy Sword
Secondary Weapon: Shield
Now, let me explain here. You might think that 500 shield is a lot, but it works in with the game mechanics of this character.
The Energy Sword would be faster at attacking than the Saber, but would drop down to even worse attacking speeds than the Mauler if the person’s shield was reduced to 0.
It would have around the same attacking abilities as the Mauler.
This gives the person a sort-of Assasin nature, not wanting to be seen to avoid getting his shield reduced.

The second weapon, the shield, is his shield. My idea for the shield, it would be impermeable. And when he equips it, it would expand. See, this character has his original shield, but when he equips the shield, it expands, and being impermeable, acts sort of like a force-field. It’s permeable to your allies. It makes a sort of cover-shield. However, if your shield runs out, you start taking health damage in place of keeping the shield bit up, making it strategic in defending, while still having to be extermely careful. Also, if you manage to push somebody against the wall, it should do constant damage untill they can fly up and out of it.

Now obviously these mechanics I have just suggested are not permanent, and I am fully open to changes. A hybrid scout/tank is very hard to form.
I have not designated abilities yet, and would like help to think of some suitable for a character such as this.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by knux123:

Seeing the Assasin and the Shielddare, you could make essentially an only-melee sort of character.
200 HP
500 Shield
Primary Weapon: Energy Sword
Secondary Weapon: Shield
Now, let me explain here. You might think that 500 shield is a lot, but it works in with the game mechanics of this character.
The Energy Sword would be faster at attacking than the Saber, but would drop down to even worse attacking speeds than the Mauler if the person’s shield was reduced to 0.
It would have around the same attacking abilities as the Mauler.
This gives the person a sort-of Assasin nature, not wanting to be seen to avoid getting his shield reduced.

The second weapon, the shield, is his shield. My idea for the shield, it would be impermeable. And when he equips it, it would expand. See, this character has his original shield, but when he equips the shield, it expands, and being impermeable, acts sort of like a force-field. It’s permeable to your allies. It makes a sort of cover-shield. However, if your shield runs out, you start taking health damage in place of keeping the shield bit up, making it strategic in defending, while still having to be extermely careful. Also, if you manage to push somebody against the wall, it should do constant damage untill they can fly up and out of it.

Now obviously these mechanics I have just suggested are not permanent, and I am fully open to changes. A hybrid scout/tank is very hard to form.
I have not designated abilities yet, and would like help to think of some suitable for a character such as this.

Was going to post something similar to that. Along the names of Bertha, Behemoth, or Titan lol.

For abilities perhaps something to give it more mobility if it is a slow tank unit so other units cannot run circles around it avoiding it’s melee.

 
Flag Post

how about a class called the juggurnaught which is the cousin of the tank class and his primary weapon would be a energy laser, which would have to be recharged in 2~3 seconds and for the secondary class his weapon would be a shield which he drops so his team can go inside and enemies can’t. his speed would be very slow and he will have to use the elavator thingies to get up and down, because his jetpack can’t withstand his heavy body and armour, so it would just help him jump a long distance. for his abilities, his [q] would shoot a area of energy out and anyone including his teammates will be drained of their shield for a few minutes. for his [e] it would be the same ablity as the tank class, but a little bit stronger. for his bomb it would be a bomb that has a tremendous blast damage and balst area, but it would not detonate for a few seconds because the juggurnaught will have to run from the blast radius.

 
Flag Post

Spy or Ninja

250 hp and 200 shield
primary weapon: Laser shuriken 7~8 damage por each one , are heat seeker, they dont attack allies
secondary weapon: knife , shorter range but high damage ratio
(Q) = Copycat
it would make believe the others that you are one of their team mates, but that is not everything, to activate this ability you would have to get closer and when you by next to a dead body you click q , taking the appearance of that person and that person but your will have your weapons, while you’re disguised the enemy team will not be able to use the auto aim against you
(E) = you will punch the enemy at his faces, something like the thunder kick, just with more knock, like the knock back of a shoot in the air with the rail gun

(F) = a bomb that would stick to the opponent detonating in 3 sec in case that doesnt stick to the enemy it would stick to the wall or floor where you dropped, also could be a mine

I am fully open to changes.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zarex97:

Spy or Ninja

250 hp and 200 shield
primary weapon: Laser shuriken 7~8 damage por each one , are heat seeker, they dont attack allies
secondary weapon: knife , shorter range THAN THE SABER but high damage ratio
(Q) = Copycat
it would make believe the others that you are one of their team mates, but that is not everything, to activate this ability you would have to get closer and when you by next to a dead body you click q , taking the appearance of that person and that person but your will have your weapons, while you’re disguised the enemy team will not be able to use the auto aim against you
(E) = you will punch the enemy at his faces, something like the thunder kick, just with more knock, like the knock back of a shoot in the air with the rail gun

(F) = a bomb that would stick to the opponent detonating in 3 sec in case that doesnt stick to the enemy it would stick to the wall or floor where you dropped, also could be a mine

I am fully open to changes.

 
Flag Post

I have some errors because I writte very fast

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:
Originally posted by vezwyx:
Originally posted by Glauro:


Name: Disrupter(?) – A low-health support unit.

Overall Concept: Okay, I’ll first explain the main concept behind the Disrupter:
In order to use his main weapon (the Energy Bow), use some of his skills or Warp(will be explained later), he needs Energy [just like mages need mana!].

Energy is slowly recovered over time or can be drained from enemies (will be explained).

Weapons: 1.SMG: same weapon as the Scout’s.


  • 2.Energy Bow: Damage: Medium(?)
    Cooldown: Medium(?)
    Special effects: Disables armour quickly. Has a chain effect (with a lot less efficiency) on enemies close to one another.

  • Consumes a little energy on each shot. [1-2%] Can be disabled by a Disruption-Bomb.

  • Skills:

    Q – Blast: Energy wave that repels enemies and stuns them for a short(?) while.
    *The wave is released in all directions from the Disrupter. (in a “Thou shalt not pass!” fashion)
    *Consumes ~25%(?) of maximum energy.
    *Short cooldown.


    E – Drain: The Disrupter draws a special dagger and stabs an enemy, the dagger drains the victim’s armour, transforming it into Energy for the Disrupter.



    • Both players are vulnerable to enemy fire while the draining is taking place.

    • After the proccess, the victim drops to their knees, stunned for a very short while [0.25~0.5 sec] (I decided to add this in order to give the Disrupter a split second to flee from the scene, since he has very few hitpoints)

    • Does not consume energy.

    • Short~Medium cooldown.(?)

    • F – Disruption Bomb: Thrown bomb that instantly disrupts any(?) player’s armour within the AoE.{this skill is for those who wanted an EMP skill}
      The bomb also disrupts:
      – Tanks’ shields [ or maybe just shortens their duration (?)]
      Temporarily disables Scouts’ blades – as far as I could notice, their sabres are made from energy, so the bomb would affect them as well.
      Temporarily disables suppressors.
      EDIT: Also drains other Disrupters’ energy.



      • Efficiency depends on the distance form the centre of the explosion.

      • Consumes 75% of maximum energy and 1 bomb.

      • Long Cooldown.
      • Additional feature: Warp: This ability replaces the default Jetpack, instead of struggling against gravity, the Disrupter teleports and gains speed in a direction. _The travel distance and speed gained would depend on how long the Spacebar key is held down (in a similar way to the Tank’s jetpack).

        • Short cooldown to prevent abuse.[0.25~0.5 seconds]
        • Consumes little energy [from 1% to 5% depending on distance].
        • Can go through walls(?). Notice that doing so would consume a lot more energy [15%~25%] in order to prevent abuse!!
          Being able to go through walls would be an interesting feature, giving space to many new strategies.

        Keep in mind that balancing would depend on the community’s feedback.
        This is a low-health support class, it isn’t supposed to take on battles, it should always be lurking in the shadows, trying to help its team. Head on combat would be a complete failure.

        Please do mind giving a response to this concept, as it took me a while to make.

        Peace, Glauro.

Alright, I’ve got a few points I’d like to bring up…
For the Energy Bow, instead of chaining to nearby enemies, why not make it an AoE attack? I think that would be more effective, giving the Disruptor a bit of offensive potential (although I realize he isn’t supposed to be powerful in that way).
For the Blast ability, I think it would be much more effective as a ranged ability, not requiring the Disruptor to put himself at risk (a very bad idea for a Disruptor). Of course, this would make it much like a stun bomb…if it pushed enemies a fair distance and didn’t stun them for very long, it would be less like that and much more balanced. Long stuns aren’t fun.
For the Drain ability, it should add a significant amount of energy to the user, as it’s a melee attack. I also think it should completely drain the shield of the enemy in one hit, but be completely ineffective for HP damage. The short CD is a good idea, as it doesn’t allow for the disabling of an enemy entirely by simply Draining them constantly. The short stun is a good idea too, maybe a damage debuff would be more effective in giving the Disruptor a chance to escape, and it’s also a very support-class-y ability.
For the Disruption Bomb, my first concern is that none of the other classes have access to alternate grenades (yet…). This would be a big advantage on its own. Making it damage enemies and friendlies, like you said, would balance that, I think. Shortening the duration of Tank shields is the better choice.
I LOVE the warp ability. It’s definitely the coolest ability I’ve seen so far. I think I would want to play a Disruptor just to have the Warp ability. It shouldn’t cost too much to travel through walls, as this is the Disruptor’s primary defense, is it not? If he has low health, limited energy to use for Blasts and Drains, and does a medium-ish amount of damage (which also depends on his energy level), he’s not going to last very long against anyone unless he has some way to get away. Warping through walls would be way cool, and an effective way to get away without just making Disruptors super fast like Scouts.

so what if u get stuck while warping through a wall? Perhaps an ability to just walk through objects instead and if u run out of energy and u aren’t out, u will die? Though teleportation is a good idea and the developers have most likely planned something for that.

stuck? you mean if you ran out of energy when you are about to walk through walls in that case you will repelled I admit that maybe changing the pyshics it would affect the game with a lot of bugs like permanent ablity

 
Flag Post

all clases good , you need to know how to use them