Design Your Favorite Class

1216 posts

Flag Post

Go for it. Tell us in as much detail as possible what your ideal class would be if you were the designer. Please consider balance with the other classes. Note: this is for fun. We cannot build every idea and already have 8 more of our own in the works. But, if you have a great idea, it just might influence us.

Flag Post

how about the commando? it should go invisible and have a knife but its invisibility should be easier to see at closer range. also it should be the fastest robot in the whole game.

Flag Post

The Engineer.

1st Weapon: Flamethrower.
2nd Weapon: Spanner.
Q Ability: Mine.
E Ability: Right Hook.

Flamethrower does a constant stream of damage, but will overheat. When overheated, it takes time to cool down.
Spanner is a melee weapon, same as Sword, except…well…slower.
Mines are invisible, and only one can be placed at any time.
Right Hook moves the bot forward some, pushing foes.

Flag Post

The Spy (Inspired by TF2)
(If these are Under/OverPowered, please tell me, I haven’t played yet)
1st Weapon: Light SMG
2nd Weapon: Backstabbing Knife
Q Ability: Disguises as an Enemy, as to backstab a different Enemy (Able to Backstab while Disguised)
E Ability: Cloaks, unable to be seen unless bumped by a person or attacks a person.

The Rocketeer (Inspired by TF2)
(If this is in game, tell me)
1st Weapon: Rocket Launcher, instead of individual rockets, Clips. (Inspired by Super Monday Night Combat)
2nd Weapon: Flippin’ Shovel (Does max damage at first strike, but takes about 1 second to get back to max damage)
Q Ability: Jumps very high, through shooting a rocket at the ground below him. (Able to do without using the ability, but you will take damage if you do use it without ability)
E Ability: Throws the Flippin’ Shovel at an Enemy, taking out half their HP, but makes you unable to use the Flippin’ Shovel for 5 seconds.

Flag Post

why dont put some mages? LOL :D i mean characters without guns but with spells! :D

Flag Post

Yeah, Mages! Hmm, but it has to go with the Robot Side of it… Nup, cant think of a name. Mages will do

The Mage

1st Weapon: None.
2nd Weapon: None.
Q Ability: Opens Spell Menu, thus changing the ability/spells to other [Keys] Able to be set.
E Ability: Rest, which increases Mana Regeneration Rate, by 200%. But cant do anything while resting.
Significant: Mana, is force of its spells in the Q Ability Menu.

Flag Post

I like the idea of a cloaking class.

I reccomend chaging the name of the scout to the Raider, though. “Scout” seems more like a harassment class, but people like to charge head on with them. If you’re looking for a harassment class…

Drainer
Weapon 1: Low damage, very accurate Machine Pistol
Weapon 2: Low Damage to life, hign damage to shields, Tazer.
Q-tility: Teleporting to where he’s looking.
E-Ability: Static Nova (Stuns all nearby enemies who have shields, if no shields, no stun)

Flag Post

Here is what you have:

TANK – is basically the Heavy, high damage, high health, low mobility
TECH – is a Medic/Engineer, heals team, puts down sentry guns
GUNNER – all-rounder character, best distinguished by the Sniper gun
SCOUT – is the Scout. Huge mobility but weak.

I would like to see:

1. INFILTRATOR – turns invisible, massive melee damage while cloaked, can be decloaked by Suppressors.

2. JUMPER – no rocket. He has a power-up jump (similar to the Tank’s jetpack but more aimable) that does high melee damage and knockback to anything he intercepts. He also has the ability to stop in mid-air and “ground pound” doing damage to anything he lands on, higher damage from higher altitude.

3. HEAT SEEKER – fires slow, high damage missiles that heat-seek the nearest player (it will seek friendlies too, but not damage them, just waste the missile). Missiles have higher speed and turnrate if you have locked on to an opponent before firing. His utility fires chaff behind him which can defeat rockets and even small arms fire.

4. NANOCLOUD – fires a lasting Area-Of-Effect that buffs the damage and speed of any player standing in it (this is more fun than a debuffing/draining AOE, there are enough frustrating elements in the game already).

Flag Post

The ShadowDasher.
1st Weapon: Double Handguns
2nd Weapon: Hidden Blades (Like the ones in Assassin creed)
Q Ability: Makes The ShadowDasher invisible for up to two-three sec. In that time u moves twice as fast
as normal but deals half as much dmg.
E Ability: Teleports The ShadowDasher to you mouse marker (have a maximum of 33feet.)
Space: The ShadowDasher haves rockets in his shoes and in his palms. The rockets should seem a little like this http://www.poweriser.org.uk/images/poweriser2007-whiteback.jpg with rockets in the ends.
Hit Points: The shadowDasher should have 250 HP because i think that’s a in the middle of Weak and Normally.
Look: The ShadowDasher should have a Cloak. (you can just do as u want but i think it would be nice with a cloak.)

This was my Idea of a new Class plzz write if u have some changes and i u like it and if u choose this to be one of the classes. :)

Flag Post

See the Idea over (by me)

The ShadowDasher (usable information)
1st Weapon DMG: 15dmg per shot. crit = 100% more dmg.
2st Weapon DMG: 40-45 per hit. crit = 100% more dmg.
Q Ability CoolDown: 20 sec + the time u are invisible.
E Ability CoolDown: 10 sec.

Flag Post

Demo.stands for demolition expert. 280 health. speed and jetpack a little better than tank’s
1.Primary weapon grenade launcher that packs a punch if used properly(grenades roll and bounce) does 50 damage area effect 8 in a clip
2. Secondary weapon 2 big handguns with explosive bullets. (fully charged they do 40 damage each) slow to reload and fire
Melee: Throw, Demo picks up the enemy and throws them 12 feet or so. does no damage but dazes enemy for a second so demo can put his big guns to use
Special:Emp bomb is thown like concussion but instead of doing damage destroys their shield (including tank’s) it however only has 1 use per life to keep the class balanced. hmm maybe not 1 use but 5 minute reload

Flag Post

Too many Team Fortress ideas. :/

I’d like to have a class that can use a plasma gun (the one that the gunner uses) but if you hold the primary attack button it charges a heavy long ranged shot. The melee weapon could be a chain. Qskill uses the chain to trap an enemy infront of him and absorb their Hp to recover his health. Eattack uses the chain from a long distance to attack and knock back enemies, secondary effect, get to the place where you were aiming.

Flag Post

Fighter 300 health gunner level jetpack speed fast first weapon knife does very high damage with long reload time second weapon 9 mil does high damage with long reload 20 in clip high accuracy melee punch does normal damage with stun special throws knives high damage long reload

Flag Post

Spec. Ops.
1st weapon: assault rifle (like gunner)
2nd weapon: SMG (like scout)
250hp with 100shield (since good weapons)
Max speed would be 26mph
q ability would be to camoflauge (similar to cloak except you cannot move or you can be seen)
e ability is the same as the scout’s but longer range and slighty less damage.
SIDE NOT: i don’t know if it is all the way balanced because of the 2 good weapons, if you think it should be a weapon like the G18 or something like that tell me

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

Spec. Ops.
1st weapon: assault rifle (like gunner)
2nd weapon: SMG (like scout)
250hp with 100shield (since good weapons)
Max speed would be 26mph
q ability would be to camoflauge (similar to cloak except you cannot move or you can be seen)
e ability is the same as the scout’s but longer range and slighty less damage.

it’s imbalanced because if he is standing still he can just keep the other team from getting the control point and be forever a tie.
SIDE NOT: i don’t know if it is all the way balanced because of the 2 good weapons, if you think it should be a weapon like the G18 or something like that tell me

Flag Post

Juggernaut.

600 hp
500shield

Primary Weapon: Fists of Fury. Short range punishing, pummeling attack that follows the nearest target with slight movements.
Lock on: allows cooridinated follow through with attacks, and allows combos.
Later add ons can be Gloves, Knuckles, and Nuuclear, Fision, Combustion, powerd bolts overlaying your knuckles. Etc.

Secondary Weapon: Rage mode. Hard hitting, 200%, 100% speed boost. Hp is 250% recover rate, shield 0% recovery rate. Still uses up close pounding.

Q: Bull Rush, Charges toward the target with a boost form a jet back on the back. Cooldown the same as the Tanks, damage equal to 1.25% melee attack. This allows for more mobility, though the class is still slow, and the abilitly to at least give chase to some other classes.

Jump is the same as Tanks, though can be used to glide, or hover for a short time if already in the air, great when used with a charge to give chase, or run away.

E: Instead of an F-Bomb, it creates an Aoe explosion centered on the Juggernaut. Pushback and stun related to class, ie, lighter classes will bepushed further back, and onlyl the lightest can be stunned, Scout, posttibly Tech* Testing to be sure.

Primary weapon deals 50 per swing at about .5 swings per second, in a combo of up to 3. The third swoing creates a chockwave that can stun on contact. The AoE damage is half of the primary damage. The shockwave can stun light targets, or slow medium/heavy targets.

Secondary Rage, all out offensive with no regard to defense.

Overall this is a purely offensive unit, with no range. Can be taken down at a distance with ease, but up close quarters, this unit will wipe you out. Great with a tank and tech, for holding a point. Otherwise, this unit is susceptible to faster units with longer range…which is just about any other class. It has it’s niches, and has potential for more. Pure melee, and brute force. Emphasise on burtality. Perhaps a Grab and Pound, or Grab and Throw feature would be suitable, throws target unit into environment Or throws environmental object like crates, which will have to have damage and respawn calculators…or anything else applicable.

Flag Post

All comments and critisism accepted, spelling and grammer errors aside. Damage and and damage mitigation, parhaps a 50% reduction in damage during rage mode, and perhaps a 25% damage mitigation normally, otherwise called Armor. Each point of Armor negates 1 point of damage. Later Armor upgrades can change this. So the Natural armor of the Tank and the Juggernaut can be higher the say the Scout which would have a low natural armor rating…the armor is due to the thickness/type of armor worn, maybe that can be integrated with shielding, so that Shielding and Armor can not only be seperate forms of prtection, but can be synchronized. More on that later.

Flag Post

I’d say something like, “Space Hunter”
The main weapon would be a melee weapon, maybe the sword.
The secondary would be some sort of railgun, I was thinking like a crossbow.
His Qskill would just be to trap somebody for like 10 seconds.
His Eskill would be to be able to see the persons name, health, and shield for 5 seconds.
And F-bomb would be the same.
You decide the health and shield.

Another could be “Medic”
I decided this because techies were the only ones who could heal, and it would be nice to have another role.
Qskill: A massive burst heal to every body in a certain vicinity, like how the techie places a turret.
Eskill: A regeneration heal to everybody in a certain vicinity, the same action method as the last.
Fbomb: A smoke bomb noone can see through
:D

Flag Post

Section 1: additional weapons for existing class:
I understand that armory is coming out, so….
scout:
wing-blade: disables regular attack, but when you fly-by someone, you deal damage to them, so fly around ppl in circles for damage.
support gear: hunter scope: allow you to see through walls

gunner: shock pistol (it have a pistol holder cosmetically…) stuns target hit for a reasonable duration, but low dmg, low ammo, long reload and bad accuracy(so close range only)
support gear: ammo box: allow you to “cast” the ability to switch out your ammos for the next clip of your primary weapon, granting certain special boost to them (more damage, wall piercing, slowing etc)

tank: Guardian shield: A large shield, basically enhanced version of right key axe.
support gear: restructure drone: self repair

tech: gravity gun: causes target that are hit to be affected by increased gravity, making their flight duration etc reduce.
support gear: mini-factory: allow the manufacturer of F bombs, require consecutive “firing” of a certain period to successfully create one for the target. If there is no target, create for self.

Section 2: new classes
Brawler:
w1: Iron-fist, close range melee attack with knock back
w2: Tracter beam: shots a targeting ray toward a target, if hit, a pulling beam is generated that pulls target toward you for 5 seconds
w3: claw, close range melee attack with higher damage but no knock back
sw: combat charger: charges the armor suit with electrical damage, deals additional damage on the first melee attack, the bonus reduces over time, longer charge gives higher damage.
ability 1: crush, smash target downward, knocking them down for a short time while dealing damage
ability 2: charge, charge toward target much like a tank, with longer range but cannot move vertically.

Angel-special: perma flight but low hp/shield and while it can fly permanently, it is slower than scout
w1: Submachine gun
w2: shock wave gun: push self backward as well as cause knockback to target, very low damage
w3: dive assault: charge one’s own armor and encase self with volatile energy, deals AoE damage on impact with target. Must move with at least 60 degree angle to the ground downward for some minimal range to work, damage increase as distance increase.
sw: aerial control pulse: generate a pulse around you, within a certain diameter all boosters will malfunction except yours.
ability 1: aerial lock: allow right-key targetting on weapons to be used without reducing flight speed for a certain duration.
ability 2: aerial dash: increase speed of flight, but reduce the ability to turn

constructor:
weapon 1: assault rifle
weapon 2: Vulcan cannon, very powerful and high RoF (must be deployed to fire, and must be undeployed before moving and/or switching weapons, takes 5 seconds to deploy/undeploy)
weapon 3: repair wrench: allow the repair at melee range of any mechanical structure, including suppressor and barrier walls
sw: material enhancement: increase the max hp of mechanical structures. the longer you cast on the structure the more it increases, but the rate of increase decreases over time.
ability 1: deploy barrier wall: a barrier that your team can shoot through but enemy cannot, destructible but with fairly high hp.
ability 2: out of my house: knocks the target player backward doing very low damage, if the target hits a barrier wall on its way outward, it will suffer a lot of extra damage.

Flag Post

Assault Class
Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle (similar to gunner, except faster fire rate and less accuracy)
Secondary Weapon: Shotgun
Q: Instantly regenerates 100 shield
E: EMP pulse – causes all enemies in range to instantly have all skills on cooldown

300 hp, 200 shield

Flag Post

I would like to see a class that has really high armor and low health, or really low armor but high health. It would play around with the “armor heals, health doesn’t” system. The character that’s all armor no guts would be very vulnerable to the sniper for instance. But would otherwise be very hard to kill because his armor keeps regenerating.

Flag Post

Spectre,

Primary weapon: Heat Cannon (shots leave a distortion for a second in line of fire and the opponent cannot detect where they r coming from, works well with cloak)
Secondary weapon: Energy dagger
Q ability: Cloak (Reveals the character very faded when attacking or being attacked and can only be targeted when revealed, press Q again to disable cloak. It uses energy and recharges over time when not in use so players can’t abuse and don’t need to wait for a cooldown. Can last up to 30 seconds. Can go through walls except spawn areas and out of the shuttlebay with 70%+ energy cloak)
E: Grapple hook (Experienced players can use it to swing around (like spiderman lol), attaches to players too. Tap E again to pull in and E again to release. This would be fun =). )

50 hp, 100 shield (may want to change) and can go as fast as a scout. Extremely deadly if used properly but basically dead if seen and target locked.

Flag Post

Saboteur:
The Concept: A unit which does very little damage, but is useful in disrupting enemy plans. Some ideas that I thought would be fitting was damage over time and disruptions, of course.
Primary Weapon: Nanite Pulse. This attack hits the opponent with a damage over time spell, thus preventing the shields from regenerating. Also affects suppressors and such. A possibility to balance this is to make it non-lethal. (Enemy has 1hp instead of dying)
Secondary: Phase Disruptor. Disrupts channeling, deals moderate damage. For example, if the tech is healing, he stops healing. If an opponent is flying, he stops flying. He has to click again to resume his action. This could also be a short silence, it’s your call if you use it.
Q Ability: Short Circuit. Stops shields and jet packs from regenerating for a certain amount of time.
E Ability: Falcon Punch. (Okay, the name could be changed, but it would be cool to have a charge up punch or something along the lines of that.)

Field Officer
The Concept: The Field Officer fights along side his troops instead of the War Room. His presence empowers his soldiers, giving them the extra strength and courage to fight harder. Some ideas that I thought would be fitting was a AoE buff, and possibly healing or individual buffing.
Primary Weapon: Shotgun. Wide spread over tight, a possible consideration is team damage.
Secondary Weapon: Battle standard. Eheheh, this flag bears the insignia of the blue/gold team. Whenever an ally sees the standard, they receive a damage buff for a certain amount of time. (Either see or be near it, your call) The standard can also be used to whack enemies in the face or knock them back. (The standard could also be planted in the ground I suppose, like the turret and upgraded accordingly, although this might make defending the CP too easy.)
Q Ability: Intimidating Presence. Gives allies a boost in health and/or cooldown. This buff should not overlap with the standard’s buff.
E Ability: Face kick. It’s a kick. To the face.

Sap Trooper
The Concept: This soldier specializes in healing himself, unlike the tech. Some obvious ideas would be life drain and some self buffs. Makes him a good soldier but a poor team unit.
Primary Weapon: Energy Conversion Cannon. Shoots a bullet that hits the enemy and travels back to the Sap Trooper, healing him for a percentage of the damage done. Damage to health is also converted to shields.
Secondary Weapon: Cremator. High damage, close range incendiary weapon. Aka the flamethrower… A possible idea would be to set the enemy on fire, and have them turn to ashes when they die.
Q Ability: Overload. Gain 150-200% of shields, fully rechargeable, for X amount of time.
E Ability: Nano fiber. Shields take full damage, but a percent of that in reflected at the attacker. So if 10 damage was done, the Sap Trooper gets hit for 10 (With shields) but 2 damage is reflected back at the scout.

Flag Post

MARKSBOT

A class focusing on long ranged shooting, and targeting.

Primary Weapon: A laser sniper-rifle capable of dealing great damage in just one shot depending on where the shot is (head would be the best place to shoot someone, of course). The rifle takes some time to recharge after a few shots, so make the shots count. No other class should have this weapon, as to make the class more distinct and desirable.
Secondary Weapon: A future sword. xD
Q-bility: Marks an enemy target and makes that enemy stand out for the others on your team. This boosts the accuracy of fire given to that enemy and prevents the enemy from using stealth skills. Lasts for X seconds.
E-bility: Recharges your rifle faster. This ability has a long cool-down, but it makes up for it by saving a lot of time in recharging.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Spectre,

Primary weapon: Heat Cannon (shots leave a distortion for a second in line of fire and the opponent cannot detect where they r coming from, works well with cloak)
Secondary weapon: Energy dagger
Q ability: Cloak (Reveals the character faded when attacking or being attacked and can only be targeted when revealed, press Q again to disable cloak. It uses energy and recharges over time when not in use so players can’t abuse and don’t need to wait for a cooldown. Can last up to 30 seconds)
E: Grapple hook (Experienced players can use it to swing around (like spiderman lol), attaches to players too. Tap E again to pull in and E again to release. This would be fun =). )

50 hp, 100 shield (may want to change) and can go as fast as a scout. Extremely deadly if used properly but basically dead if seen and target locked.

I decided to make the cloak more interesting with ability to go through most things if enough energy.