Design Your Favorite Class page 23

1320 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheWuffyGamer:

Maybe ill try something.

Sniper
Long range killer, slow firing range but high damage.
Average health,shield,and speed.

Primary Weapon: Sniper Rifle: Slow firing speed,long range. Can deal headshots with scope.
Secondary Weapon: Pistol

Q:Concentration
Takes no knockback from enemies.

E:Knife Chop
Does a huge chop with his knife, dealing a lot of damage

As for stats,im still thinking about it.
EDIT:Some classes seem like combinations to me,because i play TF2 a lot. For example:Tech=Engineer+Medic
Scout=Scout
Tank=Heavy+Pyro
Gunner=Soldier+Sniper

The Gunner is already the default “sniper” class.. i dont think they where to make a class specifically for that..

 
Flag Post

Cannoneer (Weight Class: Moderately Heavy)

Health: 3500
Overshield: 1500
Primary Weapon: Heavy Shotgun
Secondary Weapon: Grenade Launcher (Yes. I know this wasn’t originally a weapon in the game)
F-Bomb: Ricochet Bomb (Another custom weapon. A bomb that bounces off of walls and explodes on contact with enemy personel. Will explode after ricocheting 8 times.)
Ultimate: Shield Blast (The Cannoneer empties the energy from his overshield into one megacharged blast. Anything within the blast radius is damaged, and is also knocked to the ground. Useful for stunning multiple enemies.)
Melee: Slide Kick (As the name implies, the Cannoneer slides across the ground, kicking and stunning anyone in the way.)

 
Flag Post

fighter

primary weapon=nuckraku seconday weapon=shuriken f-bomb=balance destroyer oil

ultimate=super punck kick combo

press e=throwing your opponent to the ohter place

 
Flag Post

is it just me, or has the quality of posts DRAMATICALLY dropped off a LONG time ago? there is absolutely no correct formatting, no detail, no imagination of any sort, and no good ideas…

 
Flag Post

Only complaints.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

is it just me, or has the quality of posts DRAMATICALLY dropped off a LONG time ago? there is absolutely no correct formatting, no detail, no imagination of any sort, and no good ideas…

I’ll give it a go.

Edit: I think I’ve hijacked this thread…

DISRUPTOR

Description: Not much of a combatant, the Disruptor has spent years building gadgets that place enemies in their own hell by disrupting their senses. Don’t expect him to get many kills, but if he’s on the enemy team you should beg for mercy.

Role: Support/Disabler

Suggested Targets: Enemy MVP or small clusters of enemies

Difficulty: Pretty tough to effectively master. Still fun for trolls. As noted, probably won’t kill much—but your team will love you.

Armor: Utility-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Tazer: Low-to-medium damage, 3 shot burst-fire. Mid-ranged. Each bullet implants itself in the target’s armor, doing nothing until triggered. ‘Right-Click’ auto-targets (slower shooting time). ‘Reload’ detonates bullet charges, causing very brief stun. Limited stack effects increase stun duration. If Disruptor dies, remote connection to bullets is lost (i.e. they cannot be detonated after death or respawn).

Secondary Weapon: Boxed Ears (Melee): Low damage. Very close ranged attack that disorients the target (blackened or hazy/blurry screen, reduced SFX volume). 2 second duration. Limited stack effects (1 stack = slightly increased disorientation effect and duration).

Q Skill: Siren Alarm: Places an immobile structure that emits a high-pitched sound, preventing enemies (or anyone?) from getting close. Has no effect on bullets. 12 second structure duration or limited hp. [similar to Blaster’s Repulsion Field but is not mobile and can be destroyed] (devs: actual skill SFX optional)

E Skill: EchoLoc: For 3 seconds, you emit an inaudible sound wave that bounces off all objects within line of sight. While this skill is in effect, all players and player structures (including allies, cloaked units, turrets) are visible on a minimap. Minimap disappears when skill effect ends. 20 second cooldown. (“Line of sight” is on 360 degree sphere… doesn’t go through walls but if you CAN turn to face it, it should be on map; should also recalculate as the user moves)

F Bomb: Bang Grenade: Impact of the grenade releases an explosion 10 yds in radius. All effected enemies lose hearing (SFX Volume) and see brighter lights (whitened screen effect) for 5 seconds. (devs: effects on auto-lock is optional)

 
Flag Post

PRANKSTER

Description: The Prankster is that guy nobody wants to be seen around, but everyone is quietly grateful when he’s on their side. Unlike other classes, nobody knows what the Prankster will do next—either kill him quickly and move on, or avoid him at all costs.

Role: Complex combatant. It is difficult to predict what he will do next.

Suggested Targets: 1v1 or small clusters of enemies.

Difficulty: Very difficult to master, due to elements of semi-random effects and careful timing.

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Hallucinator: Short-to-mid ranged, single-shot. Fairly quick recharge time. Variable damage (random, low-to-high range with greatly reduced probabilities for high damage). ‘Right-click’ for auto-target (slower shooting time; thinking old Flare speed here). Victim gains visual effects of other skills at random, but suffers no other effects (i.e. takes no “tick” or “DoT” damage). (devs: The type of effect should probably rotate every X seconds or after Prankster has respawned.) Duration of effects matches normal duration of skill effects.

Suggested effects (applied at random when shot):

Victim sees flames as though burning (no actual burn damage applied or stacked)
Victim sees green as though poisoned (no actual poison damage applied or stacked)
Victim sees gray as though confused (no loss of auto-targeting the correct enemies; perhaps still sees names correctly as well)

Secondary Weapon: Suit Sap: Melee attack, medium damage, paced somewhat slow. Each successful attack has a 50% chance to apply a “Mimicry” effect on the user (Prankster). Limited to 5 stacks. Actual “Mimicry” effect does nothing until the Mimic skill is used (‘E’ key — see below for more details). Stacks do not expire unless Mimic is used or the user is killed (resets to 0 when Prankster dies).

Q Skill: Feigned Death: Prankster pops a nano-cyanide pill, effectively killing him (last player to hit Prankster gains +1 in kill count). Nano-bot technology immediately goes to work, returning the Prankster to life for 10 seconds. While under this effect, Prankster cannot be killed or hurt, although other effects (i.e. stun, confuse) may still be applied. After 10 seconds, the Prankster collapses in death once more (and enters normal respawn countdown). 60 second cooldown.

E Skill: Mimic: This skill cannot be activated until user gains at least 1 “Mimicry” effect by using Suit Sap (Secondary Weapon). Activating this skill consumes ALL “Mimicry” stacks and replaces ALL of Prankster’s abilities with the abilities of his last victim (new abilities have no initial cooldown and can be used immediately, but all ability effects including cooldowns activate as they normally would once the ability is used). Although “Mimicry” increases in stack regardless of the victim, user gains the abilities of his LAST “Suit Sap” victim only. For each “Mimicry” effect that is consumed, effect of Mimic lasts 2 seconds (Maximum of 10 seconds with 5 stacks). Activating this skill has no actual effect on the victim of Suit Sap. The Prankster’s weapons, armor chassis, and appearance do not change, regardless of Suit Sap victim (While Mimic is in effect, “Mimicry” stacks can be regained). 30 second cooldown on Mimic.

Example: Prankster uses Suit Sap on a Scout once (Mimicry = 1), a Blaster twice (Mimicry = 3), and a Blazer twice (Mimicry = 5). Prankster uses Mimic. Prankster now has Blazer skills for 10 seconds (Mimicry = 5 stacks * 2 seconds = 10 seconds; now Mimicry resets to 0). These Blazer abilities can be used immediately by the Prankster (no cooldown) but otherwise work exactly like a Blazer (activating a skill will activate its cooldown, too) until the Mimic skill effect is ended or the Prankster is killed.

F Bomb: Hidden in Plain Sight: Unusually large explosion radius. No damage. All enemy victims see the Prankster as one of their own: color of Prankster’s suit and name (text) match their own. They can still damage Prankster, but auto-targeting is disabled. Effect lasts 25 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 3 seconds.

Alternative F Bomb: Mirror Bomb: Explosion of the bomb has a 15 yd radius. No damage. Prankster is teleported to the perimeter of the bomb’s radius along with 3 clones, all evenly spaced from each other (or best as possible in enclosed area). The Prankster’s clones aim where the Prankster aims and shoot when he shoots, functioning like turrets. The Prankster and his clones are immobilized, but take 50% reduced damage. Clones do not do any damage. Lasts 4 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 20 seconds.

Second Alternative F Bomb: Clone Explosion: Upon explosion, the bomb releases 2 AI-controlled Pranksters who target the nearest enemies. These clones do 10% of the Prankster’s potential damage and have no abilities: only Primary and Secondary Weapons. (Effects of the Primary Weapon still take effect). They are targetable but have at least the same health as a player. Lasts 5 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 15 seconds.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by PhragX:

PRANKSTER

Description: The Prankster is that guy nobody wants to be seen around, but everyone is quietly grateful when he’s on their side. Unlike other classes, nobody knows what the Prankster will do next—either kill him quickly and move on, or avoid him at all costs.

Role: Complex combatant. It is difficult to predict what he will do next.

Suggested Targets: 1v1 or small clusters of enemies.

Difficulty: Very difficult to master, due to elements of semi-random effects and careful timing.

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Hallucinator: Short-to-mid ranged, single-shot. Fairly quick recharge time. Variable damage (random, low-to-high range with greatly reduced probabilities for high damage). ‘Right-click’ for auto-target (slower shooting time; thinking old Flare speed here). Victim gains visual effects of other skills at random, but suffers no other effects (i.e. takes no “tick” or “DoT” damage). (devs: The type of effect should probably rotate every X seconds or after Prankster has respawned.) Duration of effects matches normal duration of skill effects.

Suggested effects (applied at random when shot):

Victim sees flames as though burning (no actual burn damage applied or stacked)
Victim sees green as though poisoned (no actual poison damage applied or stacked)
Victim sees gray as though confused (no loss of auto-targeting the correct enemies; perhaps still sees names correctly as well)

Secondary Weapon: Suit Sap: Melee attack, medium damage, paced somewhat slow. Each successful attack has a 50% chance to apply a “Mimicry” effect on the user (Prankster). Limited to 5 stacks. Actual “Mimicry” effect does nothing until the Mimic skill is used (‘E’ key — see below for more details). Stacks do not expire unless Mimic is used or the user is killed (resets to 0 when Prankster dies).

Q Skill: Feigned Death: Prankster pops a nano-cyanide pill, effectively killing him (last player to hit Prankster gains +1 in kill count). Nano-bot technology immediately goes to work, returning the Prankster to life for 10 seconds. While under this effect, Prankster cannot be killed or hurt, although other effects (i.e. stun, confuse) may still be applied. After 10 seconds, the Prankster collapses in death once more (and enters normal respawn countdown). 60 second cooldown.

E Skill: Mimic: This skill cannot be activated until user gains at least 1 “Mimicry” effect by using Suit Sap (Secondary Weapon). Activating this skill consumes ALL “Mimicry” stacks and replaces ALL of Prankster’s abilities with the abilities of his last victim (new abilities have no initial cooldown and can be used immediately, but all ability effects including cooldowns activate as they normally would once the ability is used). Although “Mimicry” increases in stack regardless of the victim, user gains the abilities of his LAST “Suit Sap” victim only. For each “Mimicry” effect that is consumed, effect of Mimic lasts 2 seconds (Maximum of 10 seconds with 5 stacks). Activating this skill has no actual effect on the victim of Suit Sap. The Prankster’s weapons, armor chassis, and appearance do not change, regardless of Suit Sap victim (While Mimic is in effect, “Mimicry” stacks can be regained). 30 second cooldown on Mimic.

Example: Prankster uses Suit Sap on a Scout once (Mimicry = 1), a Blaster twice (Mimicry = 3), and a Blazer twice (Mimicry = 5). Prankster uses Mimic. Prankster now has Blazer skills for 10 seconds (Mimicry = 5 stacks * 2 seconds = 10 seconds; now Mimicry resets to 0). These Blazer abilities can be used immediately by the Prankster (no cooldown) but otherwise work exactly like a Blazer (activating a skill will activate its cooldown, too) until the Mimic skill effect is ended or the Prankster is killed.

F Bomb: Hidden in Plain Sight: Unusually large explosion radius. No damage. All enemy victims see the Prankster as one of their own: color of Prankster’s suit and name (text) match their own. They can still damage Prankster, but auto-targeting is disabled. Effect lasts 25 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 3 seconds.

Alternative F Bomb: Mirror Bomb: Explosion of the bomb has a 15 yd radius. No damage. Prankster is teleported to the perimeter of the bomb’s radius along with 3 clones, all evenly spaced from each other (or best as possible in enclosed area). The Prankster’s clones aim where the Prankster aims and shoot when he shoots, functioning like turrets. The Prankster and his clones are immobilized, but take 50% reduced damage. Clones do not do any damage. Lasts 4 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 20 seconds.

Second Alternative F Bomb: Clone Explosion: Upon explosion, the bomb releases 2 AI-controlled Pranksters who target the nearest enemies. These clones do 10% of the Prankster’s potential damage and have no abilities: only Primary and Secondary Weapons. (Effects of the Primary Weapon still take effect). They are targetable but have at least the same health as a player. Lasts 5 seconds. Bomb cooldown is 15 seconds.

You just described the ultimate troll class.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

You just described the ultimate troll class.

I hope that’s not a problem. I think it would add the right amount of madness to keep people on their toes.

 
Flag Post

ZEALOT

Description: The Zealot is a battle-ready support unit. Makes compromises to provide boosts for himself or his allies, but is not very strong solo.

Role: Support (situational).

Suggested Targets: Stay near allies at all times.

Difficulty: Rather difficult.

Armor: Battle-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Leech Shooter: Light-damage, short-to-mid range. Bullets sap into enemy’s suit, periodically draining it to provide small repairs to the Zealot’s nearby allies. Short radius effect. ‘Alt-fire’ changes repair effect from armor to hp. ‘Reload’ manually reloads weapon.

Secondary Weapon: Thirsty Blade: Slow, heavy melee attack. Successful attacks boost the Zealot’s attack speed (and attack speed of nearby Allies) by 2% to a maximum of 10%. Maximum duration of boost is 8 seconds, which resets if another successful attack is landed. ‘Alt-fire’ provides a shield that slightly reduces incoming damage from all sources by 40% and distributes it evenly to nearby allies (if any are present – otherwise, Zealot takes the full 60% damage)

Q Skill: Martyrdom: The Zealot reduces its defense to 0% to boost all nearby allies’ defense by +100%. Very small effect radius (one-off boost, not persistent/aura-like). 5 second duration.

E Skill: Sacrifice: The Zealot drains the armor of all nearby friendlies and gains +50% attack power for himself for each drained ally. Affects the damage from Leech Shooter’s drain effect(s). The attack power boost lasts 5 seconds.

F Bomb: Resurrection: Allies caught in the blast radius will have -50% respawn waiting time or -50% respawn cost (Z cash) if killed within the next 30 seconds. Cannot affect user or enemies.

 
Flag Post

RANGER

Description: The Ranger is a versatile 1v1 combatant, but only at a range. Ideal for chasing and picking off lone enemies, it lacks melee tactics, group skills, and high jumping ability.

Role: Ranged 1v1.

Suggested Targets: Light-chassis or utility-chassis.

Difficulty: Not as difficult as some.

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Duelsies: A pair of very rapid-firing, low damage guns. ‘Alt-Fire’ has auto-targeting abilities that reduces firing speed. ‘Reload’ manually reloads the guns.

Secondary Weapon: Crippling Rifle: A slow-firing, single-shot weapon. Great for long-range (but does less damage than a Gunner’s rifle). Victim’s movement is slowed by 20%.

Q Skill: Nano-Tracking: By focusing on a single target, the ranger is able to view the location of a single target for 10 seconds. While this skill is active, damage caused by the Ranger against the victim is increased by 15%. However, damage caused by the Ranger against all other enemies is reduced by 15%. 25 second cooldown.

E Skill: Teleport: The Ranger instantly moves in the direction he faces up to 20 yds. The movement is so exhausting, the Ranger suffers a 20% movement speed loss for 3 seconds. 15 second cooldown.

F Bomb: Electric Net: Enemies caught within the blast radius are immobilized for 3 seconds. Enemies may still rotate and use weapons and abilities. Mobilizing abilities such as shoulder charge and thunder kick remove the ensnaring effect. Enemies hit while in midair are pulled to the ground. 7 yd blast radius.

 
Flag Post

TEMPLAR

Description: The Templar is an incredibly versatile fighter with a great potential for survival.

Role: Combat

Suggested Targets: 1v1

Difficulty: Not as difficult as some.

Armor: Striker-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Light Pistol: Slow-firing, mid-to-long ranged plasma-type pistol with a slight radiant burst on impact. Moderate damage, mild AoE/Splash damage with small radius. ‘Alt-fire’ auto-targets with reduced attack speed. ‘Reload’ manually reloads the Light Pistol.

Secondary Weapon: Halberd: Medium-speed, swinging attack. Can hit enemies in an arc. ‘Alt-Fire’ thrusts the Halberd forward, doing additional damage but greatly reducing the hitbox and slowing the attack speed. No ‘Reload’ effect suggested.

Q Skill: Nano-Magnet: The Templar quickly tosses a magnetic chain that attaches itself to an enemy player, forming a life bond between them. All damage taken by the Templar is reduced to 65%, while the Templar’s victim receives the other 35%. The Templar does not suffer for wounds against his victim. Only 1 bond allowed at a time. The bond lasts 15 seconds, until released, or until one of the bonded players dies.

E Skill: Magnet-Pull: The Templar pulls the chained victim towards himself. If no target is already chained, the Templar tosses a Nano-Magnet and immediately pulls it in, bringing with it a single enemy target (if contact is made). The chain is then released, removing all bonds between user and victim. 5 second cooldown.

F Bomb: Cleansing Pool: Upon explosion tiny nano-bots splatter into a puddle on the floor. All players who make contact with the puddle will have status debuffs (e.g. burn, poison, confuse) removed. Benefit affects all players, including user, allies, and enemies. Puddle lasts 4 seconds. 10 second cooldown.

 
Flag Post

MAVERICK

Description: The Maverick uses its enemies’ tactics against them.

Role: Combat

Suggested Targets: Any

Difficulty: Moderate

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Pellet Gun: Mid-ranged, medium damage, 3-shot burst fire. Bullets are larger than average (i.e. 4-5 times a Needler bullet) but slower than average (Not as slow as Orb Caster). ‘Alt-fire’ changes bullet type to a single, larger shot (double size) with shorter range and faster attack speed that can pass through enemies. There is no auto-target feature for this gun. No suggested ‘Reload’ feature.

Secondary Weapon: Electric Whip: Short-to-mid range. Slow rate of fire, moderate damage. When used, this weapon has a 0.5 second delay before releasing a whip that snaps at the end and briefly stuns its target. ‘Alt-fire’ enables auto-target.

Q Skill: Nanite-Casing: The Maverick releases thousands of intelligent tiny nano-bots that immediately surround his body. While active, these bots ‘learn’ from all sources of incoming damage, granting the Maverick a boost (1.5 x the damage taken) to his next Laser Beam ability. Nanite-Casing lasts 3 seconds. 15 second cooldown. Damage bonus is removed when the Maverick dies or uses Laser Beam.

E Skill: Laser Beam: The Maverick releases a narrow ray of light wherever he aims. This beam can pass through enemies. Has moderate damage but receives additional damage if Nanite-Casing was used to calculate incoming attacks (1.5 x incoming damage for the duration of Nanite-Casing). Beam lasts 1 second. 10 second cooldown.

F Bomb: Gravity Well: All enemies within 10 yd radius of impact are slowly pulled towards the center, taking light damage every second. Strength of the pull is greatest at the center of the radius. Effect lasts 3 seconds. Can be resisted by jumping or moving in opposite direction.

Alternative F Bomb: Repulse: Upon explosion, all enemies within a 10 yd radius are immediately pushed from the point of impact and take moderate damage. (Unlike Gravity Well, there is no persistent effect; this is a one-off explosion that immediately dissipates.)

 
Flag Post

Zero feedback, but keeping it rolling… Previous statements of “auto-target” actually meant “target-lock” – sorry for any confusion. I’ve never meant anything automatically targets anyone, ever.

THIEF

Description: A selfish character, the Thief takes from others what she wants for herself. At least there are no surprises THERE

Role: Combat

Suggested Targets: Any, melee

Difficulty: Moderate

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Throwing Daggers: Unimpressed with guns, the Thief uses a set of throwing daggers instead, tossing them in a straight line one at a time. These daggers are sharpened to pierce as well as any bullet—sometimes even better. Small chance to cause a temporary bleeding effect. ‘Alt-fire’ changes attack type to a 3-shot rapidfire (burst-fire). ‘Reload’ allows the Thief to restock her daggers more quickly.

Secondary Weapon: Piercing Claws: The Thief arms herself with sharp claws that grant her an attack range a tad farther than standard punches. With these, she attacks very rapidly. ‘Alt-fire’ permits the Thief to target-lock an enemy, drifting slightly if in mid-air. ‘Reload’ adds a 3-second Armor Drain buff to the claws (see below)

Armor Drain: While active, the Thief’s successful melee attacks convert the damage she causes to her victim into armor for herself at a rate of 1 AP per 1 AP, or 0.25 AP per 1 hp (if the target’s armor is already absent). If the Thief has already activated Bold Empowerment in this lifetime, she still suffers from its penalties.

Q Skill: Eye See You: Ever so selfish, the Thief even covets her enemy’s eyes, from time to time. Activating this skill puts the Thief into the shadows, invisible but not invulnerable. While active, the Thief cannot move and can be attacked. However, she gains the vision of her victim, seeing everything they see. Effect persists no matter the distance between the Thief and her target. (I can’t suggest cooldown or effect duration for this one). Thief must be able to “see” target to activate the effect (e.g. cannot be used on enemies while behind The Dock’s base barriers). Can be used on allies or enemies.

E Skill: Bold Empowerment: The Thief fiddles with her suit, reconfiguring her armor systems into raw power. Activating this skill drains whatever remains of her armor and converts it into an attack buff at a rate of +10% power per 100 armor drained. Any armor drained in this way cannot be replenished automatically. Armor replenishment through other sources (e.g Shocker’s repairing effect or Armor Drain effect (from Secondary Weapon)) is unsustainable and will continue to deplete itself at a rate of 50 armor per second (this depletion does not convert to attack power). These effects (buff and automatic armor depletion) remain active until the Thief dies or the player changes class.

F Bomb: Nade-arang: The Thief throws forward a boomerang-like weapon, which travels forward with a very slight arc to a maximum range of 10 yds or until it hits an enemy player, at which time it returns to the Thief. While returning, the Nade-arang may pass through enemies, affecting all of whom it comes into contact. Enemies hit by Nade-arang lose 1 grenade, which the Thief adds to her own arsenal. The Thief’s grenade capacity is increased to a maximum of 5 with this skill. Enemies struck by Nade-arang will lose a grenade even if the Thief’s carrying capacity is already maxed out (it just sorta ‘disappears’ from existence).

 
Flag Post

INVENTOR

Description: The Inventor takes ‘odd’ to a whole new level. He works hard to develop new technologies to give his team an advantage. Somehow, however, he can’t always predict their consequences…

Role: Support/Utility

Suggested Targets: More like a “duck-and-cover” character, he shouldn’t fight without a group.

Difficulty: Fairly simple

Armor: Utility-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Whirling Vortex: An odd gun, pressing the trigger releases a stream that whirls at the end (about 6 yds away). This device allows the user to block incoming ranged attacks and abilities while standing removed from it. (Think of a Buckler skill, but the Buckler exists 10 yds in front of the user rather than on his arm, and is supported by the stream that connects it to the user’s gun). ‘Alt-fire’ changes the “Buckler” effect to a “Drill” type effect, no longer blocking incoming attacks but instead causing harm to any enemies it reaches and/or passes through. No suggested ‘Reload’ effect.

Secondary Weapon: Trap Shooter: After fired from the gun, spherical bullets attach themselves to the walls, floors, or ceilings immediately upon contact. When an enemy player approaches nearby, the bullet(s) springs forward in a straight line towards whatever direction it faces. Best used on doorways or beneath a ceiling hole. To prevent over-spamming, bullets automatically dissipate after awhile (perhaps create a limit on number of created bullets, as well). Not very strong damage.

Q Skill: Supply Box: The Inventor places a box on the ground. After 4 seconds, the box simultaneously spews out 3 random items and collapses in upon itself (deals no damage). Each item is randomly a health or grenade (identical to those spawned in fixed locations and function the same way). Anyone—friend or foe—may pick these items up. 10 second cooldown.

E Skill: Holographic Wall: The Inventor has found a way to quickly deploy a wall that detects enemy players’ suits and resists their trespassing. Wall resembles base safety walls (the team-colored ones from The Dock) EXCEPT that they allow bullets to pass through. Perhaps has different graphic such as square blocks (holographic bricks) and is also shorter in length (should [mostly] block passage from one side on The Dock’s ship, to give an idea). Cast range: comparable to any other structure maker. Cooldown: also comparable.

F Bomb: Puppet Maker: Recent technological advancements have improved our abilities to revive the dead! - well, sorta. The Inventor tosses a shiny grenade. Upon impact, it does no damage but instead creates a visible perimeter 10-15 yds in radius. All corpses within the radius of effect (as well as any that enter because a player dies within it or a player’s corpse flies in via the momentum from being killed in midair) are re-animated and controlled by AI. Lacking true intelligence, these ‘Puppets’ will target any player within range—regardless of team—and open fire. Puppets are animated by the tiny nano-bots within and thus cannot leave the area of effect. Players may pass through that area without harm (except for that whole getting shot business…). Area of effect lasts 15 seconds. Cooldown for throwing Puppet Maker grenades is 45 seconds.

 
Flag Post

TROOPER

Description: Good all-around class that serves many uses.

Role: Combat

Suggested Targets: Anything

Difficulty: Fairly simple

Armor: Striker-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Bombshell Cannon: Tiny rockets are quickly fired from the gun, one at a time. They do not completely lock on to an enemy target, but will curve slightly to improve likelihood that they make contact. The gun needs to reload often for frequent use. ‘Alt-Fire’ changes the bullet type to a flak cannon spray but removes curving effect. ‘Reload’ quickens reload speed.

Secondary Weapon: Parachuter: The gun releases tiny “parachute pellets” that temporarily reduce the jumping ability (height) and falling speed of its victim. Limited stackability; however, requires several hits to be truly effective. ‘Alt-fire’ for target-lock and reduced rate of fire.

Q Skill: Conversion: The Trooper reconfigures an enemy structure (e.g. turret, Shocker’s bubble), taking control of it for his team’s benefit. Trooper can control only one structure at any time. Several seconds are required to complete the conversion process, during which he cannot move or attack. (I suggest progress bar for the Trooper to know how much time remains)

E Skill: Anti-Grav: The Trooper won’t reveal exactly how he does it, but for a brief period he refuses to answer to gravity and simply hangs where he is in midair. (Either timed duration or lasts until deactivated)

F Bomb: Fireworks: Upon impact, 3 to 4 small and bright “firework” explosions erupt one at a time within 6 yds of the point of impact. Each firework does damage to any enemy it contacts.

 
Flag Post

I think I’ll use PhragX’s template to making take a stab my own class.

MARAUDER

Description: The Marauder is a lightweight unit capable of wreaking havoc in close quarters. His guerrilla tactics and quick reflexes make him perfect in small, confined areas.

Role: Combat

Suggested Targets: Most light/medium size classes, such as Gunners and Techs

Difficulty: Fairly simple

Armor: Light Chassis

Primary Weapon: Shotgun. Medium to heavy damage, short-to-mid range. Deals heavy amounts of damage up close. Reload manually reloads the weapon.

Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol: Medium damage, mid range. Fires somewhat slower than a Gunner’s assault rifle. ‘Alt fire’ has target-locking abilities. Unlike most other automatic weapons, however, target lock does not slow down the user’s firing speed.

Q Skill: (haven"t thought of one yet)

E Skill: Teleport Stun: Teleports up to 20 yds in the direction the player is facing. The teleportation is instantaneous, and the player releases a small shockwave upon reappearing. If an enemy within the teleportation path, the player will instead reappear within close proximity of the enemy, damaging and stunning them in the process.

F Bomb: Ricochet Bomb: A rather special type of explosive device, the Ricochet Bomb is a medium sized disc that, when deployed, hovers in a straight line. The truly remarkable thing about the Ricochet Bomb, however, is its ability to ricochet off of walls. Each time the bomb bounces off a wall, it gains speed, making it dangerous in a small environment. The bomb explodes after 10 ricochets, or after coming in contact with enemy personnel. (Whichever comes first)

What do you think?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by PhragX:

ZEALOT

Description: The Zealot is a battle-ready support unit. Makes compromises to provide boosts for himself or his allies, but is not very strong solo.

Role: Support (situational).

Suggested Targets: Stay near allies at all times.

Difficulty: Rather difficult.

Armor: Battle-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Leech Shooter: Light-damage, short-to-mid range. Bullets sap into enemy’s suit, periodically draining it to provide small repairs to the Zealot’s nearby allies. Short radius effect. ‘Alt-fire’ changes repair effect from armor to hp. ‘Reload’ manually reloads weapon.

Secondary Weapon: Thirsty Blade: Slow, heavy melee attack. Successful attacks boost the Zealot’s attack speed (and attack speed of nearby Allies) by 2% to a maximum of 10%. Maximum duration of boost is 8 seconds, which resets if another successful attack is landed. ‘Alt-fire’ provides a shield that slightly reduces incoming damage from all sources by 40% and distributes it evenly to nearby allies (if any are present – otherwise, Zealot takes the full 60% damage)

Q Skill: Martyrdom: The Zealot reduces its defense to 0% to boost all nearby allies’ defense by +100%. Very small effect radius (one-off boost, not persistent/aura-like). 5 second duration.

E Skill: Sacrifice: The Zealot drains the armor of all nearby friendlies and gains +50% attack power for himself for each drained ally. Affects the damage from Leech Shooter’s drain effect(s). The attack power boost lasts 5 seconds.

F Bomb: Resurrection: Allies caught in the blast radius will have -50% respawn waiting time or -50% respawn cost (Z cash) if killed within the next 30 seconds. Cannot affect user or enemies.

I have to say, you’re good at designing classes. Better than me, anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of your ideas influenced the devs.

 
Flag Post

wow phrag…so many classes xD

 
Flag Post

Cheers guys! I thought it was going unnoticed so I stopped posting. Should I keep going?

 
Flag Post

keep going if you have more! they look pretty good so far. might as well post all of your ideas.

 
Flag Post

The reason why no was posting anything is that we don’t have any feedback to give. AKA your classes are really good.

 
Flag Post

‘kay, here’s one.

MINI SQUAD (henceforth called “FlimFlam” cuz I like it. I later researched “FlimFlam” and learned who came up with it first. Oh well. I still like it and names can be changed.)

Description: Rejected as outcasts, these half-sized combat units stand one on top of the other and charge into battle. Together, Flim [top] and Flam [bottom] are determined to prove they have what it takes to be the top fighters on any team! Their health and armor are synergized as one (so no bonuses there).

Role: Combat (Tactical)

Suggested Targets: Any player

Difficulty: Somewhat challenging

Armor: Light-Chassis

Primary Weapon: Dual-Tommees: The top bot [Flim] doesn’t have to worry about extraneous movements, so why not use two guns? By default, it fires one gun after the other at a moderate pace, doing moderate damage. ‘Alt-fire’ increases the rate of fire and fires both guns in perfect unison, but reduces the damage of each bullet [I don’t need to justify this with logic]. ‘Reload’ activates Covering Fire. Guns automatically reload at a slow pace, like other guns, but will not automatically trigger Covering Fire.

Covering Fire: The lower bot’s [Flam’s] auto-fire (from his head?). While Covering Fire is active, automatically targets and rapidly shoots armor-piercing rounds at nearby enemy units while the top bot [Flim] manually reloads (Covering Fire does very low damage). Can activate even if Hop-Off or Waller Hooks has been activated.

Secondary Weapon: Hook Swords: Top bot [Flim] carries one in each hand, swinging very rapidly for quick but low damage (one arm swings then the other arm swings in kind of a tennis-serve fashion). ‘Alt-fire’ target-locks. ‘Reload’ activates a slower double-swing (both arms swing together) that occurs 3 times for slightly more damage per second.

Q Skill: Hop-Off: The top bot [Flim] hops off his partner’s shoulders, reducing FlimFlam’s hitbox to half the height of what it was. Flam follows closely behind, but cannot activate Waller Hooks, and their movement speed is reduced to 60%. [Flam has all the leg strength after all, being the bottom bot all the time :P]

E Skill: Waller Hooks: The lower bot [Flam] sends out a hook that clamps to the wall wherever it hits, quickly pulling FlimFlam towards the wall. They remain attached to the wall until the Waller Hooks are deactivated (by pressing E skill again). Long range. Causes some damage to any enemy hit by the hook or soaring FlimFlam. While activated, Hop-Off cannot be activated.

F Bomb: Totem Stomp: Rather than throw a bomb like other units, FlimFlam instead activates a nano-orb supercharged with gravitational properties. Once activated, FlimFlam is very quickly pulled upwards and dropped to the floor (resembling a very short, heavy jump), dealing damage to enemies within 10 yds and reducing victims’ speed by 20% for 3 seconds. (The Totem Stomp can be activated with or without Hop-Off activated—there’s no change in damage or effect, except, visually, they jump together as one, or together in a row)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by StrangeMinion:

What do you think?

It’s good to see some more creativity again :D Keep it coming! We can revive this thread!

 
Flag Post

Name-cant think of one anyone can help message me by kong

description: Former robotics engineer now soldier he can deploy multiple drones to assist him.

Role:Combat(Support)

Suggested Targets: Any player

Difficulty: Somewhat hard

Armor: Tech-Chassis HP-2000 Shield-4000

Primary Weapon- Grenade launcher with knock back rounds Right click- Switch to HE rounds

Secondary Weapon- Low power automatic pistol

Q Skill- Deploy a fast moving copter drone with a high power assault rifle, can regen health slowly HP-2500 Shield-3000

E Skill-Deploy a slow crawling drone with a cannon, slowly regen health, HP-4000 Shield-5000

F Bomb- Small see through wall that has 7000 hp

Any suggestions are helpful