Tutorial

27 posts

Flag Post

Could someone please write a very simple and clear tutorial for new players who have never set foot in a match? Please be factual and objective. Thank you in advance for helping out.

Flag Post

FreeFall Tournament is a 3rd person multiplayer shooter. The game currently features 1 map and 4 classes you can play. The game is in the future (From what I can see) and the player are “Training” against each other to fight “Humanities biggest threat…”

Maps

Shuttle Bay

Shuttle Bay is the first map created in FFT so far. There are two teams with a 12 player limit. Blue team, and Gold team. The objective of Shuttle Bay is to control the capture point in the center of the map. The first team to get to 1000 points in under 20 minutes is declared the winning team. Alternatively, if neither team gets to 1000 points the match goes into overtime.

Lunar Base
Coming Soon!

Classes
FFT offers 4 playable classes in the game for you to choose.

A guide on the classes can be found in this thread.

Ranks
FFT also offers 5 ranks (so far) that you can level through as you play the game. In the future ranks will allow players to buy better gear and accessories.

A full guide on ranks can be found in this thread.

Game FAQ

Flag Post

Here’s a class tutorial:

Gunner

The gunner is very accurate in battle, he has two powerful guns that can wipe out any enemy. The assault rifle is very powerful at short range, and the sniper rifle it’s much powerful than the assault rifle at long range. His special ability can make his accuracy 100% effective!
As well as he is that powerful, it’s not a class for holding the point center. Most players prefer to use the sniper rifle at the healing buildings.

Tank

The tank is a well protected class, with a powerful machine gun and his mauler. The machine gun is a powerful gun with high damage rate, effective at close range. The mauler is a melee gun with very high power that can kill everything. He has a lot of hit points and can resist much more damage. His special ability makes him invincible against any kind of attack.
The tank is for holding the point center and stunning the enemy with his powerful elbow hit.

Tech

The tech is a support class with a pulse rifle and a healing weapon. The pulser rifle is a weapon with moderated damage that can ricochet in walls. The healing weapon is the best weapon to support your team. This weapon will heal an ally near you, and the weapon will heal you too!
This class has a kind of turret that is named supressor. The turret can inflict the status supressed (slows your enemy attack rate) and it fires a constantly short range beam that will damage your enemy over time. It can be updated to Supressor II and Supressor III, pressing the ability button again on the same turret.
Note that you can place one turret only.
Although this class is the best for supporting the point center and repelling the enemy!

Scout

The scout is a very fast and weak class with a sub machine gun and a light saber. The sub machine gun is a light weapon that deals low damage but it’s fire rate is very fast. The light saber is a quick and powerful melee weapon. His special ability makes him a lot faster than normal!
He is the weakest class in the game, but very quickly to escape from enemy fire. This class is not for capturing the point center, a rush from the enemy and he will be completely in danger. The scout is a class for flanking the enemy from a distance and for helping your ally, so it’s recommended to fly around the base and try to kill the enemy from a distance.

Flag Post

Yeah i play scout alot and he is great for holding the point for the time it takes the tanks to get there and great at defence.

Flag Post

A few small things: The gunner is not 100% accurate with the crouch ability. The Tank’s weapon is the Heavy Machinegun, and the Bliztkrieg Mauler is a melee weapon, a hammer to be specific, not a “melee gun.” The tech’s secondary weapon is the Repair Beam. The scout has a doped saber as a melee weapon, and is very versatile; while playing the scout, you can support your team from a distance, dashing around and flanking the enemy, or you can rush the enemy, as the scout can be rather deadly at close range.
Besides those few corrections: The E key activates a melee special attack, which varies by class. If a melee weapon is equipped, you can rush forwards to perform a deadly attack with R. Grenades can be thrown with the F key. Tanks’ jetpacks are different from those of other classes; to use the tank’s, you need to charge it by holding the Space key.

Flag Post

I think you guys really need a controls tutorial. Here’s my whack at it:

CONTROLS TUTORIAL

MOVING
Use WASD + mouse to move around the map.

FLYING
Tap the Space ket to leap forward. Hold down Space to fly. Your jetpack has limited fuel but refills over time.
If you are a Tank, holding down Space charges your super-jump. You will fly forward at high speed when you release Space.

SHOOTING
Left mouse button to shoot. Your gun reloads automatically when out of ammo. You can also press R to reload.
Hold down the right mouse button for lock-on aiming. This will lock your gun onto an enemy providing the target enemy is near enough and you are aiming in his general direction. WARNING: when locked-on, your gun will fire more slowly, meaning less damage.

PRIMARY AND SECONDARY WEAPONS
Every class has a gun and an alternate weapon. You can switch to the secondary weapon with the 2 key. Switch back to primary by pressing 1.

The SCOUT has a melee sword.
The TANK has a melee hammer.
The GUNNER has a sniper rifle.
The TECH has a healing ray (can heal self, teammates, turrets).

ADDITIONAL WEAPONS
Every class can unleash a powerful melee attack by pressing E. This has a short cooldown.

Every class has a super attack that uses the Q button and has a long cooldown.

The SCOUT gains super speed.
The GUNNER kneels, cannot move, but gains super accuracy. This power does not have a cooldown.
The TANK gains an armor bubble that is practically invulnerable. Only concussion grenades can disable it. This power has a very long cooldown.
The TECH deploys a Suppressor, which is a turret sentry gun. The Suppressor can be upgraded to Level II and Level III by pressing Q again when you’re near it.

ARMOR, HEALTH, AND HEALING
Each class has Armor and Health. If your Armor is damaged, it will repair itself every once in a while to full capacity (accompanied by a “power up” sound). However, if your Armor is reduced to zero, you will start taking damage to your Health. The first damage to your Health is accompanied by a loud alarm. Health doesn’t heal back by itself.

To heal your Health, collect one of the large floating red crosses scattered on the battlefield. There are 2 in your base, and 2 more in alcoves on the map. You can also be healed by the Tech’s secondary weapon, the heal ray.

GRENADES
You can carry three grenades at a time. Use F to fire one. Collect more grenades from the purple bomb symbols at either end of the map. Grenades are very useful for stunning and killing enemies. However beware, you can harm yourself with your own grenades.

Flag Post

How can I add Friends???

Flag Post
Originally posted by vincenthenk:

How can I add Friends???

Follow them on their profile screen. Just go click on their name in the Kong Chat or in the Highscores or in the forums, and then click Follow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glock243:
The first team to get to 1000 points in under 20 minutes is declared the winning team. Alternatively, if neither team gets to 1000 points the match goes into overtime.

That needs to be edited a bit. If the losing team are in control of the centre point when the timer reaches 0 the game will carry on until the winning team captures it or the losing team hold it long enough to get a greater score then the winning team. Also the “1000” points to win is bugged, you can have >1000 and not win (By getting kills when centre isnt capped). What you need it ≥1000 and the centre capped.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:
The first team to get to 1000 points in under 20 minutes is declared the winning team. Alternatively, if neither team gets to 1000 points the match goes into overtime.

That needs to be edited a bit. If the losing team are in control of the centre point when the timer reaches 0 the game will carry on until the winning team captures it or the losing team hold it long enough to get a greater score then the winning team. Also the “1000” points to win is bugged, you can have >1000 and not win (By getting kills when centre isnt capped). What you need it ≥1000 and the centre capped.

yeah because at one point my team had like 1016 points and we still ended up losing _

Flag Post

Lol what a fail. Should have all tank rushed for cap. :P

Flag Post

Lol what a fail. Should have all tank rushed for cap. :P

they wouldn’t tank rush with me. you can’t exactly rush 2 techs a tank a gunner and a scout by yourself, now can you? they were using scouts…

Flag Post

are you guys trolling T.T you guys forget about SHIFT being used to do downward thrusters… quite useful in certain situations when you are too high, or trying to jump n’ smash an enemy as a tank

Flag Post
Originally posted by qweztu:

are you guys trolling T.T you guys forget about SHIFT being used to do downward thrusters… quite useful in certain situations when you are too high, or trying to jump n’ smash an enemy as a tank

how are we trolling?

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

how are we trolling?

^
Also most of the good players already know this….

Flag Post

While I agree about there not being any trolling, it is a beginners guide. Therefore most of the good players knowing something is irrelevant. It really should be included in a tutorial; I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been saved as a tank because I jumped too high and almost went over the health area.

Flag Post

how are we trolling?

Actually… I played all this time without knowing this until he posted it haha.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kelfer:

how are we trolling?

Me too. LOL ;P

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:
Originally posted by Kelfer:

how are we trolling?

Me too. LOL ;P

The Dev is trolling? Oh Dear! This could get ugly fast… :P

Flag Post

I didnt know of this Shift trick :O FOR SHAME INSTRUCTION TAB, FOR SHAME!!!
lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by EpicEddyFace:

lol

You do realise it is the 3rd control in the controls section of the information….

Flag Post

lol

You do realise it is the 3rd control in the controls section of the information….

Don’t get to upset abraaz. Some people you just know aren’t going to make it that far in life….smh

Flag Post
Originally posted by BattleAXE1914:

lol

Don’t get to upset abraaz. Some people you just know aren’t going to make it that far in life….smh

GET OFF HIS BACK! he OBVIOUSLY has the eye disease known as icannotseeshitsoicanmakeafooloutofmyselfitis and cannot see those words on the screen, GOSH!

Flag Post

guys how do i switch on tank shield not the q one but the one on the shoulder?
please help me i want to buy new weapons but parents wont let me use the credit card is there any other way?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alex50080:

guys how do i switch on tank shield not the q one but the one on the shoulder?
please help me i want to buy new weapons but parents wont let me use the credit card is there any other way?

other shield is usuable when you use hammer by holding right click button and you can get weapons by using in game cash