Tanks are Overpowered

9 posts

Flag Post

I used to think tanks were overpowered and then you gave them a 2nd shield. Now it’s just ridiculous. if everyone goes techs on the other team you can smash em with tanks. if they all go scouts you can smash em whenever they come in the ship. if they all go gunners you can shield and then smash em. Tanks have no real weakness their low speed doesn’t inhibit them much.
They should not have 2 shields. Neutron shield already makes em invincible they don’t need another shield.
Solution- Get rid of one of the shields.
Alternative solution- give gunner or another class a shield breaker
No other class has this sort of an advantage. Right clicking doesn’t give any other class a power besides lock on shooting.

Flag Post

i guess ur forgetting the point of being a TANk also the SHIELD has a damage cap i know cuz i use after a few seconds it automaticly drops the shield and if u sustain to much damage it will turn off how ever it is a DIS advantage. as u can only block frontal attacks meaning if a gunner is sniping u down holding the right mouse auto locks on so all u have to do is run in front of him and walk around he will lock onto u instead of the gunner this lets ur team mate take out the tank. hope this helps.

Flag Post

If you are having trouble versus tanks, you are probably playing your class wrong. The general consensus regarding tanks is that they are a push and hold class. Tanks get countered by Gunners in the strategic element (meaning that the only solution to a gunner sniping the gaming center is to chase the gunner, which only wastes the Tank’s time, as the gunner simply sets up somewhere else and begins again), and they get countered in a 1v1 environment by scouts (I am assuming two experts facing each other – obviously if the scout is bad, it would not take much to auto-target lead HMG shots into him, but good scouts don’t let that happen).

As to the 2 shields – first, the Neutron shield has a limited amount of health. One grenade takes it out completely, for example.
The hammer shield is absolutely terrible, bottom line. It only covers the chest and upper legs of the tank-suit. The head, arms, and shins of the tank are clearly visible. If you cannot hit those spots as a gunner, I suggest you get your eyes examined – they are large weaknesses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dual_Smoke:

If you are having trouble versus tanks, you are probably playing your class wrong.

this. Plus being an effective member of a winning team is not about being able to 1v1 every class on the opposing team. Even a skilled tank can be brought down with coordinated effort.

Flag Post

The only time I get frustrated with tanks is when the opposing teams realizes you are holding the middle with only techs and gunners. They then put it together and all tank roll the middle with 4 or 5 tanks. Try clearing that out with gunners and techs…. it is not happening. lol. But that is all part of the game and strategy. The trick is getting your team mates to realize this and adjust classes to clear all the tanks.

Flag Post

If tanks are overpowered you might be playing the scout wrong. It doesn’t take too much time to kill a tank with 3 grenades and good aiming.
I usually use the doped saber to get rid of their HP when they’re defending the point center, as well as you master the ability to take their health down to a 40% you may kill them.
But also you may not.

STFU and Endercroth are the bests tanks I know, they have their typos but they’re not invincible if you know how to kill them.

You may notice that most of the tanks deal a lot of damage with the heavy machineguns, but also they don’t have a big accuracy at long distance, so you may use the Gunner and aim for the head, while using your accuracy ability.

When they use their shield, it’s time to escape. It’s clearly visible for someone that they are smart (most of the time) to catch them up.
Using the saber wrong is an easy kill for the tank, while having troubles by right-clicking them, I suggest you to run in circles and just attack without aiming.
When they’re at 20% of their health, use the Doped Saber Chop (press R).

Flag Post

when I posted I was refering to what dryflyriver also referred to. When one team tank rolls the middle and sides THERE is nothing you can do if they are all strong players. Tank is OP. tech should at least be able to disable a tank shield with the energy blast. also I have not seen the neutron shield having a damage cap.

Flag Post

Ya Trog is right no damage cap for the shield. And though tanks can be beaten it takes way more strategy and coordination then is required to kill the other classes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Trogdorfanatic:

when I posted I was refering to what dryflyriver also referred to. When one team tank rolls the middle and sides THERE is nothing you can do if they are all strong players. Tank is OP. tech should at least be able to disable a tank shield with the energy blast. also I have not seen the neutron shield having a damage cap.

quit complaining about tanks being OP, JUST because you don’t know how to kill them. even from the FRONT of the tank with the buckler UP, they can get sliced or shot through. i know this, because i have died about 50 times because of it. i even showed Death(randomnumbers) how to do it, it isn’t practical, but it DOES happen. if you are playing shuttlebay, and you have 2 gunners. do NOT set both of them up on the same side. if he has no bubble, he can only block the shots from ONE gunner, not both. it takes some teamwork to take tanks down that know what they are doing like Dotrawr, Dual_Smoke, myself, Drowbane and korice so stop complaining like a little girl about tanks being OP, and figure out their weak spots, because they DO have weak spots.