How to beat a team with too much of one class

26 posts

Flag Post

1. If you notice the enemy team has lots of Scouts

Switch your team over to Tanks, with a few Techs for backup.

Scouts prey on wounded or isolated enemies, using hit-and-run tactics. Scouts have no staying power and do poorly in toe-to-toe battles.

Thus, use tanks in the control point and back them up with techs and suppressors. Any damage the scouts do to your tanks will quickly be healed by the techs. The suppressors will make the control point a death zone for enemy scouts.

2. If you notice the enemy team has lots of Gunners

You need to be playing more Scouts.

Gunners need peace and quiet to snipe. Scouts are the best class for taking on a sniper. The others are two slow; they’re liable to either be sniped, or let the Gunner escape.

3. If you notice the enemy team has lots of Techs

You must start playing lots of Tanks and Gunners.

If left alive, Techs will quickly shut down your team. You need to kill the Techs before turning to the other enemies. If the tech is surrounded by teammates, you also need to deal lots of damage FAST or they will heal themselves. This can be done by sniping them, or by charging them with the tank.

4. If you notice the enemy team has lots of Tanks

The situation for dealing with lots of enemy tanks depends on if they are actively backed up by Techs. If so, you need to countercharge with Tanks and Gunners.

If the Tanks are not in a controlpoint defense, the best tool is Scouts. The Scouts need to cooperate with your other teammates; frighten the enemy Tanks into triggering their bubble shield, then swoop in with Scout when it expires.

Flag Post

It follows naturally from this that the following team is very hard to beat:

2-3 Tanks in the control point to hold it for points
2-3 Techs with Turrets in the control point to back the Tanks up and heal them
2-3 Scouts to keep the alcoves clear of snipers and to harass enemies that get ejected from the control point
1-2 Gunners to protect against the enemy switching to entirely-Tank-charge mode.

Flag Post
Originally posted by humnab:

It follows naturally from this that the following team is very hard to beat:

2-3 Tanks in the control point to hold it for points
2-3 Techs with Turrets in the control point to back the Tanks up and heal them
2-3 Scouts to keep the alcoves clear of snipers and to harass enemies that get ejected from the control point
1-2 Gunners to protect against the enemy switching to entirely-Tank-charge mode.

That goes beyond the limit. It’s supposed to be 6v6…

If you notice the enemy team has lots of Tanks, then a good Gunner is all that is needed. I’ve seen a Gunner snipe down 2 Tanks in a row, before a Scout went towards it.
Techs are the same. A good Gunner can kill a Tech or two before s/he’s noticed.
Scouts need to be slaughtered by other Scouts or Tanks.
Gunners…Either you snipe them down, or you stab them with a Scout.

Flag Post

For 6v6, the best team would be 2 tanks, 1 tech, 2 scouts, 1 gunner. That should work

Flag Post

I’d say the best team would be 1 Tank, 1 Tech, 1 Gunner, 3 Scouts. The 3 Scouts can help to keep the enemy OUT of the ship, and wipe them out after kicking them down…

Flag Post

1 Tank 1 Tech 1 Gunner 3 Scouts?

Too many Scouts

My team switches to 3 Tanks 2 Scouts 1 Tech

Tanks win the center battle 3>1, 2 Scouts keep your Gunner from sniping them, and the Tech sets up the sups. We win on points while your Scouts fly around the outside desperately looking for something to kill

Flag Post
Originally posted by humnab:

1 Tank 1 Tech 1 Gunner 3 Scouts

That’s what I said…

Flag Post

Best team is 2 tanks, 2 techs, 1 scout, 1 gunner.
tanks and techs hold the center EASILY, and the gunner and scout wreck havoc on the other team.

also, it IS possible to take down a tech, tank, and scout, in the middle with one tank if you use your bubble right before you start taking hits to your hp, you get the gunner down or running, kill the scout then 1v1 the tank, you might have to just to the hp to heal while shooting him though, so have your jetpack charged at all times.

Flag Post

Look, we all have different ideas about best team. So I conclude that the best team is made up of the best players. Agree? We all also agree every team needs at least one of each.

Flag Post

Best team= 4 techs 2 tanks, techs would just dominate the center with suppressors and heal the tanks in a jiffy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by agentwerewolf:

Best team= 4 techs 2 tanks, techs would just dominate the center with suppressors and heal the tanks in a jiffy.

I disagree, if that is what you have then all it takes is 2 gunners with teamwork to shoot the same tech and the same time to kill it, do that 4 times and the tanks are wide open. Then all you need to do is snipe out the supressors and all that teams work can have been annilhated in under 20 seconds. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:
Originally posted by agentwerewolf:

I disagree, if that is what you have then all it takes is 2 gunners with teamwork to shoot the same tech and the same time to kill it, do that 4 times and the tanks are wide open. Then all you need to do is snipe out the supressors and all that teams work can have been annilhated in under 20 seconds. :)

the problem is that you cannot coordinate that anywhere without them seeing it because of no team chat. thus you just need a tech to break off and disrupt the sniping and continue, or have 2 tanks and 3 techs and a scout so the scout can disrupt it

Flag Post

Well, you could anyway. You could tell your team “Let’s just snipe the first Tech we see together. Follow me.” and the other team would not know WHICH one is the first Tech. Also, it’s unlikely that you’d have a 2v6. The other 4 could help as Scouts/Tanks to distract the Tanks and Techs, and have the Gunners ANNIHILATE the Techs before they know what’s happening.

Flag Post

I wasn’t saying that it would have been a 2v6 (although I have been in a 1v4) but that all it would take is 2 gunners to wipe out the middle. Also M_ _six If the first gunner fired then the second could straight after once seeing which target they shot.

Although I was in a game where the enemies were 6 tanks. It was impossible to take them all out at the same time….

Flag Post

Try this: 1 Tank 1 Gunner 2 Tech 1 scout

2 Techs can make 2 maxed out supressors in the middle point and can also heal, the tank defends, scout is same with tank, lastly gunner do…… I dunno

Flag Post

try this: 2 tanks 1 tech 2 gunners 1 scout

1 tech to help the 2 tanks, 2 tanks to protect the base, 2 gunners to snipe unwanted guess (wink) (wink), and the 1 scout to give the enemy a hard time.

Flag Post

2 tanks 2 tech 1 gunner 1 scout, imho.

Flag Post

I agree with Dual on this. 2 tanks + 2 techs can easily hold center, a good gunner and scout is more than enough too.

Flag Post

I understand that this hasn’t been posted on for a while. But, how do the new classes compare to each other?

Flag Post
Originally posted by charlie12520:

I understand that this hasn’t been posted on for a while. But, how do the new classes compare to each other?

All the new classes are within the older classes. Tank and Blaster are heavy classes, Tech and Shocker are Utility classes, Scout and Assassin are light classes, and Gunner and Blazer are Striker classes.

Flag Post

Btw, the best choice against a tech team is tank+blazer. A blazer can kill turrets and techs faster than the healing speed, tanks can stun the techs with bomb and destroy the turrets with the mauler, not dying easily.

Against a tank team, use tanks and blasters. You need high survivability to last long enough to kill a tank. Always assume that the tank has Q skill ready, unless you know that the tank just used it.

Against sniping gunners in CP matches, use some shockers and scouts. Place an Aegis Device on the CP so the snipers shots will not work because you are in the shield of it, and use scouts to kill gunners.

Against blazer teams, use blasters and tanks. You need to last long enough to kill blazers with flamethrowers. Also use snipers against them, a blazer is pwned when sniped.

Against a blaster team, don’t use slow and low-defence classes. A tank or blaster is good against a blaster. You need to kill blasters before they kill you. You also shouldn’t be killed by homing rocket. You can also use gunners to quickly kill or harm them.

Flag Post

Lol nice 9 month old thread. But since there are new classes, might as well give an update.

Gunner team:
Counter with scouts and assassins

Blazer team:
Counter with Tanks and Gunners

Scout team:
Counter with gunners and blazers

Tank team:
No real counter because of shield. Assassin is best bet.

Blaster team:
Best countered with scouts and gunners

Assassin team:
Best countered with scouts and blazers

Tech team:
Best countered with gunners and blazers

Shocker team:
Best countered with tanks. And no, scouts won’t work because EMP mines DESTROY everything. Except noob tank shield spammers. Yeah.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Lol nice 9 month old thread. But since there are new classes, might as well give an update.

Gunner team:
Counter with scouts and assassins

Blazer team:
Counter with Tanks and Gunners

Scout team:
Counter with gunners and blazers

Tank team:
No real counter because of shield. Assassin is best bet.

Blaster team:
Best countered with scouts and gunners

Assassin team:
Best countered with scouts and blazers

Tech team:
Best countered with gunners and blazers

Shocker team:
Best countered with tanks. And no, scouts won’t work because EMP mines DESTROY everything. Except noob tank shield spammers. Yeah.

Snipers are also a good counter vs tanks. Blazers (especially the bomb) are also surprisingly effective.

The general seems to be like this:
p.

• Scout kills gunners and assassins
  • Assassin kills everyone except scout and blazer, though heavy classes are somewhat more resistant.
  • Tech and shocker are wimps, except against the blazer and assassin respectively, because the heal ray douses fire and the lightning gun removes poison. Also, you can’t get poisoned inside an aegis.
  • Gunner kills everyone except light classes at long range, but you’re screwed if someone gets close.
  • Blazer kills everyone at close range, except heavy classes and possibly snipers.
  • Tank kills everyone at close-mid range, but especially heavy and medium classes.
  • Blaster kills everyone at close-mid range, but especially light and medium classes.

Flag Post

Snipers are also a good counter vs tanks. Blazers (especially the bomb) are also surprisingly effective.

p.

• Assassin kills everyone except scout and blazer, though heavy classes are somewhat more resistant.
  • Tech and shocker are wimps, except against the blazer and assassin respectively, because the heal ray douses fire and the lightning gun removes poison. Also, you can’t get poisoned inside an aegis.
  • Gunner kills everyone except light classes at long range, but you’re screwed if someone gets close.
  • Blazer kills everyone at close range, except heavy classes and possibly snipers.
  • Tank kills everyone at close-mid range, but especially heavy and medium classes.
  • Blaster kills everyone at close-mid range, but especially light and medium classes.

I feel that 1. Scout is not necessary better then Assassin. Scout would be better then Assassin in open maps, and assassin will be better then Scout in closed ones.
2. Heavy Classes vs. Assassin. If heavy does not have shield, Assassin would win with a surprise, kyphoon, etc.
3. Techs and shockers are WIMPS??? Pfft. Tech and shocker are the backbone of the team. They heal tanks who soak up damage, and Shockers help control points better. Plus, the main shocker weapon and the pulser are very good if you know how to use em.
4. For gunner, if there is someone who gets close, it would be a assassin, scout, tank, or blazer. Other classes might still be overwhelmed by the gunner’s submachine gun. (And i know a few good snipers who know how to deal with even THESE classes at short-range)
5. Tanks kill scouts, gunners, buildings, techs, shockers, and about every other class with their shield up. But are equally matched with other tanks.
6. Blaster is more mid-far range due to its rocket launcher. The rocket launcher might still be very useful in close range, however.

Flag Post
Originally posted by charlie12520:

p.

I feel that 1. Scout is not necessary better then Assassin. Scout would be better then Assassin in open maps, and assassin will be better then Scout in closed ones.
2. Heavy Classes vs. Assassin. If heavy does not have shield, Assassin would win with a surprise, kyphoon, etc.
3. Techs and shockers are WIMPS??? Pfft. Tech and shocker are the backbone of the team. They heal tanks who soak up damage, and Shockers help control points better. Plus, the main shocker weapon and the pulser are very good if you know how to use em.
4. For gunner, if there is someone who gets close, it would be a assassin, scout, tank, or blazer. Other classes might still be overwhelmed by the gunner’s submachine gun. (And i know a few good snipers who know how to deal with even THESE classes at short-range)
5. Tanks kill scouts, gunners, buildings, techs, shockers, and about every other class with their shield up. But are equally matched with other tanks.
6. Blaster is more mid-far range due to its rocket launcher. The rocket launcher might still be very useful in close range, however.

Edit: Whoops, velociraptorr. I wanted to quote your post…