Skill Move Ideas

19 posts

Flag Post

I just thought this would be a cool idea to add a sort of twist. Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

I suggest moves for all characters like wall jumping or backward rolls to dodge melee attacks. The keys can be changed but i didn’t want to make them far away from the WASD basic FPS/TPS keys.

Double tap W – forward roll (character rolls forward twice except for tank which only rolls once, gravity still applies when rolling midair)
Double Tap S – backward roll (character rolls back once including tank)
Space while in mid air against wall – wall jump (propel off a wall at a 45-90 degree angle)
Double tap W while close to and facing a wall – wall climb (character climbs up quick a few meters)
Double tap S in mid air – dive (character goes into a fall position and rolls after hitting the ground)

Maybe a sword wall climb just like in Gunz would be cool too =)

Combos:

Wall Scaling – Run at the wall at an angle, jump, wall jump, forward roll towards the wall, wall jump, rinse and repeat.

Flag Post

The suits have a slight forward lean and tend to turtle when knocked backward… therefore while i agree with the idea of a forward and side roll, perhaps the direction key while holding ctrl, a backward roll makes no sense to me :(

Flag Post

it’s a good idea skullhead… except having to double tap would make you have to stop moving in the direction you are going, allowing them to make up any ground that the move would do. assuming that you are a scout, running from another scout w/o turbo OR the saber dash, and you are running full speed, you have to come to a dead stop to double tap, and in that time you have died. good theory, bad practicality

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

it’s a good idea skullhead… except having to double tap would make you have to stop moving in the direction you are going, allowing them to make up any ground that the move would do. assuming that you are a scout, running from another scout w/o turbo OR the saber dash, and you are running full speed, you have to come to a dead stop to double tap, and in that time you have died. good theory, bad practicality

i know but they can be changed anyway, i was thinking of something along the lines of holding a key like Voldershort suggested.

Flag Post

Possibly shift if it isn’t going to be used for anything else lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

better =D now it’s something that i would actually like to see.

Flag Post

Shift is currently used. It makes you fall when you are flying. Handy for if you are too high from a HP station while flying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:

Shift is currently used. It makes you fall when you are flying. Handy for if you are too high from a HP station while flying.

o.0 I learned something new today! Thank you abraaz! How inattentive do I have to be to have not caught that by now? Sheesh

Flag Post
Originally posted by dryflyriver:

o.0 I learned something new today! Thank you abraaz! How inattentive do I have to be to have not caught that by now? Sheesh

i didn’t know that either till today =P i saw somebody else say it in another forum and i was like BS, but abraaz said it soo…

Flag Post

Well… the instructions need to be updated =P. I just hate when there r controls that aren’t in the instructions and i have to test some out. Like in cs portable >_>

Flag Post

Guys, press “O” then scroll down a bit and look at the controls….. They are all there…

Flag Post

How about an ability that players may choose for their class (once profile pages get programmed in) ? That would add a varying aspect of the game that would allow further customization. Maybe 3 abilities per class, 1 of which is chosen at the player’s profile page for that class. I for one would like to see:

Tank:
1. Neutron Battery: 10% longer Neutron Shield Duration, OR
2. Cross Sights: 10% farther lock-on distance for the Heavy Machine Gun, OR
3. Rechargeable Thrusters: 1 second reduced cooldown on E-Rush

Or are these too much like boosts…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dual_Smoke:

How about an ability that players may choose for their class (once profile pages get programmed in) ? That would add a varying aspect of the game that would allow further customization. Maybe 3 abilities per class, 1 of which is chosen at the player’s profile page for that class. I for one would like to see:

Tank:

would be nice to have a boost like those, that can be earned with a certain level.

Flag Post

also handy when a tank sneaks up on you while sniping and you have to get away.. good for falling down near the bottom entrance when this happens. hehe, Dual Smoke knows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

also handy when a tank sneaks up on you while sniping and you have to get away.. good for falling down near the bottom entrance when this happens. hehe, Dual Smoke knows.

Haha, I win some I lose some.

Flag Post

wat do u mean win some and lose some???

Tank:

These don’t exactly fall into the “skill move” category lol…. more like boost ideas.

Flag Post

I know what he means :P

Flag Post

Tank:

These don’t exactly fall into the “skill move” category lol…. more like boost ideas.

I wasn’t talking about skill moves though – skill moves would be kind of complicated and very difficult to balance (should they be options). However, something like class-based “boosts” would be balance-able while still maintaining a certain level of customization and skill.

Flag Post

I see where neutron shell came from.

If anyone wants to complain about neutron shell, here is the thread.