Initial download takes too long?

12 posts

Flag Post

I can’t play the game because the initial download is always too long. Also, messages pop up telling me that the Shockwave Flash player and Unity Web Player crash during the download. I don’t have particularly slow internet, and my desktop isn’t that old. So, what could the problem be?

Flag Post

I’m not sure. what web browser do you use? Have you cleaned your computer of cookies? Have you scanned it for a minor virus?

Flag Post

see if shockwave and unity is up to date

Flag Post

What browser are you using?

Flag Post

Google chrome is pretty good for gaming.

Flag Post

If you have broadband it should be fine. I was in the middle of downloading a 1GB file and the game still loaded in 10 mins. ANd the broadband I have is pretty sh** i admit…..

Flag Post

I use firefox, but I tried the game in both firefox and chrome. Neither worked. I haven’t tried cleaning cookies. Both unity and shockwave are up to date (I reinstalled them).

Flag Post

I’m using a hardwired computer, and I used Firefox, i downloaded in less than a minute

Flag Post

You could try switching to Chrome, as cloakerx suggests. It seems to get along with Unity fairly well. I still see the crashes from time to time on my PC, especially if Skype is running. So try turning off things that use the internet before you launch your browser.

Flag Post

I have wireless internet connection. Could that be why the game isn’t working for me?

Flag Post

Try getting wired internet connection, though I doubt that’s the reason why. I managed to download this game on Google Chrome with wireless, although it took me 10 mins.

Flag Post

I play on a wireless network at home, but there are no other users on it and there are no other wireless networks close by that could cause interference. If you are on a public wireless network, try switching off to a land line as soon as possible. In any case, a hard wired ethernet connection will help you.