44 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

The Moonbase map has been released.

How do you like it?

I love it.

To bad it’s scout heaven.

Flag Post

New map: I like it but it feels very open and exposed compared to Shuttle Bay. The “edges” of the map also make less sense, as a scout I don’t like bumping into invisible walls and ceiling. I love the speed-ramp and the green boosts.

New mode: Don’t like at the moment. VERY chaotic. It feels like a race to get from point to point. Once a point is captured suddenly it stops mattering. This is exacerbated by the lack of places to rest, heal, team up, etc. Kills also seem to matter less, whereas Shuttle Bay was closer to team deathmatch. Lag is high, not sure if it’s the map, or all the people logging in to see, or the move from 12 to 16 players.

SUGGESTION: Make the grey CAPTURE symbol in the HUD a different color, brighter, bigger etc. Right now it gets lost in the clutter and it’s very important for this mode.

Flag Post

No Wonder i have to download this game again .

Flag Post
Originally posted by humnab:

New map: I like it but it feels very open and exposed compared to Shuttle Bay. The “edges” of the map also make less sense, as a scout I don’t like bumping into invisible walls and ceiling. I love the speed-ramp and the green boosts.

New mode: Don’t like at the moment. VERY chaotic. It feels like a race to get from point to point. Once a point is captured suddenly it stops mattering. This is exacerbated by the lack of places to rest, heal, team up, etc. Kills also seem to matter less, whereas Shuttle Bay was closer to team deathmatch. Lag is high, not sure if it’s the map, or all the people logging in to see, or the move from 12 to 16 players.

SUGGESTION: Make the grey CAPTURE symbol in the HUD a different color, brighter, bigger etc. Right now it gets lost in the clutter and it’s very important for this mode.

“Clutter” and “Chaotic” is an understatement. Once the game starts and everyone’s in the middle building, all hell breaks loose. Add smoke and it will look like those cartoons fighting each other. Hell, there are even a few people that just jump away only to be hunted down by the scouts. And the CP above the main building shouldn’t be left out, it’s like a royal rumble there, only you can go back after a while. This is truly one of the best maps in the game.

Flag Post

The jump pads are kinda hectic if you are moving forward too fast. they fling u all over the place and sometimes stick u in a wall for 2-3 seconds. Also, techs are extremely useless on this map because there is not single spot they can build up a suppressor where it, and they will not be instantly killed. IF they manage to get a level 3 somehow, it may only get visited every 30-40 seconds.

Tanks and scouts and gunners are the only ones that can make it on this one. Gunners have to play more tactically, yet eat shot is more vital because of the lessened health packs. Scouts do what they want on this map and camp health packs. Tanks kind of die to 3-4 scout swarms from all angles after their shield runs out.

Also, The matchmaking is really really bad in it. Horribly one sided usually

All health packs (except middle, it gives nearly 400) only give 100. I’m not sure if i like this. makes game play faster paced I guess. More for scouts, less for tanks.

as you know, all ranks can get in for some reason. corporal + is what I have seen so far, actually.

And the last thing – Make the points per spot 100 or 150. 200 goes way too quickly and doesn’t allow for any comebacks.

Flag Post

Anyone else notice that every weapon except the tank’s has a better texture. Looks like the map wasn’t just their eye candy.

Flag Post

Could you please put the map update in game news? I feel that not enough people go to the forums as should.

Flag Post
Originally posted by death136:

“Clutter” and “Chaotic” is an understatement. Once the game starts and everyone’s in the middle building, all hell breaks loose. Add smoke and it will look like those cartoons fighting each other. Hell, there are even a few people that just jump away only to be hunted down by the scouts. And the CP above the main building shouldn’t be left out, it’s like a royal rumble there, only you can go back after a while. This is truly one of the best maps in the game.

It’s amazing

Flag Post

One of the best things about the new maps is that you can actually move your suppressors now rather then losing them when you re-place them. :D

Flag Post

I’m gonna give this map another try today and see if I feel differently.

Flag Post

I just ranked up to Master Sergeant, and I’ve ran in to a bit of a problem, which I think is to do with this map. It seems as though I’m unable to play with people lower ranked than myself in the shuttle map, and all of the moon base maps are completely empty of players. I’ve checked all the servers that my ping allows me to play on, and it’s the same thing every time. Do I seriously get punished for ranking up, to the extent where I’m unable to play the game at all?

Flag Post
Originally posted by End_Of_Ends:

I just ranked up to Master Sergeant, and I’ve ran in to a bit of a problem, which I think is to do with this map. It seems as though I’m unable to play with people lower ranked than myself in the shuttle map, and all of the moon base maps are completely empty of players. I’ve checked all the servers that my ping allows me to play on, and it’s the same thing every time. Do I seriously get punished for ranking up, to the extent where I’m unable to play the game at all?

I have the same problem. The only way I can play now is to connect to one of the US servers and endure slight to moderate lag depending on the amount of players in the game.

Flag Post

Honestly. WHen I try to play shuttle, there is always ONE game that is 12/12, and I have the same issue with moon. Its like all the usual players are forced into one game and everyone else has to wait for a spot.

Flag Post

am i the only one that still gets the wrong amount of players where it is SUPPOSED to tell you how many players are in the game. i would join a game that SAYS there are ten players, and when i enter, i’m the only one. also when i leave, and refresh. it still says 10 players. anybody else have this problem?

Flag Post

i cant find out how to use the moon base map

Flag Post

Be MSg rank and above. Hit Play! or Find Games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Korice:

The jump pads are kinda hectic if you are moving forward too fast. they fling u all over the place and sometimes stick u in a wall for 2-3 seconds. Also, techs are extremely useless on this map because there is not single spot they can build up a suppressor where it, and they will not be instantly killed. IF they manage to get a level 3 somehow, it may only get visited every 30-40 seconds.

Tanks and scouts and gunners are the only ones that can make it on this one. Gunners have to play more tactically, yet eat shot is more vital because of the lessened health packs. Scouts do what they want on this map and camp health packs. Tanks kind of die to 3-4 scout swarms from all angles after their shield runs out.

Also, The matchmaking is really really bad in it. Horribly one sided usually

All health packs (except middle, it gives nearly 400) only give 100. I’m not sure if i like this. makes game play faster paced I guess. More for scouts, less for tanks.

as you know, all ranks can get in for some reason. corporal + is what I have seen so far, actually.

And the last thing – Make the points per spot 100 or 150. 200 goes way too quickly and doesn’t allow for any comebacks.

The tech turret is now movable so u can sit in spawn for a bit and get it up to lvl 3, then move it to the control point, this a waste of time though and is not recommended. However, u can simply build a turret in ur spawn and jump into battle and come back to lvl it up. Even if u die the turret is still there XD. Techs r also very important in keeping tanks alive. If a tank’s health is low with no Q ability, a scout will usually swoop by and gun it down. It also doesn’t help much trying to reach health because the corner ones don’t heal much and a scout will easily spot u. So techs r a very important class in this map.

Also anyone can join moonbase through the join friend option.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Masahiro8:

It’s amazing

Can’t wait for smoke bombs and flash bangs! It will truely make things even more chaotic when ppl r running around blind and clueless with smoke everywhere haha XD.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:
Originally posted by Masahiro8:

It’s amazing

Can’t wait for smoke bombs and flash bangs! It will truely make things even more chaotic when ppl r running around blind and clueless with smoke everywhere haha XD.

that’s kinda what my hypothesis was about the flare gun for a scout 0_0 makes things all bright so you can’t see