Jesster24's Tech Guide

9 posts

Flag Post

I have seen endless tank and scout guides, but gunner and tech seems to be denied quite often.

Index.
1.The Tech’s Role
2.Weapons and Abilities
3.Shuttle Base
4.Lunar Base
5. Classes

1. The Tech’s Role

The tech is a teamplayer, their primary job is to level up their turret and heal teammates at capture points. The tech is very underestimated under a good player, most people do not realize it until their suppressor 3 is up.

i) Weapons
Your main weapon in a pulser, this won’t be what you usually use unless everyone around you is healed including your turret, which will not happen often, especially on lunar base. Your secondary weapon is for healing, DO NOT LOCK ON HEAL. If you do that you have already failed as a tech, usually use your turret as a healing base, but try to heal other players directly if needed. When your bar is full you can press r to heal yourself and everyone around you. This is very useful when being attacked by a scout and/or a tank.

ii)Abilities
Q is your biggest thing, press it to set down your turret it will not work if the area if invalid, ex. Too steep. Press Q again while near your turret to level it up it will cap out at 3.
E is your melee that has no cooldown and you can use it all day, you can use this to knock down tanks attacking your turret, though a attacking tech is not a healing tech.
F Your firebomb, this is best tactically used throwing at your turret to hurt enemies and knock them away, to wait for support from other tanks.

3. Shuttlebay
To start this map rush into the ship as fast as you can, all other classes will beat you there, except for maybe a few tanks. put down your turret straight away, this is needed to establish yourself quickly, the start of the game will always be the hardest and if your mess it up you may never get your turret up. Tanks will help protect the base to try to keep your turret up, heal them and they will be grateful.

Put your turret on the capture point unless needed desperately somewhere else. Some people prefer different places in the ship, pick what you like best. Gunner’s will have a very good sight on your turret, and it is your job to chase them down if their is no other support, or heal your turret and keep it a alive as someone else chases them down. Other tech’s will rush in and put down their own turret very quickly to try to be a nuisance, if they leave heal your turret and it will be taken care of, if they stay to heal lob grenades at them and heal your turret.

4. Lunar Base

This is a map that the tech as to adapt to, it is not the easiest for them and you better expect many deaths for this is a tank map. I will give you a hint straight away, when you capture a point do not just let your turret be destroyed if it is above lv 1. When you go to another point you can press q to plop down a new turret but it will actually move your old turret there, a trick most tech’s don’t know about.

The booster’s on the map are your best friend, use them with your jetpack to move quickly from point to point.

Now as I said about this being a tank map, tanks will rapidly capture points use constant shields and just be a big nusiance for you by constantly destroy your turrets. Now there is not much to say about this map, but it requires a good tech.

5.Classes

i) Tank
These big guys have a habit of turning on neutron shield and going straight for you or your turret. If they go for you try using melee and jump around while healing your turret also remember to use your r ability when neede. Remember DO NOT LOCK ON HEAL, it will move your screen around and get super confusing. If they go for your turret heal it and hope that is shield will go down soon.

ii) Gunner
Snipers, they like taking out your turret where it cannot reach, like stated above support, heal no support, go and ( Try to ) kill him, or chase him away.
Gunner’s are a great pain and have to be dealt with constantly be aware that tanks and scouts will attack your turret while your distracted.

iii) Scout’s

There are two different things scout’s will try to do.

1. They will fly quickly around the ship and shoot at your turret, hoping that it will not have time to lock on, in the big openings it will usually have time to take a few shots, do not try to shoot down the scouts. Heal your turret.

2. They will run up to your turret and use their saber, throw down grenades plus your turret will usually kill them instantly. If your out of grenades try to melee kick them away from your turret and heal it quickly.

iiii) Tech’s

I don’t know what to tell you what to do against them, try expirmenting against them until you find the tactic that best suits you.

Trust me, Grenades are your best friend.

Scout’s will either do two of these things

Flag Post

I believe you need a little more experience before you can talk about a couple of the “NEVER do this” stuff and some of your random facts I see.
Lock-on heal is bad? huh I should be screwed 70% of the time lol. Lock-on healing is so useful, because over half the time, a scout chases me while healing someone, and the someone has no idea the scout is there… so tech slingshotting keeps me alive for a bit longer (lock-on healing + jumping) there is no such thing as an absolute NEVER, because people have their own play-style. Lock-on healing and non-locked have their own merits. for example: locked-on has a lower chance of multi-healing (the game sometimes hates your healing), but has slingshot/tether capabilities (you magically get pulled to your target while you are in mid-air). non-locked healing has 100% chance of branched healing (multi-healing whatever) and it is easier to see the situation around you.
Shuttlebay I can get to the control point first, after some scouts, uhh not last (learn to increase your speed through kicks and jumps).

MOST important info, in my opinion, is that you experiment and have fun!

anyyyways was going to add some info, but I was too lazy to… gtg play more lunar base.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jesster24:

ii) Gunner
Snipers, they like taking out your turret where it cannot reach, like stated above support, heal no support, go and ( Try to ) kill him, or chase him away.
Gunner’s are a great pain and have to be dealt with constantly be aware that tanks and scouts will attack your turret while your distracted.

Techs never chase me away.

I burst techs down if they come near me with a Assault Rifle in 4 seconds.

Flag Post
<

iii) Scout’s

There are two different things scout’s will try to do.

1. They will fly quickly around the ship and shoot at your turret, hoping that it will not have time to lock on, in the big openings it will usually have time to take a few shots, do not try to shoot down the scouts. Heal your turret.

2. They will run up to your turret and use their saber, throw down grenades plus your turret will usually kill them instantly. If your out of grenades try to melee kick them away from your turret and heal it quickly.

Trust me, Grenades are your best friend.

Scout’s will either do two of these things

I don’t think you should be so sure of that, Since I personally just go and kill the techs before the turret with the sword since they can just plop down a new one after I destroy the old turret making me lose a lot of health for nothing.

Flag Post

ii) Gunner

You don’t have to GO and kill a gunner. They are scared very easily while they are sniping. If you have another teammate in the CP, they will usually recognize what’s what and go attack the gunner. If not, then switch to your pulser and fire a few shots in their direction. Most will think you are coming to attack them and run away. HOWEVER they aren’t going to stop sniping so there is not much you can do to get them to go away for the whole game.

(Pros feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.)

Flag Post

If a gunner wants that Sup3 destroyed he won’t care what is shooting at him as long as he gets the job done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:

If a gunner wants that Sup3 destroyed he won’t care what is shooting at him as long as he gets the job done.

I care about not dying…

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

why did my post get hidden?