Design Your Gamemode page 4

132 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

:O i came here to make a mode called something like “protect the chief” then see diego’s VIP which is similar. oh well. I guess i’ll change it up.

Well, there’s a chief. you must protect him. both teams have to protect the chief. best 2/3 wins the game. chief has 1.5x health and shield. the chiefs are put on either side of the map, their teams side, and to get to it you have to go through a maze. there are 2 players guarding the chief. 5 players trying to kill the other chief (total of 16 people max a game.). the chief must be gunner. no sniper, only auto-shotgun. thee is one lvl 2 turret that cannot be upgraded or downgraded. it is in the middle of a small-medium sized room that the chief and guard are in. there are various platforms and other things in this area, though it isn’t very big. the maze itself is medium long, with small open areas dotted within it. in the center there is a fairly big area for people to fight. it slops down like a bowl, but isn’t too steep. the turret cannot be destroyed, but once it reaches 0 health it can’t dmg enemies. it is put back to full health every 2 minutes after dead. each round last 10 minutes max, but should normally take only 7-8 mins. the chief is randomly chosen. If the chief gets 10 kills(he cannot leave the guarded room.) that team wins. so there are 2 ways to win a round- kill the other chief, or your chief gets 10 kills.

Originally posted by shadowex1650:

Here’s mine:

Protect the Boss!

One lucky player is chosen as the Boss from both teams. That player will cause his entire team to lose if he dies. First team to crush the opposing team leader wins.

Time limit:
10 minutes

Objective:
Beat up the enemy leader.

Originally posted by diegozil:

My ideas combined with some of the ideas in here and other games

• Name: VIP
  • Type: Team Based
  • Duration: 20min (2 rounds of 10 minutes) or until the objective is completed
  • Objective: One team has a VIP member which has to be protected. The other team has to eliminate the VIP 5 times. If the VIP survives the 5 kills withing the 10 minutes the game is automatically won. If not, the winner depends on how many times the VIP was killed.
  • Info: The VIP has double shield and x1.5 health- x1.5 attack.
    It can only be a gunner that has just a Combat Pistol. (no sniper,no shotgun, no secondary weapon) after one VIP dies another person of the team is randomly chosen as the VIP.

Diegozil was here!

Notice any similarities? :P
BTW, mine was the 3rd post.

Flag Post

lol wow. didn’t even read 1st page haha. but ours are more detailed then yours :P btw, 1001 post

Flag Post

sorry shadow xD i didnt saw your post, btw my idea is from halo :)

Flag Post

Siege

This game mode is based heavily on the Onslaught game mode from Unreal Tournament 2004. It’s a large-scale team game mode that encourages teamplay in a big way.

The teams start off in two bases across the map from each other. Both bases contain a Generator at the heart of the base. There are also multiple capture points between each base. The goal of the game is to capture all of the points leading to the enemy’s base, then destroy the enemy Generator.

Some notes I’d like to add:
-Capturing the points is identical to the method used to cap points in Capture the Point on the Shuttle Bay map.
-The points MUST be captured in order from closest to farthest from your team’s base.
-You cannot attack the enemy Generator until your team has control of all of the primary points between your team’s base and the enemy base.
-Once captured, players spawn at the point closest to the enemy base.
-Each Generator starts at 100% health. The game ends when one of the Generators reaches 0% health. There is no way to heal your team’s Generator.

This mode requires a great deal of teamwork: Each player must know how to use their classes to effectively play their role in the fight. Support classes provide tactical support while the combat-heavy classes mop up. Offense-based Scouts and Gunners fight on the frontlines while the defensive Techs and Tanks stay behind and hold down the fort. And some classes, like Blasters and Blazers, serve multiple purposes.

That’s my idea for a large team mode. Anyone feel like giving an opinion?

Flag Post

Shoot out

A pure reaction timing, reflex and accuracy mode. Players are put into rooms, 2 people in each room. There will be a wall in between them so they can’t see each other. Players have 5 seconds to quickly go to where they want then become immobilized. You get one shot for one kill. From any time from 3-10 seconds after you are immobilized the wall will disappear. One shot, first to shoot the other wins. If both of them miss, it is a draw.

Brawl Arena

A small platform where everyone gets crammed into to fight to the death. If you fall you die. (inspired by moon base when tanks and scouts were impossible to knock off)

Flag Post

defense
a team will be choosen to defend a cristal and the other team must destroy the cristal
hide and seek
1 player will be choosen to search and kill other players ohly the seeker can atack and the hiders must hide for some minutes whem the minutes run out the hiders win
flood
everybody is team the objective is survive the giant wave and later survive the flood

Flag Post
Originally posted by cosmos5000:

defense
a team will be choosen to defend a cristal and the other team must destroy the cristal

I like the defense idea. Opportunities for quick classes to get in, strong classes to do damage, lots of pvp.

Alternatively, the defended structure could simply rack up points for a team based on the amount of damage the team gives, and the team with the most points wins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cosmos5000:

defense

That’s just like my Assault idea from the other thread, except there’s only one objective. (Destroy the crystal)

Flag Post

I kinda wish someone would give me some feedback on my “Assault” and “Siege” modes I posted in these threads.

Oh well. Let’s keep it rolling! I thought of another game mode yesterday that I figured would work well in this game.

Team Hunted (Originally from “Twisted Metal” for the PS3)
This mode works similarly to standard Team Deathmatch. However, there are a few twists.
-One team member on each team is the “Hunted” character for each team. The Hunted is the ONLY player on the team that can score for kills.
-If one Hunted kills another, the remaining Hunted scores three kills for their team.
-The game ends when time runs out.
Since the two Hunted characters are the only players who can score for kills, teams MUST work cohesively to win. The normal players’ main objective is to soften up enemy combatants so the Hunted can score the kill.

Flag Post

i didnt back read but i have an idea, an assassination mode wherein an AI will be protected by gold and blue will assassinate the AI

Flag Post
Originally posted by loardlight:

i didnt back read but i have an idea, an assassination mode wherein an AI will be protected by gold and blue will assassinate the AI

So a VIP mode?

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Brawl Arena

A small platform where everyone gets crammed into to fight to the death. If you fall you die. (inspired by moon base when tanks and scouts were impossible to knock off)

You haven’t played Blaster yet have you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Brawl Arena

You haven’t played Blaster yet have you?

Fine make it so that it’s only one class.

Flag Post

kill farm mode

5 playesrs
every kill gives me 500 kreds.
everyone enters by force cuz i good

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazq:

kill farm mode

5 playesrs
every kill gives me 500 kreds.
everyone enters by force cuz i good

^ Better be a troll. _

Flag Post

Elimination: Everyone has X amount of lives. Each death takes 1 life. After you lose all your lives, it is game over. You’ll immediately respawn in this mode after you die, like the pre-match warmups. You will become a ghost after you lose all your lives and you’ll be able to wander around (So you won’t be bored while waiting the match to finish.)
Objective: Be the last man standing or be the man with most lives after 15 mins
After the match, the winner(s) will get huge exp and money, 2nd player(s) will get less, 3rd player(s) will get less, 4th player(s) will get less and it will go on like this.

Juggernaut: A player will be the juggernaut. The juggernaut willl have %X more dps, shield and hp. The person who manages to kill the juggernaut will become the juggernaut, getting a total recovery (HP and shield will be filled, DOT’s and debuffs will be lost.) Juggernauts will get a point per second. Other players won’t be able to attack each other.
Objective: Have the most points.
After the match, the exp and money awards will be like the elimination. Also, players who couldn’t be the juggernaut will get the losing exp and money.

King Of The Hill: A lot like the shuttle bay mode, but here you don’t have to capture. There will be a huge CP (much bigger than the usual ones) in the middle of the arena. For each person on the CP, the team that person belongs will get points. (If there is one Blue person on the CP, the Blue team will get 1 point per sec. If there was 3 Blue people, the Blue team would get 3 point per sec.) Both teams can get points at the same time.
Objective: Get 1000 points first, or be the team with the most points after 20 mins (Not likely to happen)
After the match, the exp and money awards will be like the Shuttle Bay.

Protect the Base: In a map like the Training Arena, teams will have a base, where players respawn. The base will be a Supressor V turret. It will have massive hp and a pretty good dmg. It will be resistant to DOT’s and it will take less dmg from melee attacks. It won’t be able to be healed.
Objective: Destroy the enemy turret before they do yours, or have your turret less damaged then the other team’s turret after 20 mins

Capture The Bases: Everything will be the same with the Shuttle Bay, but we will have 3 CP’s instead of 1. A CP will bring 3 points per cycle instead of 9 like the Shuttle Bay.

In all modes except elimination, you’ll get a point for killing. In Elimination, you’ll get an extra life for X amount of kills.

Flag Post

Harvester (Based on “Greed” from Unreal Tournament 3)

-When players die, they drop Skulls. If the player has collected skulls from enemy players, he will drop that amount of skulls +1 upon death. (i.e. Player who dies after collecting 6 Skulls will drop 7 Skulls. Player who hasn’t collected any Skulls will only drop 1 Skull.)
-There is also a capture point at the center of the map. Unlike with the Shuttle Bay and Moon Base, however, the team that has control of the capture point will power down the barriers surrounding the enemy base. (You know, the ones in the Shuttle Bay and Moon Base levels that keep the enemy team out of your team’s base? Those barriers.)
-Each team’s base will have a small obelisk. The goal of the game is to hold the CP long enough for you and your team to carry the Skulls you collect from dead players and “sacrifice” them to the obelisk. (by touching it) As soon as a player touches the enemy team’s obelisk, that player is teleported back to his team’s base.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:
Protect the Base: In a map like the Training Arena, teams will have a base, where players respawn. The base will be a Supressor V turret. It will have massive hp and a pretty good dmg. It will be resistant to DOT’s and it will take less dmg from melee attacks. It won’t be able to be healed.
Objective: Destroy the enemy turret before they do yours, or have your turret less damaged then the other team’s turret after 20 mins

Get about half the players to either tech or shocker. Surround Suppressor V with a bunch of Suppressor IIIs. Add a bunch of Aegesis Devices on the Suppressor V so 2-4 Aegesis Devices cover all Suppressors. Heal health and shield. Other half of team demolishes opposing teams Suppressor V while most of them try to penetrate our tech shocker combo blockade. :D

Also, you said the Suppressor V would be able to be healed but can it’s shield be repaired?

Flag Post

No, it can’t be repaired at all. About the tech and shocker thing, you are right, lets forbid techs and shockers.

Flag Post

Exactly. The only way they could possibly win is to have an equally invulnerably powerful or more powerful blockade. Then if the team that started the blockade has extra people or the techs can make up for the absence of 1 or maybe two techs and those 1-3 people would attack the other teams Suppressor V while their entire team is at our base trying to disband our little blockade. Or it would a stand still the entire match.

Flag Post

Rampage:
Team Deatmatch
Desc: Every time you kill a member of the opposite team, you got an “mega damage”

Necronation:
Team Deatmatch
Desc: All players on the map will slowly get damage until he dies. If the player kill another player he will automatically (or manually idk…) win a half of his HP and shield. HP items is removed on this mode. (well, the damage needs to be an equilibrium, because we actually have some weak-on-hp classes (like scout and assassin).

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Even harder to code…. make it a spherical room with gravity shifting floors. Each tile can change to have different gravitational pulls xD (have fun ending up on the other side because of gravity shifts lol). They’ll also have color codes so u can tell the force of gravity it is producing. There will be NO up, down, left, or right….. and it’ll be all colorful and flashy on the inside ;)… like an inside out disco ball haha.

Just you wait!

I’ve been waiting for nearly 11 months now :P

Can anyone find that old Juggernaut thread? It was 3/4 pages long (I think) and it was just focused on that one idea. I liked that topic ^.^

Flag Post

Sudden Death If you die you are eliminated, last survivor wins 100 coins person who dies first 20 coins. After you die you must spectate the other players and btw a map is randomly chosen. During match warm-up you can select your class.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kenedilima:

Rampage:
Team Deatmatch
Desc: Every time you kill a member of the opposite team, you got an “mega damage”

Necronation:
Team Deatmatch
Desc: All players on the map will slowly get damage until he dies. If the player kill another player he will automatically (or manually idk…) win a half of his HP and shield. HP items is removed on this mode. (well, the damage needs to be an equilibrium, because we actually have some weak-on-hp classes (like scout and assassin).

Instead of making them have different damage could just lower all classes health in this certian mode but im not sure how that would work

Flag Post

blender
in this gamemode 2 teams are in blender
they are fighting and jumping on flying platforms
after 1 minute a blender is working and anyone who falls is sliced and automaticly killed
objective:get 30 kills
time 15:00
map:inside blender