Mega Nerf/Remove Orb Caster (locked)

42 posts

Flag Post

And now, the thread you’ve all been waiting for!!! Orb Caster is OP thread :D.

Remove it, what it is a Instant shield removing, buckler avoiding, high dmg, splash and visually glitching weapon, it makes the server lag and also me and dot in particular, I’ve lagged put 5 times since the orb caster has been in use.

I’ve made this its own thread because its a major issue ;).

Heres a lil visual glitch for you (follow the link)

http://prntscr.com/bwmol

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

And now, the thread you’ve all been waiting for!!! Orb Caster is OP thread :D.

Remove it, what it is a Instant shield removing, buckler avoiding, high dmg, splash and visually glitching weapon, it makes the server lag and also me and dot in particular, I’ve lagged put 5 times since the orb caster has been in use.

I’ve made this its own thread because its a major issue ;).

Heres a lil visual glitch for you (follow the link)

http://prntscr.com/bwmol

But its pretty and a pain to aim the only way i get kills is spamming it. The minigun on the other hand is unstoppable against it u come in with ur bubble im toast almost instantly if i cant run away

Flag Post

This is a beta.

You report things, they fix it.

And the Orb is only OP if used correctly. And it is easy to counter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glock243:

This is a beta.

Though i do remember a certain person cough cough glock cough cough rage quiting when several people where using it XD

Flag Post

This is a beta.

Originally posted by jayyyjude:

This is a beta.

Though i do remember a certain person cough cough glock cough cough rage quiting when several people where using it XD

Please, every weapon is OP if you know how to use it, thats were being a skilled player comes in. The main problem I have with this is the visual lag and huge strafe lights flying around everywhere. The thing is when two or more people are using it its unstoppable and makes lots of people lag out, and don’t toss that ‘get better internet’ crap at me because i’m on the other side of the pacific ocean and unity has crashed 5 times since people started spamming it. Also its a weapon on the tech which is meant to be a support class, however while i’m seeing more techs most of them arn’t healing.

Flag Post

I call a gun which shoots so many graphics that it force-crashes a Unity Plugin to be OP.

Seriously.

It crashed me twice today already D:

Flag Post

This is a beta.

try to survive with 4 tech who used this orb.
turrets heal and huge dmg. you have to nerf it really quick.
also because if you don’t do so noone will perma buy new weapons, because they know you will nerf weapon and so they want see how you nerf weapon and after they will buy them.
so if you need money nerf this weapon quickly (and also other weapon).

Flag Post

It is both OP and UP, like any other gun. If someone decides to come and kill you personally, you are screwed, unless you have your turret with you. If used with a group it is OP.
A gunners sniper is OP at long range with multiple snipers and UP at short, is that going to get a nerf? No, because it is designed for its job. A team of gunners can easily out kill a team of techs using this.
It shouldn’t be nurfed, or buffed.
And it made me restart my laptop due to the EVERYTHING crashing whilst I was using it. xD

Flag Post

I don’t know if its the Orb Caster specifically or what, but I’ve crashed about 5 times within the span of 2 hours. Usually I may only crash 1 or 2 times while playing through out an entire day…

Flag Post
Originally posted by abraaz:

It is both OP and UP, like any other gun. If someone decides to come and kill you personally, you are screwed, unless you have your turret with you. If used with a group it is OP.
A gunners sniper is OP at long range with multiple snipers and UP at short, is that going to get a nerf? No, because it is designed for its job. A team of gunners can easily out kill a team of techs using this.
It shouldn’t be nurfed, or buffed.
And it made me restart my laptop due to the EVERYTHING crashing whilst I was using it. xD

And who was it that decided to come and hunt you down :P. With basically any weapon if you have me and shadow hunting you its not going to be a piece of cake getting out. I actually want this gun removed until the fix the graphics. The main problem I have with the orb caster is that it instant removes shields, even through neutron shields which is a real pain, and on moonbase its not as bad as it is on shuttle bay. Also RG shots can be blocked and dodged pretty easily but this big purple ball will hit scouts hard, go through bucklers and deal a larger splash then the gunners RG. Also rja suggested that the buckler blocks RG bullets to stop them killing people behind the tank which is a good idea and will make nerfing the Orb more viable.

Originally posted by Dotrawr:

I don’t know if its the Orb Caster specifically or what, but I’ve crashed about 5 times within the span of 2 hours. Usually I may only crash 1 or 2 times while playing through out an entire day…

http://media.partner-ad.photobucket.com/image/i%20know%20that%20feel%20bro/psycoyami/i_hug_that_feel.png?o=8

Flag Post

Ok…. It might be a little OP in the shuttle in shuttlebay. xD

Flag Post

an instant win is 7 techs with 7 orb casters in shuttle bay. 2 spamming each entrance, and 1 killing straglers… they won’t make it out of the base.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chriserit:

This is a beta.

try to survive with 4 tech who used this orb.
turrets heal and huge dmg. you have to nerf it really quick.
also because if you don’t do so noone will perma buy new weapons, because they know you will nerf weapon and so they want see how you nerf weapon and after they will buy them.
so if you need money nerf this weapon quickly (and also other weapon).

Expect if your name is Janiye that buys all weps before he nerfs them…Lol.

Flag Post

I agree. Nerf, for orb caster, all the way. 50% hit rate and 30% Dmg should do. This would make it 1/6 as effective, and hopefully make it even. Maybe remove it’s movement too so it is like a mine? This would be an awesome ambush weapon against snipers.

Flag Post

i’d rather FRG nerf the hail raiser before the orb caster… because the hail raise is a garenteed kill if you land a shot on them unless they get help, or are less than 20m from a base.

Flag Post

I’d rather FRG nerf the Orb Caster’s GRAPHICS. I have no problems with the Orb Caster itself. Just the graphics. I mean, those orbs can be avoided by sniping the tech, which is what gunners should’ve been doing, or by just going up to the tech and beating the hell out of it.

Hail Raiser doesn’t beat SMG in terms of pure damage output when going 1v1, it just has effects which are beyond annoying…
Slow + Greater Crit Rate? That’s scary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowex1650:

I’d rather FRG nerf the Orb Caster’s GRAPHICS. I have no problems with the Orb Caster itself. Just the graphics. I mean, those orbs can be avoided by sniping the tech, which is what gunners should’ve been doing, or by just going up to the tech and beating the hell out of it.

Hail Raiser doesn’t beat SMG in terms of pure damage output when going 1v1, it just has effects which are beyond annoying…
Slow + Greater Crit Rate? That’s scary.

graphics are fine to me, i just don’t want a weapon that can 1 hit a scout…

Flag Post

I say, if the hail raiser is really annoying the hell out of so many people, then just remove the ice and slow down effects, and keep it’s damage. That would be fine.

Honestly though, the orb caster needs a serious nerf. 50% hit rate and 30% damage, and it will be all good. It would kill a scout in 10 seconds of exposure, instead of 1.5. And reduce it’s hit radius so tanks can still partially block it. Needs a slight speed boost though.

Overall, these weapons bring an interesting twist to the game. None ofthe weapons are bad per se, just that a few need some major balancing fixes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I say, if the hail raiser is really annoying the hell out of so many people, then just remove the ice and slow down effects, and keep it’s damage. That would be fine.

Honestly though, the orb caster needs a serious nerf. 50% hit rate and 30% damage, and it will be all good. It would kill a scout in 10 seconds of exposure, instead of 1.5. And reduce it’s hit radius so tanks can still partially block it. Needs a slight speed boost though.

Overall, these weapons bring an interesting twist to the game. None ofthe weapons are bad per se, just that a few need some major balancing fixes.

especially the OP hail raiser….. no scout thinks it’s bad… EVERYBODY else thinks it’s bad.. but NOOOO scouts are all like “It’s not OP, that’s like saying the AR is OP.” no. if you CANNOT get away from a weapon. it is fucking OP…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

It only kills fast before it gets large, when it’s small and slow and you’re a scout you should be able to dodge, or you kinda deserve to die. Anyways, besides the fact that you can just dodge the slowwww orbs, they’re shot by a tech, which is VERY easy to kill. Also, it definitely does not need a speed boost, its whole point is that it has snail shots that are powerful.

Flag Post

It only kills fast before it gets large, when it’s small and slow and you’re a scout you should be able to dodge, or you kinda deserve to die. Anyways, besides the fact that you can just dodge the slowwww orbs, they’re shot by a tech, which is VERY easy to kill. Also, it definitely does not need a speed boost, its whole point is that it has snail shots that are powerful.

THANK YOU peps these are new weapons just get rid of that orb glitch and stop being big babys techs need a strong weapon and there name is freaken tech so there going to have high tech weapons soo everyone stop being babys scouts and techs need strong weapons when they get them nooby babys say there to OP SO ANYONE WHO IS GOOD AT THIS GAME WILL NOT SAY ANY WEAPON IS OP so everyone stfu if u think any of the weapons are OP

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

sorry double posted trying to quote post because it wouldn’t do it

delete one of them.

Flag Post

and yes josh, the hail raiser IS op no matter what way you look at it, not because of the average high damage, or the accuracy or the speed at which it shoots…. but the freaking DEBUFFS! for one, the ice shatter debuff makes people lag, because it causes the sides of the screen to be filled with a random high quality graphic and you lag… that ALONE has gotten me killed.

also the ice shatter goes for everybody…. i was a gunner one time, got shot a couple times by the hail raiser, but kept flying and then a minigun tore a hole in the space-time continuum by unloading a massive volley of 7s at me and i lasted less than .2 seconds from the 1st hail raiser shot. and i had full hp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

delete one of them.

and yes josh, the hail raiser IS op no matter what way you look at it, not because of the average high damage, or the accuracy or the speed at which it shoots…. but the freaking DEBUFFS! for one, the ice shatter debuff makes people lag, because it causes the sides of the screen to be filled with a random high quality graphic and you lag… that ALONE has gotten me killed.

also the ice shatter goes for everybody…. i was a gunner one time, got shot a couple times by the hail raiser, but kept flying and then a minigun tore a hole in the space-time continuum by unloading a massive volley of 7s at me and i lasted less than .2 seconds from the 1st hail raiser shot. and i had full hp.

You could’ve done those in one post :I. For the high dmg…. WHATS GONNA WORK? TEAMWORK!!! Its the same as if two scouts doped saber chopped you at the same time, you wouldn’t last 3 seconds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

delete one of them.

You could’ve done those in one post :I. For the high dmg…. WHATS GONNA WORK? TEAMWORK!!! Its the same as if two scouts doped saber chopped you at the same time, you wouldn’t last 3 seconds.

realised i coulda just put it in 1 post after the fact =P and even with the minigun not there… i still woulda been EFFed because there is no way to get away from that gun once you get shot with it.