August 1, 2012 Update Build Notes (locked)

33 posts

Flag Post

Update 11 Take 3. The Lobby Glitch should be fixed. Thank you all for your patience.

Armory
Armory Grand Opening Sale ended. Permanent Kred weapons back to normal price.

New Features
A “Change Teams” button was added that allows you to switch teams if the score is tied or your team is winning, and the other team has fewer players.

Matching with friends feature was also removed, so team balancing should be improved.

Tech
Tech’s [E] kick has been removed and replaced with ‘Nano Surge’ (10m AoE 100hp heal with a 30 sec cooldown), which used to be the [ R ] Special Abiltiy for the Repair Beam. Repair Beam’s heat now builds much slower, but then at 100% heat unlocks Hyper Charge on [ R ] which applies an attack speed and precision buff (called Hyper-Charged) on all teammates and turrets within 10 meters for 10 seconds. The Sonic Disruptor’s damage has been slightly reduced, to reinforce its role as a support weapon.

Tank
Some Tank abilities were rebalanced slightly to reinforce his role as the primary front line class, and to keep him from encroaching on the roles of the other classes. Tank Neutron Shell duration was increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Tank Comet Rush ability had its cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds. Tank Minigun’s range shortened by 5 meters and damage falls off at range slightly more. Nullification Buckler target-lock range and angle reduced. Buckler now also builds heat twice as fast as before and can only be retriggered when at less than 50% heat.

Scout
Fix to bug that allowed the Doped Saber’s targeted attacks to abort on contact, which allowed Scouts to slash in very rapid succession, doing vastly more damage per second than intended.

Common to All Classes
Weapon Reloads and Special [ R ] Abilities now alert the player when they are ready for use, within the weapon heat meter.

Fixes to Input Key display on the HUD such that the correct keys are shown with regard to the player’s keybindings.

Fix to a bug that was causing friendly units to be target-locked when initiating self targeted abilities (such as Tactical Crouch).

Fix to bug that made it possible to spam [E] over and over on all classes without initiating cooldown.

Various special effects received minor fixes or tweaks.

Shuttle Bay
Fix to a bug that allowed other players to penetrate the elevator floors in Shuttle Bay, due to network delays.

Other
In game build note text has been changed to inform players of rank progression.

Loading screens improved.

Flag Post

This IS the last time, right? :D

Flag Post

PLEASE BE THE LAST TIME

Flag Post

Thanks for the fixes guys, it was getting annoying to play against scouts. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by user10000:

This IS the last time, right? :D

I hope so.

Flag Post

Was the lobby glitch being fixed the only new addition from Update 11 Take 1?

Flag Post

Oh hey, you removed the scroll bar for the servers! Yay! No more crooked scroll bar! :D

Flag Post

Don’t think so.

Flag Post

Why the massive hammer nerf? :( I guess it’s balanced for the angle reduction and the target lock (so that you can sneak up on them easier and outflank them), but 50% less duration?!?

Flag Post

Not gonna lie, I’m really missing the tech kick… It’s a lot harder to get around quickly now, especially in the midst of fighting or chasing someone. Could you maybe add the tech kick onto the nano surge, but only as a mobility thing? Ie no damage, but a directional boost or something (maybe only if arrow keys are pressed? If no arrow keys, just make it the current nano surge)?

Flag Post

though i still consider Tech and Tank OP, i agree that, while all non-Scout classes have difficulties navigating around (not a problem with controls, but maybe with map…there’s a lot of ledges where you bump your head when you don’t expect it), not having some air-jump option with Tech, combined with fact that his Thrust hardly beats gravity … well i really miss having an “e” move option when i play Tech.

also whenever you fail to get on the Shuttle, with Tech you have to do the potentially lethal waiting on the ground for your jet fuel to refill…

(still annoys me less than Flare Gun, anyway.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

though i still consider Tech and Tank OP, i agree that, while all non-Scout classes have difficulties navigating around (not a problem with controls, but maybe with map…there’s a lot of ledges where you bump your head when you don’t expect it), not having some air-jump option with Tech, combined with fact that his Thrust hardly beats gravity … well i really miss having an “e” move option when i play Tech.

also whenever you fail to get on the Shuttle, with Tech you have to do the potentially lethal waiting on the ground for your jet fuel to refill…

i think it’s fine for a tech… neither tech or tank are OP… just saying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

How can you still say tank is OP with this buckler nerf…???

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

How can you still say tank is OP with this buckler nerf…???

he probably still can’t 1v1 a tank, so he thinks they are OP… i’m not sure though. that’s just my best guess. otherwise… i dunno.

Flag Post

because 8 second immunity, and close range dominance meaning that it takes far longer to move away, kill them and move back in than it takes for them to either kill you or drive you away and take Control back.

team of 5 with 1 tank normally wins from team of five with no tank. team of 5 with 2 tanks normally wins from team of 5 with 1 tank. so, yeah.

Tank > Gunner
Tank > Scout
so then what?

Flag Post

because 8 second immunity, and close range dominance meaning that it takes far longer to move away, kill them and move back in than it takes for them to either kill you or drive you away and take Control back.

team of 5 with 1 tank normally wins from team of five with no tank. team of 5 with 2 tanks normally wins from team of 5 with 1 tank. so, yeah.

Tank > Gunner
Tank > Scout
so then what?

So then Tech > Tank! :D

No, seriously, a proper Scout or Gunner can take a Tank in 1v1 around 1 in every 3-4 times.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowex1650:

Tank > Gunner
Tank > Scout
so then what?

No, seriously, a proper Scout or Gunner can take a Tank in 1v1 around 1 in every 3-4 times.

Pfft, rightio shadow….. Maybe when their 150 hp. Gunners can but only with that silly bellrung or ambush’s (that comes does come under proper sniping I guess….). Tanks aren’t OP due to their very short range, if they had long range…. Mother of God….

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Tank > Gunner
Tank > Scout
so then what?

Pfft, rightio shadow….. Maybe when their 150 hp. Gunners can but only with that silly bellrung or ambush’s (that comes does come under proper sniping I guess….). Tanks aren’t OP due to their very short range, if they had long range…. Mother of God….

Imagine a tank with Railgun. Now remind me again why giving other classes random weapons is no good. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Tank > Gunner
Tank > Scout
so then what?

Imagine a tank with Railgun. Now remind me again why giving other classes random weapons is no good. :P

It would be crap, no mega crits…. Hvae you seen the some of the crappy dmg you deal from no scope short distance shots??? I was think tank auto shotgun + LR flamethrower aka, bazooka flare gun with fireworks.

Flag Post

Tank E recharge from 4s to 6s is so sad. Now its hard to travel around the map quickly. Especially if you slip off the shuttle or moon base cp, you need to extra 2 seconds to get back in :|

And Flame Thrower always pwns Shotgun in tank vs tank. Can this be balanced a bit?

Flag Post

flamethrower pwns everything. i’ve never seen one lose. i’ve never seen one not kill dozens of enemies. it might not have great range but that doesn’t make the Tank easy to take down, while in reverse it is extremely easy to take down a whole bunch of stuff with Flamethower.

Flag Post

Yes. Flamethrower absolutely needs to be nerfed. Its an anti tank weapon. The only defense for a tank against flamethrower is to get one for himself.

Either the damage, or the burn on tanks must be reduced.

Flag Post

no it doesn’t if flamethrower gets nerfed then flare gun gets nerfed because that’s only fair but flamethrower doesn’t need a nerf its the most expensive gun so its going to be the best its common knowledge flare should be nerfed its shots are to fast its a tank killer its stun is to long its strong and its d o t is strong so u can keep them in place and they will not move unless there a scout

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

no it doesn’t if flamethrower gets nerfed then flare gun gets nerfed because that’s only fair but flamethrower doesn’t need a nerf its the most expensive gun so its going to be the best its common knowledge flare should be nerfed its shots are to fast its a tank killer its stun is to long its strong and its d o t is strong so u can keep them in place and they will not move unless there a scout

I have no idea what that means…

flamethrower pwns everything. i’ve never seen one lose. i’ve never seen one not kill dozens of enemies. it might not have great range but that doesn’t make the Tank easy to take down, while in reverse it is extremely easy to take down a whole bunch of stuff with Flamethower.

I actually meant to post this earlier but I forgot and now it’s too late for me to remember the tank’s name (duinn or something, eh I’ll remember it eventually), but I 1v1’d against a flamethrower tank as a gunner 4 times in a match and won 3. Granted, I had to go heal right after so I didn’t die from the posthumous DoT (which is why I think it shouldn’t be able to kill), but it is possible. Rely on stuns. And remember, as long as the tank is sniper hunting, the cp is vulnerable. Draw off the tank and tell your teammates to get their butts moving.

Flag Post

Not true, I’m able to 1v1 against tanks with Flamethrower as a gunner, it’s always a tie, you just have to keep moving and attack away its range, which is not really long.