September 22, 2012 Update Build Notes page 2 (locked)

36 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:
Originally posted by Djinn99:

While I understand that shotguns in general have a larger range and less spread than almost every game portrays them to have:

Originally posted by freerangegames:

Free Range Development Philosophy

- Fun is more important than realism

So your point is invalid.

just because it’s more important doesn’t mean they don’t incorporate it… and if they nerf the shotgun to hell then i officially quit, because that means all 3 of the guns i bought with kreds ended up sucking…

I still have a small problem with shotguns V scouts, but thats not so bad, I just don’t like the mega damage. But just because they nerf it doesn’t mean they have to completely destroy it.

HEY! we also hate those dang scout sabers with mega!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by basicbasic:
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:
Originally posted by Djinn99:

While I understand that shotguns in general have a larger range and less spread than almost every game portrays them to have:

Originally posted by freerangegames:

Free Range Development Philosophy

- Fun is more important than realism

So your point is invalid.

just because it’s more important doesn’t mean they don’t incorporate it… and if they nerf the shotgun to hell then i officially quit, because that means all 3 of the guns i bought with kreds ended up sucking…

I still have a small problem with shotguns V scouts, but thats not so bad, I just don’t like the mega damage. But just because they nerf it doesn’t mean they have to completely destroy it.

HEY! we also hate those dang scout sabers with mega!

HEY! We all hate the dang gunner with shotgun with mega!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by basicbasic:
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:
Originally posted by Djinn99:

While I understand that shotguns in general have a larger range and less spread than almost every game portrays them to have:

Originally posted by freerangegames:

Free Range Development Philosophy

- Fun is more important than realism

So your point is invalid.

just because it’s more important doesn’t mean they don’t incorporate it… and if they nerf the shotgun to hell then i officially quit, because that means all 3 of the guns i bought with kreds ended up sucking…

I still have a small problem with shotguns V scouts, but thats not so bad, I just don’t like the mega damage. But just because they nerf it doesn’t mean they have to completely destroy it.

HEY! we also hate those dang scout sabers with mega!

HEY! We all hate the dang gunner with shotgun with mega!

HEY! We all hate any weapon with mega!

 
Flag Post

FRG said to put this to the update thread. so i’m gonna continue the talk about the MD here.

i think the 2x damage boost is a bit much, because they doubled the boost AND the duration, i think a 1.5x damage boost with the 30 seconds is plenty. and then there shouldn’t be very many 1 shot kills at all, besides heavyshotgun crit on a scout up close, and gunner headshot with railgun Q’ed across the map.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

FRG said to put this to the update thread. so i’m gonna continue the talk about the MD here.

i think the 2x damage boost is a bit much, because they doubled the boost AND the duration, i think a 1.5x damage boost with the 30 seconds is plenty. and then there shouldn’t be very many 1 shot kills at all, besides heavyshotgun crit on a scout up close, and gunner headshot with railgun Q’ed across the map.

And scout saber chop that thing can 1 hit kill a scout without mega damage. There is only a 5% chance to do it without mega, but there’s a 20% chance to do it with mega damage!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

FRG said to put this to the update thread. so i’m gonna continue the talk about the MD here.

i think the 2x damage boost is a bit much, because they doubled the boost AND the duration, i think a 1.5x damage boost with the 30 seconds is plenty. and then there shouldn’t be very many 1 shot kills at all, besides heavyshotgun crit on a scout up close, and gunner headshot with railgun Q’ed across the map.

And scout saber chop that thing can 1 hit kill a scout without mega damage. There is only a 5% chance to do it without mega, but there’s a 20% chance to do it with mega damage!

So tell me how you got those figures……

I think 2x is way too much, I one shot techs all the time with it, but I like it because it adds that extra dimension to the game. The biggest problem with it is that the same person grabs it, has his minute with it, then runs back to the spawn (or near spawn) point of it, he generally knows when its going to respawn so he can just keep on picking it up. I think you should make it so that you can’t pick it up two times in a row or only a certain amount of times in a game.

 
Flag Post

Doing Mega-Damage respawn between 1min-2min after being taken in a random spot on the map would fix it, IMO.

 
Flag Post

I thin the real reason about why they made the megadamged is the tank class. They are kinda hard to kill even with the shotgun so thats why is really high the damage, but x2 still much… 1,5 is low… 1,75 is the normal way maybeh

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SupersSonics:

I thin the real reason about why they made the megadamged is the tank class. They are kinda hard to kill even with the shotgun so thats why is really high the damage, but x2 still much… 1,5 is low… 1,75 is the normal way maybeh

Tanks absolutely destroy with the MD, the only class that is more effective with it is a gunner with a shotgun. A tank can jump into a room of 5 people with a minigun, Flame or hvy shotgun and the spread damage will absolutely annihilate while it hides behind its neutron. 1/2 damage will mean it just dies slower but at least the others get a chance.

 
Flag Post

We made the mega damage to add a bit of fun to the game and create a mechanic that draws people into the middle level of Training Arena.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

We made the mega damage to add a bit of fun to the game and create a mechanic that draws people into the middle level of Training Arena.

I like it, it just needs tweaking.