Permanent 2X XP Boost

27 posts

Flag Post

If we offered a Kred-only permanent 2X XP boost, what would be a fair price?

Flag Post

100-500 since in-game cash it cost 300

Flag Post

Permanent means forever.

Forever means infinity.

Infinity goes on for as long as you can think.

Flag Post

1000 is way too high. $100 just for an xp boost? Yeah right. I was thinking around 200-300 kreds. The permanent weapons all cost between 100-200 and technically depending on the weapon & a person’s skill level just that could earn them more wins which means more experience than a stock weapon. So just straight double experience should be no more than 300 kreds tops.

Flag Post

In my opinion don’t even add perma boosts.

Flag Post

Don’t.

Flag Post

Don’t. Especially if you want to keep open the possibility of future changes with rank rewards.

Flag Post

Agreed with Speak and El_X…..

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

Don’t. Especially if you want to keep open the possibility of future changes with rank rewards.

Why would that matter?

Flag Post

10 match boosts are currently 22 Kreds.

Originally posted by Jmoney016:

1000 is way too high. $100 just for anxp boost? Yeah right. I was thinking around 200-300 kreds. The permanent weapons all cost between 100-200 and technically depending on the weapon & a person’s skill level just that could earn them more wins which means more experience than a stock weapon. So just straight double experience should be no more than 300 kreds tops.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

Why would that matter?

For example, what if you start selling them now, but then later decide you want to add more progressive rewards (ie boosts, killstreaks, weapons) but you don’t want them to defuse so quickly? People will have already bought the xp boosts and you can’t just take them back. This is just my opinion obviously, and it depends on how far ahead your plans go, but I think adding the perm buy to xp boost would limit your options later on.

Flag Post

Yeah, gotta agree with the don’t movement. I like ranks as an indicator of status in the game. And while they were purchasable with cash before, cash was still something you had to work for. Even with the kreds purchases now it still means people can’t rocket ahead in ranks without a lot of cash and some work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

Even with the kreds purchases now it still means people can’t rocket ahead in ranks without a lot of cash and some work.

Your statement seems to imply that the current price for XP boosts is fair. Regardless of the price, even if there was a permanent XP boost, those who bought it would still have to work the same amount as those who buy it do now. (Fact is that almost nobody buys it as it is now, so it is probably too highly priced.) I’m not suggesting that we will do something that undervalues XP, I’m just trying to figure out the fair value for a permanent boost.

Flag Post

100-225 kreds as rank doesnt really mean anything because you could be a new player but still be better than a msg

Flag Post

I say don’t.

It would be useless. I honestly don’t know why anyone would even want a XP Boost, unless there’s a free cookie at General or something.

Flag Post

I’ve suspected that no one was buying it, but wasn’t sure. I don’t think it’s the price that’s too high, it’s just that as it stands rank is only an indicator of how long you’ve been playing. I think the reason no one is buying it is that it’s not worth real money no matter the cost as it stands. Honestly, I think the double cash boost for kreds makes sense (although I haven’t done the math to compare whether buying double cash for kreds is more profitable than just flat out buying cash), but the double xp for kreds doesn’t make much sense. If people want to buy the XP boost for cash let them use their money on it. People spending cash on XP can only mean they have less cash to spend on things that they can spend kreds on.

Flag Post

no one really cares about xp except for that lunar map
more people would care if you added maybe alternate version of class or something at certain rank

Flag Post

We’ve been adding content since we’ve launched. Eventually we’ll have enough to make all the ranks relevant.

Flag Post

I agree with speak, el, glock. All in favor of not adding permanent xp boost?

Flag Post

I’d still like to hear what people think a fair price would be for a permanent 2x xp boost. In my mind Glock is close to what other games might charge, when he said $100. Bigger games often sell 60 or 90 day 2x XP boosts for $50-60. (I don’t think we have enough content in the game yet to justify such a price though, as discussed above.) At a $100 price, very few people would buy the boost, but just 5 of those people would pay for a server for a month. That’s 5 out of thousands.

Flag Post

I’d still like to hear what people think a fair price would be for a permanent 2x xp boost. In my mind Glock is close to what other games might charge, when he said $100. Bigger games often sell 60 or 90 day 2x XP boosts for $50-60. (I don’t think we have enough content in the game yet to justify such a price though, as discussed above.) At a $100 price, very few people would buy the boost, but just 5 of those people would pay for a server for a month. That’s 5 out of thousands.

I still hope in the near future there will be some kind of events such as happy hour, or 2x weekends (Cash & Exp), if this 2X perma boost wont stop you guys from holding these, go ahead, and yeah, anything over $100, seems pretty reasonable to me, (Although I don’t think it’s a good idea; cosmetics are much profitable).

Flag Post

I say just wait and see how the game turns out. Its what you’ve seem to be doing so far regarding weapons prices and other stuff and it seems to be working out well so far :D

Flag Post

hmm frg I think you should make it for game cash back again, but it should be perm for kreds.. most people wants to level up faster so they will mostly buy the kred one perm. without the purchase of it with game cash, it just makes it harder for the higher ranks like rja,rob,cloak and the others to level up.

Flag Post

It should be a reasonable price in kreds $100 is way to much, cause ppl buy perm weps now for like $20-$50 i think the xp boost should be around $30-$60 a reasonable price, which most people will buy. Otherwise if it’s too high, less people would buy it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Master_Deven:

hmm frg I think you should make it for game cash back again, but it should be perm for kreds.. most people wants to level up faster so they will mostly buy the kred one perm. without the purchase of it with game cash, it just makes it harder for the higher ranks like rja,rob,cloak and the others to level up.

I never even used 2x exp boost except like 7 times.