Cash flowers :) page 6

143 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by arthur97:

FRG, close EVERY Cashflow thred, because i tthink they will never get that we wont stop

I don’t understand you. Who are “they”? Who is “we”?

Flag Post

I don’t care about cash flowers at all.

I’ll just wait till’ FRG patches it. It is a beta after all… no point in exploiting game bugs to get money..

Flag Post

If cashflowers go away, FRG could lower the Cash price of classes. Tell that to the selfish, colluding players next time they ruin your game.

OR

Just kill’em.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

If cashflowers go away, FRG could lower the Cash price of classes. Tell that to the selfish, colluding players next time they ruin your game.

OR

Just kill’em.

I enjoyed this.
Also, while this thread is active again, why don’t some people start brainstorming more ideas on counters that could be implemented?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

OR

Just kill’em.

I enjoyed this.
Also, while this thread is active again, why don’t some people start brainstorming more ideas on counters that could be implemented?

All players caught have their level reset to Recruit.

Flag Post

Seeing the holy grail of cash flowers is Moon Base, do something there.

P.S. Woah, did FRG just rage? I have never read you losing your cool. Watch out cash flowers!

Flag Post
Originally posted by kambetal1:

P.S. Woah, did FRG just rage? I have never read you losing your cool. Watch out cash flowers!

Have to stay professional online.

Flag Post

That wasn’t rage. It was calm and calculating.

I agree with Djinn, we should brainstorm more ideas to make help get rid of cashflowing.

Currently I think the best options are:
1) Set all Cash rewards on all maps equal like they were before
2) Randomly assign players to matches
3) Don’t allow switching teams until a player dies and the opposite team is 2 players down

Flag Post

I agree with Djinn, we should brainstorm more ideas to make help get rid of cashflowing.

3) Don’t allow switching teams until a player dies and the opposite team is 2 players down

This can be effective, But from what ive seen from the past week or so no one has been cashflowing at all. Another idea is to give the position of officer or whatever you want to call it to some of the users in fft. This role basically is for discipline and enforcing rules, so when they see a cash-flow maybe they can have to power to stop it somehow. But not only cashflows they can discipline disruptive players by kicking them out a room, muting them, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

This can be effective, But from what ive seen from the past week or so no one has been cashflowing at all. Another idea is to give the position of officer or whatever you want to call it to some of the users in fft. This role basically is for discipline and enforcing rules, so when they see a cash-flow maybe they can have to power to stop it somehow. But not only cashflows they can discipline disruptive players by kicking them out a room, muting them, etc.

I had thought of moderators before, but I’ve had trouble seeing exactly how they would fit into a game like this. There would need to be a fairly large body of them checking games around the clock for them to stop things. Maybe if they could view games they don’t participate in (all games would be recorded and able to be viewed by the mods within a week maybe? (For storage space purposes)) and give players a report abuse button ingame, then they could catch people and warn/punish them. But I would imagine getting a system like that working would cost more than it’s worth…

Flag Post

I had a feeling that the change to classes might mitigate Cashflowing somewhat even if only temporarily, but it’s fundamentally still possible to collude.

We’ve already discussed adding a vote-to-kick system and MVP system, but those will take more time to implement than the other options, so I left it off my list above.

Flag Post

I had a feeling that the change to classes might mitigate Cashflowing somewhat even if only temporarily, but it’s fundamentally still possible to collude.

We’ve already discussed adding a vote-to-kick system and MVP system, but those will take more time to implement than the other options, so I left it off my list above.

I think maybe if you lower but cash/xp prizes in moonbase and increasing the cash/prizes in shuttle people would be less happy about cashflowing and they would eventually stop because cashflowing in shuttle bay would take way too long unlike moonbase and people would just get bored.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

I think maybe if you lower but cash/xp prizes in moonbase and increasing the cash/prizes in shuttle people would be less happy about cashflowing and they would eventually stop because cashflowing in shuttle bay would take way too long unlike moonbase and people would just get bored.

and then nearly everyone would be playing in shuttle rather than either of the other 2 maps (is like this now kind of) I mean seriously, then you might as well take off the other maps because no one would play them over shuttle. Even now, not many people are wanting to play moonbase or training arena :/

Flag Post

vote-to-kick system would only benefit cash flowers since then they would ban you if you killed them
maybe make lot shorter matches with lot less in game cash reward or add extra in game cash for kills to promote competing

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

vote-to-kick system would only benefit cash flowers since then they would ban you if you killed them
maybe make lot shorter matches with lot less in game cash reward or add extra in game cash for kills to promote competing

They would just agree to kill the losing team for extra money.

Flag Post

I think we should make a different approach to this problem.
1 – You can’t prevent people from losing if they agree to do so, as it is in cashflow. We won’t make them change their minds whithout a good reason.

2 – Creating ways to punnish cashflowers, instead of reeducating, would only make them rage, complain and stop playing the game (which is not exactly good for business in a beta game).

3 – The real problem here (in my point of view) is the Moon Base’s game mode. Unlike the other maps, Moon Base allows extremelly fast matches, creating oportunity for cashflow. No one would do that in a slow-win shuttle game or in a 10 minute match Training Arena.

The easier way to stop this (easier, not easy) is to change Moon Base itself, building a game mode in which no one would like to cashflow, like the other maps.

Flag Post

I agree with Shupock on this, although i wouldn’t mind punishing cash flowers. About changing Moon Base, I’ve had this idea ever since the map came out.

I don’t like how tanks are so dominant on this map, which is probably because the only objective is to capture the point, rather than holding and defending it. If the objective of the game was changed so that like Shuttle Bay, points were given to the team that held the CP, but each CP on moon base would be worth 1 point instead of 8. This way, tanks will still be good at capturing, but faster classes like the scout would be viable for quickly getting to different CPs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shupock:

The real problem here (in my point of view) is the Moon Base’s game mode. Unlike the other maps, Moon Base allows extremelly fast matches, creating oportunity for cashflow. No one would do that in a slow-win shuttle game or in a 10 minute match Training Arena.

The easier way to stop this (easier, not easy) is to change Moon Base itself, building a game mode in which no one would like to cashflow, like the other maps.

i agree with this part,i think they should try to calculate so every map has about the same in game cash earn per min and only moon base is different in that you can finish it 4 times faster with higher gain