New classes coming page 5 (locked)

216 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by internalfire666:

Wow apparently you children cant even take a subject seriously and talk about what is coming out not what you would like. There is such forums for this and the only one for FFT is “Design Your Favorite Class”. If you would like to have fun creating silly classes please do it there, because people tend to get a thread locked if they get off the purpose of the actual subject.

Thats not the case at all, almost all threads go off topic and they don’t lock them all.

Originally posted by shadowex1650:

A gaming community starts by people playing a game and having fun, only a certain amount of people like us read and post on the forums. Yes you may have fun posting your little trollolol comments and i quite enjoy them when the are appropriate for the subject. But it gets silly when people go into detail what kind of class they want in the wrong forum. I found your pictures interesting and humorous, but when a person actually writes the specific details of a class they want for FFT they are posting on the wrong forum.

My post wasn’t specific at all, if that’s what you meant. I made it up as a joke about Pad’s Santa Claus. I was too lazy to search for a picture of a robotic Santa on a metal sleigh, so…

There you go.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Wow apparently you children cant even take a subject seriously and talk about what is coming out not what you would like. There is such forums for this and the only one for FFT is “Design Your Favorite Class”. If you would like to have fun creating silly classes please do it there, because people tend to get a thread locked if they get off the purpose of the actual subject.

Thats not the case at all, almost all threads go off topic and they don’t lock them all.

Originally posted by shadowex1650:

A gaming community starts by people playing a game and having fun, only a certain amount of people like us read and post on the forums. Yes you may have fun posting your little trollolol comments and i quite enjoy them when the are appropriate for the subject. But it gets silly when people go into detail what kind of class they want in the wrong forum. I found your pictures interesting and humorous, but when a person actually writes the specific details of a class they want for FFT they are posting on the wrong forum.

My post wasn’t specific at all, if that’s what you meant. I made it up as a joke about Pad’s Santa Claus. I was too lazy to search for a picture of a robotic Santa on a metal sleigh, so…

There you go.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow screw dat

Flag Post

I have grown tired of everyone’s antics here….

Flag Post

Could we please get back on this forums topic, this isn’t create your own class this is the new classes coming. So if you have any information about the new classes coming post it here.

Flag Post

Well, more on topic then: We know that the classes are coming in the near future. Perhaps a mid November (Thanksgiving time for those in the USA) anyone?

Flag Post

You guys are so uptight….

Originally posted by gexsiun:

Well, more on topic then: We know that the classes are coming in the near future. Perhaps a mid November (Thanksgiving time for those in the USA) anyone?

Don’t even try and put dates. Just don’t. It never ends well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:

Gex, never try to make predictions, because Hofstadter’s Law.

I’m gonna be happy once it comes out, but until it does, I’m not gonna think much about it.

Flag Post

Sorry for the long delay. We had serious infrastructure issues that we finally fixed. It put us weeks behind schedule. Today, we finally had an internal playtest within FRG. Personally, I liked the Blaster, but the Blazer, Assassin, and Shocker were fun too. We have more balancing and debugging to do before we release, but that should be in a few weeks—hopefully in time for Thanksgiving. No promises, but that’s what it looks like right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Sorry for the long delay. We had serious infrastructure issues that we finally fixed. It put us weeks behind schedule. Today, we finally had an internal playtest within FRG. Personally, I liked the Blaster, but the Blazer, Assassin, and Shocker were fun too. We have more balancing and debugging to do before we release, but that should be in a few weeks—hopefully in time for Thanksgiving. No promises, but that’s what it looks like right now.

Good 2 weeks better then i expected, but from all the updates we have experienced my guess is the update will be the day after thanksgiving, or the day after that since almost all your updates are on Friday.

Flag Post

I can’t wait for these new classes, it’s gonna be chaos! I’m definitely going to try out the new classes, but I’ll probably stick to kamikaze trolling and killstreak ending with my slightly feminine scout.

One question: New classes means new weapons, but will the classes have buyable weapons as well like the others?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I can’t wait for these new classes, it’s gonna be chaos! I’m definitely going to try out the new classes, but I’ll probably stick to kamikaze trolling and killstreak ending with my slightly feminine scout.

One question: New classes means new weapons, but will the classes have buyable weapons as well like the others?

I guess they will stick to the main system where each class has different weapons because they have different abilities, purposes and “jobs”. So yeah maybe new classes with custome weapons + armory for each one.

• Though *Blazer has a Flame-Thrower.

In other topic what i think of the classes.

Shocker: looks like a more “killer” version of a tech, maybe it could be explained as a tech mixed with a gunner. It looks like it has a stun weapon. But it my also be another sniper…

Blaster : Definitely heavy-bomb-firing type.

Assassin: Maybe the mix of a scout and a gunner, so it has nice speed and more damage but low attack or defense, or low damage weps.

Blaster : Looks like a fat gunner… so maybe you may have the speed, mobility damage lowered ofrom the gunner , but his health and shield are almost as high as the tank. or the other way around, maybe it is a very high defense/hp/shield with low damage- which may not be because of the flammy…

Still i guess ill stick with my gunner and maybe use assassin because of what i “guess” it is. But only time will tell. So bring them!

Also it looks like the tank had some fashion and looks improved… looks like Optimus Prime or bumble bee from transformers xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by diegozil:
Originally posted by Sizrek:

I guess they will stick to the main system where each class has different weapons because they have different abilities, purposes and “jobs”. So yeah maybe new classes with custome weapons + armory for each one.

• Though *Blazer has a Flame-Thrower.

In other topic what i think of the classes.

Shocker: looks like a more “killer” version of a tech, maybe it could be explained as a tech mixed with a gunner. It looks like it has a stun weapon. But it my also be another sniper…

Blaster : Definitely heavy-bomb-firing type.

Assassin: Maybe the mix of a scout and a gunner, so it has nice speed and more damage but low attack or defense, or low damage weps.

Blaster : Looks like a fat gunner… so maybe you may have the speed, mobility damage lowered ofrom the gunner , but his health and shield are almost as high as the tank. or the other way around, maybe it is a very high defense/hp/shield with low damage- which may not be because of the flammy…

Still i guess ill stick with my gunner and maybe use assassin because of what i “guess” it is. But only time will tell. So bring them!

Also it looks like the tank had some fashion and looks improved… looks like Optimus Prime or bumble bee from transformers xD

The more armor you have the slower you go, so assassin will not have near scout speed so don’t expect that, but he will have more hp and shield then scout. Shocker will probably have the same hp as scout, have stronger weapons, or be allot faster then tech. blazer will be pretty slow it will probably be another defense like a tank but with less hp but have more damage, but less range.
Blaster will be slow, super strong, but lack in close range battles since its guns are long range as you can see in the picture.

Flag Post

Some guesses regarding the stats of the new classes (We’ll see how close I was when they come out), (the constant “x” denotes the mobility of the gunner, for relative comparisons)

For comparison:

Tank: 400 health, 45% armor, 1.1x mobility

Gunner: 300 health, 30% armor, x mobility

Tech: 260 health, 25% armor, .9x mobility

Scout: 200 health, 20% armor, 2x mobility

What I expect:

Shocker: 270 health, 30% armor, .9x mobility

Blazer: 350 health, 40% armor, .75x mobility

Assassin: 250 health, 25% armor, 1.5x

Blaster: 330 health, 35% armor, .8x mobility

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dual_Smoke:

Some guesses regarding the stats of the new classes (We’ll see how close I was when they come out), (the constant “x” denotes the mobility of the gunner, for relative comparisons)

For comparison:

What I expect:

Makes since. P.S just bumped the picture.

Flag Post

For comparison:

What I expect:

I agree that Dual has a great guess here, I would enjoy them like this.
Sorry for being late to this forum, work has been tough, now on to what my ideas and preferences are:
-I think the classes should be rank permitted, not too high or low, but it’s not my call at where to set the rank permittance.
-Blaster: HEAVY!! slow, long range and powerful, weak point would be up close and strong point would be long range where that cannon he’s burdened with would be king
-Blazer: Very close range, should have better shields to protect him from himself more than enemies, will be the blaster’s nightmare and vice versa, I think it should inherit a tank-like ability to protect itself
-Assassin: Should be able to cloak, change color for maybe 10 seconds, high damage at point blank with his womping stick he’s holding, but also have a mid range weapon, I like the poison damage idea but maybe just slowed movement would be more effective to ensure a getaway
-Shocker: personal favorite. That gun he’s holding looks like it should be long range, as tech is best for helping capture I think Shocker would be better on sniper support. Primary might be a long range weapon or I would like a laser, a beam that continuously fires until cool down. Secondary I could see as something simple, maybe a pistol to use as a flyswatter for pesky sniper hunting scouts

For abilities I am stumped, I would like opinions on what I said and maybe someone to add on to it. Tell me what Q and E abilities you would add to my preferences or how you would change them.

Thanks for reading, I’ll have my leave
signed. Loops

Flag Post
Originally posted by LoopyX338:

For comparison:

What I expect:

Sorry for being late to this forum, work has been tough, now on to what my ideas and preferences are:
-I think the classes should be rank permitted, not too high or low, but it’s not my call at where to set the rank permittance.
-Blaster: HEAVY!! slow, long range and powerful, weak point would be up close and strong point would be long range where that cannon he’s burdened with would be king
-Blazer: Very close range, should have better shields to protect him from himself more than enemies, will be the blaster’s nightmare and vice versa, I think it should inherit a tank-like ability to protect itself
-Assassin: Should be able to cloak, change color for maybe 10 seconds, high damage at point blank with his womping stick he’s holding, but also have a mid range weapon, I like the poison damage idea but maybe just slowed movement would be more effective to ensure a getaway
-Shocker: personal favorite. That gun he’s holding looks like it should be long range, as tech is best for helping capture I think Shocker would be better on sniper support. Primary might be a long range weapon or I would like a laser, a beam that continuously fires until cool down. Secondary I could see as something simple, maybe a pistol to use as a flyswatter for pesky sniper hunting scouts

For abilities I am stumped, I would like opinions on what I said and maybe someone to add on to it. Tell me what Q and E abilities you would add to my preferences or how you would change them.

signed. Loops

Maybe when the blaster canon target locked it would start charging to do more damage. Blazer would probably be anti tank and blaster, assassin anti sniper or anti blaster or tank. shocker would be anti scout and anti tech, and blaster would be anti blazer and anti tank (if he shoots blazer or tank from far away.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

For comparison:

What I expect:

signed. Loops

Maybe when the blaster canon target locked it would start charging to do more damage. Blazer would probably be anti tank and blaster, assassin anti sniper or anti blaster or tank. shocker would be anti scout and anti tech, and blaster would be anti blazer and anti tank (if he shoots blazer or tank from far away.)

He gets it^

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

For comparison:

What I expect:

signed. Loops

He gets it^

2 more weeks untill new classes. X_X

Flag Post

Rumors.

Flag Post

I’m not sure how the Rock-Paper-Scissors aspect applies to this.

Personally, I like to look at this game as having 3 main avenues:

1. The Goal
2. The Open Air
3. The Sniper Nests

Some classes are made to achieve/hold the “Goal”. The “goal” will always have the fiercest fighting, and therefore will have many people running in an attempt to retreat.

Classes that excel in the Open Air are made to pick off these running classes. It is almost always better to kill an opponent than let him get a health (which could be used for yourself or your team). This is why the scout is an integral part of every team, even though he is relatively ineffective inside the “Goal” area.

Sniper Nests are the areas in which classes use long range weapons to pummel the Goal area. Classes can both BE snipers and ASSIST the snipers. Usually, classes in the “Open Air” section of the battlefield are the ones who must counter the Sniper Nests; although this can also be done with classes from other Sniper Nests or classes in the Goal area.

Just a generic outline in which the new classes can be drawn in, if you wish.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

Rumors.

So you DO eat raisin bran??

Flag Post

1. The Goal
2. The Open Air
3. The Sniper Nests

Some classes are made to achieve/hold the “Goal”. The “goal” will always have the fiercest fighting, and therefore will have many people running in an attempt to retreat.

Classes that excel in the Open Air are made to pick off these running classes. It is almost always better to kill an opponent than let him get a health (which could be used for yourself or your team). This is why the scout is an integral part of every team, even though he is relatively ineffective inside the “Goal” area.

Sniper Nests are the areas in which classes use long range weapons to pummel the Goal area. Classes can both BE snipers and ASSIST the snipers. Usually, classes in the “Open Air” section of the battlefield are the ones who must counter the Sniper Nests; although this can also be done with classes from other Sniper Nests or classes in the Goal area.

RPS:
Goal > Open Air > Sniper Nest > Goal.

Unless, of course, you have a pro. That above assumption was made given all players were of the exact same skill level, with the exact same weapons and stuff.

Pros would ruin it. Pros always do. Pro things in the Goal side can hunt down snipers. Pro Open Air types can kill Goal types. Stuff like that can happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowex165:

1. The Goal
2. The Open Air
3. The Sniper Nests

RPS:
Goal > Open Air > Sniper Nest > Goal.

Unless, of course, you have a pro. That above assumption was made given all players were of the exact same skill level, with the exact same weapons and stuff.

Pros would ruin it. Pros always do. Pro things in the Goal side can hunt down snipers. Pro Open Air types can kill Goal types. Stuff like that can happen.

For the most part I absolutely agree with that analysis you made.

I would like to add the stipulation that, given a strictly competitive environment amongst pros, the laws you suggested SHOULD theoretically have no exceptions.

I would like to make the comparison of Rated battlegrounds and Random battlegrounds in the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft.

In random battlegrounds, people are not in communication and do not necessarily know their class role well enough to work together at full potential.

However, in rated battlegrounds, all players are in communication and are generally very well experienced. The results are that while yes, a class meant to have one role can get away with doing something else in a random battleground given the player is a “pro”; the same player will be unable to perform that pseudo-role given a rated environment with other experts.

This is why I urge for a competitive gamestyle! Would make for much fun at the meta game level.

Flag Post

If by competitive gamestyle you mean things such as rankings then you should know about elo in this game. The big problem with elo is that you can’t see it, this takes out the competitive edge imo. If you do know about elo… then uh.. explain further.

Flag Post

For comparison:

What I expect:

Yes.. 100% correct.