The Great Tech Defence

91 posts

Flag Post

I’m looking to play with some fellow techs to use the Great Tech Defence™ to win us endless matches in the Training Facility, just sign up here if your interested.

What I’m looking for

In a Tech

I need 1-2 Techs who can play at around the same time as me (so I have to know you play), rank doesn’t matter, as long as you use the repair beam often. I might consider making this a clan-like thing in which we have 3-5 techs who can use it with eachother.

In a gunner

Countersniping is needed for a 100% success rate, I need a gunner who can outsnipe other gunners. Dw, you’ll be healed during the process.

In a Tank

Don’t really need tanks, if you play with us you’ll be very useful, but we won’t actively use you.

In a scout

Really don’t need a scout, all they’ll do is steal kills belonging to a tech or gunner.

Signups!

Tech

• Probandit10
  • Strait/Helltank
  • xco
  • Sky Gecko
  • Dual_Smoke

Gunner

• Rocket907
  • Strait/Helltank
  • urndel
  • Sky Gecko

If you sign and I accept you, I’ll PM you the details on The Great Tech Defence™, just as a little thing to encourage you to sign-up… Me and another tech (no gunner) managed to fend off two Majors both using tanks with flamethrowers with the defence.

Flag Post

Hello basic, i have seen you on other threads and forums and whatever not… Hehe, nice idea here.

I believe i am not the only one who has realised how pathetic the tech is when it is alone. Yup, they get completely pwned. Totally, utterly, completely. Especially those gunners, and fly-by scouts. Grr.

And of course, your best friend is… No no, not your scouts, those steal kills. No no, not tanks, they block your way and cant even touch enemy scouts. No no, not your turret, they are easy targets for enemy gunners. Obviously, your best friend is another tech! Obvious, hey?

If more people would take a peek at this thread, you stand a chance. Sign me up for Tech, you’re gonna need it. Trust me. Oh, don’t try to be funny by placing my name under gunner, you will REGRET IT! I am a horrible rifler, nevermind sniper. :P

I have a few questions, if i may ask?

Scenario based

1)If there are too many enemy gunners (Like 5? OMG), and our own gunners get countersniped and our techs are pushed back, do we retreat? Or hold ground and fend them off?

Suggestion: The techs should first take cover, reducing casualties, then pull them back like a atomic bomb is coming our way. Return to the safety of our base, request every tech to change to gunner class at spawn point, and give them that counter they are asking for! Maybe keep 2 techs at least. Then the snipers have good defense.

2)If there are too many tanks and they step into our Great Tech Defense, shield up and ruin the whole tech thing? What will our techs have to do? Pull back? Or hold ground?

Suggestion: Team morale is important, when we group together, we feel braver, like a shot of arenaline went into our blood. I think the techs should pull back, regroup with the friendly snipers and deploy turrets beside the snipers. Enemy snipers have to be counter-sniped. By that time, the enemy tank’s shields would have faded (yay, 10 seconds only, woot!), and F-bombs away!

(Although i give suggestions, you must be thinkin’, why in the world ask? Well, you’re the founder, or leader, or master, or whatever, the choice is yours. Don’t fret, imma not gonna crumble.)

General scenarios, tactical response

1)In normal battles of a 5v5 or more, the opponent will think of ways to counter the Great Tech Defense. If they do, how do we respond? Even if you have a plan, it will be hard to communicate to our comrades as the in-game chat suks to a extent. Solution?

Suggestion : I am outta them. Whoops. Maybe a edit soon. :D

2)What if those silly enemies coop up like chickens in their base?

Suggestion : Ask me, ME, yes, i volunteer to do this, to return to our base, change into a scout class, and fly around their base, luring them out. Request friendly snipers to prepare a chokepoint, ambush on sight. Techs should all prepare a suitable defense, either around the capture point, or around snipers. Meanwhile, i will fly around their entrance and lure em.

Okay, imma typed enough. lawls. Remember to count me in, you will need it!

Adios pal!See you in battle!

Until then.

Probandit10

Flag Post

I am going to NOT sign up, but watch this thread, and purposely countersnipe/suicide-bomb your tech fort. It’ll be amusing. :3

However, as a kind of a tip, seeing as I intend to contribute to the skills of the general community…

General Scenarios Tactical Response 1 for you guys: 5v5. when you guys have a greatly amusing fort built up…I’m going to round up one or two other great snipers and…let’s just say Headshots. Headshots explain everything.

Response 2: If I were on the opposing team, forget having all your enemies coop up. At least one would be suicide-charging as a Scout(Me).

Scenario Based Responses: If there are too many gunners, just keep in mind that 3 Railgun shots on 1 Gunner, no matter where you hit, that Gunner would die. Also remember that Railgun shots pierce. In a situation of 5v5 with 5 Gunners against 3 Gunners and 2 Techs, I’m pretty certain the Gunners would all cooperate to headshot the enemy Gunners, then move on to the less threatening Techs.

If there are too many Tanks, I have absolutely no suggestions for you. My luck is so amazing that I have never been in a team with more than 1 Tank recently. It’s been forcing me to capture the CP as a sniper Q.Q
Snipers on CP, always amusing…

Flag Post

Did u just diss scout’s, take back what you said about scouts or we will have a problem. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I would sign up i am a ok tech haven’t practiced much but i was able to dodge 3 tanks wile healing my tank friend, and i am a tank, and a gunner, and mostly scout.

P.S i sign up to anything that means killing people. :P

Flag Post

i could be the tank with flamethrower if you want :D
or tech if you want

Flag Post

Response 2: If I were on the opposing team, forget having all your enemies coop up. At least one would be suicide-charging as a Scout(Me).

You do realise I use the sonic disrupter that renders all scouts useless against me, another tech and two suppressors?

General Scenarios Tactical Response 1 for you guys: 5v5. when you guys have a greatly amusing fort built up…I’m going to round up one or two other great snipers and…let’s just say Headshots. Headshots explain everything.

You can only snipe our stuff from one tower, good luck getting up there without the gunner countersniping. We can also move our supressors if we needed to.

If there are too many gunners, just keep in mind that 3 Railgun shots on 1 Gunner, no matter where you hit, that Gunner would die.

See above. I guess you don’t realise how hard it is to shoot techs in the basement. Especially since there are health packs and nano bots flying around.

If there are too many Tanks, I have absolutely no suggestions for you.

I held off Deven and Fyr both using flamethrowers. It wasn’t easy but they both went negative at the end of the match. Remember that 90% of the time we’ll be the ones picking up MD. 3 or more tanks would be a problem, however once the 6 seconds of bubble is gone they die fairly quickly.

I guess I gave away too much info there. But meh.

What if those silly enemies coop up like chickens in their base?

Then the defence was successful and our gunner can go have some fun shooting them with the MD, besides do you know how hard it is to resist attacking techs?

Even if you have a plan, it will be hard to communicate to our comrades as the in-game chat suks to a extent. Solution?

Wouldn’t team chat suffice? Also countering the Great Tech Defence™ is very hard, in the game with the two tanks we did occasionally have a gunner up there attempting to snipe us, of course I had usually moved my turret out of danger by then.

yay, 10 seconds only, woot!

I thought it was 6?

Did u just diss scout’s, take back what you said about scouts or we will have a problem.

Not dissing them, just saying that they are useless for the Great Tech Defence™.

Flag Post

You’re both off actually, Neutron Shell lasts 8 seconds. :P

I’m curious as to how you plan on getting all of your players on the same team, specially through multiple matches? And as for holding off tanks with flamethrowers, it is not just a kill anything weapon (like the shotgun has become), using it to its full potential requires skill and practice. And, although Dev and Fyr are both above average players, they’re not primary tanks. I’ve countered tech/gunner/tank spam nests alone quite a few times. But, with that being said, if you actually have a real strategy and can execute it I would be curious to see it and fight against it ;)

Flag Post

Basic, I’m interested to join as a sniper (if only I had shotgun:( I have auto-shotgun, don’t ask y I got it over shotgun) but you said we just use rail gun so ok…. But the only problem I got is that I’m only available on the weekends. So if your ok with the condition sign me up. BTW I’m a Maj.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

I’m curious as to how you plan on getting all of your players on the same team, specially through multiple matches? And as for holding off tanks with flamethrowers, it is not just a kill anything weapon (like the shotgun has become), using it to its full potential requires skill and practice. And, although Dev and Fyr are both above average players, they’re not primary tanks. I’ve countered tech/gunner/tank spam nests alone quite a few times. But, with that being said, if you actually have a real strategy and can execute it I would be curious to see it and fight against it ;)

You are a bit scary with that flame djinn :P In regards to the thread, what about gunners with shotguns? They tend to be a bit stun/trigger happy. Fighting off tanks and scouts sounds reasonable (as long as at least one tech is healing), and handling a sniper is fine, but when it comes to a team with several shotguns, things tend to get a bit hairy.

Flag Post

Also, is this only going to work only at training fac? Although it is my fav. map, it gives the least amount of cash (I have 21.5k, anxious to get Flamy)

Flag Post

interesting idea… but how will everyone be on the same team?

Flag Post

Is this for a future clan?

Originally posted by shadowex1650:

I am going to NOT sign up, but watch this thread, and purposely countersnipe/suicide-bomb your tech fort. It’ll be amusing. :3

Same :P

Originally posted by joshthekiller:

Did u just diss scout’s, take back what you said about scouts or we will have a problem.

Scouts _ they KS me a lot and have freaking lag kill weps.

Originally posted by prepkunow:

interesting idea… but how are will everyone be on the same team?

If it’s for clans/actual tournaments, then FRG will have it set up.

Originally posted by gexsiun:

You are a bit scary with that flame djinn :P In regards to the thread, what about gunners with shotguns? They tend to be a bit stun/trigger happy. Fighting off tanks and scouts sounds reasonable (as long as at least one tech is healing), and handling a sniper is fine, but when it comes to a team with several shotguns, things tend to get a bit hairy.

Gex, you should make your own tech team to fight against this one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

You do realise I use the sonic disrupter that renders all scouts useless against me, another tech and two suppressors?

You also do realise that I said suicide charging? XD

And yes, I know how hard it is. I’ve done it before, of course I’d know.

When Training Facility just came up, every game I joined had to have a bunch of Techs clamouring for the Great Tech Defence™, and I had to hunt them down.

Flag Post

See my suggestion for pairing. I would like clans, but it would through balancing way out of wack.

but you said we just use rail gun so ok…

Just for counter sniping, if none are there then you’ll end up shotgunning with us.

but when it comes to a team with several shotguns, things tend to get a bit hairy.

You underestimate you own weapon gex, don’t you multi stun with the sonic like I do? With them stunned, and two+ S III’s it’ll be hard for them to beat us (without MD ofc).

Also, is this only going to work only at training fac? Although it is my fav. map, it gives the least amount of cash (I have 21.5k, anxious to get Flamy)

Yea, only on TF since it provides an excellent spot which provides heaps of protection. All the others are either weak to MD or sniping.

You also do realise that I said suicide charging? XD

You clearly haven’t been against me with the SD and my S III, I was poning ninjo and his shotgun with it, with no outside help. What luck does a scout have? Especially when I take its shields, stun, bomb and have an S III destroying it. People underestimate this.

Sad so few ppl signed up, meh, I’ll just recruit in-game a bit as well.

Anyway, so I’ve started my guide on the Great Tech Defence™ (I can use TM since it means unregistered trademark right?) on the wiki, I’ll link it to you guys when I’m done.

Flag Post

I sign up for this. I learned the ropes of the game(by which I mean how to aim guns properly) as a tech, and I started to get positive K/D ratios as a gunner.

I am an alt of helltank. My main account, helltank, has another alt, drunkasawhale. I might show up as any of these three, so don’t worry if helltank appears instead of Straitjaket.

EDIT:I am good with either tech or gunner. It depends on situation, and I can change classes if need be. I suck as tank, I am decent as scout if the enemy has too many snipers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Straitjaket:

I sign up for this. I learned the ropes of the game(by which I mean how to aim guns properly) as a tech, and I started to get positive K/D ratios as a gunner.

I am an alt of helltank. My main account, helltank, has another alt, drunkasawhale. I might show up as any of these three, so don’t worry if helltank appears instead of Straitjaket.

EDIT:I am good with either tech or gunner. It depends on situation, and I can change classes if need be. I suck as tank, I am decent as scout if the enemy has too many snipers.

I’ll sign you up as both.

Anyway, I’ve done the guide now, it turns out my defence has 3 variations, though I only plan to use one.

Anyway, here’s the link, just scroll past the tutorial.

Flag Post

This sounds like fun… to beat! :P I’d like to invite shadow and djinn to join me in forming a team to counter this defense whenever it is ready. I’ll make a new topic on this shortly, and anyone else who wants to join the offensive side is welcome to sign up, but be warned that attacking will be significantly harder than defending. Whenever clans are ready, I’m hoping that there will be at least two clans ready to duke it out on the battlefield :)

P.S I think it’s possible to beat this 5v5 with all scouts. I’d love to try

Flag Post

Basic…Suicide-charging means I don’t expect to win anymore. :D

Flag Post

Yo basic, shadow and all space fighters out there! Release that hot air in your power-suits and lets rock!

Ahem. No wait, dont mind what i said earlier.

Anyways, thx basic for signing me up and stuff.

Shadow…

Heheheh, good for you. :D

This sounds like fun… to beat! :P I’d like to invite shadow and djinn to join me in forming a team to counter this defense whenever it is ready. I’ll make a new topic on this shortly, and anyone else who wants to join the offensive side is welcome to sign up, but be warned that attacking will be significantly harder than defending. Whenever clans are ready, I’m hoping that there will be at least two clans ready to duke it out on the battlefield :)

Of course its gonna be fun to beat! Yea! Cos you’re gonna beat it on your 999th try! Which is a nice number for you to celebrate! Enjoy! Fun to beat, huh?

And that 5v5 scout idea sounds chaotic. I bet the laggers are gonna get owned. And newbies are gonna crash to the ground. And ragers are gonna change class. And quitters are gonna… well… quit. And pros are gonna pwn those others.

Flag Post

So we have a tech and scout team? alright then…GUNNER IT IS. :P (someone make one. I’m too lazy to. unless i do it when i get home from school), but I’d recomend rj, deven,, me, (there really aren’t many people on cause of school, so choices are limited. could think of more but haven’t seen them much.) and…xxi!!!!! he’s back :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

So we have a tech and scout team? alright then…GUNNER IT IS. :P (someone make one. I’m too lazy to. unless i do it when i get home from school), but I’d recomend rj, deven,, me, (there really aren’t many people on cause of school, so choices are limited. could think of more but haven’t seen them much.) and…xxi!!!!! he’s back :P

Cloak, I’d join Gunner as well. Gunner and Scout is fun…until the other 4 gets released, and then I’d have to think again >.<

Flag Post

This isn’t about making a tech team, its about making a fortress. So in that way, ours is far superior to the all scout and all gunner teams. (Though both of them have merit and have a chance of beating us).

Doesn’t matter got stunned.

You do realise that I as a tech I have around a 90% success rate agaisnt scouts with my sonic disrupter? Out of around 200+ that includes some lfts and majors as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

This isn’t about making a tech team, its about making a fortress. So in that way, ours is far superior to the all scout and all gunner teams. (Though both of them have merit and have a chance of beating us).

Doesn’t matter got stunned.

You do realise that I as a tech I have around a 90% success rate agaisnt scouts with my sonic disrupter? Out of around 200+ that includes some lfts and majors as well.

No, what I really mean is that if I start suicide-charging, it’s my auto-lose button, and I’m just going to mess around and try to cause more laughter before the end of the match.

Flag Post

This man is a machine when it comes to tanking, your 5 man team wouldn’t stand a chance if he came in and I was behind on heals. If you manage to take him down (very tough, trust me) I have an Ion Burster that will make short work of shields and with an Ion/bomb your health will quickly follow. I’m interested to see how this works, but any good player can rape a tech. My comment to help you would be to get gexiun or blemispho, along with me we make the best 3 techs in the game (as each of us are great alone and god-like with a good team) but I’m not interested in this team, I believe in a balanced team. My preference would be: Djinn (god tank) xxi (sniper) Rocket907 (great gunner + laughs and tbags) gexiun (the greatest tech I know) joshthekiller (scout, read his name KILLER) padrone1987 (great at everything) but of course with all of us being such high ranks the god team can never become a reality

Flag Post
Originally posted by LoopyX338:

This man is a machine when it comes to tanking, your 5 man team wouldn’t stand a chance if he came in and I was behind on heals. If you manage to take him down (very tough, trust me) I have an Ion Burster that will make short work of shields and with an Ion/bomb your health will quickly follow. I’m interested to see how this works, but any good player can rape a tech. My comment to help you would be to get gexiun or blemispho, along with me we make the best 3 techs in the game (as each of us are great alone and god-like with a good team) but I’m not interested in this team, I believe in a balanced team. My preference would be: Djinn (god tank) xxi (sniper) Rocket907 (great gunner + laughs and tbags) gexiun (the greatest tech I know) joshthekiller (scout, read his name KILLER) padrone1987 (great at everything) but of course with all of us being such high ranks the god team can never become a reality

There Josh. You’re finally mentioned somewhere. No more complaining now, mmkay? :P